• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

READ THE OP. Naruto: The Main Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Japanese and the translation is fine.

And why do people say "it can't be dodged" when the more accurate translation is "it can't be blocked"?

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
@Tata
Try not to be a dick okay?

Anyways like I said before, you should contact the multiple staff members who rejected this before. Because as far as I can tell there isn't anything new here.
My apologies if that's how i appeared.

I'm fine with arguing this with whomever because honestly this point should've been finished months ago but the arguments against it were just as bad back then.

Damage3245 said:
Hmm; those 'laser circus' jutsu do appear to be bending though, which light wouldn't do.
No one is saying they're LS or act like natural light, just that they're light based attacks

If anything LF probably acts like Natural light becuase it's made of senjutsu, whereas Laser circus isn't.

ShiroyashaGinSan said:
And why do people say "it can't be dodged" when the more accurate translation is "it can't be blocked"?
Interesting, every translations i've seen says dodge not block. ( even in the op)

Because again, it raises the question if the statement is valid in the 1st place. Hell I can even argue it isn't made of light since it's storm release which is a combination of water and lightning.

I'm new here but I felt like I had to put this out there. I feel like saying Storm Release isn't light because it is made of Water and Lightning chakra is the equivalent of saying Explosion release isn't actually an explosion because it is composed of Lightning and Earth release. Or like saying Ice Release isn't really ice because it is composed of Water and Wind release. I'm just trying to say that trying to disprove Madara's Storm release attack by saying its component parts don't actually form light when combined isn't really a good argument in my opinion. There's a handful of elemental Kekkei Genkai whose composing elements wouldn't actually combine to form them in reality.

Whether Senjutsu actually is a relevant factor is impossible to determine.

But I find it interesting that Storm release produces 'lasers' which do not behave like real light. And we have to consider whether this other Storm release technique acts like real light.

@Jvando

I believe in one of the novels Sasuke created Ice release by using 2 seperate ones. I only brought it up because light is incredibly strict on this site, so that can be used as evidence that it isn't made of photons.

Damage3245 said:
Whether Senjutsu actually is a relevant factor is impossible to determine.
But I find it interesting that Storm release produces 'lasers' which do not behave like real light. And we have to consider whether this other Storm release technique acts like real light.
Which isn't relevant because Light fang does behave like real light, and Senjutsu should be a relevant factor considering using "natural energy" is further proof for some verses in here accepted with LS attacks.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
I only brought it up because light is incredibly strict on this site,
Light isn't so strict, you just need a Legit Lightspeed statemate or just light proprieties such as refraction and straight light, being called "beam of light" or "light" isn't enough

But the point is, it is stated to move at the speed of light and the databook itself said that it is made of light, so what "Storm Release" point means btw? Like, as Jvando said, a lot of elements are made of another elements, thats the in verse thing, I dont think we should discard an information just because of his "release"

@Tata; would you say that the elements in Naruto shouldn't be treated as being exactly like the real thing unless they use natural energy?

ShiroyashaGinSan said:
if thats true then i dont even know where did we got dodged lol

also LF swing = sol cuz DB said so bold

A ninjutsu used by those who gained the six paths power, they emit a beam of light to bisect the enemy. Like a sharp and pointed fang, it cuts all things with the speed of light, making it impossible for the enemy to evade even one swing.

Damage3245 said:
@Tata; would you say that the elements in Naruto shouldn't be treated as being exactly like the real thing unless they use natural energy?
Not really, it should be case by case

But in this case it's clear LF acts as real light does and it being made of natural energy is simply MORE proof rather than Less

Damage3245 said:
normal chakra also came from NE/part of NE

+they act as real elements at-least lighting elements

Why do people take what the databook says way too literally? There r some things that requires common sense to know that the things they said that to entice the readers.

"It can't be dodged" is something to hype up any readers cause if it can't be dodged then why did someone dodged it?

Japanese words are weird, it changes depending on the context. This seems to be blocked because avoid can be true if it's like emergency and such. Using Fusegu as dodged feels.....weird as Japanese without context.

yes thats fine by me

jap one words mean lots of things

so with that along is not enough to discard lf anymore

There is no reason not to agree with Ranton Kouga, as possessing the Speed of Light. As far as I read the OP topic, the discussion about whether or not Naruto has deviated from the LF is not on the agenda, so that is irrelevant.

Returning to the topic, we have concrete proof that LF has the speed of light, since:

• He goes straight line.
• It is shown cut / burn like a real laser.
• It is said to be a beam of light (You can ignore it, but it helps a bit, in my opinion).
• It is said to possess the speed of light.
• It has natural energy / Senjutsu, shown to be basically the cosmic energy of the planets and stars.

That is, Madara has an attack on the speed of light, in my opinion, is completely legitimate and honest.

Now, going back to Naruto to have dodge or not ...

In particular, I do not agree with the feat, simply because I am not very adept at accepting scenes of Anime, but to what it indicates, since the scene in Anime does not contradict anything in the manga [and in this case does not contradict], the anime can be used in this wikia).
However, saying that Naruto dodge from Madara's head movement is simply a headcanon, since nothing indicates in MANGA that he did so, as nothing indicates that Naruto dodged the LF.
Take either one, via manga ... In my opinion, it's simply a mistake.
The scene in the manga is simply horrible.

No one can prove that Naruto dodged Madara's head movement.
We do not see Madara releasing the jutsu from her mouth.
We do not actually see Madara shake her head, trying to bisect Naruto.
We just see the conclusion of the attack and Naruto dodging something. which obviously indicates that in the manga, the scene is extremely rushed/incomplete.
And in Anime, the same scene (Naruto dodging the head movement of Madara) is seen, but we know how the scene occurred in Anime.

This is my general opinion ...
• I agree with the OP about Madara having an attack on the speed of light.
• I remain neutral about whether or not Naruto has dodge the LF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back