• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record Of Ragnarok Discussion Thread #1

I'm laughing at how Brunhild when said "magician" I was like "Rasputin?" and then she opened the doors, to a room full of notes. Not any sort of esoteric notes but equations. Those of a scientist. Naturally I am forced to ask "are they really going to have Tesla be that arrogant" and then Tesla's introduction happens to include a declaration that magic is a dumb word and that what he's doing is science.

Spoken like a true inventor. Don't act like this is some esoteric thing requiring you to search for some silly artifacts or dubiously real spirits. All that anyone needs to invent something is knowledge, creativity, and the will to apply it to create something new. The telegraph was the first step in creating technology to talk to people in all over the world. By the 1840s it was practically a miracle to be able to speak in morse code through massive wire systems but look at us now. Literally typing in a thread with people from various regions about a series with moving art. Probably with cameras in said devices too, meaning we could literally talk face to face with someone halfway around the world.

Maybe a century or two ago this would have seemed like magic but now... it's just science. Commonplace at that. So just as the culmination of all of Japanese Swordsmanship (at least before the Meiji Period where Okita fought) was able to slay a mighty god... then imagine what all of human science would do. Regardless of if Tesla will have everything up until his death in 1943 or if he will make use of future human progress... it's the concept of 10,000 to 100,000 (or more!) years of striving for something greater. For comparison Japan as a country is "only" about 2,700 years old, with the concept of a "sword" going back "just" another 1,000 years. This time gathering power is what will decide Ragnarök. Odin built armies that fell but Humanity has always built. Not for any singular purpose but always for ourselves.
Based post.

Chapter 67

It’s just like @AnAverageUsername said; there are no words to adequately describe that thing that torments Beelzebub, nothing in any human language.

I would say “I want to painfully kill it”, even with the unavoidable understatement, but how could I? In a literal sense I couldn’t, even if I had the power of Zeus and Adam combined.

It’s not just about the current host… I can feel deep down that Beelzebub’s death wouldn’t end this cycle. Just move it somewhere 💢

Alright, my predictions of the fight are:

•Over time as the fight progressee, Beelz ends up getting an attachment to Tesla, thus getting "close"
•Tesla ends up knocking out Beelz at one point, but since there could be a chance of Beelz getting an attachment to Tesla, Satan might appear

I saw in my dream this Tesla acknowledging that magic is a force just like physics, just a separate one.

I will start making it, but I won't publish it. It's better to wait for the fight to end and then post it.
i-underestimated-you-doctor-octopus.gif

So, what exactly is the reason behind Lu Bu Supersonic rating? It says he can create shockwaves "this fast" implying there is a calc for that. But it's not linked on the profile.

tesla makes lightning cage in whihc he can control the area.

tesla becomes faster but not too much faster, because he removes the acceleration process. SO instead of continuously stepping to increase speed, he goes max speed from the get go because he removes gravity around himself.

Potential immeasurable speed feat where he moves at a speed so fast it allows him to time travel (only for a second) and break through the concept of time.

Still waiting for proper translations for confirmation.

tesla makes lightning cage in whihc he can control the area.

tesla becomes faster but not too much faster, because he removes the acceleration process. SO instead of continuously stepping to increase speed, he goes max speed from the get go because he removes gravity around himself.

Potential immeasurable speed feat where he moves at a speed so fast it allows him to time travel (only for a second) and break through the concept of time.

Still waiting for proper translations for confirmation.
Yeah, saw the leaks. Mostly just the cool panels since I don't want to spoil too much. Immeasurable speed sounds interesting fr.

Btw, does anyone know when the chapter officially releases in Japan and maybe the website it gets published on?

Yeah, saw the leaks. Mostly just the cool panels since I don't want to spoil too much. Immeasurable speed sounds interesting fr.

Btw, does anyone know when the chapter officially releases in Japan and maybe the website it gets published on?
someone eventually releases the whole thing on twitter

Ah, that's too bad. Was hoping it could be found and read the same way OPM chapters does. Pretty sure you can read the entire chapter in Japanese when it releases. Oh well. Guess will have to wait for someone to translate it.
Well on some good news, Jack the Ripper getting his own spin off.. should of dropped yesterday or today

Yeah, I heard about that too. It looks amazing. Hoping we get more spin-offs in the future, especially for characters like Hades. All the Record of Ragnarok characters are interesting even if they have lesser screen-time which is why I want more spin-offs.

Yeah, I heard about that too. It looks amazing. Hoping we get more spin-offs in the future, especially for characters like Hades. All the Record of Ragnarok characters are interesting even if they have lesser screen-time which is why I want more spin-offs.
Honestly we need Zeus spin off, we literally get one or two panels of him about to fight or an end of a fight with the primordial gods who are supposedly some of the strongest beings to exist but never their fights, also the tournament which he won to establish himself as the strongest god.

