• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regidrago vs Regirock

Remember that with helpers the match can't be added to the profiles, and I think Regice's presence makes the match unbalanced, as its attacks are supereffective against Regidrago's, while while all the other three don't have that many type advantage over each other.

Chad Pyramid King puts them both in their place
Regidrago should take this via having a better boosting move in dragon dance and a super effective move in hammer arm.
Edit: remove the helpers

Remember that with helpers the match can't be added to the profiles, and I think Regice's presence makes the match unbalanced, as its attacks are supereffective against Regidrago's, while while all the other three don't have that many type advantage over each other.
Whoop's, I was thinking about Regice and Regieleki while making this Vs thread.

Ok, now I'll give a real argument.

I assume the first thing Regidrago would do is using Dragon Energy, as it is more effective at full HP, while Regirock can either try to block or avoid, possibly with dig.
Another point is that Regidrago floats/flies, making it harder for Regirock to hit, and forcing it to use ranged moves or spend time using lock on.

In terms and status effects, Regidrago has the edge, with a wider array of attacks with those properties (dragon breath, body slam and the two fangs), against the less precise zap cannon (that would require lock on).

For stat boosts and such, they are somewhat even in terms of numbers, Regirock may have an advantage thanks to clear body, but stuff like curse also lowers its speed.

Something that turns the tables a bit is Regidrago's arsenal of supportive stuff, like screens, substitute and the useful rest + sleep talk.

Overall, I think Regidrago's takes this more times than not.

I assume the first thing Regidrago would do is using Dragon Energy, as it is more effective at full HP, while Regirock can either try to block or avoid, possibly with dig.
Another point is that Regidrago floats/flies, making it harder for Regirock to hit, and forcing it to use ranged moves or spend time using lock on.

In terms and status effects, Regidrago has the edge, with a wider array of attacks with those properties (dragon breath, body slam and the two fangs), against the less precise zap cannon (that would require lock on).

For stat boosts and such, they are somewhat even in terms of numbers, Regirock may have an advantage thanks to clear body, but stuff like curse also lowers its speed.

Something that turns the tables a bit is Regidrago's arsenal of supportive stuff, like screens, substitute and the useful rest + sleep talk.

Counted

I honestly find myself disagreeing with the current analysis.

This argument relies on the assumption that both Pokemon present have access to HM/TM moves, because otherwise Regidrago would not have access to Body Slam, Fire or Thunder Fang, or the support tools such as Rest, Screens, Substitute, and Sleep Talk. We consider these outside help and, even if we didn't, I don't believe these things would actually matter:

I'll start by explaining that granting TMs you have also granted Regirock the same Rest, Sleep Talk, Substitute combination, but you have also granted it a super-effective technique in the form of Ice Punch and another great offensive tool in Drain Punch, this matters because Regirock prefers physical attacks compared to the even spread Regidrago has.

You have also put the ball in Regirock's court this way because you've granted it Sandstorm, which will not only harm the Dragon-type over time because it lacks the favorable typing, but it will boost the Rock-type's Special Defenses by %50; a Pokemon like Regidrago relies on both its precious health and Special Offence because it has no way to boost Dragon Energy, which will be getting weakened throughout the battle because the only boost it has is in Dragon Dance which will only boost physical moves.

But now allow me to get into the main part of my argument, which will rely on level up moves only:

Regirock is a defensive Pokemon with a base 200 in Defense but 100 in Special Defense, why does this matter? Regidrago's moves are primarily offensive, including its super-effective move in Hammer Arm, this is why it comes prepared with Dragon Dance. This means that its primary method of attack is countered by the much superior defenses and its most powerful move Dragon Energy isn't supported by the majority of its kit.

Contrary to this, Regidrago is a glass cannon, its defenses are much smaller by comparison to its offense, both sitting at a base of 50. This means the Regirock is going to be considerably more effective with its offense (Both of them have an Attack stat of 100) which is the majority of its kit as well.

