• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with basically all of them, though I was waiting for more discussion on Reinhard's AP downgrade. With the dragon sword, he's supposed to be OP. Then again ig we see like zero feats besides the funny cloud dispersion and Puck one shot.
I guess this can wait till @GodlyCharmander calcs the cloud dispersion. Whatever that gets is just gonna scale to the Reinhard with the dragon sword, and then some possibly ratings for people who Reinhard needs the sword to fight.

I will give it a week, if there is no calc, gonna apply what's accepted here.

Any sort of upgrades to Reinhard's base stats really aren't gonna come till season 3 of the anime with Reinhard unleashing his energy blasts destroying parts of Priestella, or kicking a certain white haired boy to "the bottom of the earth".

Or maybe the moon jumping feat next volume gives something, but my expectations are that's gonna be vague.

I guess this can wait till @GodlyCharmander calcs the cloud dispersion. Whatever that gets is just gonna scale to the Reinhard with the dragon sword, and then some possibly ratings for people who Reinhard needs the sword to fight.

I will give it a week, if there is no calc, gonna apply what's accepted here.

Any sort of upgrades to Reinhard's base stats really aren't gonna come till season 3 of the anime with Reinhard unleashing his energy blasts destroying parts of Priestella, or kicking a certain white haired boy to "the bottom of the earth".

Or maybe the moon jumping feat next volume gives something, but my expectations are that's gonna be vague.
Currently finding methods to accurately find the distance he dispersed those clouds, as the "flat earth" doesn't have a horizon.

That video is cut up, really you would have to watch the actual episode, it's season 2, episode 12, starts at 5:52.

Though yea, it doesn't show much else.

Im pretty sure thats it, actually. Man, I really want arc 5 animated...
Honestly looks 7-C....

If I scale
Him → thickness of the blast, then

Thickness → Radius of the clouds, and use the anime's timeframe, this is the result I image we'd get.

There are some alternative methods I'm thinking of, but we'll see soon enough.

The thicknes of the blast can be calculated using reinhard as a reference
Then you calculate how big was the cloud disspersal compared to the blast and how fast it took to disperse

Fanta will admit that it is pretty funny for Re: Zero's God Tier potentially receive a massive upgrade in a thread that was meant to downgrade them. Although, I must say, that while method 2 is iffy, it does make the most sense in the narrative that Re: Zero was giving both in the show/light novels/web novels and with Tappei's WOG statements, so fingers-crossed for it being accepted.

FrankVariableHart-max-1mb.gif

And Reinhard is now unironically stronger than several Typemoon Characters, at least in terms of pure stats. Victory! ... Now, does Satella scale to Reinhard's approved High 6-C Calc is the next question. What about folks like Theresia and Reid? Since they both had Dragon Sword Reid and probs used it: would they get a Likely High 6-C or Possibly High 6-C Rating?

We don't know if every user of the sword can bring out the same level of power, that would be a major assumption, for now i don't think Theresia scales, while Reid is Reinhard level, so he should scale with Reid.

People who Reinhard is able to draw the sword on ie Volcanica and Satella, should get possible ratings for now.

We don't know if every user of the sword can bring out the same level of power, that would be a major assumption, for now i don't think Theresia scales, while Reid is Reinhard level, so he should scale with Reid.

People who Reinhard is able to draw the sword on should get possible ratings for now.
Idk about that second statement, chief. Reinhard was able to draw the sword on Puck and Zombie!Theresia, who were both one-shotted but Theresia managed to stay alive a bit long for her last words, and... Cecilus with his two best swords in the Wrath IF, and the only person 'currently' in-story who was explicitly stated to have survived a fight with DS!Reinhard.

The theresia instance doesnt prove anything, the fact that she was nerfed, and even when she was at full strength would be far inferior, Reinhard didnt even need the sword his base could 1 shot her.

He used an energy blast on Puck while just slashing theresia, not to mention in Puck case he was a threat to the world, while Theresia is his grandmother, you can't compare the 2.

As for Cecilius argued that too many times now, not doing it again, we can agree for a possible rating for him, that's all I am willing to give until further evidence is given.

Last edited:
That makes sense to me. I'm content with Cecilius getting a possible rating for him - although, as an offtopic thing, how would the accepted High 6-C calc work with the God Tier Downgrade? I figured Reinhard would be 7-B without his sword, and Reid would be as well following the same logic as Reinhard, but would Satella and Volcanica be straight-up High 6-C?

