• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record Of Ragnarok Discussion Thread #1

Paul Bunyan, Sun Tzu, and some public domain peeps would work but aren’t what I’m looking for. Don’t know much about him but the Red Baron might work for WWII.

Audie Murphy I can imagine but admit this is in large part because of Texas bias. Also Muhammad Ali could be changed around but I don’t know how they could do that without (at least seemingly) copying Baki.

Also this is something important unrelated to that search: Sun Wukong.

I don't think it's very good lmao.

Basically just poor formatting and lack of scans and justifications, really.

Whats exactly wrong with it?
Qin doesn't exactly hold any of his own feats that put him Planet level beyond powerscaling, whats there to make Scans of or justify beyond that?

Pretty sure only a few RoR profiles actually have their own scans, which are the ones justifiably there because they talk about things that scale every character like Zeus' Speed and general God statements. Qin hasnt got any of those and doesnt set a precedent as of yet

Yes, you need scans for that. You need scans for the abilities as well. And references.
Pretty sure only a few RoR profiles actually have their own scans, which are the ones justifiably there because they talk about things that scale every character like Zeus' Speed and general God statements. Qin hasnt got any of those and doesnt set a precedent as of yet
Plenty of RoR profiles have their own scans that can be used, what are you smoking lmao.

You really don't as long as you link the profiles that compile to the feats?
What, am i supposed to post the panel of Qin killing Hades, despite the major spoiler? There doesnt need to be that much handholding, cause its not exactly a controversial take. Do you think Qin or Hades arent on the level of the rest of the cast?

Not really? The abilities all link to a page on the wiki itself for that section, and theres nothing false, wrong or unbelievable about all his listed techniques? Scans are usually only necessary for statements, not 'showing that this character can use this power'. Thats just unnecessary.

Tbf theres scans on a good few, didnt much notice cause of how unnecessary a ton of em are despite the poor wording (Shiva was hardly scared of Zeus, and more so mildly intimidated. Shiva was very willing to fight Zeus there and then but let it go, and isn't scared to mouth off as a chief of his own pantheon), and thats only in AP justifications, but quite frankly i dont see why its the make or break of a good page when its pretty sound logic in itself that links pages?
Not really my style of making a page to shove a bunch of imgurs for absolutely every point. You do it if you're so concerned abt it but frankly it doesnt seem like justifications that need scans as a necessity, this aint Respect Thread reddit

Think whatever you want. I personally think that for abilities that aren't blatantly obvious(they are not blatantly obvious here) should have both scans and references, and "we ain't Respect Thread reddit" isn't an excuse for not properly justifying an ability. We're an indexing site, if we don't have evidence for what we index, then we're not properly indexing, that's just a fact.

Just note that this is just my personal view on what makes a good page. Think whatever you want, again, as it isn't that big of a deal in the long run.

What ability isn't obvious here and needs a scan to sound believable that he has this power? Thats fine with shaky statements like Thor and Shiva, which need point of reference because they arent directly shown feats, but are ppl just gonna think we made up abilities because they arent properly scanned?

And there is evidence, it just doesnt need to be constantly repeated and splatted over every indirect scale. Qin nor Hades have nothing directly in this fight that shows they're on par with the other fighters, though its painfully obvious they are. They don't set precedents and ergo its not essential to have them, because why would it sound unbelievable otherwise for these two fighters to be on equal footing with them all?

You scan them if you want but I wanted to avoid some of the long winded explanations other RoR pages have

Obviously for saying things like "Qin/Hades shouldn't be much faster than the other fighters" or obvious things like that do not require scans.

But for things such as Qi Sensing, Air Manipulation, and Pain Manipulation via Mirror Touch Synesthesia, you would need to provide scans from the manga explaining those abilities. You'd need to show scans of characters harming characters and shit like that for AP as well, especially from specific fights.

And you don't even need long-winded explanations, deadass just upload scans to imgur and link them on the page. If it's a problem with the shit you'll have to type than that's understandable but that doesn't change the fact that the size of the page when being read doesn't change at all if you legit just link an imgur scan.

