• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reid Astrea vs Lee Geon (3-0-4)

I don't think he really will be able to think given the fear is so intense Subaru might've died had he not been snapped out of it by Emilia. It seems like he'll just be overwhelmed by the fear.

Fact of the matter is that neither supernatural willpower nor fear hax resistence stopped Subaru from being totally overwhelmed mentally and physically. I don't think Geon will be able to fight it any better at all.

And Gun throwing up is gonna stop him from moving or something...? Like, he's already been stabbed through his lungs, coughed up blood, then moved anyway.

I'm not saying he won't be effected but like how do the effects, in retrospect, hinder him? Make him feel weak? Make him not breath?? Make him puke? Like, be real. You think puking is gonna make him stop fighting?
Yes. If he falls to his knees instinctively like Subaru and starts throwing up with his mind overwhelmed with fear, it's basically a temporary incap.

So yeah, I don't think he's gonna be fighting within the time it takes Reid to cut one time.

I don't think he really will be able to think given the fear is so intense Subaru might've died had he not been snapped out of it by Emilia. It seems like he'll just be overwhelmed by the fear.

Fact of the matter is that neither supernatural willpower nor fear hax resistence stopped Subaru from being totally overwhelmed mentally and physically. I don't think Geon will be able to fight it any better at all.
And I'm saying that Gun has fought in situations where logically he should have died.

I think fear manipulation is wanked as **** here. You can make someone feel fear yeah but if it's on a guy who treats feeling weak in the knees or having his heart nearly stop like a normal Tuesday, it doesn't matter.

And I'm saying that Gun has fought in situations where logically he should have died.

I think fear manipulation is wanked as **** here. You can make someone feel fear yeah but if it's on a guy who treats feeling weak in the knees or having his heart nearly stop like a normal Tuesday, it doesn't matter.
As though Subaru hasn't been through like every single method of pain and torture before...

Yes. If he falls to his knees instinctively like Subaru and starts throwing up with his mind overwhelmed with fear, it's basically a temporary incap.

So yeah, I don't think he's gonna be fighting within the time it takes Reid to cut one time.
And I disagree with you.
As though Subaru hasn't been through like every single method of pain and torture before...
The feats you bring up for Subaru's willpower are not comparable to Lee. Like, at ALL.

Also, apparently the alternative timelines where Subaru does a million times aren't even canon to the main timeline? Or is Shion simply saying shit to say shit

And I disagree with you.

The feats you bring up for Subaru's willpower are not comparable to Lee. Like, at ALL.

Also, apparently the alternative timelines where Subaru does a million times aren't even canon to the main timeline? Or is Shion simply saying shit to say shit
Disagreeing with layered fear hax overcoming willpower which has not resisted fear hax explicitly before?

I feel like you're the one wanking here, ironically.

Also, I disagree that what you brought up for Lee is worse.

Being burned alive is a far greater pain that having organs destroyed or anything of the such.

As is being eaten alive, having your blood boiled, being frozen, etc.

Subaru has fought through having his bones shattered and organs ruptured plenty of times before the same way.

Natsuki "Burned alive, beheaded, eaten alive, slowly frozen and shattered, literally filled with fear to the point of a fear-induced heart attack, blown up hundreds of times in countless 10-second loops, bled to death from a curse" Subaru.

Just dying itself, losing life, the soul being destroyed, is usually enough to break a person.

Disagreeing with layered fear hax overcoming willpower which has not resisted fear hax explicitly before?
I already changed my perspective on that. Gun obviously gets effected, but the effects presented are not sufficient to make him stop fighting. You yourself in fact said it'd only be a TEMPORARY incapicitation, so we are seemingly in agreement here.

I feel like you're the one wanking here, ironically.
Feel free to feel that. 😌
Being burned alive is a far greater pain that having organs destroyed or anything of the such.
For 20 YEARS STRAIGHT without rest? Lmao.
As is being eaten alive, having your blood boiled, being frozen, etc.
I'm really starting to think you don't know how pain even works.

