• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Cross Verse Scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh the way I'm feeling is that we should either disregard WOG statements for every verse or just accept cross scaling as case by case.

I don't have a problem at all with Mob scaling to Tats as long as it's consistent.

Seriously this is the equivalent of saying a writers work isn't canon when he literally is saying it is. It's his word.

Hell, God forbid Toriyama from making a statement about light speed god tier in the verse. Pretty sure this site wouldn't let that happen despite using WOG statements.

So we either disregard all statements or use them case by case

Ionliosite said:
And Masadaverse, that one also uses cross verse scaling between Reinhard and Amakasu.
Doesn't Masadaverse have those stories take place in the same greater cosmology, hence the shared verse page? I think that makes its situation disanalagous.

Doesn't Masadaverse have those stories take place in the same greater cosmology, hence the shared verse page?

No, they don't, even the verse page says so:

The two other games belong to the Senshinkan series, a separate franchise that has nothing to do with Shinza storywise

Just asking but how is inconsistent to scale Rein to Amaksu God's when he is far stronger than his previous self who one shoted Methu?

Since you said Masada was affected by this and up there people said that if it is inconsistent it gets yeeted I thought people thought it was inconsistent here.

Anyways what's the conclusion here?

Tony di bugalu said:
Since you said Masada was affected by this and up there people said that if it is inconsistent it gets yeeted
Masada gets affected because it uses cross verse scaling (Shinza and Senshinkan are totally unrelated after all). And if it is inconsistent, it gets yeeted, yes. Rein's statement is basically identical to Mob's (same sole author, consistent with the scaling), so both get the same treatment aka just adding a "likely higher" with the statement there. NNT's statement, on the other hand, gets yeeted.

Ionliosite said:
Tony di bugalu said:
Since you said Masada was affected by this and up there people said that if it is inconsistent it gets yeeted
Masada gets affected because it uses cross verse scaling (Shinza and Senshinkan are totally unrelated after all). And if it is inconsistent, it gets yeeted, yes. Rein's statement is basically identical to Mob's (same sole author, consistent with the scaling), so both get the same treatment aka just adding a "likely higher" with the statement there. NNT's statement, on the other hand, gets yeeted.
Wait, so Mob is becoming 7-A

Agree with me: Ant, Andytrenom, Damage, Cal, Schnee, Newendigo, DarkDragonMedeus, Qliphoth Bacikal, Calaca, ParadoxIndifferent, Zark, KLOL506 (via agreeing with Medeus), Matt, Dienomite22, I'm Blue,

Agree with Ryukama: Nico-v11, Tetsucabrah, KLOL506 (yes, on he's both lists), Celestial Pegasus, The Causality, MrKerf, Mephistus, Planck69, DMUA,

And Agnaa is Neutral. Did I miss anyone?

@I'm Blue The argument would be that since the author wrote both verses and is saying that they scale, that that's how they know.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
I agree with the fact that we should not cross verse scale

I mean, how can you say X character is comparable to Y character if Y character doesn't even exist in their verse
I dunno, we seem to do that all the time, yet when the actual people who made it do it, it's suddenly a big deal

I still agree with ryukama here

Regarding the fact that Mob does not have even close exploits to Tatsumaki.
Recently, a calculation was made that 100% Mob gets a High 7-A with an increase to 6-C due to more powerful emotions.
Moreover ,the" strongest " feat with an earthquake is greatly underestimated. It assumed that the diameter of Spice City is 6.8 kilometers, which is far from the case.
Let's start with the fact that before the battle with the boss, Mob detects opponents in the city, located 20 kilometers away. In the next frame, we see that he does not live on the outskirts of the city, so 20 kilometers can be quite taken as a radius. This is also confirmed by the pages where the city was shown expanded to the horizon.
Moreover, the earthquake was felt in other cities. Especially good in a city where Reigen and Shigeo came to banish urban legends. They got there by tram, even though Reigen has a car, which tells us a long distance. The average tram speed is 75 kilometers per hour. I could do calc with this, but here I will give a naked result with three ends.

Low end: the radius of the city is 20 kilometers and we use 40 km as the distance from the epicenter. This gives us 12.7 Gigatons of TNT in the feat.
Middle end: the journey to another city took half an hour and is equal to 37 kilometers. Add to it 40 kilometers from the radius of the city and get 77 kilometers as the distance from the epicenter. Here we get 95 Gigatons of TNT.
High end: the journey to the city was 2 hours and thus we get 190 kilometers as the distance from the epicenter. This end gives us a value of 620 Gigatons of TNT.