I've already explained those abilities in Notable Attacks/Techniques, what that section is for. Whose going to think I made that entire thing up, especially when its meant to be abridging these abilities from the entire fight? Why do I need scans proving they exist when its not up in the air in the first place? Thats just overdoing it, and what i mean by the fact that these pages arent Respect Threads.

Theres literally several instances where Qin harms Hades. The whole plot beat of this fight is...a fight, between these two characters. Super unnecessary cause its basically a given and nothing that requires elaboration with a scan. Its not like theres any specific fights that exist, given the whole plot of this manga is a bunch of fights between two characters who dont have any notable scaled battles of that calibur with anyone else.

Its less about the size, and more about the fact you're expecting me to have to link and provide a scan for every single power and ability the character has (Which i dont see scans for on any other pages outside of their AP). Its only applicable if its relating to specific circumstances maybe, like a scan of whether or not something affects on the atomic level or shaky claims like that, not 'Qin can hurt Hades in his only fight shown if that wasn't completely obvious' and 'This is the proof that Qin has his signature ability'. Thats respect thread level territory, Vs battle wiki pages dont need to scan every single line.

I've already explained those abilities in Notable Attacks/Techniques, what that section is for. Whose going to think I made that entire thing up, especially when its meant to be abridging these abilities from the entire fight? Why do I need scans proving they exist when its not up in the air in the first place? Thats just overdoing it, and what i mean by the fact that these pages arent Respect Threads.
There is no "overdoing it". Just explaining it in the Notable Attacks/Techniques section and disregarding the need for actual tangible evidence from the manga makes it seem like your to lazy or something, there's no "overdoing" it. We index shit, if you don't actually index it with stuff that people looking at the profile can click on and see, then, what exactly is the point of just writing it down? I prefer to be thorough, and if it means I have to "overdo" it then so be it.
Theres literally several instances where Qin harms Hades. The whole plot beat of this fight is...a fight, between these two characters. Super unnecessary cause its basically a given and nothing that requires elaboration with a scan. Its not like theres any specific fights that exist, given the whole plot of this manga is a bunch of fights between two characters who dont have any notable scaled battles of that calibur with anyone else.
Okay? The problem with this is that not everybody just passing through is gonna know how the fight actually went down. Again, I prefer to be more thorough and "overdo" it then just write it down and pretend that I couldn't have done more.
Its less about the size, and more about the fact you're expecting me to have to link and provide a scan for every single power and ability the character has (Which i dont see scans for on any other pages outside of their AP). Its only applicable if its relating to specific circumstances maybe, like a scan of whether or not something affects on the atomic level or shaky claims like that, not 'Qin can hurt Hades in his only fight shown if that wasn't completely obvious' and 'This is the proof that Qin has his signature ability'. Thats respect thread level territory, Vs battle wiki pages dont need to scan every single line.
I'm not saying scan every single line. I'm saying scan what needs to be scanned. A wrong does not make a right, don't use other pages as a standard for how you format your own pages. I do deadass expect you to provide scans for everything that needs to be, and if you don't want to do that then it is completely up to you, I'll just do it myself.

Instead of arguing about it though I'm deadass just gonna start on a rework of the profile rn lmao.

There really is. You dont need to scan and prove every single main ability the characters have, the pages are meant as easy reliable indexes that list those abilities for you. Theres no need to fill the page with tons of scans to prove it Qi can 'see Qi cruxes' or 'make air bubbles'. Excessive and filling it with too many links.

If theyre not familiar with the series then they wont have any actual critique or disbelief since they dont actually know the franchise? Like, someone who doesnt know how the fight goes in a manga they dont know just gonna suddenly take issue with a power listing cause it isnt being linked? Then its clearly on them.

