• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone here happen to know what the average mass of a shark would be?

I'm asking for a feat that involves lifting every shark in the world. The entire population - all species.

Searching for this gives mixed results, so I'm curious about what would be acceptable to use on the wiki.

Oh well, attack potency was upgraded so.. new changes.

• Chimpanzee: 1.5 times stronger than a human, so 60*1.5 = 90 Joules, easy.
  • Australophitecus: Give them outright 10-B+, they are at least comparable as male humans based on this.
  • Dogo Argentino: Can easily kill humans too based on their profile, so 10-B+?, since includes male humans, or just 10-A?
calc based on male human 10-B+
Okay, I applied it.
Would anyone here happen to know what the average mass of a shark would be?

I'm asking for a feat that involves lifting every shark in the world. The entire population - all species.

Searching for this gives mixed results, so I'm curious about what would be acceptable to use on the wiki.
Depends on the shark, obviously.. you mean the entire population of great white sharks?, anyways, for the average the formula is: (Lowest-end + Highest-end) / 2 = average quantity

Sorry for the bump but I find an issue..

Also, I feel like using 2 ft is better anyways
  • 10000 lbf * 2 ft = in the 27000 joules range..
But I don't see consistent the 10000 lbf thing due to lion swipe force, so maybe downgrading this to bone crush? (9000 joules as common reference feats), not sure.

What do we currently need to do here?
This: vvv

But I don't see consistent the 10000 lbf thing due to lion swipe force, so maybe downgrading this to bone crush? (9000 joules as common reference feats), not sure.
This will downgrade all the bears to 9-C+, including smilodon and others.. so..

What's the issue with the current rating for tigers/bears?
10000 lbf is exaggerated compared to the one of lion & bears, also, the actual source of it says of 18000 lbf, also is better to use 2 ft imo

IIRC that website isn't reliable as they are simply converting from KE values.

10 000 pounds comes from that National Geography documentary thing, does seem exaggerated compared to the lion one but that one kinda came from a random source.

What's the value for bear paw swipes?
Thank you for helping out. 🙏

10 000 pounds comes from that National Geography documentary thing, does seem exaggerated compared to the lion one but that one kinda came from a random source.
I think the source is also a bit sus, since I didn't find any study of 10000 lbf thing so is unreliable to use I think..
What's the value for bear paw swipes?
I found this:
though-
IIRC that website isn't reliable as they are simply converting from KE values.
Yeah- I found many pages to do it just for getting swipe force, maybe is some of method or nah?
847112177923260456.webp

There just exists that, but also multiple sources of lbf things without any study or something else.. Even in the page of tiger says a much less value and lions swipe force hare much less than Tiger ones, which don't make much sense at all.. I want an actual study of it, because it seems unreliable.

Would anyone here happen to know what the number of joules of a horse's kicks would be and if it scales to its durability?

It concerns a feat of an 8-year-old character who tanked the kicks (or the kick, because we don't really know) of a horse and another who killed a horse with a single punch.

Would anyone here happen to know what the number of joules of a horse's kicks would be and if it scales to its durability?

It concerns a feat of an 8-year-old character who tanked the kicks (or the kick, because we don't really know) of a horse and another who killed a horse with a single punch.
For more info, ask my friend @DarlingAurora, though an animal of class 5 LS is usually considered 9-B unless context states otherwise. Though I'd consider the feat 9-C since horses are at class 1 LS & rather big animals:Free photo: Person Riding Horse - Action, Mammal, Seated - Free ...
if the horse is healthy, fit & at least 1000 kg in weight, then consider the feat "Street level." (though you'll have to contact @DarlingAurora or any knowledgable member of IRL animals to see if a 1 tonne+ horse is 9-B or not).

The thing that complicates things is the surface area of the horse's hoof. Unless if the character routinely survives/physically does feats at 9-C or is a case of raw strength like in the real world, it would be an issue of an 8-year-old child being 9-C/9-B in durability since IRL children are 10-C in strength. Besides we shouldn't make babies have peak human in durability.

A case raw strength for example, is like how a Leopard can take down an adult gorilla despite usually taking on weaker ones, being out-weighed by them & usually targeting the neck of the animal. It's implied that the strength of a Gorilla would make it hard for the Leopard to kill it but they have strong jaw muscles nonetheless.

Last edited:
(though you'll have to contact @DarlingAurora or any knowledgable member of IRL animals to see if a 1 tonne+ horse is 9-B or not).
I especially hope that the number of joules is possible to determine for their kicks.

The thing that complicates things is the surface area of the horse's hoof. Unless if the character routinely survives/physically does feats at 9-C or is a case of raw strength like in the real world, it would be an issue of an 8-year-old child being 9-C/9-B in durability since IRL children are 10-C in strength. Besides we shouldn't make babies have peak human in durability.
Don't worry, the characters in this verse are already 9-C and often perform superhuman feats (like killing horses with a single punch )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back