• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding the existence of Composite human: Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so we've had one person saying FRA without explaining the reason (KGiffoni).

Ionliosite said he personally disagreed but never explained why he thought so.

Psychomaster35 gave a reason that had nothing to do with the actual reasons for deletion, so I don't think we can count him unless he gives a better reason.

Listentomyrhytm said he's voting neutral but didn't explain why.

So that's three votes less for the disagree, and one less for neutral in this second thread.

I really don't feel like going through the first thread right now.

Isn't the entire point of FRA so i don't have to ctrl c ctrl v what people before me, but with the same opinion, said? What's wrong with using it? wtf

It is fine when the thread has one main argument being used, but this thread is gigantic, and mas dozens of different rguments being thrown around, so using FRA without actuall saying what you're FRAing makes it impossible to know whether you're agreeing with an argument that was decided to be valid, or with an agument that ended up being invalid, which is very important to know in threads like this.

Oh lord, people would be even more pissed off if the justification for removal was "Well, more staff agreed to it compared to regular people."

that's the reasoning for every revision tho

ElixirBlue voted for him to stay just because he "thinks it's awesome", so we can't really count him either.

Iamunanimousinthat's reason was "I like to have fun", and that CH is "a love letter from the users to this site", so doesn't count either.

Yellowpig10 asked for an exception to be made because "aren't wikis like this entirely for having fun with debates", so out as well.

GojiBoyForever asked for it not to be deleted because "this idea is way to fun and creative and I refuse to see it die for no real reason".

The Wright Way's reason was "CH as an exception to those rules also make it fun".

LSirLancelotDuLacl's argument was to "keep him around for the sake of fun and popularity".

TriforcePower1's argument was "we're here to have fun" and "CH is interesting, popular, is used even in other VS debating websites".

So seven less votes for the disagreed side.

That's also not valid. If the page breaks the rules, it must be removed, that can't just be handwaved away because "it's not a big deal".

What side has the better argument is the most important thing. Vote only matter if both sides have equallly valid arguments, which is why invalid arguments do not count.

It was agreed by most that "it's fun" or "it's popular" are not valid reasons, so they get out. Asking the rule breaking to just be handwaved away is not even an argument, it's just asking for it to be ignored for no reason.

If you do think these arguments are valid, feel free to explain why you think so.

Like I said before, if that was the case, there wouldn't have a vote tally to begin with.

That means you want it to be an exception.

Which, from what I remember, Iamnouisat's reasoing was also that it is a good way to indicate the feats of humanity. So I feel like he should stay

The vote tally is only there in case the arguments end up in a stalemate with both sides being valid, but the vote count isn't even nearly as important as how valid the actual arguments behind it are. An invlid argument could have over a thousand votes, and it would still be invalid.

You wanting it completely is irrelevant unless you have a valid argument to back it up. You don't see people going on threads and voting based on "I want it to be like that", do you?

It is a good way to indicte feats for humanity, however, this can very easily be done by turning the page into a blog. There's no reason to keep a page that break the rules just because of that.

Yeah, I know, and I'm explaining why that argument shouldn't be counted, regardless of who made it. Anyone who thinks it should be counted, feel free to post a counter argument.

I defended keeping CH as a page. But, the only reason I wanted him to stay because I wanted him to stay as a representation of humanity and its best feats. I didn't want this serious scaling of something as important to, scaling, to be on either on a meme or fanfiction site.

However, I am relatively OK with a blog post detailing the feats of humanity instead of a composite page. May not be as fun without his insane win to loss ratio. But I feel like its true value of a proper scaling site for humanity can be relatively fufilled in a blog post detailing what good feats humanity has done.

Put me back as neutral

Alright.

If I'm not mistaken, both were at 15 (correct me if I'm wrong), so removing the seven "it's fun" arguments, and moving you to neutral, we get 7 for disagree and 15 for agree.

I think a good reason to maintain CH's profile is the enormous amount of information about the human species that it possesses, information that will not be found together anywhere else. Deleting/moving one of the best and well-documented profiles from this site will just be a waste.

CH's profile could be perfectly used as a good example of how to create and arrange a page, and we could use some of its information to support many other profiles, such as how we use real-life animals and weapons to scale fictional characters.

And let's be honest, putting this profile on a blog will only make it tremendously difficult, if not almost impossible, for new users to find it, let alone put it on another site. If Vsbattles is trully a place to collect information no matter if it is real or fictional, this page should stay here, not as an exception, but as a profile full of valuable information available to us and any other person who enters this site.