I really dont think It matters what you expect of me personally. I just don't see the need for having to link and scan every single ability the character has when it hasnt got any intricate details like something Adams would, or need to scan every instance of Qin fighting and harming Hades, in a fight he wins btw. This isn't a Respect Thread. Only a few RoR profiles have scans of the abilities, and the APs have a bunch of longwinded explanations just for the sake of squeezing in scans.
Again, way too excessive

Aight, Im guessing i should expect you to scan every single ability and line of Qins attacks and techniques? Good luck finding some scan that directly links Qin or Hades to the rest of the cast. They dont hold any big statements.
Dont see what you have to rework when its just you setting scans on every line that you think people need proof of

If you don't think it matters what I expect of you then why exactly are you responding and arguing on standards that are, ultimately, subjective. Go do something else with you're life. I know i am lol.

You don't need scans to prove every ability, like superhuman physicality is fine without it. But things like extraordinary senses or power null need examples showcasing how they work and if in fact are those abilities.

In fact, verses have been getting crt'd for not having supplementary evidence.

You don't need scans to prove every ability, like superhuman physicality is fine without it. But things like extraordinary senses or power null need examples showcasing how they work and if in fact are those abilities.

In fact, verses have been getting crt'd for not having supplementary evidence.
Obviously you don't need scans for obvious shit like that lmfao. That wasn't my point.

If you don't think it matters what I expect of you then why exactly are you responding and arguing on standards that are, ultimately, subjective. Go do something else with you're life. I know i am lol.
Sure love the 'Oh you must care because you're still here' argument like thats actually a legitimate point. Its still just weird you expect me to scan every single power and ability for Qin for it to be a 'good page', when its just so unnecessary in this case.
This is why i don't like @Jinx666 at all lel
And i dont even know who you are lol

Sure love the 'Oh you must care because you're still here' argument like thats actually a legitimate point. Its still just weird you expect me to scan every single power and ability for Qin for it to be a 'good page', when its just so unnecessary in this case.
It wasn't an argument. I'm saying if you legitimately do not care about my opinion or my standards, then you should go do something more profitable with your time than arguing with me. This is, again, ultimately a subjective thing, and I can very well just do it myself, something I said I would do, if you took the time to read.

If you also took the time to read more thoroughly, you would be able to comprehend that I am not saying "scan everything", I am saying scan everything relevant. You did neither. You didn't scan at all. You added no evidence for anything. That is, objectively, a poor standard for a site that indexes information. If you don't care about evidence, then as I said, feel free to go do something more enjoyable with your time, as again, I can just do it myself and save much more time and effort because I can very easily procure the relevant evidence and apply it in a timely manner, unlike yourself, who seems to be to lazy to take the time to properly provide evidence.

Ill do with my time how I want, i'm pretty free rn. I dont need you being condescending over a Vs battle wiki page. 'Took the time to read' smh, Ppl rly must think they're hot when they go tell others how to use their own time like they havent also been sitting here arguing

Yeah, because
A) Qin doesnt set any precedent for AP other than the usual 'comparable to other RoR fighters', so what it there to scan for AP?
B) Im not gonna sit here and scan every instance of Qin harming Hades in a fight he wins.
C) You're expecting me to scan and prove all of Qins main showcased abilities like those need evidence to be on the page, and acting like i havent explained it when the entire section is there. Excessive.

Again, we arent r/RespectThread, and theres no expected 'standard' for scans in every single page thats not even going to be argued, because you think someone who doesnt know RoR at all is going to not believe it. Its fine with specific cases thats in like, one manga panel that is constantly referred like Shiva/Thors statements but you deadass expecting me to fill the entire page with blue text for all of Qins powers/abilities that have already been explained in page and arent some niche controversial take. At best I can see you providing a scan for when Qin briefly foddered Ares since thats before R7 started, but like anyones gonna doubt in the first place A fighter in Ragnarok > Ares

The difference here is that I actually want to argue, though. I'm willingly doing this with my time and enjoy arguing, I want to hear your opinion and I want to refute it with my own. You don't seem to be much enjoying this, though. I just figured you'd have other things you'd like to do with your time, but, perhaps that was presumptuous of me. As you said, it's your time, so do whatever you want with it.

