• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Proposition 1: Fiamma should have "can project a powerful killing intent" on his profile, like Gabriel does.
Reasoning:
Something invisible exploded out from Fiamma.
It was killer intent.
The pressure was so overwhelming that Kamijou felt a sensation on his skin like it was
being torn.
-OT21
Since I think either both or neither of them should have this ability, here's Gabriel's quote for comparison:
At that moment, the air around them became full with killing intent. This supernatural
killing intent was emitting from the angel of water, whose wings had been shattered by
Accelerator’s reflection.
-OT21
Edit: It seems there was another quote regarding Gabriels killing intent projection I wasn't aware of in OT4.
He almost thought it was like there was nerve gas spewing from her pores, but that
wasn’t quite right. Misha wasn’t doing anything. She wasn’t doing something in
particular—her very presence was constricting Kamijou’s body.
Intent to kill.
With just that malicious aura, Kamijou Touma felt himself turn to stone.
He felt an oppressing fear like the gravity here had ballooned to ten times its normal
strength.

Proposition 2: Kihara Enshuu should have Supersonic reactions added to her speed section. Or at least add the description "possibly Supersonic reactions" like Kihara Kagun has for fighting Kihara Byouri.

Reasoning: Kihara Enshuu reacted to Kihara Byouri's supersonic kick while she had her back turned. In Kihara Byouri's profile, it is mentioned that her kick is Supersonic, but the very same attack is not mentioned as being supersonic in Kihara Enshuu's speed section.
Kihara Byouri slowly approached the back that Kihara Enshuu had so readily shown to
her.
While pretending to walk up beside her, she took her position for an attack of certain
death.
(As I said, Kiharas come in many different forms. It is quite possible the loss of Kihara
Enshuu will bring about a much more skilled Kihara.)
So she did not hesitate to go in for the surprise attack.
That white leg that was clearly created of something other than human flesh flew for
Kihara Enshuu’s neck like a guillotine faster than the speed of sound.
Immediately afterwards, Kihara Enshuu swung her upper body around unnaturally and
easily avoided that attack of certain death.
-NT4
Proposition 3: Continuing from the previous proposition, I suggest removing the word "possibly" from Kihara Kagun's Supersonic reactions.

Last edited:
Bumping my thread while including another proposed change:

The word Nitrogen should be added to Accelerator's ability Air Manipulation so that it looks like Nitrogen/Air Manipulation in his Power and Abilities section.
Reasoning: Kuroyoru's ability is upwards compatible with Accelerator, meaning he can create Bomber Lances on his own if he wants to.
Kuroyoru’s ability to control nitrogen was upwards compatible with the #1’s ability to
control all vectors. In other words, his power could reproduce her power.
-NT7
Seems pretty clear cut to me, but if it's too redundant or not allowed due to formatting standards, I don't really care if it's rejected since he never bothers to use this ability.

Seems good.

The Nitrogen word can be either added like you said or as an explaination in paranthesis.

@DontTalkDT , what do you think?

Another bump and additional CRT change.

Aiwass should have Telepathy in their Powers and Abilities section.
Reasoning: Aiwass doesn't actually have to use a cell phone to talk to Aleister from a long distance.
The blonde monster known as Aiwass walked on its own two legs while holding an
ordinary cell phone to its ear.

[...]

“Is it really that strange, Aleister?” Aiwass said calmly into the cell phone of unknown
origin.

The person on the other end remained silent for a bit before responding.

“If you wanted to, you could move without using your legs. The same goes for a
discussion
of what I intend to do. It does baffle me. It simply isn’t efficient.

“Standing on one’s own two legs and speaking through a tool of civilization has its own
value. Although it may have a class to it that a man who floats upside down in a glass
tube for efficiency’s sake simply cannot understand.”
-OT19

Hey how's it going.

Aiwass, the transcendent being, should have Flight in their Powers and Abilities section like Qliphah Puzzle 545 and Kazakiri do.
Reasoning:
Aiwass has wings.
Something grew from its back pushing its long blonde hair aside. They were wings. The
wings were emitting a too brilliant brilliance that gave the feeling that it was worse for
the human body than a nuclear explosion. That must have been what had sliced
Accelerator.

The wings were very odd.