Fun fact RAW
The weapon Beelz uses is the Staff of Apomyius which is regards the god who uses it as the strongest shield and spear among even the gods. It's name means "driving away the flies" in greek. If you swing it with your left hand, it will become a shield that repels the thunder of the Emperor, and if you swing it with your right hand, it will become a sword that can destroy even the armor of gods... Its amps Beelz potency so it doesn't scale to him physically, and its the reason he was able to harm Tesla's armor. So depending on the hand using it, it can either be the strongest defense or the strongest spear.

Honestly we need Zeus spin off, we literally get one or two panels of him about to fight or an end of a fight with the primordial gods who are supposedly some of the strongest beings to exist but never their fights, also the tournament which he won to establish himself as the strongest god.
I generally hope we get to see more of Titanomachia and the massive battles between Gods. Especially Hades and how he fought the giants. I don't really find Zeus as interesting as I would like myself but I do see great potential if more of his past is explored.

Last edited:
Record of Ragnarok has so much potential for side stories it’s less of a question of “will there be more spin-offs?” and more just “who will get their own story?”

So far it’s easier to say who I don’t think need/deserve their own story so I’ll do that:
  • Poseidon (F him)
  • Kojiro (he already has such a great arc from his time alive)
  • Raiden (same as Kojiro but only becasu
  • Zerofuku (There is room for a story we got much more of an arc for him than most)
  • Shiva (Same as Zerofuku)
The characters I most want to see are overwhelmingly QSH and Buddha for reasons that I couldn’t shut my mouth about when their fight was done.

We never learned why Buddha is a god and we never got to see QSH’s historical reasons for fighting Hades

The characters I most want to see are overwhelmingly QSH and Buddha for reasons that I couldn’t shut my mouth about when their fight was done.

We never learned why Buddha is a god and we never got to see QSH’s historical reasons for fighting Hades
I'd take Hades backstory over QSH any day. QSH already has plenty of screen-time while Hades barely got anything.

"You a big bro with a bident. Now fight this more fleshed out king with an interesting backstory and motivations with eye abilities that lets him feel the pain and emotions of others making him even more likable. Also, he can disrupt your balance with air bubbles, have good defense, and redirect your attacks with an awesome fighting style where even the most skilled swordsman wants to fight him."

Just read chapter 70. Apparently there will also be chapter 71 translated, just split into 2 parts due to how big it is.

I will say, it's really cool. Tesla has some cold af lines, especially the last one. A bit more is expanded upon Beelzebubs name, like how 1 part brings good and the other brings destruction. That and the way it works with his vibrations thematically is also well done. One one hand it's cool that Beelzebub is referred to as the god with the strongest spear and shield, but on the other, a bit disappointed he uses a staff that amplifies his power several times iirc.

Still have to wait for chapter 71 to be translated but so far the fight is solid. Has the potential to be the most well-rounded fight. Good abilities, good backstories (I hope Tesla gets one), and the audience is also fun, especially Edison.

One hand it's cool that Beelzebub is referred to as the god with the strongest spear and shield, but on the other, a bit disappointed he uses a staff that amplifies his power several times iirc.
i think that this is for the better, beel is already very strong and having the strongest "spear and shield" in base would make satan too op

Oh my freaking gosh Tesla is so cool

At this rate he’ll probably surpass QSH and maybe even Buddha as my favorite character.

The manga ended on such a cliffhanger. I'm just mad. Like, how you about to do us like this. Another month of painful waiting.

Aside from the painful cliffhanger, great chapter. Tesla is really cool. The thing I'm most glad about is the statemen that Beelzebub has one of the best fighting senses in the underworld. At first I was worried he will have a lot of power but won't know how to use it to it's full extent. Glad that didn't happen. But yeah, Tesla definitely pulled some insane speed feat. I don't know if it's really supposed to be infinite speed but the blitz definitely made it seem that way. Also the final attack looked pretty cool. Hoping we get some form of statement for how powerful it is next chapter.

But yeah, amazing fight. Overall the best we have gotten so far, let's just hope the pacing doesn't slow down.

But yeah, Tesla definitely pulled some insane speed feat. I don't know if it's really supposed to be infinite speed but the blitz definitely made it seem that way.
Didn’t Hermes explain that it wasn’t a speed boost and “just” an instant acceleration?
The manga ended on such a cliffhanger. I'm just mad. Like, how you about to do us like this. Another month of painful waiting.
Isn’t this every time?

Back