Having to fight for 20 years straight without rest while having your insides CONSTANTLY (literally constantly, simply using his abilities does this to him) destroyed, is a far superior feat than anything here.

I already changed my perspective on that. Gun obviously gets effected, but the effects presented are not sufficient to make him stop fighting. You yourself in fact said it'd only be a TEMPORARY incapicitation, so we are seemingly in agreement here.

Feel free to feel that. 😌

For 20 YEARS STRAIGHT without rest? Lmao.

I'm really starting to think you don't know how pain even works.

Having to fight for 20 years straight without rest while having your insides CONSTANTLY (literally constantly, simply using his abilities does this to him) destroyed, is a far superior feat than anything here.
It isn't. Continuous pain is bad and all but if it's not NEARLY as severe as anything Subaru has felt and willpowered through before then it simply isn't a better feat of willpower.

It isn't. Continuous pain is bad and all but if it's not NEARLY as severe as anything Subaru has felt and willpowered through before then it simply isn't a better feat of willpower.
Dismissing my argument isn't exactly the same as countering it.

Scientifically, getting burned alive is one of the worse pains out there, but scientifically getting your organs destroyed and your body rapidly aged (Gun has the body of a 70 year old despite the fact he's like 20) and weakened is objectively superior to getting burned alive over the span of a few minutes.

You say this as if Subaru wasn't literally trapped in 1 minute loop on the gladiator island for years being killed over and over again, which is supposedly far worse than the actual feeling of being burned alive or eaten alive bit by bit by rabbits. All of this while being a literal ten year old child. You cannot seriously be suggesting this is comparable?

You say this as if Subaru wasn't literally trapped in 1 minute loop on the gladiator island for years being killed over and over again, which is supposedly far worse than the actual feeling of being burned alive or eaten alive bit by bit by rabbits. All of this while being a literal ten year old child. You cannot seriously be suggesting this is comparable?
I have literally 0 idea what you just said or what this means. Can I see some scans or like... not even scans just extra context, because I have literally no idea what the **** a gladiator island is.

I have literally 0 idea what you just said or what this means. Can I see some scans or like... not even scans just extra context, because I have literally no idea what the **** a gladiator island is.
He basically just had to fight a giant manticore like beast that killed him over and over.

Question since the guy keeps dying his pain is reset and his body is reset wouldnt that make Lee doing these feats with resurrection/reset with no rest more impressive

I changed my mind because the paralysis is a viable wincon plus Lees will power seems a bit better, Lee FRA

Now I am unfollowing

Literally just an argument of "Well my character has suffered more than yours!"
my-pain-naruto.gif

The very experience of death is viewed as worse than any physical pain before it in ReZero.
I'm aware of that, I just don't think any physical pain shown before it is comparable to Lee's feats.

Anyways, I gotta go to a family gathering, so I'm outta here. My vote is still incon.

Shion I don't think I can count your vote as you've made it very clear you're being spiteful at this point.

I changed my mind because the paralysis is a viable wincon plus Lees will power seems a bit better, Lee FRA

Now I am unfollowing

Also I just want to add that fear inducing aura is an active ability in ReZero. It has a passive affect as well but that's nothing compared to when a character is actively trying to flare it up. They can also conceal it as well in which case it would have no effect.

Reid likes to toy with weaker opponents so there's no reason why he would have kept his aura activated the whole time. There's no way for characters to simply get used to overpowering aura in ReZero.

Can the OP update the OP so we can all agree that reid is OP
i have read somewhere that Subarus mental age in the greed if was 27 billion years...so yeah 20 years of pain dont even come close
Suffaru fra

Yeah it doesn't really matter because even if theoretically he did have more willpower than Subaru, it still wouldn't prevent layered fear hax from incapacitating him in fear.

Even if you argue it's only for an instant, that's an instant that Reid has to cut. Which is the reason people are voting Reid.

Idk, it's like, even if you give Geon a bunch of benefits of the doubt, Reid still just has the better kit and overall better win condition.

I would probably vote him personally, but I think incon is valid as well because of the 4-A AP and thought-based attack.

Back