They were not simply gold colored. They were a palely glowing platinum that had a
white core. ...That wasn’t quite accurate, but it was how Accelerator expressed it in his
brain. The wings gave him a very strong out-of-place feeling because he could not
comprehend what he was seeing.
  • OT19
Unique wings in Toaru even let you fly without flapping your wings by emitting a strange force, as seen by Kazakiri and Accelerator.
Kazakiri Hyouka.

For her, with those supernatural wings erupting from her back, this was actually her
first time in the air. At first she doubted her wings could even allow her to fly. However
it was not a problem now. She did not need to learn how to use her powers. It was as if
those wings of hers, emitting purple lightning, gained the power of levitation just by her
wishing it.
  • OT21
With that mental change, he became a source that spewed forth a unique power into the
real world.

Accelerator put his hands on Last Order's small shoulders, lightly pushed, and floated
up into the sky due to the recoil like an astronaut in zero gravity.

Last Order's small hands stretched up into the sky toward Accelerator.

But she could not reach him.

Accelerator was already floating a few meters up.

Convinced that he had done the right thing, Accelerator flapped his white wings. His
one-hundred-meter wings used more than just the power of the wind. They also
converted some more unknown energy into lift. He emitted no force down at the earth,
but he still shot up like a bullet.

In an instant, Accelerator reached a point three thousand meters up and scattered the
thick clouds that were hanging in the sky.
  • OT22
Aiwass doesn't need legs to move around.
“Is it really that strange, Aleister?” Aiwass said calmly into the cell phone of unknown
origin.

The person on the other end remained silent for a bit before responding.

“If you wanted to, you could move without using your legs. The same goes for a
discussion of what I intend to do. It does baffle me. It simply isn’t efficient.

“Standing on one’s own two legs and speaking through a tool of civilization has its own
value. Although it may have a class to it that a man who floats upside down in a glass
tube for efficiency’s sake simply cannot understand.”
Aiwass using its legs is considered weirder than it flying.
The being used its legs to walk
from the area. That mundane method seemed much odder than if it had suddenly
disappeared or flown away.
  • OT19
One of Aiwass's identities is as an extra-terrestrial life form as listed on its profile.
  • Space Boost: One of Aiwass identities was of an intelligent extraterrestrial life form. Because of this, when Aiwass is freed from the planet's influence and enters outer space its power grows.

Most importantly, bump.

Adding more and more revisions that I'm noticing as I'm going on until I'm able to make the changes listed on this thread.

Proposal: Kihara Noukan's City level durability should be clarified that he only reaches that durability with the A.A.A, otherwise it's misleading.
So it would look like this: Durability: Street level (Comparable to Kamisato), City level with the A.A.A (Via this calc)

Reasoning: Kamisato who is Street level beat the dog into near death with a baton after he BFR'd the A.A.A with World Rejecter.
He must have put up a powerful resistance. He must not have moved a single step back.
Noukan had always been a true intellectual, but his fangs were coated in dark blood. It
was not his. He had bit at his opponent over and over like a wild beast.

But his own injuries were far worse. It did not look like simple punches. Yuiitsu identified
them immediately using her thorough knowledge of the rules of destruction. It had likely
been something like a collapsible baton. Even as Noukan had bit at his opponent’s limbs,
the golden retriever had been beaten over and over.

The injuries covered his head, his body, and his legs. Every last part of his body had been
brutally beaten.

Until he could no longer move.
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 14 Epilogue

Edit in light of new information:
New Proposal: Kihara Yuiitsu should have the Anti-Art Attachment listed on her profile, such as in the Powers and Abilities and Standard Equipment: section, like Kihara Noukan does. Possibly under a new key, however.

Reasoning: Kihara Yuiitsu made her own A.A.A, but there's not a single mention of it on her profile even though it has its own tab in the A.A.A's profile.

Another small scale proposal: Fixing typos, rename Kihara Yuuitsu to Kihara Yuiitsu in Salome's and the A.A.A's profile.
Reasoning: Kihara Yuiitsu is spelled with two i's.
Do typos require approval?

Edit: Strikethrough since I fixed the typos on the profiles.

