• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reincarnation Wars Meta and Registration Thread 2

Well

He puts an adjective on something.

That thing now has that adjective applied to them.

He can add any adjective to anything, from range.

That includes concepts like "loyal", "enchanted", "dead", "unconscious", "immobile", "powerless", etc. to enemies, and adjectives like "invincible", "immortal", "super-fast" (yeh, the hyphen is legit), "omniscient", etc to himself.

It's broken.

Eh, nothing that's a montage can't fix. Speaking of which, I'm going to write a long backstory for my 3rd soul, so not be back for awhile

Blahblah9755 said:
Yep. That's actually the main focus of Monarch's character.
To be fair

All my "combining" is just working out the principles of other abilities and applying their commands to the Ruhk. Creating and improving spells based on discoving some new principle and formula to the laws of reality is something Magi sorcerers can do.

I don't know if Beast and Askin are capable of that.

Goetia, as Grand Caster, probably is capable of creating and combining magics though.

tl;dr If one of your characters is capable of combining abilities in some way go ahead, if all your characters just have specific and individual powers, combining them doesn't work.

PsychoWarper said:
Thought it went well with the immortal psycho(Ironic) thing I got going
No it is not. That is not at all what irony is. I believe the coincidence you described would be best classified as "completely expected".

Blahblah9755 said:
No it is not. That is not at all what irony is. I believe the coincidence you described would be best classified as "completely expected".
SAO Abridged is best

Okay now that we've had a major fight I'd like to give some more feedback.

First off, this fight was definitely way better than the last Gilgamesh fight. More fighting, less OP, but overall more interaction in general, which is a definite plus. For the most part I was only focused on the shadow chaos, so I can only really speak on that, but finally, we eventually worked as a team and got a win (even if I had to take control and command it :p)

The shadow chaos/four armed chaos thing was really confusing, I had two people tell me seperate things. I didn't know which chaos was who. Not sure but I think blah even told me something contrary to what he previously wrote. Anyways, it was really hard to specify who I was fighting, and where that person was. Furthermore, the idea of having two characters started out as a good idea, and it does seperate the group so we can't all mega-burst him, but in changing half of the groups location it really made it messy, and I recall having to go back and forth several times just to make sure that Griffon was with me, or that the toon wasn't talking about the chaos I was fighting. Not a terrible idea, but not the best execution.

A lot of where I start to have problems was the conclusion to the fight. The master was there all along? Cool, funny little idea having him be the dog and all, but I really did not like the Mr. Monologue that immediately followed after, followed by more mass-teleporting back to the same shitty homebase, only for him to just... give us our third soul? I don't have an issue with him giving it to us, but it just feels like a handout, from the way it was done. And that's it? Monologue, here's your third soul, lets go home? It feels dry, like it's missing something. Maybe I wanted to jump right back into more action without going to home base, maybe I wanted a more conclusive ending and purpose behind who and what Chaos was.

I also don't understand the NLF with Realm's healing. Salvation doesn't fully heal you regardless of what damage you are, that's only in-game. In reality, it should either scale off how much it fully healed a damage character (like if a character is missing a limb or has damage to that extent, and they can be fully healed by Salvation, then Salvation provides a Low-Mid instant-regen heal) or scale to his own Regenerationn (Low-Mid). I'm glad Monarch was able to recognize this to a degree when he flat out said it should not be enough to fully heal the damage he has, so kudos to that.

All in all, fight was good, transition out of fight is bland, played out, and stale, with unoriginal exposition. I'd rate the entire thing a 7/10, an improvement over the previous 6/10 Gilgamesh fight.

Reinhardthrowhisspear said:
What if I combine Askin and Beast's ability using Goetia's power?
It's not "combine Askin and Beast using Goetia". Goetia doesn't have the special power to "combine" abilities. What he can do is, because he is the Grand Caster, a genius of magic, he can develop new spells based around Beast and Askin's abilities or their combination.

However, it is still developing them. He can't just use some new spell based on their powers out of no where. You can't just skip to the end product.

It's entirely possible to "combine powers" as in use them at the same time or in a combination attack, but doing something like "my first soul can throw a fireball, and my second soul has an ability that cuts through space, so now my fireballs all destroy space" wouldn't work unless you were some genius of magic.

@Andykang does Han Jee Han actually know how to create time dilation barriers, or can he just do it because he got a skill that lets him do it?

Well as someone who fought the four armed one I did like the fight as it took us all to take him down and that it wasn't just me and overlord doing everything(as neither of us could hurt him in the beginning of the fight) though the teleport back was a bit out of now where but overall it was pretty good but it was a bit confusing.

Well, he having a skill and he learning it is basically the same though. Once he have it, he know how it work.

Thank god the limits to the power copy are finally coming up.

I don't think he should be able to copy anything beyond his own power, which knocks out anything above 7-B

Well if he just copys ever power he should in theory be able to take on ever boss solo as he has all our powers (like the speed thing in the last fight if you just get everyones powers than he should have been able to dodge chaos with ease with blanes MFTL+ speed)

Also what qulifies as 7B for like regn and immortality, does he have my low god regn or your(monarch) type 5 immortality

Well, copying seems more like hax. Hax functions independant of tier, so I don't think it should knock out everything above his own strength, because that's his explicit hax, to copy your power.

That's like saying Ditto can't transform into anything stronger than himself, which is untrue.

Back