• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record Of Ragnarok Discussion Thread #1

Siegfried is one of those, as well as Zerofuku and hades who was not even in the roster formerly. I believe one of the matches would end up in a tie as well.
Huh, I thought Siegfried was a human. And I'm not too sure about there being a tie. If Qin and his eyes that transfers his opponents wounds onto him didn't tie with Hades, it doesn't seem like there will be a tie any time soon.

Both are Scandinavian for a nice a change of scenery with both having home field advantage, god who knows/sees all vs human who can’t be found and has bullshit crazy eyesight, spear that never misses vs no scoping other snipers through their own scope, Odin dies via doggo while Simo has a doggo, Odin declares the greatest war of the Norse while Simo nigh single-handedly stops the worst conflict in human history from progressing in Finland etc.
All these guys get crazy shit that they never had irl/in their stories. Simo is like … the one human fighter who they can run with his actual feats and still deserve to be on the roster. By far my most anticipated fighter.
Simo is overrated

I’m pretty sure his like half human half dragon or something
He’s a human who absorbed a dragon’s power by eating its heart from what I know.
as well as Zerofuku and hades who was not even in the roster formerly
Zerofuku was on the roster… just not by name. Instead the name of his strongest component (Bishimman if I spelled it close enough to be recognized by y’all) was on there.
Huh, I thought Siegfried was a human. And I'm not too sure about there being a tie. If Qin and his eyes that transfers his opponents wounds onto him didn't tie with Hades, it doesn't seem like there will be a tie any time soon.
Not that on topic but that fight was so frustrating because it was built up so well I thought it’d be my favorite… but then it just wasn’t. To the point that a matchup I thought was monstrously in Hades’ favor was later portrayed as him being hard countered.
Ties indeed won’t happen, but that might not have to do with it.
There's also vague prophecies by the Oracle of Delphi which is associated with Apollo. Guess which humans makes vague prophecies? Nostradamus was also a plague doctor while Apollo's favourite means of punishing people is to unleash plagues.
That makes sense given he clearly is very different from IRL.
Damn, Simo is metal. Hopefully he snatches a win here as the only representative that was born in the 20th century.
All these guys get crazy shit that they never had irl/in their stories. Simo is like … the one human fighter who they can run with his actual feats and still deserve to be on the roster. By far my most anticipated fighter.
Everyone else: Super-powered non-sensical volunds that give powers they never had in their original lore

Simo: Gun.
That’s the thing about guns: you can’t make them hit harder with training, so you can put all your training into being more accurate and tactical.
Simo is far from weak in close range (after all, he has many kills with a machine gun and survived an anti-tank bullet to the jaw) but his true strength lies in becoming one with the terrain… and making his foes feel powerless against the natural disaster that is The White Death. If the Russians could find him it wouldn’t have been so difficult to kill him -especially with the resources they dedicated to the task- but he made it feel like they were trying to find a single snowflake in the Finnish winter. Impossible.
No powers needed for that: just a snowy mouth, camouflage, and unrivaled knowledge of his homeland.
Simo is overrated
That was my attempt to exaggerate his abilities even a little, how’d I do?

But seriously, whenever i heard Simo Hayha i have the sick feeling considering how overhyped this dude is either in Fate (make your fan-servants in Beast's Lair, this dude has so many version) or in the others media

Rough Translations

Beelzebub vs Tesla

Brud and goll visits buddha's hospital room, but he isn't there (Surprise surprise) and they are angry.

Apparently Siegfried has a close relationship with Brud and he influenced her with going with Ragnarok. Apparently they (authors) are taking the story the ring of nibelung as influence/based material.

They meet Tesla in his room, he is doing an equation and apparently figured it out, but just need she materials for it. There were other famous historical scientist helping him. Something is said about magic but Tesla says he doesn't like that and that everything is science. His Volund is the 9th sister (She look your priestess from jrpgs) and her ability is something to do with Magic. Combining the science of Tesla and the Magic of the Valkyries is what is happen with him.

(All that helped him) Galileo Galilei, Albert Einstein, Marie Curie, Isaac Newton, Alfred Nobel, and Thomas Edison, who was said to be Tesla's rival, witnessed the power that Tesla gained. I praise him for finally completing his research .