Last edited:

A few more revisions/additions.​

Proposal: Not sure how applicable this is in this site(meaning I don't think team battles are a thing here) since it only applies to his connection with Archangel Gabriel, but I'll propose a change that was stolen straight from his respect thread. Fiamma of the Right should have Sense Manipulation (Can sense what Gabriel senses) added to his Powers and Abilities section.

Reasoning/Proof: Self explanatory. Fiamma senses what Gabriel does.
Fiamma of the Right used Gabriel to augment his five senses. “So it’s like this, huh...?” He spoke in a bored voice. “So this is my enemy.
  • Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 21 Chapter 8 Part 7
The form of an angel was basically a mass of energy, they had no physical body. More
accurately, their bodies were not composed of physical matter. Fiamma, who was linked
to Misha, was suddenly dealt a blow through his five senses.
  • Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 21 Chapter 8 Part 7
Fiamma and Gabriel’s senses were linked and Gabriel’s abilities of perception were quite
different from those of a human. Even if the parchments had been in the target’s pocket,
the archangel could obtain the magical information recorded on them.
  • Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 21 Chapter 8 Part 9
Proposal: Fiamma should have Deconstruction added to his Powers and Abilities section.
Reasoning: Fiamma is stated to specialize in disintegration techniques as listed on his profile.

Turn into a Fairy: An anti-god spell in the form of a stake of light based on Christianity shrinking down pagan gods to fairies and monsters. A god pierced by the stake will be turned into a fairy with less power and eventually die. Later Fiamma created his own variation of the spell using his specialization in disintegration techniques, creating a five hundred meters long stake that applies the spell 2,070,000 times in a row to widen the distortion and immediately destroy the god.
Ollerus’s goal had been to drag a Magic God down to the level of a human, but Fiamma
had changed that.

That said, he had not altered it much. As soon as he hit, he would simply use the exact
same spell 2,070,000 times in a row. Bit by bit, he would widen the distortion and finally
destroy the Magic God. This was a Fiamma of the Right original that used his
specialization in disintegration techniques.
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 13 Chapter 2 Part 12
Proposal: Qliphah Puzzle 545 should have the range and potency of her madness manipulation increased(while removing the word likely) so it would look like one of the two following Ranges:

Range: At least dozens of meters normally (casually controlled an entire knight squad in a fight), far higher with the influence of Beheading Coins (subtly controlled the entire nation of England), up to thousands of kilometers (can drive entire countries to madness).

OR

Range:
At least dozens of meters normally (casually controlled an entire knight squad in a fight), up to thousands of kilometers with the influence of Beheading Coins (subtly controlled the entire nation of England and can drive entire countries to madness).

I fully expect this proposal to be contentious and/or require different wording.
Reasoning:
It could be hard to tell with all those extraordinary figures wandering around, but Qliphah Puzzle 545 was very
much a monster too. She was a resident of the very depths of the world who could drive
entire countries to madness if she put her mind to it.
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 21 Chapter 4 Part 6

Proposal: Due to complaints from a recent ongoing thread, Accelerator should have Resistances(or Immunity, whichever is applicable) to both Madness Manipulation and Empathic Manipulation added to the Powers and Abilities section. If the types of resistances need to be mentioned, then it should be types 2 and 3(from looking at Qliphah Puzzle 545 without going mad), as well as possibly/likely Type 1 from similar logic as to how Misaka Mikoto is resistant to Misaki's biological mind control. Since we have to discuss under what key it would belong to, I believe Types 2 and 3 fit best under post-Qliphah, but I'd appreciate some input if you believe otherwise. Type 1 resistance would be on all keys.
Additionally, Resistance to Biological Manipulation (can prevent the rearrangement of his internals with vector control), should be added.

Reasoning: Per his profile, Accelerator is immune to Qliphah Puzzle 545's Type 2 and 3 Madness Manipulation and Nephthys' Empathic Manipulation.
  • Empathy/Madness Immunity: Perhaps as a side-effect of his heightened magical awareness, Nephthys' Tears of Transmission were incapable of affecting Accelerator's psychological state, and Qliphah's mental corruption from her dress did nothing when he looked directly at them. Note that this is limited to transmission-based techniques, such as those requiring visual contact.
Accelerator is resistant to biological manipulation and type 1 madness manipulation for the same reason he is passively immune to Nephthys drawing all the water out of him, his vector control ability.
This was far more than the artificial rain coming from the sprinklers. It had to be taken
from the air and from the boards of the stage. If not for his reflection, it probably would
have been taken from Accelerator’s body as well.
Every speck of moisture in that space
was extracted and gathered together to form a giant blade extending above Nephthys’s
raised left hand.
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 22 Chapter 4 Part 11

Proposal: Some of us are left wondering why, "Note that this is limited to transmission-based techniques, such as those requiring visual contact." is stated under Accelerator's Madness/Empathy Immunity and therefore either want it explained or have it be removed.

