• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Truth Seeking Balls and its users...

TSB misconception -> It only works on ninjutsu

Obviously thats completely wrong.

And its feats:

1.^TSB can attack on physical level nothing new.

TSB is the combination of spiritual and physical energy (Ying-Yang)

Once Edo tensei is released the Edo tensei's Soul is released from his body
Naruto-3407765

Minatos arms are hit by it twice:

Naruto-4318865
Naruto-4803135

His Spirit is also shown to have suffered from the damage of it :

Naruto-5173249

TSB could also be manifested within Narutos consciousness (Astral form)

Naruto-4861459

Ergo TSB bypasses durability and attacks on physical,spiritual and possibly/likely astral level.

But its definetly at least physical and spiritual at least.

Its users -> Kaguya,Madara,Toneri,Naruto,Hagoromo,Obito,Hamura should be updated accordingly.

Also regular war arc obito could repel someones consciousness out of his body by will .

He has resistance/immunity to mind hax of that sort let alone the So6.

So this is to say that the TSB can do more than just do damage or affect something beyond the physicaly level, yeah? Just asking.

It does make sense that the TSB has both physical and spritual chakra. And seeing that Minato's arms were still destroyed (never noticed when i first read it. Huh. Welp, his wife ain't going to be too happy when she see her husbands arms got destroyed from helping their son out in a war), i don't see why we can't apply it to their profiles.

Astral level? Hmm. Interesting yet Hagaromom merely had it with him. Don't mind the possibility of it being an astral level ability, but we can work with at least phyiscal and spiritual just to be safe. I don;t want to see questions from everybody asking if this is legit or not even though u hav a picture of it....

I'll just see wht the others think of this first.

CrossverseCrisis said:
It does make sense that the TSB has both physical and spritual chakra. And seeing that Minato's arms were still destroyed (never noticed when i first read it. Huh. Welp, his wife ain't going to be too happy when she see her husbands arms got destroyed from helping their son out in a war), i don't see why we can't apply it to their profiles.
Astral level? Hmm. Interesting yet Hagaromom merely had it with him. Don't mind the possibility of it being an astral level ability, but we can work with at least phyiscal and spiritual just to be safe. I don;t want to see questions from everybody asking if this is legit or not even though u hav a picture of it....

I'll just see wht the others think of this first.
Alright i can agree with you on that and yeah let's hear some opinions on this.

I'm good with spiritual erasure for TSB but what is the difference between spiritual and astral here?

Imagine Minato's pain when his backside gets itchy though.

I completely agree. I was going to make this thread but it probably would have been closed. Thanks for making this. Also they were capable of harming the limbo that existed in another universe or realm which I guess means they can bypass dimensional barriers or some sort.

I definitely agree on them being on the physical, spiritual, and astral level.

CrossverseCrisis said:
I think Astral is something that works on a mental level.
So it's the one where Hagoromo was in Naruto's mindscape?

It doesn't do anything so it maybe just for cosmetic effect because that's how Hagoromo rolls.

It wouldn't matter anyway seeing as Naruto doesn't enter other people's mindscape.

Physical and spiritual though, is a go for me.

I knew they weren't your usual technique. And I knew they're weren't your usual attack where it only attacks on a physical level while they don't affect the soul, and possibly, astral one bit.

Gemmysaur said:
CrossverseCrisis said:
I think Astral is something that works on a mental level.
So it's the one where Hagoromo was in Naruto's mindscape?
It doesn't do anything so it maybe just for cosmetic effect because that's how Hagoromo rolls.

It wouldn't matter anyway seeing as Naruto doesn't enter other people's mindscape.

Physical and spiritual though, is a go for me.
Yup, that's the one.

That's what i was thinking, hence why i prefer going with what Coleworld put.

Same. Don't recall Naruto having a mind entering technique, so this wouldn't mattered even if we accept the move as being an Astral thing...

The whole "it only works on ninjutsu" is wrong...

It only negates Ninjutsu base attacks, but it can still work and turn (erase) to dust anything it touches. (Except for users of Ying, Yang or Ying-Yang.)

It has two different abilities and therefore it's two different concepts.

It affecting the physical is a given (or why would the big bads use it to try to kill anyone? Kind of counterproductive) but isn't the reason why Minato's spritual manifestation was damaged because his body is tied to his soul due to a jutsu that the TSB's negate?

