• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding the EU Star Wars reaction speed?

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So i've been looking at the profiles of the verse, mainly on their reaction speed. Apparently those such as Luke and Sidious have FTL+ reactions yet on the calc that "puts" them at that level only has FTL results + an Massively FTL calc for something else.

So where does the FTL+ part even comes from?

Also on the matter of this, how come those like Darth Vader doesn't get this scaling? Is it because Luke and Sidious + others around their level are faster tahn him or is it because this was done after his death?

Hmm. I remember Sheoth giving explanation for the speed stats for some characters. He might be able to answer this question

I have usually asked The Everlasting and ChaosTheory123 about Star Wars questions.

However, I also think that this sounds like a downgrade seems to be in order from what you say.

Hmm. Alright, i'll give Everlasting a try first.

I just find it odd that the calc we have for their reactions only gives them FTL speed (going by our scale, of course).

The FTL+ reaction speed comes from Abeloth considering nanoseconds a long time, Taalon's reaction time is simply a corroborating feat.

Hmm. Perhaps this needs to be clarified further within the profiles scaling from Abeloth?

It is stated that they scale from Abeloth's feat?

The Everlasting said:
The FTL+ reaction speed comes from Abeloth considering nanoseconds a long time, Taalon's reaction time is simply a corroborating feat.
So even though the calc puts them at FTL, it's because they're scaled from Abeloth is what makes them FTL+ huh?

What about those like Darth Vader though? Do people like him don't get this scaling due to this happening sometime after this death?

I'm frankly perplexed why anyone but Luke gets this scaling, he's the only one to fight Abeloth, and he grew far more powerful than Sidious, so I can't see this scaling to anyone else.

Switing all the characters that currently scale to having "Lightspeed reactions" feels like a better course of action, honestly.

So wait. The only person who fought Abeloth directly when that "nanoseconds are too slow" part came was Luke, right? Huh. And nobody else should have gotten this scaling then, yeah? @Ever

Yeah, it was just Luke, and at that point in time he was ridiculously more powerful than any other Force User doccumented in the Star Wars universe, only he gets this scaling.

I think there should, yeah. We have those like Sidious and Yoda as FTL+ in reactions like Luke due to being scaled from him but honestly, i don't really see that.

Like you said Ever, Luke became more powerful than any other Force User to that point of being able to fight someone who considers Nanoseconds to be "too slow" for her.

The everlasting knows much more about Star Wars than I do. I would take his word over mine in most of these matters.

^Seems so. If what Everlasting said is true, then we're going to have to downgrade everyone who apparently got this scaling to what EU Vader has.

I agree that TE can downgrade the speed of the other SW characters inappropriately scaled from Abeloth. Just remember to remove any mentions of her as well.

Back