• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Sasuke's Amaterasu AP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScarletFirefly

VS Battles
Retired
Ok so I'm finding this a bit odd.

On Sasuke's profile, EMS Sasuke, it says

• Town level with Amaterasu.
Sasuke used Amaterasu to oneshot fully-transformed Hachibi who's currently sitting at Large Island level durability. So I think there's something wrong here. I know Bee and some other got upgraded recently so I'd appreciate an explanation about this.

Sasuke also cut through his tentacles with Chidori so I'm confused.

One would say that Amateratsu may ignore durability due to its flames being able to burn upon contact at a first glance, but if not, Sasuke cutting through Hachibi's tentacles via Chidori would mean Sasuke's AP should be highed than what is listed at the moment.

What chapter does this feat occur? Would like to take a closer look if possible.

Chapter 415 . First page Sasuke unleashes Amaterasu, Bee writhes in agony for some pages and in page 4 Sasuke cuts off a tentacle with his Chidori. Also Karin gets tagged by the flames for some time until Sasuke extinguishes them and she was relatively unhurt.

Also Suigetsu was able to halt the advance of Hachibi in his water form, though he got wrecked by his bijudama. Still he needs an upgrade probably

Hachibi might weak againt Letha atk like luffy maybe cos thirt raikage cut hachibi as well and About amaterasu thing i gues you can check kaguya vs naruto(lava from kaguya not sure which chapter)

There's no reason Hachibi would have weakness against cutting attacks. If his body survives Large Island attacks like his own Bijudama, a Town level cutting attack should pose absolutely no problem

Honestly I think Amaterasu ignores durabilty... I mean has anyone ever actually survived Amaterasu or wasn't effected by it?

As I said, Karin remained relatively unharmed by it. Also Raikage continued battling nonchalantly while his arm was on fire, had time to perform the Guillotine, be intercepted by Gaara, Temari and Kankuro enter the battle, perform their techniques and then he cuts off his arm.

Also in Sasuke vs Itachi, Sasuke got burned by the flames and took moderate damage despite being on fire for some time.

Actually wait,cutting an opponent doesn't mean having that AP in Naruto universe,since anyone can get hurt by a kunai... unless you wanna say kunai is like what? Moon AP?

Like that one Samurai that got tagged by the flames. continued burning until Temari and Kankurou entered the battle and saved him.

Honestly I have no idea at this point I kinda think Amaterasu can ignore durabilty(more or less) and it simple concentrates only on the point where the flames are, without spreading on the rest of the body.

WilliamShadow said:
Honestly I have no idea at this point I kinda think Amaterasu can ignore durabilty(more or less) and it simple concentrates only on the point where the flames are, without spreading on the rest of the body.
That doesn't make any sense. There would be no reason for Raikage to cut off his arm. He did that to prevent the flames from spreading. Also in Itachi vs Sasuke the whole forest was ablaze with black flames from spreading.

Well I don't remember of those flames ever spreading in the anime, even in that battle it was Itachi who was moving the flames.

WilliamShadow said:
Well as you said Karin isn't hurt but bee is, there isnt any sense.
That could probably be attributed to the fact that Sasuke extinguished the flames before they did any major damage.

Also yes the flames do spread.

Screenshot 100
Here the flames are limited around the Uchiha plateau. This is when Itachi first released it.

Screenshot 300
And here, they are spread throughout the forest as the battle between them draws to a close. Itachi is dead at this point

So, if Amaterasu needs time to do certain damage,than it still weaker than bee's AP since it's simply constant damage and since even Karin wasn't killed instantly it means it's not a lot beyond her power which is town lvl I think.

So to sum up:

1. We can't assume Amaterasu ignores durability because Raikage was fighting with his arm on fire for quite a while. He has Multi-City Block level Durability so that's even lower than Town by quite a large margin. Also Samurais were not hurt. Also Gaara's sand wasn't burned by the flames.

2. If we put Amaterasu at Multi-City Block level AP, Bee burning from it would be an outlier since no matter how much you burn, the tier difference is enourmous.

3. If we put Amaterasu at Large Island level, Raikage fighting with his arm on fire is an outlier. Also the Samurais and Gaara's sand are outliers, unless Raikage and Gaara get upgraded to Large Island which makes zero sense.

I really don't know how to proceed here.

Yeah... I go with inconclusive for this match.

And Karin would be large island as well or at least island lol. If her profile is ever made or is it? Have no idea.

For real though, someone's stats need to be changed. And by chain reaction that would affect other characters in the verse. Question is which one's

^Amaterasu is just complicating our life.

And we can't affect one or two characters,but ignore others so, it's seriously inconclusive.

Still doesn't explain why Raikage could fight with that, nor the fact that Gaara's sand is unharmed by it. If that was the case, the flames would burn through them.

I think Gaara's case would count as defense, not durability since he used sand to block it and not his body. What version of Bee did Sasuke pierce?

ScarletFirefly said:
Also Sasuke's chidori going through Bee. That should give Sasuke an upgrade.
Not really since even Kunai can cut through likes of Sasuke and Naruto. Cutting is not very quantifiable in Naruto's universe.

Burning Full Fingers said:
I think Gaara's case would count as defense, not durability since he used sand to block it and not his body. What version of Bee did Sasuke pierce?
Gaara used the sand to block it, the flames stayed on the sand for a good amount of time and they never damaged them, and there's still Raikage's issue.

Also that was full transformation Bee that Sasuke cut through. He recently got upgraded to Large Island, but apparently Sasuke was forgotten.

WilliamShadow said:
Not really since even Kunai can cut through likes of Sasuke and Naruto. Cutting is not very quantifiable in Naruto's universe.
I believe that was dealt with by saying that they boost the properties of the weapon they are holding. As Zetsu said "the weapon is only as strong as the user wielding it"

Hmm, I guess we can call Sasuke vs the Hachibi an inconsistency. It's like how Sage Mode Naruto was contending with Kurama. Except we should upgrade him too. That would cause problems.

I remember Gwynbleiddd was doing some major Naruto revisions but I dunno if this would be included. However, I'd like some more staff input on the thread.

He's still in Part 1, I think. But I myself have wondered why Sage Mode Naruto contending with Kurama was never brought up. That can't be just Town level.

Well because he used several Chou Odama Rasengans at the same time with clones and he didnt win but simply pull out some of his power doing almost no damage.

Well I poked Gwyn about this. I dunno if he will respond, but if this part in included in his revision I can wait until he's done with it.

I remember that he clashed with Kurama's tails with his Ultra Big Ball Rasengan without help from his clones and his Rasenshuriken stunned him enough for him to take part of his chakra. But I can't remember anything else. Hmm, maybe I'll reread the fight.

I wouldn't bother Gwyn if I were you mate xD Ant has said that we shouldn't bother him since he's working on both the large scale Naruto AND Bleach revisions so.

As for this glorious ability. I mean in Raikage's profile it has it noted that he cut his own arm off without discomfort (It's under stamina)

Gaara's sand doesn't count as durability since it's not the person himself, as for Raikage it's not like it didn't do anything to him, I mean he had to cut off his own arm haha.

I have an interesting question though... what exactly stops Sasuke from spawning flames INSIDE a person?

Technically with Sharingan he can look at their chakra channels so what stops him from spawing a flame from the inside out?

^the fact that never ever happens as example and because I doubt they can actually do that since it's not like their eyes enter inside of a person they simply have x-Ray :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back