TheMightyRegulator said:
It affecting the physical is a given (or why would the big bads use it to try to kill anyone? Kind of counterproductive) but isn't the reason why Minato's spritual manifestation was damaged because his body is tied to his soul due to a jutsu that the TSB's negate?
Hmm. You have a point there, MR....

I saw the damage it did to Minato, even as a spirit when I saw the Truth-Seeking Ball directly hit him when I first saw this. Why wasn't this fact in their articles in the first place?

Ryuuzakiscorpio said:
The whole "it only works on ninjutsu" is wrong...

It only negates Ninjutsu base attacks, but it can still work and turn (erase) to dust anything it touches. (Except for users of Ying, Yang or Ying-Yang.)

It has two different abilities and therefore it's two different concepts.
I always found that funny because Kirin is considered a ninjutsu. There's really no chakra involved in the attack only when Sasuke needs to control it. Then there's other jutsu that reall don't have chakra involved like Multiple shuriken jutsu and Substitution jutsu, etc.

Also the atomization thing is something that is a misconception as the Boruto movie, storm 4, and manga depict them as something differently entirely. Like spatial, astral, spiritual,etc. I always saw them as negating things on spatial, astral, spiritual, and physical level.

I always found that funny because Kirin is considered a ninjutsu. There's really no chakra involved in the attack only when Sasuke needs to control it. Then there's other jutsu that reall don't have chakra involved like Multiple shuriken jutsu and Substitution jutsu, etc.

Also the atomization thing is something that is a misconception as the Boruto movie, storm 4, and manga depict them as something differently entirely. Like spatial, astral, spiritual,etc. I always saw them as negating things on spatial, astral, spiritual, and physical level.

That's also interesting but remember if the user even uses a bit of chakra it's already consider ninjutsu.(we all know that every attack on naruto uses some type of energy werever that be chakra, sage chakra, ying or yang or even if the element is manipulated the person still uses chakra.)

Look at it this way:

-Negates all types of Ninjutsu (Except for Ying, Yang, Ying-Yang and Sage Chakra)

-Everything else not ninjutsu related is instantly turn to dust,

Pretty Hax if you ask me.

About Minato wasn't he inside a empty body? You need a sacrificial body to use Edo Tensei.

Ryuuzakiscorpio said:
That's also interesting but remember if the user even uses a bit of chakra it's already consider ninjutsu.(we all know that every attack on naruto uses some type of energy werever that be chakra, sage chakra, ying or yang or even if the element is manipulated the person still uses chakra.)

Look at it this way:

-Negates all types of Ninjutsu (Except for Ying, Yang, Ying-Yang and Sage Chakra)

-Everything else not ninjutsu related is instantly turn to dust,

Pretty Hax if you ask me.

About Minato wasn't he inside a empty body? You need a sacrificial body to use Edo Tensei.
What do you mean except for "Yin, Yang, and Yin-Yang"? Are you saying the TSB can not negate Choji's clan size manipulation (Yang) or the Nara's clan shadow manipulation (Yin). There was no mention of the tsb being unable to negate Yin or Yang. The TSB utilize Yin-Yang which is just the Creation of All Things but in reverse. Instead of creation they are void and destruction. They can be both as shown with Kaguya dimension creation/destruction and Toneri's little cage creation feat. I recall Obito using the tsb to negate the damage done to his back by naruto sage rasengan.

The only thing the tsb cannot negate is senjutsu which Kishi never gave an explanation for. Even taijutsu can be negated via touch by the tsb. The only real reason Gai's taijutsu was effective was due him not having to fight in close range which allowed him to avoid contact with the orbs.

The tsb are not jinton. The only attack that turns things to dust is Jinton. Tsb are more like voids or All Fiction just more limited and less potent. Though I agree they are pretty hax.

So, let's make this quite unambiguous and understandable. The Truth-Seeking Balls do more than simply inflict physical damage, but genuine spiritual and even potentially or definitely astral damage. Essentially, this vastly powerful technique can make a huge difference.

