• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arcker fails at calculations for an hour (Dishonored Revisions: Part 1.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcker123

He/Him
Yeah so I was reading the Dishonored comics again and decided to calc some feats I saw there.

So yeah we got a Hypersonic combat speed and Subsonic movement sped calc for the verse. I suggest we implement the calcs to profiles, and thus update their speed ratings. On profile the ratings will look like this for instance:
Speed: Subsonic movement speed (Can blitz people from several meters away), Hypersonic+ combat and reaction speed (Can dodge and react to bullets, even to the point of cutting them before they can even leave the barrel[Statistics Values 2]), higher perception and reaction speeds with Reflexes (Allows Emily to think and act in slow motion when triggered[2])
The 9-A Dishonored cast should all scale to these values as they all scale to Emily/relative to each other. The cast already scaled to Subsonic, so scaling them to Far Reach's pull in a short distance is consistent. They're are also no anti feats for them being Hypersonic in combat and reactions as well.

Edit: If this gets accepted, i'll only update Corvo, Emily, and Daud since i've already revised them. I'll update the rest of the cast in part 2 when I completely finish their profiles, which should be soonish.

Last edited:
I adjusted the subsonic calc as well using the recalculated forearm stuff, so our calcs are all up to date

Yes? Her guns wouldn't be the average flintlock due to the amount of upgrades it gets over a normal pistol, and even if it was, It wouldn't change the speed at which she can swing a sword and such.
Ah yes, using a gun when you can move well over 10x its speed. Simply an outlier.

Using Guns isn't an outlier by any standard for your speed at all. What weapons you use has no bearing on the speed you can attack/move/react to physically.
It does though... If you use a gun but you're calced at 10x the speed of that gun why would you use it ? It just shows that what you calced is an outlier.
We have characters with MHS+ combat speed who use Subsonic weapons lmao, but in the interest of avoiding Whataboutisms i'll mention it in passing.
Don't use other series as justification for why this series doesn't cap out at bullet level speeds. Other series can be handled in their own threads.

It does though... If you use a gun but you're calced at 10x the speed of that gun why would you use it ? It just shows that what you calced is an outlier.
Because guns offer more versality than speed.

Do you think every character in fiction who uses a gun (even ones like in Dishonored which use esoteric non real life power sources but whatever) is inherently supersonic or below?
Don't use other series as justification for why this series doesn't cap out at bullet level speeds. Other series can be handled in their own threads.
but in the interest of avoiding Whataboutisms i'll mention it in passing.

Because guns offer more versality than speed.
A gun and a sword/katana are no different if you can move the sword/katana at speeds massively faster then the gun.
Do you think every character in fiction who uses a gun (even ones like in Dishonored which use esoteric non real life power sources but whatever) is inherently supersonic or below?
This is not justification dude. You could destroy a mountain with your fire powers and still be superhuman speed wise. This changes nothing.

A gun and a sword/katana are no different if you can move the sword/katana at speeds massively faster then guns.
Range. It doesn't matter if I can swing my sword at hypersonic speed if I don't have the range that a gun that moves at supersonic speeds does.

Also, Dishonored guns have far more versatility than this, the bullets can explode and destablise electronics. Speed is not the only reason they use guns, you could not prove that.

It just doesn't follow that using a gun means your combat speed is slower, especially when you are stated and shown consistently to be able to react to the bullets speed any way (Reflexes in DIshonored's case).
This is not justification dude. You could destroy a mountain with your fire powers and still be superhuman speed wise. This changes nothing.
That was a question, one you did not answer, and your analogy is completely irrelevant to the question asked.

If using a gun means any speed above Supersonic is an outlier, than it just follows that you think every character in fiction who uses guns is Supersonic or slower, which is a ridiculous position to hold.

Range. It doesn't matter if I can swing my sword at hypersonic speed if I don't have the range that a gun that moves at supersonic speeds does.
I haven't read the series so I don't know if she only uses her gun at long ranges. I'd also like to say... You can throw a sword.....
Also, Dishonored guns have far more versatility than this, the bullets can explode and destablise electronics. Speed is not the only reason they use guns, you could not prove that.
I haven't read the series which is why I hope staff who have can read my debunk.
If using a gun means any speed above Supersonic is an outlier, than it just follows that you think every character in fiction who uses guns is Supersonic or slower, which is a ridiculous position to hold.
No, its not. You're also straw manning my argument. I never said every character in fiction who uses guns is supersonic ?

I haven't read the series so I don't know if she only uses her gun at long ranges. I'd also like to say... You can throw a sword.....
Lmao, you can't read a video game now can you.

Can she make her sword explode or disrupt electronics or ricochet of surfaces like her bullets can?
I haven't read the series which is why I hope staff who have can read my debunk.
You haven't even debunked my versatility argument. You just admitted you can't.

This argument is entirely fallacious and unironically is defeated by "fiction though." Guns in fiction are not anti feats for above supersonic speeds for a variety of reasons, some of which I explained here f
No, its not. You're also straw manning my argument. I never said every character in fiction who uses guns is supersonic ?
That's what your argument entails.

If using a gun means any speed above supersonic is an outlier, then there can't be characters who use guns yet are above supersonic. Any speed feat above supersonic would just be an outlier due to the fact they use a a gun.

