• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Cross Verse Scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobs case in particular, lemme just go through this

On top of literally everything just said, Mob has a 6C feat that he scales to, in 100% no less, while Tatsumaki is also 6C after the downgrade

The only difference here is the exact number, the two are equal in almost everything else and are both Even In the same tier

Schnee, now that you're here, would you be willing to help to actually set standards so we can deal with cross-verse scaling?

Cross verse scaling should be used if

1. The statement itself is completely reliable and isn't contradicted

2. Feats aren't massive beneath it, and for the record I am not saying "Not in the same tier" massive, I mean the difference between High end Tier 6 and Tier 7 massive, the type of scaling that would normally be considered an outlier

3. Above all we must take the authors other statements with care, if an author is say, Kamiya (who we used to use for universal DMC) is a frequent troll that locesbto fool around with answers, then this should be completely disregarded, if an author typically serious in his answers and they make sense, they are fine.

SpookyShadow said:
How can you know if author is trolling or serious :v
Based off of previous comments. Some really just spout whatever nonsense comes to mind at the moment because they don't have an actual answer at the moment.

One is pretty reliable though.

ONE is reliable, he's a pretty honest and kind guy.

Idk about Kamiya, but I feel bad for him with all these wimps asking him about powerscaling

There are authors that when asked, grant an answer that it's hardly reliable or it's done with the intention of being a joke.

Oda, for example, has a Q&A corner, and here are some examples:

Q: "How far can Luffy stretch"

A: "170 Gomu Gomus".

He doesn't give an indication of what a Gomu Gomu is or what's the equivalent in any other unit. He's joking.

Q: "How fast is Kuro's Shakushi?"

A: "80km/h".

Completely unreliable as this technique made Kuro so fast it was invisible to the human eye, and common sense is enough to know 80km/h is absurdly below that.

These are obvious examples, but that's why WoG needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

Well, for cross-verse scaling to be considered to be used, the two works must be written by a single same author, there should not be considerable contradictions in the respective displayed power levels for the compared characters, and the statement from the author has to be serious.

Antvasima said:
Well, for cross-verse scaling to be considered to be used, the two works must be written by a single same author, there should not be considerable contradictions in the respective displayed power levels for the compared characters, and the statement from the author has to be serious.
Mob and Tats meet those criteria now.

Schnee One said:
Meliodes may fit that criteria as well
Well, one of the things contested on the Meliodas/Kongou thread was if Nakaba was serious at all, so I'm not sure he can get a pass with these new rules.

Schnee One said:
Mobs case in particular, lemme just go through this
On top of literally everything just said, Mob has a 6C feat that he scales to, in 100% no less, while Tatsumaki is also 6C after the downgrade

The only difference here is the exact number, the two are equal in almost everything else and are both Even In the same tier
Mob x Tatsumaki cross scaling is the type of thing that you have to earn, but when you earn it, you won't need it

I think it's important to note that the scaling must not break the verse at all and make logical sense. For Mob and Tats very few if any other characters would be affected from scaling them together (since the scaling is only from ???% Mob who no one scales from in Mob Psycho while Tats is lonesome in her tier).

Basically what I mean is that a feat performed in a different verse shouldn't impact the entirety of another verse (goes to show how great the scaling between Mob and Tats is lol)

Nico is correct.

Anyway, where should we write these new regulations? In the Crossovers or Cano page, or somewhere else?

Nico-v11 said:
I think it's important to note that the scaling must not break the verse at all and make logical sense. For Mob and Tats very few if any other characters would be affected from scaling them together (since the scaling is only from ???% Mob who no one scales from in Mob Psycho while Tats is lonesome in her tier).
Nitpick, but Orochi, Garou and Sperm also scale

Ionliosite said:
Crossovers seems more appropiated, given this is, as implied by the name, scaling between 2 different verses.
Okay. How should we insert the new regulation? Via an "Other Cross-Fiction Scaling Rules" section at the bottom of the page?

SpookyShadow said:
ONE is reliable, he's a pretty honest and kind guy.
Idk about Kamiya, but I feel bad for him with all these wimps asking him about powerscaling
He'd basically block you for even sending him a thank-you note even

Okay. How should we insert the new regulation? Via an "Other Cross-Fiction Scaling Rules" section at the bottom of the page?

Yeah, that would make the most sense. Schnee's regulations seem to be what's been accepted so far.

Antvasima said:
Would it be fine if we insert something like this into the new section?

Okay. Thanks. We preferably need some staff input as well first though.

This seems mostly resolved though I have a small question. NikHelton's rough calc of the feat with the earthquake has the mid and high-end massively above Tatsumaki (and that's not even considering how ???% did it by walking). If he ever makes a serious blog, would we be able to scale Tatsumaki to the feat or not?

Would something like this be fine for a new section at the bottom of the Crossovers page?

Other Cross-Fiction Scaling Rules
For cross-verse scaling to be considered to be used between two separate works of fiction based on author statements, all of the following requirements must be fulfilled:

• The works must be written by a single same person.
  • There should not be considerable contradictions in the respective displayed power levels for the compared characters.
  • The statements need to clearly have been intended seriously.
  • The compared characters must share a similar nature in terms of types of powers.
Also, these rules should not serve as an excuse to pester authors for replies via social media.

That seems fine although could we add that the two characters in question must also share similarities or be of a similar nature? Just using Mob and Tats as an example since they are both Espers (telekinesis users) and described as such in both verses.

I suppose that could be an idea. What do the rest of you think?

My biggest thing is we want to try and word it so people don't abuse it by typing a question to the author on how strong one character is and saying "It was a serious answer"

I agree that we should be strict about it and that for us to allow the scaling it must pass all of the parameters not just most of them.

I updated my post above with the new requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back