• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Son Goku now has supernatural willpower, something that’ll come very handy in this fight, so yeah

This match has been done 2 times, but was apparently ended as one sided on both threads respectively

Anyways, back to the match

Son Goku (Dragon Ball Super) [Broly Saga] vs Ryūko Matoi (Kill la Kill: IF)

Rules:
  • Son Goku starts in Super Saiyan Blue
  • Speed Equalized
  • Fight takes place at the Tournament of Power
  • Both have prior knowledge on each other, and have prepared for a day
Son-san:
Ryūko-chan:
Inconclusive:

Last edited:
how does Ryoku's absorption work?
She absorbs the life-fibers around her to become stronger. In this situation, verse equalization is automatically applied, but she probably can’t use it, because of both power systems (ki and life-fibers) not working similarly

Then my vote goes to Goku. Even without UI, his wider arsenal of techniques along with a day to prep should be more than enough to deal with her.

No, you need to hit 7 votes to begin grace. After it begins, you have to wait an entire day until you can request its addition to the profiles

Literally the reason why this is a redo is because the other match was declared a stomp and closed despite being the exact same parameters as this one

Then what exactly are the reasons for Goku winning here? He has nothing to bypass Ryuko's regen or passive amps

i think the reasoning are he outskills and can incap
He doesnt outskill, satsuki was decided to be more skilled than him and Ryuko has stalemated or beaten her multiple times

How exactly can he incap? Ryuko cant be knocked out and this version of Ryuko can dimensional travel

Son can catch her off guard at the edge of the tournament, and make her fall down, essentially eliminating her, just like what he did with Jiren with the landmines. Son with his sheer experience in battle and versatile selection of techniques would take this. Plus, he can last in Super Saiyan Blue for lengthy periods of time, or amp himself up to x20 Kaiōken

He doesnt outskill, satsuki was decided to be more skilled than him and Ryuko has stalemated or beaten her multiple times

How exactly can he incap? Ryuko cant be knocked out and this version of Ryuko can dimensional travel
-Bypassing high-mid is not a problem for DB characters
-Goku has the AP advantage + reactive Power level
- Massively more skillful
Etc

Goku has the AP advantage + reactive Power level
- Massively more skillful
They should be around the same in AP due to the scaling chain behind these versions, and I wouldn’t say massively, but yeah, he does have heavy amounts of martial arts experience, even having experience going against weapons

wait why is she more skilled then goku?
How is satsuki more skillful than goku .......
Satsuki as a child being the most skilled swordsman on earth, being more skilled than people with augmented superhuman martial arts skill, a guy who spent his whole life training in swordsmanship and who had instinctive reactions, analytical predictions, and complete spatial awareness in a 360 degree radius for miles around claiming that he wouldnt be able to even best her as a child, etc.

You're free to contest it but last I checked Goku doesnt have much beyond a lot of flowery language

Just to let you know IZ isn't baseline anymore , he's treated as well above baseline .

If you how i can find my bookmarked messages then i can show you the post

Son can catch her off guard at the edge of the tournament, and make her fall down, essentially eliminating her, just like what he did with Jiren with the landmines. Son with his sheer experience in battle and versatile selection of techniques would take this. Plus, he can last in Super Saiyan Blue for lengthy periods of time, or amp himself up to x20 Kaiōken
Seeing as Ryuko has experience fighting people who use identical tactics and has contingencies for people who try to do that, on top of the fact that her kamui can be used as grappling hooks to bypass the 'no flying' rule and her passive causality manip, just throwing her off isnt going to work.

Versatility doesnt help if you cant beat your opponent with them, and the fact that Ryuko passively deflects energy attacks with her shockwaves and forcefields nopes a large portion of Goku's arsenal off the bat.

Unless he can last for a full month in it it's not going to be enough to outlast Ryuko, and her amps can get her well beyond 20x stronger in seconds just by existing.

Satsuki as a child being the most skilled swordsman on earth, being more skilled than people with augmented superhuman martial arts skill, a guy who spent his whole life training in swordsmanship and who had instinctive reactions, analytical predictions, and complete spatial awareness in a 360 degree radius for miles around claiming that he wouldnt be able to even best her as a child, etc.

You're free to contest it but last I checked Goku doesnt have much beyond a lot of flowery language
Goku outskilled Roshi who has hundreds of years of experience and is a master martial martist in the 1st arc of DB .

I don't need to contest anything, he objectively has the skill advantage .

He's so skillful in fact he could keep up and best SSj caulifla while he was in base and extremely exhausted whith his skills alone .

Actually, I agree with these feats. Satsuki does seem to be more skilled than Son-san here, all these feats at a very young age at that, she is indeed a prodigy. But Goku is no stranger when it comes to SOME of these abilities. Ryūko seems to be on par with Satsuki who has this kind of skill. So Ryūko kind of out skills here, but not by a large margin

Back