• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I’m not knowledgeable enough to say whether the Mid High regen is combat applicable or not, so I won’t vote. Though I know the mid regen definitely is combat applicable.

Real quick this has annoyed me on this site for a long time.

Knocking someone out shouldn’t be a win condition.

in order to win the opponent has to be incapacitated for 24 hours. The two opponents don’t know this. People don’t fall unconscious for an entire day after being knocked out (as far as I’m aware, it usually has to be a really bad concussion in order to fall unconscious for a long time, a concussion that can’t happen here because Rayman has regen)

So Rayman gets knocked out, regenerates from everything Gunvolt throws at him, wakes up, and the fight starts again.

Does Gunvolt have another way to win?
I removed the K.O. win condition. I'm not sure if Gunvolt has another way to win.

Well if you're going to just change the rules more and more eventually GV is just gonna have no chance of winning, so like, KO can still be a specific win condition. At the same time, GV also has more Stamina and pretty much everything over Rayman, tbh, it's kinda a mismatch based on the rules- we either allow KO and GV Stomps, or we only allow an actual deceased body as the condition and Rayman wins, even tho GV has Stamina.

GV also has Anthem Regen too, but again, ban, same with Prevasion- he could theoretically negate Mid G. Regen since he beat Copen too, but that's a "possibly"

Yeah, it seems like Gunvolt would win here relatively easily.

Side note, but I do wonder if the Rayman villain, Mr. Dark, would be a good fight for Gunvolt characters considering he has a lot more hax at disposal to even the AP gap.

Well if you're going to just change the rules more and more eventually GV is just gonna have no chance of winning, so like, KO can still be a specific win condition. At the same time, GV also has more Stamina and pretty much everything over Rayman, tbh, it's kinda a mismatch based on the rules- we either allow KO and GV Stomps, or we only allow an actual deceased body as the condition and Rayman wins, even tho GV has Stamina.

GV also has Anthem Regen too, but again, ban, same with Prevasion- he could theoretically negate Mid G. Regen since he beat Copen too, but that's a "possibly"
So should I ban optional equipment or add K.O. as a win condition?

Yeah, it seems like Gunvolt would win here relatively easily.

Side note, but I do wonder if the Rayman villain, Mr. Dark, would be a good fight for Gunvolt characters considering he has a lot more hax at disposal to even the AP gap.
Dude’s apparently invincible so idk how that’s gonna be fair

I just rewatched Rayman’s story mode. Rayman doesn’t directly scale to his feat, he face tanked it with so little effort that he didn’t even acknowledge it happen. Like one of his friends, who was also in the explosion, decided to go back to taking their nap afterwards.

I’m not sure how much that effects the fight, just wanted to point out Rayman is above his feat.

I just rewatched Rayman’s story mode. Rayman doesn’t directly scale to his feat, he face tanked it with so little effort that he didn’t even acknowledge it happen. Like one of his friends, who was also in the explosion, decided to go back to taking their nap afterwards.

I’m not sure how much that effects the fight, just wanted to point out Rayman is above his feat.
You mean the explosion at the end of Rayman Origins?

It's still limiting compared to GV's various ways of attacking. If you lock yourself to one method of attack you'll start becoming predictable. Considering that GV is a Mega Man like game, pattern recognition should be something he does all the time

Back