A) Qin doesnt set any precedent for AP other than the usual 'comparable to other RoR fighters', so what it there to scan for AP?
He doesn't need to set a precedent and this is blatantly incorrect as you have indeed mentioned feats on the profile such as Qin manhandling Ares, or Qin defeating Chi You, or Qin destroying Hades' Ichor: Desmos, or anything akin to that. All relevant pieces of info that evidence should be provided for.
B) Im not gonna sit here and scan every instance of Qin harming Hades in a fight he wins.
I never said that you had to do that. I am saying that you have to provide evidence for anything relevant. There are many relevant events and instances listed on this profile that should very well have evidence provided for them, for the sake of indexing. For example, all of his abilities in his horribly formatted Powers and Abilities section. Absolutely no evidence listed for abilities that should very well have it. Your explanations do not mean anything when you do no provide the relevant evidence to support them. It makes it seem like you are, very well, talking out of your ass.
C) You're expecting me to scan and prove all of Qins main showcased abilities like those need evidence to be on the page, and acting like i havent explained it when the entire section is there. Excessive.
Yeah, I do very well expect you to do just this. Explanations need to come with relevant evidence to back them up. Pages do not do that are not the best. They do not deserve deletion, nor are they the worst things in the world, but they are not the best. That is what we call a bad page. And bad pages aren't inexcusable, they can be fixed. Which is what I am going to do.
Again, we arent r/RespectThread, and theres no expected 'standard' for scans in every single page thats not even going to be argued, because you think someone who doesnt know RoR at all is going to not believe it. Its fine with specific cases thats in like, one manga panel that is constantly referred like Shiva/Thos statements but you deadass expecting me to fill the entire page with blue text for all of Qins powers/abilities that have already been explained.
Yeah, it's my standard. My personal standard, my personal opinion that I shared on a discussion thread where we can freely discuss our opinion on a series and its pages. I think it is a poor page, but that is, ultimately, my subjective opinion, something I personally believe. If you don't agree with my standard then just say that, I shared my opinion, you shared yours, and in the end there is nothing we can do to stop each other than bicker like little children, something your getting really close to doing.

And I'm not? Im not on Vs battle wiki NOT to debate lmao. It just sounds like your plea to get me to shut up. Dude fr thinks he knows the 'difference' like hes the only one here who can afford to waste their time with this, its so condescending

'He doesn't need to set a precedent and this is blatantly incorrect as you have indeed mentioned feats on the profile such as Qin manhandling Ares, or Qin defeating Chi You, or Qin destroying Hades' Ichor: Desmos, or anything akin to that. All relevant pieces of info that evidence should be provided for.'

Those arent what i mean by precedents. Beating Ares isnt new, Qin harming Gods as a human isnt new, and Qin destroying a Divine Weapon also isnt new. This literally all happens in the one fight hes in, and im not sitting there posting the entire fight to go with it. Precedents should be feats that stand on their own rather than Powerscaling.

'Yeah, I do very well expect you to do just this. Explanations need to come with relevant evidence to back them up. Pages do not do that are not the best. They do not deserve deletion, nor are they the worst things in the world, but they are not the best. That is what we call a bad page. And bad pages aren't inexcusable, they can be fixed. Which is what I am going to do.'

Jesus christ shut up. Its not a 'bad page' because we dont treat it like some respect thread. Literally most of the pages on this wiki dont overload every single point with a bunch of blue text. If anything, too much blue text among the 'Powers and Abilities' category for brackets makes it harder to see and pick out individual power listings because theres no meaningful highlighting. You saying all this is like you're expecting ppl to prove that Dio can Time stop, or Goku can perform a damn Kamehameha. If its not controversial or subjective, which none of Qins kit is, then its not dictated by scans.
Then you sit there and wonder why I havent 'read properly' and think you literally want me to scan every instance of Powers and Abilities.
What pages have you made, pray tell?

Yeah, something im getting really close to doing lmao. Just me, obviously you're the beacon of reason here and have taken the moral highground.
I just dont see why you see it as a 'bad page' when this is literally the same for the vast majority of pages on this wiki, like its something inferior. Go look at respect threads if you cant trust even a sentence of whats linked, but I can just tell you love tryna demean what other ppl do cause its not to your excessive standards fr.

Back