Coleworld12 said:
TheMightyRegulator said:
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Summoning:_Impure_World_Reincarnatio
Nope
Er but that website said that the jutsu binds the soul to the body. It coukd be that when Minato was cut, the soul was unbounded in the process due to ability negation in that area, not necessarily damaging the soul itself. I don't know. It's a possibility.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Summoning:_Impure_World_Reincarnatio
Nope

Er but that website said that the jutsu binds the soul to the body. It coukd be that when Minato was cut, the soul was unbounded in the process due to ability negation in that area, not necessarily damaging the soul itself. I don't know. It's a possibility.

http://www.**********.com/naruto/591/16

^ Thought of that too but Madara disproved that his Edo tensei was completely released yet his soul could still manage to cliff on to the disintegrating body and somehow restore it.If the soul was truly completely binded by the mere Edo tensei body than one could not do that well..excluding Dan that is

Hm perhaps the damage to minato's soul only remains while he is on the physical plane? Then again he is the only spirit who has been damaged by the tsb. I know the third hokage was damaged but that was before obito was in control.of the juubi.

hmm i never really knew that so basically it can attack on different planes of existance neat

Man imagine if the tsb could damage obito while he was using kamui. That would make them physical, spiritual, (potentially) Astral and multi-dimensional lol.

Heatforce said:
Man imagine if the tsb could damage obito while he was using kamui. That would make them physical, spiritual, (potentially) Astral and multi-dimensional lol.
cool :D

Heatforce said:
Limbo are intangible yet TSBS could hurt them iirc.

I want to know something.

What kind of physical destruction does TSB cause?? Atomization?? Vapourization?? Pulvarization??

We see that everything TSB touches it disappears.How does TSB do it.Via what?? Atomization?? Vapourization?? Pulvarization??

Basilisk1995 said:
I want to know something.
What kind of physical destruction does TSB cause?? Atomization?? Vapourization?? Pulvarization??

We see that everything TSB touches it disappears.How does TSB do it.Via what?? Atomization?? Vapourization?? Pulvarization??
The official effect of TSBs are that they turn their target to dust, which is pretty much just disintegration on a molecular level.

Non-Bias said:
Heatforce said:
Limbo are intangible yet TSBS could hurt them iirc.
Nah not intangible. They were: invisible, near-impossible to perceive and pretty durable but could still receive damage.

I think what Heatforce is saying is that there are virtually impossible to perceive, and are also nearly impossible to easily damage. But they aren't literally intangible, otherwise, Naruto and Sasuke would be fighting what amounts to a ghost or a number of ghosts, and literally waste their moves on them.

Basilisk1995 said:
""disintegration on a molecular level.""
Sounds like vapourization.
It should be comparable to onoki's dust release because that's what it does but is more fluid and can apparently do beyond physical damage.

What do you mean except for "Yin, Yang, and Yin-Yang"? Are you saying the TSB can not negate Choji's clan size manipulation (Yang) or the Nara's clan shadow manipulation (Yin). There was no mention of the tsb being unable to negate Yin or Yang. The TSB utilize Yin-Yang which is just the Creation of All Things but in reverse. Instead of creation they are void and destruction. They can be both as shown with Kaguya dimension creation/destruction and Toneri's little cage creation feat. I recall Obito using the tsb to negate the damage done to his back by naruto sage rasengan.

The only thing the tsb cannot negate is senjutsu which Kishi never gave an explanation for. Even taijutsu can be negated via touch by the tsb. The only real reason Gai's taijutsu was effective was due him not having to fight in close range which allowed him to avoid contact with the orbs.

The tsb are not jinton. The only attack that turns things to dust is Jinton. Tsb are more like voids or All Fiction just more limited and less potent. Though I agree they are pretty hax.

Hagoromo give Naruto Yan Release and Yin Release to Sasuke, PURE complete energy tides. Those clans mix that energie with chakra, so the answer is obvious.

-Eating the Shinju Fruit
-Been the 10 tails jinjuricki -Having Hagoromo's Yin and Yan

This are three different stages of power.

The big problem with the TSB is this and this

Minato took a direct hit from 5 TSB without damage. Even with time to take off his hokage jacket...didn't even suffered apparent damage.

Obito was touched by his TSB and mostly of his right side was obliterated.

KamiYasha said:
The big problem with the TSB is this and thisMinato took a direct hit from 5 TSB without damage. Even with time to take off his hokage jacket...didn't suffered apparent damage.
Obito was touched by his TSB and mostly of his right side was obliterated.
Probably flared his chakra prior to the TSB touching his coat.

He only needs to have an object be in contact with his chakra to teleport it.

Tobirama did that as well right? When Obito shot at Naruto and Minato was raising his hand to catch it, Tobirama showed up, grabbed it, ported to Obito and said "this belongs to you" or something along those lines.

Also, for all we know (which we don't since the detail was too small), he could have had sage mode at the time, maybe.

Also, TSB's remain static once the force pushing on it ends, hence the part where it floats on top of his coat, methinks.

Back