• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reincarnation Wars Meta and Registration Thread 2

So here's my interpretation of all of this. Senri is only able to copy someones ability who's potential she has raised. I don't remember, but I'll concede and say that she raised my potential in secret or something. The only ability I've had is the ability to summon/manifest a stand, that's the only ability that Andy would get. Whatever his stand would look or function as is up to him.

Once he has his own stand, can he raise the potential of Killer Queen and steal it's ability? I mean, not really I think. Would he be able to raise the potential of an astral projection? How about an intangible and incorporeal object? Ultimately, if he has the ability to raise the potential of a soul, or an incorporeal, or something very similar, then he'd be able to copy my specific stand.

Power Mimicry comes from his gaming like mechanics. If you paid some stuff in NPC in some RPG, you get spells. That's how his PM works in nutshell, like copying abilities from a book for a fictional currency he gets exclusive to his game.

Oh, so it's just his ability to learn stuff from spell books?

@Blah, how much time do we have for R&R this time?

It's still an incorporeal Andy, your stand or mine. You'd need at least soul manipulation to interact and alter their being, which includes raising potential.

Monarch Laciel said:
Oh, so it's just his ability to learn stuff from spell books?
@Blah, how much time do we have for R&R this time?
Well, I believe it is more than that. As long as the game recognizes the thing or person as NPC, he can learn their spells using currency.

Well, I would said his job as a priest would require him to have that then. If not, there're many chance I could have learn it from the trip, like from the skillbook or from the Demon, or from you to be able to touch Stand and Wisdom to be able to talk to soul.

Noble Phantasms aren't normally alterable due to having been set in the past, but in Grand Caster's case his Noble Phantasms are just spells so it's probably fine.

Yes it's a bit of a mess, but no that's not why. They're new players and they joined, so blah had them choose 3 souls. As of now we've all got our third soul, he's just updating it.

I'm waiting to update the profiles until the more active people have told me their third life. Digging through that giant wall of text to edit is annoying, so I wanna wait until I know Prof's, Dargoo's, and probably Smashor's before I edit them. I also plan to remove the ones that still have ??? In their second soul, as well as Kiryu's from the OP, though I'll save them in case they come back.

@Prof, again, thanks. I've always been bad at writing conclusions to things, so I was worried that wouldn't go well. How would you (or anyone else) have handled it btw, I wanna know as a reference for future writing.

Edit: also, are you going with Dio next?

Well, for me, I would have actually split the thread into different group for long-winded thread, like long battle or mission, so that we don't easily get confused. As for the writing itself, I already accept it as a cheap shounen adventure type, so it's not a problem for me, but perhap you should let player have a chance to dive abit deep into the lore. Right now we literally have no idea as what the Supreme Dankness is, only that he's dangerous and that we need a magic Win button.

Here's a list of what will now be the limitations to Andy's power mimicry:

1. He can copy an ability, but has to learn its functionality. Anything that requires knowledge/understanding to achieve he can't copy until he has a way to reach that knowledge/finesse and he's trained with the ability. So for instance, he can copy the ability to see and control Rukh, but not the functionality of manipulating them into a Borg.

2. It has to be the ability of a living being, so no abilities copied from weapons or armor. I'm uncertain about spirits and the like though.

3. It has to be something that the original power copier (past life) could interact with. For instance even if you have the ability to punch a stand that wouldn't mean your ball of potential boosting and power copying energy would be able to interact with it.

4. Abilities based on the personality, soul, etc of the user cannot be copied, but the ability to use your own can. So you can't copy the "nothing can touch me" Briah, Killer Queen, Messiah, the universe arcana, etc, but you can copy the trait of possessing a stand, or the ability of being able to access your Briah.

5. You cannot copy any physical/mental stats. You weren't doing this anyway for the most part, but remember that this also includes the amount of magic you can control, and the skill with which you control it. It also includes things like knowledge of an ability and mental fortitude to withstand any drawbacks.

6. You can get around the limitation of part 1 to an extent by learning through observation, but any process too complex or with a knowledge/wisdom base too high would be out. For instance, no matter what you can't copy Griffin's space/matter/causality magic with your current souls. This is because it comes from Griffin's deep understanding of relativistic, quantum, and theoretical physics and chemistry mixed with the stupidly high knowledge base of magic granted by Aladdin and Merlin.

7. You can not copy multiple physiological abilities if they contrast. You wouldn't be able to copy greater demon physiology from a Fraudrin to get 7 hearts that all have to be destroyed to kill you, and then afterwards copy conduit physiology that grows over time. One would overwrite the other because they're based on altering the way your body functions from the norm.

8. All weaknesses of the ability are copied, except for ones that the ability itself evolved to eliminate. If it's a weakness the user overcame mentally or with another ability then you will experience it in full. If it's something the user was fine with, but would be considered a weakness for you, you will get this as a weakness (like having a hundred thousand souls constantly screaming inside you instantly destroying your mind (just an example, you don't have this)).

9.If the ability takes preparation or takes a large stock of something to use, you still need those, the items stocked up or finished preparations are not copied. So that means you don't get any of the souls Psycho has stocked up.

10. You do not know of any weaknesses or costs in an ability by default, though you can certainly learn of them through others and through "observe", if they're the kind of thing observe would tell you.