Reasoning: The method the madness is being transferred shouldn't matter since Accelerator is resisting these effects without his vector control to begin with. The profile attributes it instead to perhaps a "side-effect of his heightened magical awareness."
A reason I personally believe he resists magic god hax is due to Qliphah's knowledge of the Abyss she gave Accelerator and he thus transcended as seen in the following quotes.
“I am a demon without a place in any of the ten spheres.”

Qliphah Puzzle 545 could clearly sense it now.

In her own way, she could sense the invisible field of power and the linked data entity that
covered the world.

“Thus, I can become the manager seated in the unmarked eleventh sphere!! My name is
Qliphah Puzzle 545, my number is the true eleven, and its meaning is ‘the stepping stone
of wickedness that supports good deeds’! The path of seventy-eight cards is found here. I
provide power to my contractual master, the transcendent lifeform who controls the
entirety of the still nameless third three. I offer the path of survival to that being! I offer
him the wisdom found beyond the Abyss!!!!!”

Aleister Crowley had once failed at this.

The experiment had been to take Great Demon Coronzon inside his body in order to cross
the Abyss that no normal human could cross, but Coronzon had refused to cooperate and
the experiment had been halted.

But what if?

What would have happened then if the demon had truly offered to help and had joined
him with no ill will or deception?

The answer was revealed here.

“Magic God, you still cling to the surface!! So don’t think you stand a chance against my
master who has crossed the Abyss!!!!!”

[...]

“I don’t need any calculations or math here.”

Academy City’s #1 spat out the blood in his mouth and silently clenched his fist.

That purified white monster had ascended to the point that he could say these words.

“Real tears carry even more weight than blood. So you’re gonna have to do a hell of a lot
of crying to make up for what you did, you piece of shit.”

Proposal: Accelerator should have an additional Weakness of struggling to perform calculations for his vector control when his past guilt and trauma are used against him. Applicable at least in his post-headshot and post-Aiwass keys. Possibly also Post-Qliphah, but let me know what you think.
Reasoning:
At least two antagonists have exploited this strategy against him and the latter would have won if someone else hadn't given him some words of advice.

It didn't really work as intended in Misaka Worst's case, but it would've for Kakine.
The Academy City bastards had designed Misaka Worst’s body so that she would
definitely end Accelerator’s life no matter what the result of the battle was. She had been
made so that Accelerator’s mind would be ripped to shreds even if he used his
overwhelming power to only half-kill her.

Up to that point, he had thought they were thinking that weakening him via his trauma
and killing him was fine, but he would also be mentally destroyed by the fact that he had
killed a Sister even if she lost.

However, he had been wrong.

They hadn’t been that kind.

It wasn’t an issue of whether he won or not.

They had a means of finishing off Accelerator whether he won, lost, tied, fled, reconciled,
or brought the situation to any other conclusion. That was the purpose of the girl known
as Misaka Worst.

The word “collapse” came to mind.

From a mental standpoint, Academy City’s #1 could be thought of as truly dead.

Accelerator’s heart had been almost completely broken.

He had lost the strength needed to act as a human.
  • Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 20 Chapter 3 Part 7
From Accelerator's respect thread,
From Kakine's respect thread,
I've also listed some abilities that would've worked to exploit this weakness in a recent VSthread. Those being Memory Manipulation (Can use spirit magic to make her opponent relive their memories) and Necromancy (Made Claudia's parents appear before her using necromancy.
These abilities are similar tactics to the one Kakine used.

I do notice that one of the weaknesses lists "Rational thought processes can potentially be overwritten by uncontrollable blood-lust" but it does not mention the context of how to induce said bloodlust and if this weakness is indeed referring to the same one I am, then it should be included in his post-headshot key and reworded.

