• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

READ THE OP. Naruto: The Main Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP seems reasonable.

Also, IMHO, light fang really seems like an attack that works like a laser (Not like it can't be dodged, but more like there is no medium which can block it without some serious repercussions, like getting a hole burned into your head).

It's about the speed so..

"A ninjutsu used by those who gained the six paths power, they emit a beam of light to bisect the enemy. Like a sharp and pointed fang, it cuts all things with the speed of light, making it impossible for the enemy to evade even one swing."

Well let's start with the first sentence, that it's used by those with six paths power. It was only used by Madara, despite several other six paths users never using it, so that's false.

"It cuts at the speed of light making it impossible to evade one swing" is wrong. If it's a true beam of light, it doesn't cut, but pierces in a straight line. It can only cut, or create shear force, due to Madara swinging his head, which I'm pretty certain there's no evidence he swings his head at light speed.

Plus this doesn't meet any light criteria.

This seems reasonable, I don't see any real reason for why it shouldn't be at the speed of light given how its described in the raw scans. I agree with OP.

I thought one of the books described them as light generated by the Force Crystals inside them and enhanced by Jedi and Sith's force amplification. Or something like that, but this is a Naruto thread and not a Star Wars one.

We don't always use the databook as a source, only when it's consistent with the showings of the manga. As in, case-by-case basis.

Callsign Castle said:
It's about the speed so..
"A ninjutsu used by those who gained the six paths power, they emit a beam of light to bisect the enemy. Like a sharp and pointed fang, it cuts all things with the speed of light, making it impossible for the enemy to evade even one swing."

Well let's start with the first sentence, that it's used by those with six paths power. It was only used by Madara, despite several other six paths users never using it, so that's false.

"It cuts at the speed of light making it impossible to evade one swing" is wrong. If it's a true beam of light, it doesn't cut, but pierces in a straight line. It can only cut, or create shear force, due to Madara swinging his head, which I'm pretty certain there's no evidence he swings his head at light speed.

Plus this doesn't meet any light criteria.
" that it's used by those with six paths power. It was only used by Madara, despite several other six paths users never using it, so that's false."

I think this kinda shows the level of the argument that you're making and i'm not sure why i'm bothering to reply to this but, just becuase it's used by someone with six paths power and only that someone with six paths power doesn't mean everyone can have it, this is the equivalent of saying the six paths mode in the databook entry is wrong because it says it can be gained by six paths power doesn't apply to everyone

" If it's a true beam of light, it doesn't cut, but pierces in a straight line."

Except this is referring to the swing, if it pierces then it can also cut if swung

Not to mention Cut has many definitions, one of which is

"remove (something) from something larger by using a sharp implement.", which works in this situation regardless of if light pierces or not

"Plus this doesn't meet any light criteria."

This is either blatantly ignorant of our light based rules or you haven't read them.

@Callsign

Dude ya serious? again DBZ characters can use their Ki to cut things and we still consider that light so why u sitting here saying that just cause it cuts it's not light???

If ya disagree that's understandable but at least and PLEASE use a better argument then that

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
@BlackeJan

Generic ki attacks aren't accepted as natural light. The characters themselves are just vastly above light speed so that it doesn't matter btw.
Then how r they even LS then?im sure we consider them SoL cause of their energy blast

M3X said:
The scans say ÒüÉ, which means either "protect" or "block". Dodge is ÒüïÒéÅ. So, it is not impossible to dodge, but block or protect.

• Stated to be made of light
  • Stated to go at the speed of light
  • Does not bend
With these statements, i think it is lightspeed, i'm not against this upgrade.

I will edit the page then, we waited so long for peoples to comment here. If they have an inssue, we can discuss again

So I agree the beam is lightspeed but uhh

How does this scale to madara's attack speed.

He isn't swinging his head at the speed of light.

At best you could argue shooting the beam out of his mouth is lightspeed but he has never used it like that

The argument was for the beam only LOL

madara swinging his head is just his aiming speed, not the speed of the actual beam itself

It's supposed to scale to madara's attack speed but he has never used lightfang just to shoot the beam

He shot the beam out then swung

Other than that yeah the beam is lightspeed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back