Now for the Briah, I don't know Masadaverse well, and you know your characters better than I do, so you and Monarch (cause he's our closest thing to an expert) might have to alter these to better fit Masadaverse lore or your characters' personalities:

Since Andy's characters can act independently, and have slightly differing souls, they should have similar but slightly different Briah. The Briah would have to be based around their wish to be able to constantly grow stronger, because that's how you've built up your character. If Tsurubami uses it "I want to get stronger to be the strongest" would make the most sense based on how you've presented her so far. Her abilities would bypass baseline hax resistance, and her magic power would increase over time. For Jee-Han "I want to get stronger to stay alive and protect" would make the most sense based on how he typically acts in canon. His durability would increase over time, and he could apply barriers around allies with that same durability. For Greg "I want to get stronger so these masochistic/sadistic (is there really a difference when they're the same people?) workaholics will stop bothering me" would make the most sense based on how he's been presented so far. The Jee-Han and Tsurubami personalities temporarily get replaced with Greg's, allowing him some peace. Greg's body becomes non-corporeal, while the other two fight on his behalf, becoming stronger in all stats over time (though since it's all stats it's a slower rate compared to the other two's stat growths in Briah).

This is my interpretation of how your Briah would act, obviously it's not absolute.

TBH, I wouldn't said they're slightly different. Tsurubami just want to used this chance to run a new hobby, Greg want to escape from all of this but can't, so he have to strap up to this, Han Jee-Han have to get stronger out of nessecity, and Homura is kinda like Shirou in a way.

Still think about the Briah though. Give me some times.

Spider Kaiju said:
So for my third past life, I'm interested in Kratos, from God of War.
but that would ruin the "Elder Mage" theme of the other 2 character, why not another Elder Mage character ?

I could either tapped it from the Great Flow, or from the mountain of loot I still have that could be transformed. Beside, my Gamer's Body ability actually unified different energy source into one Mana's bar, so I could subsitute it with just "Mana".

DragonEmperor23 said:
he would have the souls that Schreiber did before he was g0tten by the darkness
Psycho has all those souls since they were trapped inside his, but Andy isn't just able to produce a a hundred thousand souls out of nowhere.

@Andy, I don't think you can substitute mana for souls, for you souls would be treated as an item, and the more you have the longer you can use Briah.

Also, I forgot to answer this earlier, but in game you have 12 hours for R&R&T.

Blahblah9755 said:
DragonEmperor23 said:
he would have the souls that Schreiber did before he was g0tten by the darkness
Psycho has all those souls since they were trapped inside his, but Andy isn't just able to produce a a hundred thousand souls out of nowhere.
@Andy, I don't think you can substitute mana for souls, for you souls would be treated as an item, and the more you have the longer you can use Briah.

Also, I forgot to answer this earlier, but in game you have 12 hours for R&R&T.
Well from the looks of it to gain souls you have to kill and eat peoples souls.

Andykhang said:
I could either tapped it from the Great Flow
You realise that's like going to heaven and killing everyone there right?

That would be a truly horrible thing for you to do.

Blahblah9755 said:
I'm waiting to update the profiles until the more active people have told me their third life. Digging through that giant wall of text to edit is annoying, so I wanna wait until I know Prof's, Dargoo's, and probably Smashor's before I edit them. I also plan to remove the ones that still have ??? In their second soul, as well as Kiryu's from the OP, though I'll save them in case they come back.
@Prof, again, thanks. I've always been bad at writing conclusions to things, so I was worried that wouldn't go well. How would you (or anyone else) have handled it btw, I wanna know as a reference for future writing.

Edit: also, are you going with Dio next?
I'm glad your not defensive and open to criticism, so kudos. You foreshadowed that the dog was going to be important a couple times in the past, I was half-expecting him to being the key necessary in order to defeat chaos. Knowing this, I would have made our attempt on Chaos slightly less successful, maybe make him come back soon after in some shape or form, this time harder to manage and deal with. But, because our team and our souls have not only been united, but in sync as well, this could have been a trigger for the master to regain his former power, unable to access it due to to the nature of polymorphing a being. Returning to his former glory, it would have been cool to see him demonstrate his power, and show us why he is important to the mission, while also developing personality for himself, creating an All-Might like situation.

Building off what you've done, perhaps it is time to build some personality for Kuro, Kura and the master? Right now, in my imagination, they're bland Nier-Automata esque characters with superpowers. I'd personally put the masters power to an insane almost unreasonable extent (just plain reality-warping is copping out >:O), but have it drawn and pulled back a little with a limitation. Perhaps he's weakened from a previous encounter with the Supreme Darkness? (Again, taking from All Might) Maybe he's mostly dead, princess bride esque, and every time he uses it he dies further, and gets weaker as a result. Either way, all up to you.

Yes I am going with DIO, I hope a 9 second time stop isn't a problem. (Insert me being able to one-shot most, if not all other player characters without them even knowing what happened while screaming MUDA)

Yeah with a time stop you could kill me but youd have to use that meet your parallel self ersure thing(because of low-god regn)

Wait would the D4C merging attack be considered a conceptual attack?

[See the thing is, you're baiting them with that. Esdeath's ability in particular shouldn't even be counted considering you can resist it by resisting cold. It's not a good example of a proper time stop or a spatial stop. The other thing is that unlike most time stops who it is argued "stop space as a byproduct of stopping time", I'm explicitly locking down both, and I'm doing them as separate effects, not byproducts of each other. We would not say that someone who resists time-stop can resist Caster's spatial lock]

Back