• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding "Ignoring" Revisions/Calc Requests/Blogs/etc.

Well, evaluating calculations does not take nearly as much time, so I would appreciate more help with that part of the work.

To make it easier, perhaps calc group members could state in the main thread which ones that they have checked up on?

I think the suggestion to have the calc group check of evaluated calcs in the calc evaluation thread, like was done in the first calc request thread, could help.

Generally I am of the opinion that evaluating calculations is the main priority of the calc group members. For one thing because calcs being made is useless if they are not checked on and because anyone can make calcs, but in order to pass they need to be checked.

Beyond that in regards to content revision threads getting too few staff input: I believe I heard some time ago that the ACF wiki manages its verses by having certain people, which are not all staff, take care of verses for which they are considered trustworthy.

If the general workload on checking threads is to great, maybe appointing members that can approve a decision for only their respective verse would work. (They would of course have to be selected to be trustworthy, but wouldn't need to fulfill the full staff requirements)

That way the staff members could more or less ignore threads relating to those verses and would only have to take care of those that don't have such people.

Of course in return the staff would then need to supervise those people and check up on them if there are calls about them being biased.

I would for example not have a problem with letting revisions regarding Kamachi-verses be implemented if LazyHunter has provided input, even if no staff member has looked over them.

Well, I usually try to inform such members for input regarding relevant threads.

Since there is a talk about calcs.Let's clear some things:

Calcs don't take that much time, and they aren't hard at all, anyone with simple algebra knowledge (naaledge) and some decent critical thinking can do them.

The most difficult calc i've seen/done is this .And regular calcs are nowhere near that level (which is basic calculus).

The main problem is that 90% of the requests are vague s*** that can't be calced, so at least i usually don't bother with them.

Not checking calcs is something about guilty about though.

I agree with Gwynbleiddd and I also want clear something up to those who have concerns. As Reppuzan said, we are generally very busy. Not everyone can use this excuse for sure, but we generally are.

For example, I have a business to run 24/7 which requires a lot of time online and on the phone, my sister recently had a baby and I'm that baby's "second mother" (quite literally, there no father) so I'm also very busy with that (anyone with a child or younger sibling could relate), I still find at least some time to clean up profiles, manage revision threads, etc. On top of this I also have to plan a big Summer Art Show for July. My twin sister-in-laws need help around the house considerably, I'm always on my feet which is why being on mobile is far easier and more convinient for me.

It's not our fault and I do agree that greater effort must be made and I'm sorry you keep getting ignored Krukov. However, unless we look at both sides of the coin, we aren't being fair. Let's keep things in perspective.

You may be extremely busy. Several others may be, but not everyone is. This is evident when certain popular threads get made and they get 100 comments in 10 minutes. And there's some staff who literally would ignore revisions yet post in Fun and Games boards or discussion threads that aren't important (Dragonball Super General Discussions for example). Don't get me started on Vs Threads. You know who you are, no need to point fingers. It's obvious the wiki is for fun, it's a hobby but in order to maintain this hobby's interface we have to all chime in.

I absolutely agree with Krukov, there's no prioritization for some people but that's not my problem. A joke calc gets noticed and blows up yet something serious can't be evaluated to see if it's legit? A revision thread gets ignored even when highlighted yet "Bump This Thread!" gets 400+ comments + 3 continuation threads? How can you possibly not see that as a maintenance problem for staff?

Well, it is just a hobby for everybody here except myself. I am happy if I get sufficient help for resolving the content revision threads, but there is not always anybody available.

@Ven

Those "popular threads" get so many comments because there are other people posting in them, not strictly staff. That seems to be a fact you're ignoring.

And did you just... miss what Reppuzan and TheC2 stated regarding a person's knowledge on a thread's contents?

@VenomElite, for the majority of people on this site including the Staff. As ant pointed out,we are all here to enjoy the hobby we love. Staff themselves are just a collective group of individuals who VOLUNTARILY help manage the site. The last thing I want to see is tons of strict regulations placed on us making working here a chore.

It's of course sad when a small time verse gets no attention but a random fun discussion thread gets like 300+ replies. But it's not like them replying to a verse they have no idea about or care is going to really make a difference. We are all here on our own time to enjoy a hobby that we all commonly like. It's appreciative that users or staff reply on small time threads but we should not forced them to reply to them and have it not make any real contribution.Basically waste their time .