It begins to fall apart for Regidrago because it lacks a method of actually boosting its defenses, while it has Dragon Dance to boost Speed and Attack, Regirock comes prepared with Curse to increase its own Attack while also increasing Defense, just at the cost of Speed. Alternatively it also has Iron Defense, which will still keep it ahead of Regidrago's boosts because it increases defenses twice per use instead of once like Dragon Dance.

You could say both have Ancient Power to provide stat boosts across the board, but that is Regirock's typing, meaning it is still more effective with the move regardless. The same could also be said for Explosion, because not only is Regirock naturally more equipped to survive an Explosion from the Dragon-type, it also resists it by virtue of being a Rock-type, meaning that even that will be much, much more devastating in the use of Regirock.

If we assume both parties are fighting each other optimally, you could assume Regidrago goes for either Hammer Arm or Dragon Energy to start which will hurt, sure, but Regirock comes equipped with Zap Cannon for a guaranteed paralysis. which will be much more crippling as it will result in only one Regi fighting at full capacity whereas the other will have a hard time moving.

I believe Regirock wins this 7/10.

I honestly find myself disagreeing with the current analysis.

This argument relies on the assumption that both Pokemon present have access to HM/TM moves, because otherwise Regidrago would not have access to Body Slam, Fire or Thunder Fang, or the support tools such as Rest, Screens, Substitute, and Sleep Talk. We consider these outside help and, even if we didn't, I don't believe these things would actually matter:

I'll start by explaining that granting TMs you have also granted Regirock the same Rest, Sleep Talk, Substitute combination, but you have also granted it a super-effective technique in the form of Ice Punch and another great offensive tool in Drain Punch, this matters because Regirock prefers physical attacks compared to the even spread Regidrago has.

You have also put the ball in Regirock's court this way because you've granted it Sandstorm, which will not only harm the Dragon-type over time because it lacks the favorable typing, but it will boost the Rock-type's Special Defenses by %50; a Pokemon like Regidrago relies on both its precious health and Special Offence because it has no way to boost Dragon Energy, which will be getting weakened throughout the battle because the only boost it has is in Dragon Dance which will only boost physical moves.

But now allow me to get into the main part of my argument, which will rely on level up moves only:

Regirock is a defensive Pokemon with a base 200 in Defense but 100 in Special Defense, why does this matter? Regidrago's moves are primarily offensive, including its super-effective move in Hammer Arm, this is why it comes prepared with Dragon Dance. This means that its primary method of attack is countered by the much superior defenses and its most powerful move Dragon Energy isn't supported by the majority of its kit.

Contrary to this, Regidrago is a glass cannon, its defenses are much smaller by comparison to its offense, both sitting at a base of 50. This means the Regirock is going to be considerably more effective with its offense (Both of them have an Attack stat of 100) which is the majority of its kit as well.

It begins to fall apart for Regidrago because it lacks a method of actually boosting its defenses, while it has Dragon Dance to boost Speed and Attack, Regirock comes prepared with Curse to increase its own Attack while also increasing Defense, just at the cost of Speed. Alternatively it also has Iron Defense, which will still keep it ahead of Regidrago's boosts because it increases defenses twice per use instead of once like Dragon Dance.

You could say both have Ancient Power to provide stat boosts across the board, but that is Regirock's typing, meaning it is still more effective with the move regardless. The same could also be said for Explosion, because not only is Regirock naturally more equipped to survive an Explosion from the Dragon-type, it also resists it by virtue of being a Rock-type, meaning that even that will be much, much more devastating in the use of Regirock.

If we assume both parties are fighting each other optimally, you could assume Regidrago goes for either Hammer Arm or Dragon Energy to start which will hurt, sure, but Regirock comes equipped with Zap Cannon for a guaranteed paralysis. which will be much more crippling as it will result in only one Regi fighting at full capacity whereas the other will have a hard time moving.

I believe Regirock wins this 7/10.
Is that a Vote for Regirock?

That would be what I said, yes! :)

The Regirock Argument’s looking pretty solid to me, and no one has made any attempt to dispute it. So for now, I’ll take the side of our friendly neighborhood Rock Snowman.

Dwayne Johnson fra

Back