• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding inconsistent showings for DBS Saiyans.

I agree with most of it, but I still think the characters who only briefly matched someone of higher strength should not scale because that happens a lot. So I'd prefer Gimeze, Nink, Gamisaras, Rylibeu, Dyrasem and Katopesla to stay at the lower end, that is High 4-C.

I agree with Gimeze, Gamisaras and Katopesla, but I'd say the others are still 4-B. Rylibeu, for instance, is completely featless other than countering Basil's attack, which would be somewhere on the higher end of 1 - at least 44x baseline Solar System level. They don't have profiles either, this is just Ribrianne scaling.

She was able to hold on for a few seconds before getting outright stomped. Many lower tier characters momentarily hold their own all the time in fiction/shounen to not get easily one shot, so I don't think that is a very convincing argument. But I'll stay neutral.

That would normally be true, but she was overpowered after Basil fired a second attack. Also, gaps are quite wide in Dragon Ball, such as Vegeta and Kaioken x3 Goku.

I'm in agreement with AKM Sama regarding some of those fodder characters, and I recall Hop being stomped super easily.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I'm in agreement with AKM Sama regarding some of those fodder characters, and I recall Hop being stomped super easily.
The whole team was stomped easily when Goku and Vegeta stopped messing around.

Well, I know, but there are some who are comparable to Basil. Not everyone was however.

Hop probably is somewhere around Basil's level (although inferior) since she kept up and injured the same Vegeta who struggled against Lavender.

They are the strongest, but they also have weird special powers and HAXy moves, including drugs, poison and energy absorption.

If we were talking about comparables to Trio De Danger

I would say

Hyssop (Matched Nink in power who nearly threw Goku off the edge and using Absolute Zero pushed suppressed Vegeta into using SSJ powers.)

Chappil (Withstood hits from suppressed Base Goku that other members of the team couldn't)

Oregano maybe scales when he restrained Vegeta

Hop for reasons above should scale and thats really about it.

Sorrel and Rozel are fodder and both got bodied by 18 and Frieza respectively

Omegas03 said:
Aren't Base to SSJ2/3 Saiyans showings wayy to inconsistent in DBS despite they have absorbed the SSG power onto their Base?
-Goku absorbs his SSG on his SSJ and made the power his.

-fights with a really strong trained Frieza who seems to be stronger than BoG Suppressed Beerus. Even pre ToP both Base Goku and Frieza got a couple of good hits on each other.

-fights Copy Vegeta who in Base lolstomped SSJ3 Gotenks, fights evenly against a Suppressed Beerus again in Base.

This is all fine, but then there goes the problem:

-Gohan and Piccolo who were weaker than even First Form Frieza in the RoF arc, seem to be comparable to Frost who fought an post-RoF Base Goku. How is that possible when barely any time has passed after RoF? Two High 4-C training for a really short amount of time is better than Goku and Vegeta training with Whis it seems.

-Future Trunks, who 2 years prior had trouble with Dabura was comparable to Goku and Vegeta who supposedly have SSJG power in Base. The heck?

-Base Black was comparable to SSJ2 Goku. After Black adapts to Goku's style he no sold attacks from SSJB Vegeta. So Base Black is comparable to SSJB but then SSJ Rose is obviously the SSB version of Black and despite that Goku and Vegeta aren't massively weaker than Black, even with some training (or rage boosts), both Goku and Vegeta catch up to Black.

My point is that Black was using SSG power in Base and that's why he got a hit on Vegeta, maybe Goku and Vegeta were doing the same all along.

-SSJ2 Goku fought Present Zamasu. Goku supposedly used much more power against a Kaioshin than against an Suppressed Beerus, a GoD as a SSJG.

-Gohan who is supposedly 3-A has trouble fighting Lavender who along with the rest of the Trio have Tier 4 feats at best.

-Gohan again, it was said that Gohan tapped on his previous Mystic (4-B) power again yet he his supposedly 3-A back at the U6 arc with no real good reason.

-Some of the Pride Troopers who are supposedly Tier 4 gave a lot of trouble to Caulifla and Kale (to the point Kale had to use Berserker SSJ and both were heavily exhausted after the beam struggle), even Goku had trouble with some of them.

-Goku and Vegeta have trouble with the Trio de Dangers who are Tier 4.

-Android 18 has a buttload of Tier 3 feats such as fighting alongside 17 rather consistently, help in the fight against Anilaza and being portrayed as stronger than the Pride Troopers and Ribrianne who had a lot of Tier 3 feats as well (giving trouble to Caulifla and Kale in the Troopers case, and fighting against Goku, Vegeta and 17 for Ribrianne) yet she is High 4-C via scaling above Krillin or because she has no reason to get stronger when Piccolo got to 3-A by training with a High 4-C in the U6 arc... Her 3-A rating was also rejected because of her Low end showings, thing that happens even more times to Goku and Vegeta or any DB Tier 3 in general who scales to Non Godly SSJ Forms.

-SSJ Caulifla who is 3-A struggled to push Napapa who is 4-B. Napapa also got stomped by Final Form Frieza who is Base Goku tier (or SSJ2, or SSJG, or whatever because even that is inconsistent).

That's a lot of Low end/supposedly inconsistent feats tbh. If it was one it would be fine, but there are a lot. And I am sure I am missing some. Such as supposedly Tier 3 characters getting damaged by 4-Bs or High 4-Cs.

Saying that it's just Low ends or Anti feats doesn't really take the problem away, but I dunno about what would solve the problem:

Option 1: everyone who scales to the Non Godly SSJ Forms should have their ratings changed to Varies from 4-B to 3-A

Option 2: analyze it on a case by case basis.

I insist, saying it's just Low ends or inconsistency doesn't solve anything when it actually happens a lot of times. There has to be a good reasoning. Thoughts?
You should see the manga,

That wasn't really decided, the discussion about that was just put on hold.

I guess we just need to apply some of the changes for minor characters who have profiles.

What exactly would the changes be?

Edit: IIRC, Jimizu was getting downgraded to High 4-C, for one.

It was something about the Saiyans and then changed into a discussion on if C-18 and other High 4-Cs in the ToP should be upgraded.

Back