What distance is fair to use is up to you.

Given Tasumaki's downgrade and Mob's upgrade they're much closer to each other in power now, not taking the cross scaling into consideration.

Yeah, both would become 6-C without scaling to each other, so we would actually be able to remove the statement and have them as comparable anyway. What a nice ending.

Why would that not be a reason for them to continue scaling?

The one of biggest arguments towards them not scaling was the huge difference in calcs.

Ionliosite said:
Yeah, both would become 6-C without scaling to each other, so we would actually be able to remove the statement and have them as comparable anyway. What a nice ending.
There's still Tatsu scaling to Shigeo's speed.

Well, not scaling has 15 votes (8 of which are staff) while scale has 9 (2 of which are staff), so it's clear what's the conclusion here and how that will be handled.

You have two characters that are now the same tier on this site, from the same author who stated they are comparable, and they have the same skillset. The argument for not scaling is completely disingenuous.

So? They still aren't from the same verse, and that's what this thread is for, to not scale characters from different verses,

One, someone should show Dargoo this. He was the one to make the upgrade and argue against this, it seems odd to have this discussion without his knowledge.

Two, I have never understood the issue of cross verse scaling in cases like this. Death of the Author isn't our God or some nonsensical misconception like that. It never has been and never will be I hope, otherwise statements like that would be dead forever.

Death of the author is a thing when there's obvious discrepancies that would put those statements in doubt as the author is not omniscient and can be wrong, and most likely will be wrong at least about a few things no matter how minimal. It doesn't suddenly make their statements void. The power system isn't even different, both are directly espers.

https://prnt.sc/r6omwf

The main 3 arguments are completely invalidated.

The different setting means absolutely nothing.

Different power systems also means jackshit, they have the exact same powers. And a statement from the author.

Their feats are now in the same tier so that argument is dead too.

So the only argument you have left is "Ant doesn't like cross scaling"

You somehow missed the most important difference: they aren't on the same verse. OPM and MP100 DON'T share the same canon, they aren't the same world, they have absolutely nothing that would connect both worlds. Mob and Tatsu were the start of a slippery slope that has been going on different verses, this has only led to inflating the stats across multiple unrelated verses, and the only way to stop it is getting rid of the root of all problems.

Your argument basically boils down to "I know more about the characters than the author" here. I'm sure there are examples of bad cross scaling on this site, but these two are pretty consistent. Like I said days ago, it should be taken on a case by case basis.

So what you are saying is that other bad cases of this should bring down a consistent use of cross verse scaling.

How about proper care is given to said cases that are actually wrong, instead of this? If they are actually wrong.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
So what you are saying is that other bad cases of this should bring down a consistent use of cross verse scaling.
How about proper care is given to said cases that are actually wrong, instead of this? If they are actually wrong.
Exactly. This shit is just lazy.

One, someone should show Dargoo this. He was the one to make the upgrade and argue against this, it seems odd to have this discussion without his knowledge.

Dargoo hasn't participated in many threads involving upgrades he's started, as of recent.

Tetsucabrah said:
I'm sure there are examples of bad cross scaling on this site, but these two are pretty consistent.
THIS, this is the problem. Accepting these two, that actually have a lot reasons to scale, led to others cases of cross-verse scaling because these two had it, that's why this is a slippery slope. It'll be a massive double standard to make this case keep the cross-scaling while others are removed.

Agnaa said:
Dargoo hasn't participated in many threads involving upgrades he's started, as of recent.
That's odd. Still, sending him a link would be for the best as this is about a general standard. I should try to send him one just in case.

Well they are both ironically tier 6 with their own feats now so scaling them together makes more sense now than even before.

Tetsucabrah said:
That is such a stupid way of thinking about this. Take it on a case by case basis.
"Take it on case by case basis" is the argument thrown when doesn't want to discuss the subject at first hand. We have to be consistent, we can't magically this case a special threatment but get rid of everything else. Mob and Tatsu started the slippery slope, because of their scaling is that all other cross-verse scaling problem start, everything single thread on the subject uses the "Mon and Tatsumaki are accepted to scale" as an argument to cross-scale. We need to stop scaling these two, and thus all othe problems die with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back