• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rayquaza vs SpaceGodzilla

With the majority of Toho Godzilla profiles updated, I thought we should celebrate with a little match starting with SpaceGodzilla.

Story: SpaceGodzilla crashes into Sky Pillar, waking up the sleeping Jade Dragon. Having his slumber interrupted, Rayquaza is pissed and goes straight to Mega Form and starts attacking SpaceGodzilla. The alien mutant is more than happy to fight Rayray as a start for his Poké-Earth invasion.

5-B for both. Speed equalized. Victory by death. Rayquaza starts attacking from the top of Sky Pillar, while SpaceGodzilla starts from the bottom, so the distance is 300 m (close to Tokyo Tower height).

SpaceGodzilla: 1 (Korudo)

Rayquaza:

Inconclusive:

I say SpaceGodzilla. SG would create his crystal fortress and attack at range with his telekinesis, crystals, electricity, and Chronoa Beam.

Rayquaza's newly acquired resistance to electricity would cripple SG. Rayquaza' Hyper Beam spam counters everything else, along with Hyper Voice, Dragon Pulse, and Air Slash, the first and last being invisible due to being sounf and air.

Hyper Beam requires a recharge period, though--you can't spam it, and SG has plenty of crystals to spare, which would arguably be similar to Diamond Storm, and rock-type moves are super-effective against RQ. SG can and would crystal spam; more than that, even if Hyper Beam could be spammed, SG's force fields could deflect it right back at RQ. I won't deny that Hyper Voice and Air Slash are invisible, but would that really matter much? So long as RQ himself is visible, he's a target for SG's crystals and Corona Beam (which is mostly solar-based rather than electricity-based).

With speed equalized, the only advantage I see RQ having is Hyper Voice and Air Slash, and they're not really great advantages, just a supposedly invisible attack--but is Air Slash even invisible? The description states that it fires blades of compressed air; pressurized/compressed air more visibly refracts light than standard air, producing a shifting effect similar to a heat shimmer. Loud enough sound waves have the same effect, so I call bogus on the claim that those attacks are truly invisible, especially if you're telling me it's a sound wave loud enough to physically damage a skycraper-sized creature with planet-level durability.

Rayquaza doesnt need a recharge to use Hyper Beam, Diamond storm is super effective because its a fairy type move, SG's crystals would be rock type, Air Slash isnt invisible, solar based attacks would actually be worse against rayquaza, and yes, Rayquaza's Hyper Voice can harm a planet level character

But dragon types take half damage from solar beam (actually 4x less in Rayquaza case) and fire based attacks. It's even worse .

Diamond Storm is a Rock-Type Physical Move. https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Diamond_Storm_(move)

I wasn't claiming that Hyper Voice couldn't harm SG, I'm just saying that due to the way sound interacts with air, and how air interacts with light, a planet-level sound wave would be very visible, and SG would have time to react to it and project one of his Forcefields. While Hyper Voice bypasses Substitute, it doesn't bypass moves like Protect/Baneful Bunker/King's Shield, which produces a forcefield effect.

Fun Trivia: Tyranitar's design was inspired by Godzilla, and Mega-Tyranitar's design is inspired by SpaceGodzilla.

Rock type moves don't hurt Mega Rayquaza nearly as bad, who's being used here....unless someone already said that.

And I posted that before you made that edit, otherwise wouldnt have said that.

And i know you know i did so why are you telling me to read the edit?

My point exactly. SG's Forcefields were able to withstand and reflect Godzilla's Atomic Ray right back at him. Should be able to do the same to moves like Dragon Pulse or Hyper Beam, and protect him from Hyper Voice and Air Slash. SG would just use his crystals.

Let me add that SpaceG kicked Godzilla's ass fairly easily. The same Godzilla took on both Mothra and Battra who each packed 267 zettatons. So SpaceG should be around 2x stronger than 267 zettatons. It would be great if someone with a Narutoforum account can tell us the numerical value of Rayquaza's feat.

Is it that vague? Lowballing it, SG would take that pretty easily, and even into the mid-tiers. Still voting for SpaceGodzilla.

So 1 vote for SpaceG from Korudo, while everybody else has not voted. Do I have that right? Or have Weekly and Cal voted for Ray yet?

I don't see them as having officially voted yet. But just to bump this thread, this is how I see it going from the scenario given by the OP:

SpaceGodzilla emerges at the bottom of the Sky Pillar, seeing Mega-Rayquaza snarling down and attacking from the top of the tower. An erected Forcefield repels Rayquaza's energy attacks; if RQ tried a Dragon Pulse or other dragon-based special attack move, having it reflected back at him doesn't sound that great. SpaceG then destroys the Sky Pillar entirely, leaving only a sharp, giant crystalline spire in its wake, a focus for SpaceG's powers. Assuming RQ doesn't get out of the way, that alone would probably be a game-over for RQ via getting impaled. More crystals would soon rise alongside it, filling the sea around the former Sky Pillar--channeling electromagnetic energy to blast RQ (while Delta Stream and RQ's dragon-type makes electricity weaker against him, RQ is not outright immune to electricity), and flying up into the air to bombard him. SpaceG can literally fill a city with immense crystals in a short period of time, and each and every one of them, even their shards, are a potential projectile for SpaceG's telekinesis.

Back