• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Upscaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the guideline will be "So long as the character is massively superior to a calced value that is 3/4th's higher than the baseline of the tier, they can upscale to the baseline of the next tier".

That could work.

EDIT: I mean, I'm obviously not happy with it since I think the concept of this kind of tier-based upscaling is nonsense in the first place, but it's better than randomly allowing values up to 1.5x away from the next tier.

This would also apply to upscaling to a + rating, right?
Depends how far we want to take it.

If somebody is massively superior to 1/4 value of a tier, do they get upscaled to 1/2 the tier?

If they're massively superior to 1/2 of a tier, do they get upscaled to 3/4 the tier?

Depends how far we want to take it.

If somebody is massively superior to 1/4 value of a tier, do they get upscaled to 1/2 the tier?

If they're massively superior to 1/2 of a tier, do they get upscaled to 3/4 the tier?
Honestly I could agree to that

So that would mean the benchmarks for a tier like 7-A would be as such

325 Megatons -> 550 Megatons -> 775 Megatons -> 1000 Megatons

So if you're far stronger than a calc above 325 Megatons, 550 Megatons, or 775 Megatons, then you can upscale to the next level of the chain

Yeah. Honestly since this is kinda important perhaps we could edit that into the Attack Potency page?

For the record, Massively superior implies one shotting correct? Not casual feats?
I think so. And not all kinds of one-shotting either, since even ordinary humans can "one-shot" each other with enough skill or luck or choice of weapon. Something that indicates an undeniable different level of power.

Well whether or not upscaling is valid and whether or not the gap of superiority is huge would be case by case to the verse

A question. If we are accepting my suggestion, what about scaling chains? For example, 3/4 of 1000 Megatons is 750, if a character is 700 Megatons, but it has a scaling chain like this

Character A > Character B > Character C = 700 Megatons (Keep in mind that ">" means stomp, one shot, statement of "massively superior" or anything that we are accepting that is enough to upscale)

A question. If we are accepting my suggestion, what about scaling chains? For example, 3/4 of 1000 Megatons is 750, if a character is 700 Megatons, but it has a scaling chain like this

Character A > Character B > Character C = 700 Megatons (Keep in mind that ">" means stomp, one shot, statement of "massively superior" or anything that we are accepting that is enough to upscale)
I would say that's fine, but it would need to be discussed in a CRT

A lot of upscaling is still case by case

This should still probably apply to situations involving calced values which would prevent drastic inflation through scaling chains.

I'd say we should find a limit for scaling chains, otherwise we'll get people becoming High 8-C from a 9-A+ feat, but I do think they're legitimate. Also, if a feat is very casual, I do think upscaling should at least be considered, depending on context.

I would appreciate input from more staff members regarding if our solution above is acceptable to apply.

If we do, we should edit in the minimum values that allow upscaling in our Attack Potency page.

It should be at the bottom of the page under a section of Upscaling Chart, then have all the values that allow upscaling
So basically in the Upscaling Chart section we write "For a character to qualify for upscaling to the next tier, the character's AP should be at least 3/4 that of the next immediate tier". Did I get it right?

So basically in the Upscaling Chart section we write "For a character to qualify for upscaling to the next tier, the character's AP should be at least 3/4 that of the next immediate tier". Did I get it right?
Yeah, but we have to include the "+" stuff as well, you basically need to find the mean average between the "+" and Baseline of the next tier, and that's the cut off mark for upscaling to a next tier

To upscale to the "+", you need to upscale above the mean average of the Baseline of the current tier and the "+"

I think it'd be a good idea to mark that specific value for every tier in our AP chart too, though.

Yeah, but we have to include the "+" stuff as well, you basically need to find the mean average between the "+" and Baseline of the next tier, and that's the cut off mark for upscaling to a next tier

To upscale to the "+", you need to upscale above the mean average of the Baseline of the current tier and the "+"
I mean, once you're 3/4 that of the next tier you're definitely gonna hit the + anyway so...

Remember, you get a + when you reach the average mean of the lowest bound of the tier+highest bound of the tier, and 3/4 of the tier is unarguably superior to the mean.

I think it'd be a good idea to mark that specific value for every tier in our AP chart too, though.
Yeah, laying out the value for the average arithmetic mean between the lowest and highest bounds of a tier would definitely be extremely helpful, as that's what we use to get the + rating.

I suppose that could be an idea, but it would take A LOT of work to accurately update our entire attack potency energy chart that way. Are any of you willing to perform this work?

You can gradually write a draft via a sandbox pag if you wish. You need to copy the source code from our current chart first though.

Funny you should say that, I made this a while ago for personal use. Indicates what SHOULD be the + section, though I'm not sure if it's actually right. Still, if it is it would be a good starting point.

Yes. Perhaps other members here are willing to help improve on it.

Just a tip. Google "3/4 of [Insert the number of the tier]" . 3/4 of 1000 for 7-A Tier. I'll help you guys in a bit

Just a tip. Google "3/4 of [Insert the number of the tier]" . 3/4 of 1000 for 7-A Tier. I'll help you guys in a bit
That's wrong, because 7-A doesn't start at 0 Megatons, 7-A starts at 100 Megatons

3/4 of 1000 would be counting for Low 7-B to the top of 7-A

I think that we settled on using "( (The lower border of the next tier - The upper border of the preceding tier) x 3/4 ) + The upper border of the preceding tier".

Google "3/4 of [Insert the number of the tier]" . 3/4 of 1000 for 7-A Tier.

That doesn't actually get you 3/4 of the tier.

3/4 of 1000 Megatons is 750 Megatons.

The actual midpoint of between halfway up 7-A and the baseline for High 7-A is 775.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back