• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Flashes durability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confluctor

VS Battles
Retired
Why does their durability is being scaled to their AP? This is literally no indication that their ap = durability when channeling the entirety of speed force. Or when moving at exactly light speed. Just because their 4B versions do, doesn't mean this does too because most of it is done via hax or through chain reaction (destroying universe, for example)

If anyone's got any headcanon reason, they should probably be added to their profiles.

Tl;Dr, right now, Flash files assumes their durability scales to their AP at tier 2 and above without proper feats or reasons to back it up.

Last edited:
Tbh I'm not as knowledgeable with the post crisis as I am with the post flashpoint. But wouldn't the post flashpoint feat fall under environmental destruction?

And off topic but unless I'm tripping, I don't remember it being stated than Wally and Barry were absorbing the entire speed force when they were racing together, as I can't find that statement anywhere

Though if there it is all done under hax or chain reaction, then removing to tier 2 to physicals is probably fine

yes, i agree, even if it's not hax, this is a momentary amp that doesn't keep Flashes durability at that point for a very long time (not counting the time when it is perceived by flash)

I agree with Confluctor about that, as far as I am aware, the Flash characters are consistently portrayed as having far lower durabilities than their attack potencies, even though it doesn't technically make any sense, given that they usually attack by punching others.

@Qawsedf234 @SuperAPM @Firestorm808 @EmperorRorepme @LuciferDC099 @Ehnkr2beboh @Deagonx @Elizio33 @LordTracer @Planck69 @MarvelFanatic119 @catzlaflame @Armorchompy @Kulf_Boba @LephyrTheRevanchist @The_Impress

Your help would be appreciated here.

Actually, turning this into a CRT. This is a pretty serious issue with Flashes files in general and as such, should be fixed.

@Antvasima @LordTracer @Amelia_Lonelyheart @Maverick_Zero_X @Emirp sumitpo @Firestorm808 @Qawsedf234 @Transcending @Oliver_de_jesus

Your help would be appreciated with this
I agree with Confluctor about that, as far as I am aware, the Flash characters are consistently portrayed as having far lower durabilities than their attack potencies, even though it doesn't technically make any sense, given that they usually attack by punching others.

@Qawsedf234 @SuperAPM @Firestorm808 @EmperorRorepme @LuciferDC099 @Ehnkr2beboh @Deagonx @Elizio33 @LordTracer @Planck69 @MarvelFanatic119 @catzlaflame @Armorchompy @Kulf_Boba @LephyrTheRevanchist @The_Impress

Your help would be appreciated here.
My apologies, but I can’t really help out here. Flash is one of the things that completely fall outside of my expertise.

Wouldn't third law force the durability to match the AP by virtue of not dying by doing the move? I get where it's coming from tbh.

But If it's a momentary amp only just go "[basic tier], up to [tier] with thing".

If it's ED, well yeah **** it ig. It'd be ED only.

Wouldn't third law force the durability to match the AP by virtue of not dying by doing the move? I get where it's coming from tbh.

But If it's a momentary amp only just go "[basic tier], up to [tier] with thing".

If it's ED, well yeah **** it ig. It'd be ED only.
Speed force allows the flash to give the middle finger to physics so the 3rd law won't apply.

Flashes are not always as durable as their AP. Their durability is determined by the amount of speedforce they channel, which is why, recently, Barry was severely beaten by Daxamites, but in the next issue, he one-shots several of them, drawing blood. So his attack potency is greater in this case than his durability was in the previous issue. This should make sense because Barry mentioned in Rebirth issue 2 that his muscles feed on speed force, so he should be able to control the amount of speed force he channels into them and I am saying this because it would also make sense for how he in the past got brutally injured many times from people like Girder (a character below Superman level threat) to the point his ribs were cracked. I also recall one time Wally mentioning the same that how speedforce automatically adjusted his body durability to withstand a punch from Mongul. Imo, Flashes should have unknown durability which I always thought.

Last edited:
The issue is not varies - which should have always been there, not sure why it wasn't, but the issue is their durability scaling to to their AP at tier 2 and above. That needs to be fixed.
He already does actually. But yeah, let's stick to the topic at hand

The issue is not varies - which should have always been there, not sure why it wasn't, but the issue is their durability scaling to to their AP at tier 2 and above. That needs to be fixed.
Okay. I apologise for derailing then.

What do the rest of you think about this?

Bump.

Rebirth Hunter Zolomon with the Speed, Strength and Sage Forces would be downgraded. I suggest something along the likes of "Far higher with Speed, Strength and Sage Forces"

His profile is wack considering that version of Hunter scales to At least 2-C, possibly Low 1-C but he's listed as just 2-C. That and his 4-B feat is when he had the Speed, Strength and Sage forces

Rebirth Hunter Zolomon with the Speed, Strength and Sage Forces would be downgraded. I suggest something along the likes of "Far higher with Speed, Strength and Sage Forces"

His profile is wack considering that version of Hunter scales to At least 2-C, possibly Low 1-C but he's listed as just 2-C. That and his 4-B feat is when he had the Speed, Strength and Sage forces
tbf their 2c is absolutely worthless since the feat they are scaling to is actually low 1c at the very very least.
Can you explain exactly what needs to be done here and why please?

Right now, for this thread, we are waiting for firestorm to comment I think. He said he will look at some stuff (?)

Maybe the speed force amplifies their durability to be able to withstand those forces?

It could technically also simply completely break the laws of physics in this area as well as others.

Since we have no verification at this time, I'm fine with some tiers having unknown durability since 3rd law may not apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back