We can put it on one of the information blogs (we can replace one of the anime cosmology explanations because proper scaling for humanity is more useful for a scaling site), and we can also put it in a blog reference on the real world page

"A good example of how to create and arrange a page" is something that could still be done in a blog, and so is using it to scale to fictional characters. There are ways to make it easier to find, like linking it on The Real World page like I'm Blue suggested.

Yes, it is a place to collect information no matter if it is real or fictional, but CH is technically neither, he is a hypothetical idea. His feats are real, but the "character" itself isn't, which is why he fits most of the reason why the other Real Life Composites were deleted.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
We can put it on one of the information blogs (we can replace one of the anime cosmology explanations because proper scaling for humanity is more useful for a scaling site), and we can also put it in a blog reference on the real world page
That is a very good idea, that way it will not lose so much visibility for those who are newcomers and have no idea of the existence of this page.

So, wait, am I the only one who noticed how you claimed the majority of the thread agreed that fun wasn't an argument, whilst you simultaneously listed and discarded people who disagree with you? Just before, you claimed that most people agreed with the idea that it wasn't good enough to be "fun", and now not only are you disregarding reasons you subjectively view as worthless, one of them being "its harmless, we enjoy it, why not keep it?" In so many words, but you're also recognizing that the idea your claim that was so widely accepted was discarded by the opposition, which was winning before you decided to pull this trick of eliminating votes that "don't make sense", which isn't really as common practice as you think and is often a point of conflict, as deleting votes is not based on who makes an actual argument but whether you agree with them, as demonstrated here. Those comments are proof that it's in contention, and most of them are about it being fun. What the ****...

Like... Not only do you not understand that making an argument for a change is presenting an argument, which requires you to give a reason for it instead of simply arguing that it's the standard, you also seemed to lie and say no one cares about it being "fun". When most of the people who agree with the profile staying seem to agree that it is fun and that is a good enough reason to them. Ugh. You're bullshitting. There's no "good reason" to keep it in your mind because several of the reasons listed were as good if not better than the original one, even if they were also the exact same reasoning. Why pretend that you actually believe in allowing it to exist when your whole argument is based on your own subjective position, which is soured whether you like it or admit to it or not by the fact that you hate the page. It's absolutely ridiculous how people are letting you call the shots as if your position is the one that needs to be defeated when you're the one asking for change. No offense, obviously

And yet the numbers of people who disagreed with its deletion who said FRA or didn't state why are still not on your side, and provide no other argument besides "it's fun". What are you to conclude besides the fact that they think it's fun and feel like that's a good enough reason but can't think of one otherwise based on logic you would accept? Which goes against the idea that it's even the majority that agreed by definition. Because the belief is still held.

Critical thinking would help you deduce that still agreeing with the page staying FRA when most of the arguments were based on Fun or something related means that you agree with those arguments. This is dishonest, man.

Also, everyone else? Including all of the people who voted in favor? EVERYONE? Or even a majority? I'm sure many people popped in to vote and then left. You can't even verify your position...

"FRA" makes it impossible to tell what they're voting for, so we can't tell if its a valid reason or not. You say "most of the arguments" as if "it's fun" was the driving force, but there were dozens of arguments being thrown around for both sides, and "it's fun" only really started being used after the other arguments were debunked, and at that point most of the people had already voted, meaning that assuming their reasons to be "it's fun" would be mostly baseless, so the FRA votes really can't be counted. That's not only for the disagreeing side, both sides had its FRA removed, as it is impossible to check their justifications.

Also, calling me dishonest for removing the "FRA" when this did more damage to my side than to my opposition (since it took out 8 votes for my side, and only 6 for the other) really doesn't make that much sense, and even if it did make sense, it's an ad hominem nonetheless.

Amexim said:
Also, everyone else? Including all of the people who voted in favor? EVERYONE? Or even a majority? I'm sure many people popped in to vote and then left. You can't even verify your position...
... you do realize the "FRA" of those who agreed got removed as well, right? That's how it went down to only 15. It was in the 20s, and 8 got removed because of that. Not everyone is being included, those who just appeared and then left are not being taken into consideration.

Lol if one side is deciding what is valid or invalid, then it should not be trusted. Shouldn't we let neutral and no bias or motivation to manage this?

Anyway I believe there was an argument on the differences between fictional composite and real life composite. And it was also pointed out that there are similarities between them as well. Let's just go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back