• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

regarding locks

Status
Not open for further replies.
why are all tier 2 or 1 locked?

it could be argued that these would be the most controversial articles, but i doubt etc azrael is more controversial than silver surfer, and yet azrael is locked and ss isn't.

so why is this rule enforced?

All tier 0 ,1 and 2 profiles are locked because the would constantly get vandalized and users would do unreasonable edits ,so we locked them so we wouldn't have to keep an eye on them 24 hours per day.

Kkapoios said:
All tier 0 ,1 and 2 profiles are locked because the would constantly get vandalized and users would do unreasonable edits ,so we locked them so we wouldn't have to keep an eye on them 24 hours per day.
how would they be vandalized?

I don't know exacly since i haven't been here for that long and at the begining i only cared about a few verses.But i think i can give you a simple example:

A guy thinks that Galactus is an omnipotent being because he heard so on a youtube video and his fanboynism exceeds his logic so he comes at this wiki and changes Galactuces' stats from 2-C to tier 1-B (just an example not a true story)

We also had a forum discussion about this beforehand, and it was agreed that since the profiles were constantly getting vandalised, it was better to lock them. There also aren't very many of these profiles, and as long as somebody creates a content revision forum thread with good arguments, we are willing to reevaluate their tiers.

Finding links to old discussions is nigh impossible and considering the enormous amount of forum threads Ant has taken part in i don't think it would be a good idea for Ant to start searching for it.

Yes, due to the lack of a good forum search function (wikia's staff have told me that they are working on solving the problem) it is nigh impossible to find very old topics. I think that Lord Kavpeny started the topic, but am not sure.

Regardless, it is a good policy that has worked well for reducing our workload.

Its good that all those profile are locked, but several of these profiles are badly drafted and/or doesn't follow the standard statement for profiles, maybe cuz they were made long time ago and weren't been edited since then.

Sorry. It has been too long, and too many things to do in-between. I do not remember. You can ask Lord Kavpeny if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back