Tesla walks out and he has a mech suit for his Volund and is discharging electricity. Tesla says that what people believe to be gods is just the laws of physics and he himself believes with his science and his valkyries magic he has surpassed the power of gods/the gods.

hermes plays a song for Hades and for Beelz walkout with Beelz being the new king of the underworld and as Hades walking stick.

tesla Volund

anyway's could someone elaborate the duration required before kojiro could have the capability of "scanning all of creation"?
We already assume in a VS match he would be at his full-fighting capability, aka, he'd have the strength he gained after fighting Poseidon inherently.

Really feels like they took the less creative route with Tesla. Would have been amazing if he would have just used the power of science to smack some God's ass, no Volund. Would have been a great time to use this line I thought up while writing this comment.

"The Gods created the laws of the universe. This man mastered them."

Symbolically, it would show that it's not the Gods that don't need humanity anymore, but humanity that doesn't need the Gods.

It also takes away Kintoki vs Beelzebub (Demon Slayer vs Demon Lord). Bet Susanoo will pick up a victory when he shows up.

Assuming you are talking pre-Volund, it takes him several minutes if his opponent is good enough to force him to it. Note that this requires them to be able to blitz and one shot him, blitz and one shot their previous level, do that again, and then he will get pushed to scanning creation.

Assuming you are talking pre-Volund, it takes him several minutes if his opponent is good enough to force him to it. Note that this requires them to be able to blitz and one shot him, blitz and one shot their previous level, do that again, and then he will get pushed to scanning creation.
His Pre Re-Volund and Re-Volund isn't separated into keys so I'm pretty sure we just say he starts off with that power unless we decide to separate it into keys.

We already assume in a VS match he would be at his full-fighting capability, aka, he'd have the strength he gained after fighting Poseidon inherently.
meaning he'll just no sell practically anyone who isn't on the same level as him in non-haxed melee combat.

try making a skill match with him against taskmaster from marvel comics
Taskmaster would lose in a stomp. His fighting style is like a machine where everything you use on him works once but then he can use it and counter it. Kojiro has the capabilities of every swordsmaster of his era and also has Photographic Reflexes.

Decided to re-read the info provide about the spoilers and is says this for Tesla

Imagine and create... what people call God, I call the laws of physics...
Even God's miraculous power can be unraveled by science, and Tesla must have the answer in his head...!
Tesla imagined something that surpassed the power of that god, and with Gendul's help, was able to materialize it!

So essentially Tesla through science found that surpass the gods, but doesn't have the materials, so in combination with his science and the magic of the valkyries turning into weapons, Tesla can materialize that power.

It also goes on to say that Beelzebub is the scientist of the gods and he is using the aforementioned cane/walking stick as a weapon. The theme of this battle is going to be:

The science of GODS vs The science of MAN

I'm laughing at how Brunhild when said "magician" I was like "Rasputin?" and then she opened the doors, to a room full of notes. Not any sort of esoteric notes but equations. Those of a scientist. Naturally I am forced to ask "are they really going to have Tesla be that arrogant" and then Tesla's introduction happens to include a declaration that magic is a dumb word and that what he's doing is science.

Spoken like a true inventor. Don't act like this is some esoteric thing requiring you to search for some silly artifacts or dubiously real spirits. All that anyone needs to invent something is knowledge, creativity, and the will to apply it to create something new. The telegraph was the first step in creating technology to talk to people in all over the world. By the 1840s it was practically a miracle to be able to speak in morse code through massive wire systems but look at us now. Literally typing in a thread with people from various regions about a series with moving art. Probably with cameras in said devices too, meaning we could literally talk face to face with someone halfway around the world.

Maybe a century or two ago this would have seemed like magic but now... it's just science. Commonplace at that. So just as the culmination of all of Japanese Swordsmanship (at least before the Meiji Period where Okita fought) was able to slay a mighty god... then imagine what all of human science would do. Regardless of if Tesla will have everything up until his death in 1943 or if he will make use of future human progress... it's the concept of 10,000 to 100,000 (or more!) years of striving for something greater. For comparison Japan as a country is "only" about 2,700 years old, with the concept of a "sword" going back "just" another 1,000 years. This time gathering power is what will decide Ragnarök. Odin built armies that fell but Humanity has always built. Not for any singular purpose but always for ourselves.

Back