The theresia instance if anything proves strength isnt necessarily needed for it to be drawn, and then we have Regulus who was definitely strong but it couldn't be drawn on.

I don't think we should be giving solid ratings to people who it's drawn against, it's vague, we need to see the fights in detail.

Relooking at the Cecilius portion of Wrath If, Cecilius confronts Reinhard with Reid drawn, then we cut to later where Reinhard is seriously wounded, obviously was a fierce battle.

This is Cecilius with his 2 best swords, which along with Reid is hyped up.

Again we have issues of inconsistencies, so here is what i suggest:

At least 8-B, likely 7-B with Murasame and Masayume, possibly High 6-C with Murasame and Masayume- It's messy, but it accounts for all possibilities, such as the showing of harming Reinhard, the multiple WOG which puts him at Peak Wilhelm level, the feats from Ex Novel 4 where he gets no diff by a nerfed Reinhard etc.

His speed would be Hypersonic+, possibly FTL with Murasame and Masayume. He kept up with Reinhard in Wrath If, but got low diff in Ex Novel 4, but again he didn't have Murasame and Masayume, we can assume they boost his speed, but it's a big assumption.

Anyway Cecilius stats are open to interpretation, hence why i think currently this works best as it accounts for everything.

As for everyone else:

Satella= 7-B, possibly High 6-C- She is worthy of Reid being drawn, and can stalemate Reinhard in an endless battle. This isn't definetive, because Reinhard is stated to be the strongest, you could argue their battle is endless cause he can't kill her, you can argue they are relative, but Reinhard is stronger, it is also said even without Reid, their battle is endless, and you can again argue, in that case Satella can't kill Reinhard cause of his immortality, even if she is superior. As you can see we need more info to make stuff definitive, right now it's up to interpretation

Volcanica= 7-B, possibly High 6-C- Stated to be around Reinhard's level of strength, ie Volcanica's strength has been compared to King Ghidorah, while Reinhard has constantly been compared to Godzilla. Is one of the 3 individual instrumental in defeating Satella, and worthy of Reid being drawn against.

Reid= 7-B, likely High 6-C with Reid- Stated to be on Reinhard's level of strength, and it's said the Dragon Sword wouldn't be able to be drawn on Reid, thus Reinhard would have a hard time against Reid. We can assume that in just brute force with The Dragon Sword he should also probably be on Reinhard's level but it's not confirmed, but likely.

Last edited:
Nice to see the verse finally having a half decent and comprehensible scaling-
Hopefully, the anime will adapt more of the novel and we can solidify (or maybe debunk) these ratings.

And all thanks to my pruporsal...

I just came and saved the day, and didn't think Reinhard would end up being hundreds of thousands of times stronger than before...😎😎😎

That will probably take a few years, given the fact that Re: Zero Season 3 has yet to be even announced, but one can hold onto hope! IMO, with the exception of Re: Zero's author giving characters a major boost in AP on the next light novel release, everybody's tiers and speed are more or less correct for the time being due to Tappei's weird consistency with that stuff.

Future Re: Zero CRTs will be clarification for abilities (Cough Al's Authority Cough) or ability addition due to new information given in Re: Zero LN and SS... and that's about it. Unless the Arc 6 Crew got way stronger and faster in the light novels.

And all thanks to my pruporsal...

I just came and saved the day, and didn't think Reinhard would end up being hundreds of thousands of times stronger than before...😎😎😎
Heh. Indeed, indeed.

I heard somewhere that Reinhard's sword skills would be the same if he didn't have the Divine Protection of the Sword Saint- is that real?

Yes

Q: Are Reinhard’s ability to be granted divine protections, and the Divine Protection of the Master Swordsman separate? Or really, what kind of blessing is the Divine Protection of the Master Swordsman? Is it ok to think of it as a blessing that simply makes you extremely strong?

A: The blessing of recognizing that you’re the Master Swordsman. The blessing of being able to break the unbreakable. The blessing of being able to take your sword skill to the limit. He’s not really becoming stronger than the limits of his talent. In the end, even without the Divine Protection of the Master Swordsman, Reinhard would be pretty much the same.

Q: Honestly, wouldn’t Reinhard still be the strongest even without blessings?

A: He’d no longer be able to win against those who are basically cheating. Reinhard Q&A

Anyway i will begin to apply the changes now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back