• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spinoirr

He/Him
Reid Astrea vs Asuka (speed is = and both are 7-A and same rules as here)

Reid Astrea:

Asuka:

Icon:

latest
latest

Asuka has a massive range advantage to start with.
Reid has his ability to seemingly cut through anything, but I think the AT fields can relativate that a lot considering they are nearly as thick as Reid's entire range....

Good thing this is here

"the air room is limited to 50 meters in height max." Also it takes place in a abandon Central Park

Good thing this is here

"the air room is limited to 50 meters in height max." Also it takes place in a abandon Central Park
Eva 02 is more than 50 meters tall, so how does that even work? Is Asuka forced to crawl during the entire battle or something?
Or what do you mean with "air room"?

Reid predicts everything they throw at them, dodging it all, and closes the distance before slashing a few times and winning the match.

Really doubt the forcefields will do much once he gets close. Also, can they even really attack from that close up at someone so small in comparison?

Once he starts slashing at their feet/legs they'd fall over and from there it'd be quite a breeze I feel.

Last edited:
Would he even be able to dodge? How big are the Eva’s attacks and how many does she fire at once? Phoenks asserts that he dodges and cuts but you cannot just assert that without taking the EVA’s kit into the equation.

Depends.

From 4 kilometers a way I think so. If the attacks are huge then possibly not?

He can see trajectory like Theresia though, so hmm.

Eva 02 is more than 50 meters tall, so how does that even work? Is Asuka forced to crawl during the entire battle or something?
Or what do you mean with "air room"?
All fights will take place in a fully sealed off Central Park without any form of life outside of the participants. With sealed off i mean that no participant can leave the park and that the air room is limited to 50 meters in height max. (To prevent stomps via fleight without taking away the ability to fly)

Why not make it 50 meters above the tallest contestant, to avoid problems with large sized characters like 02

If the ceiling is a literal ceiling, it serves no value here.

They are around 70 something meters tall, and can jump many times their height. This would just be limiting its mobility, since neither can fly.

AP Values:
112.49 megatons (Asuka)
Try as I might, I can’t at all find a Calc for Astrea. They scale to Reinhard, who is superior to Sekhmet, who is 7-A for killing multiple 7-Bs with Human-Level Durability in a second. So... no clue, sorry.

Now, as I know nothing about these characters, I’ll sit out for now. Adios.

If there's no value, just assume baseline. Or scaling above baseline if there's a scaling chain.

Doesn't matter much though, since it seems he disregards dura.

Scales an unknown amount above baseline through being far superior to multiple people who are City level+. And a higher amount above baseline with Reid. (This is being changed later btw... So if that's a problem then I guess they shouldn't be here)

Doesn't matter either way. As he said, Reid ignores dura.

Does anyone know a good showing of Eva 02's A.T. Fields? I wanna figure out how thick they are exactly.

I think they'll just be the same as every EVA Unit, since I don't remember the A.T. Fields being that much different between them.

Does anyone know a good showing of Eva 02's A.T. Fields? I wanna figure out how thick they are exactly.
If you mean durability wise, they're above their physical dura by a significant amount. Though exactly how high, is unspecified.

What does Reid lead with anyway?
Since EVA isn't fodder to him, he'll be able to draw Reid (His sword). And he's a swordsman primarily, so... He'll start by 1; closing the distance, and 2; slashing at 02

Iirc he doesn't have to have his sword hit the target directly to do damage. He should be like Reinhard where he can just slice in their general direction from a few meters away.

He ignores durability because he can cut through basically anything, likely even through EVA-02's attacks, but I'm not sure.

Durability Negation isn’t on his profile. His ability to ‘cut through anything’ is listed as NPI, because otherwise, it’d either be a massive NLF or give everyone he’s ever fought Resistance to Durability Negation, which they also likely don’t have.

Reid is a bit of a weird case, the Reid in arc 6 is in his prime and hasn't yet fought Satella, thus doesn't have The Dragon Sword. He basically uses chopsticks to fight, cause doesn't matter if it's chopsticks or a sword, he can use it to cut anything, though he clearly is stronger with a sword. He does have energy blasts like Reinhard, but assuming it has that kind of range, isn't founded hence his range is tens of meters instead of kilometers like Reinhard's.

If someone is using an ability to defend themselves or attack he will try to cut it ie when Subaru was connected to his friends taking damage for them, he instantly noticed and cut that connection or when Beatrice tried a black hole on him, he cuts it cause to him cutting dimensions is no different than slashing air.

Guess I might go with Reid for better combat skill and because Asuka can't use her full height. I don't think he can do major damage given Asuka's size, but it will add up. Reid might also get the idea to plug or something, assuming he somehow manages to get up there.

Ok then i guess.

Forgot if Reinhard was in this, but he got more op too, now he can cut space, and in addition to the precog and instinctive reaction ie dodging stuff he isn't aware of and knowing all attacks in advance, once he has seen an attack once, next time he responds with vastly greater speed so it doesn't work on him.

In the end it is up to spinoirr, I can see concept hax being too much though, I also can see it getting by.

Was this supposed to be a hax tournament? Cause Reid got more broken, now he can straight up cut concepts.
Nah it's a no high haxed character tourney.
Which kinda concepts does he cut, though? The scan on his profile just says can cut concepts, which could range from changing reality to not even concept manip by our standards...

(Speaking of that can y’all please just vote on the last round, that has been up for what feels like weeks with only two FRA’s needed.)

Back