• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reforged Ideals Game Thread 6

Fujin chuckles. Her, being the literal best news reporter to ever exist ever ever, had planned for such an event. She had already modified her phone so that it couldnt be corrupted unless someone specifically tried there very hardest. "Aaaand thats my cue to leave, ta ta~!" Fujin uses Extreme Speed and zooms off.

The Divine Phoenix said:
"Alright, I suppose I will start with this. I wish for you to explain what the events that lead you to making this choice were, in your own words." Nicholas requests.
Some of the armors are building things.
"What do you mean by that?"

The Divine Phoenix said:
"Your past. What made you gain this mentality of helping others and nothing else."
"When it comes down to it, it really wasn't my past. Are you sure you want to understand the truth from "me"?"

Suddenly everyone finds themselves in the same old void with red lightning. It's brighter than ever now, and you can sense a emotion close, if not quite the same as joy.

[Move to meta]

Crunkledunk finds himself in the void with everyone else. "Well, uh thanks for not making me fall asleep again- though I am feeling a tad drowsy. So, er- you happy about the challenger being vanquished? Sorry I couldn't help too much, but hey I am happy too." Crunkledunk attempts to engage in casual conversation with the entity

The entity does not respond. You feel a rush of power, and know that you have gained new powers. Everyone is sent back to where they were before.

"Well, it seems we have all grown notably stronger." Nicholas concludes.

"Now then, would you be willing to continue what you were saying?" He asks Amy.

I sigh and then feel my new powers.

"Mmm, intriguing ...", I murmur, realizing that my intellectual abilities are extremely increased besides the robotic ones.

Along with new skills and an evocation.

"Now is the time to do something that someone else should have done, to upgrade a damn mask", I say to then extract the Forge and hit Pakari's mask.

Now the mask not only increases physical strength, but also all my weapons and abilities.

"Well, and now ... let's proceed with something more elaborate", I continue, elaborating the outline of a large satellite in my mind.

"........."

My arm quickly reforms, made of the same shadowy substance the rest of my body is. I feel like I need to shoot something.

"Anything else?"

The Divine Phoenix said:
"Well, it seems we have all grown notably stronger." Nicholas concludes.

"Now then, would you be willing to continue what you were saying?" He asks Amy.
"Well, you could say it was in "my" nature from the beginning. Just like how you've aimed for advancement and Dilma has always been happy with her lifestyle."

"That is not all true though. Dilma seems to have changed to a degree. So you never considered free will worth anything, not even prior to being summoned here?"

Armors are working in the background.

Fujin smiles. "Oh this is useful~." She uses her new Conceptual Improvement to conceptually improve her phone. No data or recording is gonna be corrupted or messed with now~.

The Divine Phoenix said:
"That is not all true though. Dilma seems to have changed to a degree. So you never considered free will worth anything, not even prior to being summoned here?"

Armors are working in the background.
"She didn't change much. She always felt that what she did was right, and she knew she was missing something from the beginning. That's likely why her origin was both Love and Lust. As for your other question, it was never about the free will as a whole. It was always about the ability to be as selfless as possible. Free will to choose between being selfish and selfless was a issue in that, so it was cast aside."

"You could have simply chosen to be selfless rather than cut off the option entirely. What you have become is practically a machine now. Selfishness is a trait necessary for survival in humans."

"Yes. I want to know, what do "you" seek in this? Do you wish to merely help others without any sort of discrimination, good or evil, or do you want to help humanity and the world at large?"

Fujin gets to work. Using her super buff news powers, she easily starts setting up her own News Channel, Newspaper, News Website, etc.

The Divine Phoenix said:
"Yes. I want to know, what do "you" seek in this? Do you wish to merely help others without any sort of discrimination, good or evil, or do you want to help humanity and the world at large?"
"Well, "I" don't. "I" don't exist to feel or think for anything but others. Basically only to be used."

After completing the project, I enter my vehicular mode, flying high, beyond the atmosphere of the planet.

Arrived, I return to golem mode and then use the power of the Mahiki mask to create a real illusion of a huge satellite around me.

"Manticore Zealot online, support systems: activated, operating system: activated, search system: activated", exclaims a female robotic voice while holographic screens appear.

"Well ... and now, I come to hunt you, brother"

"Even if being used makes you cause pain and suffering for others? Even if it were to fulfill the selfish desires of other people?" Nicholas looks curious.

@Hl3

For some reason, I find myself compelled to see how far Eike can go!

"....Yes. I decided I'll have you be my guinea pig. I'll do a few more experiments, then you can go ahead and put them to use."

I pour my magic into him. If he's compatible, he should be able to learn dark magic. [Yobo rolled yes on Discord]

Next, I grant him the commandment of [Hl3's choice].

"How do you feel?"

The Divine Phoenix said:
"Even if being used makes you cause pain and suffering for others? Even if it were to fulfill the selfish desires of other people?" Nicholas looks curious.
"Well, obviously the best route that fulfills the desires of the most people would be chosen."

I now have a Halo floating above my head, as well as a few million souls inside my puppet body.

"Man, now i trully am a Beach King of the Heavens."

That was terrible.

"So there is still a bit of self left in you... Enough to make such a choice rather than just blindly serving. Still, this feels wrong somehow, however much of me is still human feels that this shouldn't be this way." Nicholas answers, looking a bit perturbed.

@Exodus

"There is no such thing, in any outcome, there are people who will gain nothing, you can't help everybody, there is no viable way to do such thing"

Doctor Malovich'es Island

"I think this island will do nicely." Turning the power back on at Doctor Malcovic'es island, renamed Fate Island, decide to make the place my new headquarters. I am currently training apprentices there.

Drite77 said:
@Exodus

"There is no such thing, in any outcome, there are people who will gain nothing, you can't help everybody, there is no viable way to do such thing"
"You're right. Any other questions?"

"And you're wrong, Dilma. The greater good certainly exists. It is possible to help everybody. Advancement does this, ultimately." Nicholas states.

The Divine Phoenix said:
"So there is still a bit of self left in you... Enough to make such a choice rather than just blindly serving. Still, this feels wrong somehow, however much of me is still human feels that this shouldn't be this way." Nicholas answers, looking a bit perturbed.
"Well,mif it makes you feel better, "I'm" sure if "I" could feel "I" would want that expunged."

Fujin twitches. Her News senses are tingling. She zooms off to Fate Island with Extreme Speed, records and takes some pictures, and then zooms back to her office.

"It doesn't. I am uncertain if I want you to help my work or not. One the one hand, your powers are certainly useful, on the other, more human part, I do not exactly feel right about ordering around what is essentially a slave."

@Phoenix

"Disagree, there is no way of helping everybody, why? Because no matter what you do, no matter the effort you put in, there is no way to please eveybody. Every action we take have consequences on both sides of the spectrum, there is none who are homogeneously good, period"

I feel like lying would be a bad idea, not like I really do it anyways.

"Not a whole lot of anything to be honest with you."

The Divine Phoenix said:
"It doesn't. I am uncertain if I want you to help my work or not. One the one hand, your powers are certainly useful, on the other, more human part, I do not exactly feel right about ordering around what is essentially a slave."
"Don't worry about it. It's why "I" exist."

Back