No, I have not ignored that fact. I am well aware of that. These other revisions are not Staff only and don't get replies from anyone. Are you seriously gonna tell me no one is knowledgeable about Doctor Who? or Then why is was a certain Doctor Who revision that I highlighted out of request, ignored for days and only Ant was replying to it for awhile. Eventually Promestein and I had to jump in and we know little about the series. I only stress about the staff because yes we have volunteered to maintain this site, so...we should.

Yes, Grudge I agree we can't force anyone to reply. But when someone DOES ask and it STILL gets ignored then we have a problem.

Explain to Colonel Krukov and FanofRPGs why their hard work was just ignored like that (not just the thread, but blogs, and calcs that needed to be reviewed). And unironically, they made that thread before the whole "Gohan vs Goku" debacle even happened. Yet for some reason, as soon as that happens a thread gets made, it becomes heated, another thread is made and so forth. Putting all that effort into DBS. And again, not just DBS, but Pokemon, One Punch Man, Naruto, Fairy Tail, etc. This is due to interest not due to availability. I monitor the Forums like a hawk, I can tell something's weird when Staff A doesn't do anything until a certain thread about a verse they like is made. There's inherently nothing wrong with that, but that fact should not be ignored.

@Ven

"Are you seriously gonna tell me no one is knowledgeable about Doctor Who?"

I will tell you, because it's true. Why is that hard to believe? Very few of the listed supporters on Doctor Who are actually active, and even I have limited knowledge on the series and haven't touched it in months.

"This is due to interest not due to availability."

That's an assumption.

Again, this is based on relative knowledge. I rarely touch HST threads because I know almost nothing about the series. Giving input on a series I know nothing about is just about as meaningful as asking a dancer's opinion on if you built a Mars probe correctly.

@Ever I asked you in a PM to respond to the thread and you didn't. May I ask kindly why you didn't?

Well, as long as the people creating the CR threads give sufficient easily understood information, we can usually attempt to evaluate it. It takes a while longer to question them for information, but it can be done.

We're only human. Unless someone is gonna prance around with a god complex thinking they can do every little thing. We can't force people to do anything. That's just the reality of it. This should be commom knowledge by now that more popular things get more attention. Duh that's why they are "popular". And fyi, Dragonball threads and One Punch Man threads must be dealt with. They usually involve a lot of arguing and such arguments get heated, even among staff. So why the hell wouldn't we ensure those threads are dealt with especially with the multitude of them being made?

@Kru

Which thread? I honestly don't remember because my brain never bothers to compile these things.

Also, I eventually accepted most of the Doctor Who changes. They currently just have to be implemented.

Anyway, remember to not get worked up about this topic. Accusations will just lead to alienating staff members from the wiki, which is the opposite of what we are looking for.

@Sera

I know. Again, I wouldn't have made this thread if it wasn't shoved into my face consistently, by friends that I worry about. This includes but is not limited to Colonel Krukov and FanofRPGs

Yes I absolutely agree with Ant that information and evidence should be made available on the content revisions as clear and easy-to-understand as possible. But I remember when you would do the same thing regarding chat. You'd make threads because people would come to you with concerns. No different here.

Thanks for the responding in the revision thread Ant

@Colonel Krukov No problem, but remember to edit the Doctor's profile, and to fix the issue that I messaged you about earlier.

Ventus, if that's the case they should make the thread themselves or put a better effort in trying to get them noticed I suppose. In any case it's like a kid at school getting upset because when they graduated not a lot of people clapped for them but when someone else name gets called and 3/4 of the crowd roar in applause. That's a personal self-esteem problem. You see what I'm saying?

I will speak to you about that stuff on my wall as to not derail this thread, and no problem.

Basically, you can only help as much as you are capable of doing. And you certainly cannot force someone to help, only ask for help and not get upset if they say "no". Fair?

Antvasima said:
-People's life & familial problems, occupations, and etc.

-Unlike robots, the people who worked in this wikia can't be on here 24/7 w/o their bodies feeling overworked.

-Favoritism over one verse/franchise over another, feeling upset over complex calculations, rendering images, and checking a lot of revisions everyday.

Things like this can make others feel very sad & bad about it.

You should first have proven yourself able to perform acceptable character feat calculations, and then apply here.

Then I ask the calc group members if they think that the applicant seems capable enough to handle the position.

Back