Last edited:
Seeing as I haven't read the comics I'll just address my problems with the calc.

You assume a highballed distance, there is quite literally no reasoning behind her moving 180 degrees (creating a circle of blood does not imply she moved 180 degrees whatsoever). We only see she cut his arm after the bullet was shot so at the minimum the best assumption would be that her blade was close to his arm (seeing as we have no evidence suggesting otherwise) and then that she cut through his arm by the time the bullet left the muzzle. So to get the distance you would assume she moved 10 or 20 degrees (seeing as to cut an arm off you wouldn't need to move that much, its a very minimal distance).

A gun and a sword/katana are no different if you can move the sword/katana at speeds massively faster then the gun.

LMFAO this argument makes no sense. Characters in fiction can do SoL feats and still use rudimentary weapons solely for the rule of cool or because it gets better range. This doesn't mean anything for the feats. Moving on.

LMFAO this argument makes no sense. Characters in fiction can do SoL feats and still use rudimentary weapons solely for the rule of cool or because it gets better range. This doesn't mean anything for the feats. Moving on.
Ah yes the rule of cool where a character who is able to move at 7000 m/s uses a weapon moving at 400 m/s for cool points.

Ah yes the rule of cool where a character able to move at 7000 m/s uses a weapon moving at 400 m/s for cool points.
Do you have anything else to say other than just use whataboutism? If you have an issue with this, make a sitewide CRT, or forever hold your damn peace.

Do you have anything else to say other than just use whataboutism? If you have an issue with this, make a sitewide CRT, or forever hold your damn peace.
Seeing as I haven't read the comics I'll just address my problems with the calc.

You assume a highballed distance, there is quite literally no reasoning behind her moving 180 degrees (creating a circle of blood does not imply she moved 180 degrees whatsoever). We only see she cut his arm after the bullet was shot so at the minimum the best assumption would be that her blade was close to his arm (seeing as we have no evidence suggesting otherwise) and then that she cut through his arm by the time the bullet left the muzzle. So to get the distance you would assume she moved 10 or 20 degrees (seeing as to cut an arm off you wouldn't need to move that much, its a very minimal distance).

A gun offers a secondary option in a fight and it ain’t a regular gun, it can get upgrades to be superior than any flintlock, that’s like saying any fantasy game that has bow users who move at ftl don’t get past supersonic.

The half circle is evidence her sword slash is 180 degrees. We even see the paneling of her arm indicates it's a 180 degreeslash by the fact it starts in front of her and her sword is behind her, which is further indication of the slash being 180.

A 20 degree slash isn't going to end up with a sword in a postion behind you.

You assume a highballed distance, there is quite literally no reasoning behind her moving 180 degrees (creating a circle of blood does not imply she moved 180 degrees whatsoever).
That's literally our only visual clue at this point.

We only see she cut his arm after the bullet was shot so at the minimum the best assumption would be that her blade was close to his arm (seeing as we have no evidence suggesting otherwise) and then that she cut through his arm by the time the bullet left the muzzle. So to get the distance you would assume she moved 10 or 20 degrees (seeing as to cut an arm off you wouldn't need to move that much, its a very minimal distance).
Your assumptions bring in additional problems: they would require the cut to induce a change in the trajectory of the bullet alongside the arm itself, which is clearly not what we see on the scan as it flies straight ahead. Nor would the gun smoke + muzzle flash go in the direction shown in the scan, it'd be veered off hard to the left instead of going straight ahead.

We even see the paneling of her arm indicates it's a 180 degreeslash by the fact it starts in front of her and her sword is behind her, which is further indication of the slash being 180.
There is literally no indication of that.
A 20 degree slash isn't going to end up with a sword in a postion behind you.
You're assuming that happens in the timeframe of the bullet not leaving the chamber with no evidence.
That's literally our only visual clue at this point.
Nope, you can always and should always assume a lowball/midball which I provided.
Your assumptions bring in additional problems: they would require the cut to induce a change in the trajectory of the bullet alongside the arm itself, which is clearly not what we see on the scan as it flies straight ahead. Nor would the gun smoke + muzzle flash go in the direction shown in the scan, it'd be veered off hard to the left instead of going straight ahead.
Brother, assuming she only moved the width of the dudes arm changes literally nothing how the feat looks, its literally the same movement expect we assume that in the timeframe she starts closer to his arm and that by the time she cuts through his arm the timeframe is over.

No one can provide any real concrete evidence of her movement starting with the sword directly infront of her as the bullet was shot. This shouldn't be an argument. Why are we using an automatic highballed distance with no evidence ?

Nope, you can always and should always assume a lowball/midball which I provided.
Yeah no, sorry, we don't do that here without actual proper visual cues to rely upon. Going that low is simply absurd due to how the biomechanics of an arm swinging a sword work, and 10-20 degrees is absurdly low for any kind of a rapid swing.

Brother, assuming she only moved the width of the dudes arm changes literally nothing how the feat looks, its literally the same movement except we assume that in the timeframe she starts closer to his arm and that by the time she cuts through his arm the timeframe is over.
I think you need to learn a bit more about how the human arm works when swinging weapons with enough force to cut through stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back