A suggestion of how I propose to reword it would look like: | Rational thought processes can potentially be overwritten by uncontrollable blood-lust including by exploiting his past trauma to send his emotions into a frenzy |

Also, does Accelerator have five keys in his Weakness section or am I interpreting it incorrectly?

Proposal: Aiwass should have Self Sustenance (Types 1, 2, and 3).
Reasoning: He is a transcendent being that can survive in the vacuum of space and has a very irregular biology, if you can even call it that. He's also semi-omnipresent if that matters.

Proposal: Aiwass should have Resistances to Madness Manipulation (Types 1, 2, and 3), Soul Manipulation, and Empathic Manipulation.
Reasoning: Similar to the Magic Gods, he should be able to look at both Chimera (without suffering from her Transcendental Beauty) and The Forgotten God. Similar to Accelerator, being a transcendent should offer him at least some resistance to magic god hax, such as Nephthys' Tears of Transmission. If the statement in Aiwass' profile, "Was created to oppose and overpower the magic gods" is enough justification to give him At least High Complex Multiverse level AP, it should be more than enough justification to give him resistances to the Magic Gods' effects.

Relevant information about the Forgotten God as listed on its profile:
  • Weakened Form: Due to the mixture of fiction and non-fiction, the Forgotten God's original form has been lost. Humans like Kakeru Kamisato cannot comprehend his form or his attacks no matter how much they look at it/them, though other Magic Gods don't have this problem. When the Forgotten God got closer to him, the best description Kakeru could give of his form was that it was extremely simplified yet incredibly eerie, like a stick figure drawn by a small child awkwardly holding a black crayon.
Edit: Added additional quote about Fiamma's Sense Manipulation and added hyperlinks to Resistances.

Last edited:

Some Coronzon additions.​

Proposal: Coronzon should have Regeneration Negation. (At least Low-Mid, likely higher. Touma couldn't regrow his lost arm and Aleister couldn't heal him with a spell based on the Son of God)

Reasoning:
It came from where Kamijou Touma’s right hand should have been. Everything past his
elbow was missing. No, everything past there was refusing to heal. Something was
obstructing the healing process.

Mikoto’s eyes widened.

“Eh?”

This was far better than the hunk of flesh that had looked more like a disturbing mosaic
than anything. But a single wound to the wrist could be deadly. They could not just leave
him like this. Unless they stopped that blood gushing out, the recovered boy would lose
his life before reopening his eyes.

“Eh, eh!? Wait, what do we do!? Can’t you fix his right hand!?”

“I suppose the Son of God’s power is indeed only of the Aeon of Osiris. It is not enough to
overturn the scars left by Coronzon, who exists beyond Horus...”
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 22 Chapter 1 Part 2
“I do not get it either.” Othinus sighed softly next to his pillow. “Is it because the wound
was cauterized to stop the bleeding, or did Coronzon or Aleister’s attack apply some kind
of special effect? Whatever the case, your right hand is not growing back on its own this
time. ...Of course, I never did know why it was growing back in the past. When I can’t
explain to you why it did what it did, I can’t exactly tell you why things are different this
time.”
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 22 Chapter 2 Part 2
It's also stated in Coronzon's profile.
  • Aeon Interference: Coronzon exist beyond the three Aeons of Isis, Osiris and Horus. This gives her power some ability to interfere with the magic of lower Aeons. For example, although Aleister Crowley's healing spell based on the Son of God could heal most of Touma Kamijou's body after he was left near death by Coronzon's Flaming Sword spell, his right hand that had directly received the spell couldn't be healed by a spell belonging to the Aeon of Osiris.
If you agree, let me know(with reasons why) if you think the regen negation should be higher than what I listed.

Proposal: Coronzon should have Resistance to Biological Manipulation.
Reasoning: It's ridiculous to posit that Shokuhou could control Coronzon and she herself doubted her ability to do so.
Her very existence was an occult curse that had no place in science.

This was not over yet. Whatever-this-was wore a beige habit and swung her absurdly long
blonde hair around. They could hardly think of her as human as she slowly approached.
Mikoto pulled out an arcade coin and Shokuhou pulled a TV remote from the bag she
wore over her shoulder, but would that really work? The girls were shaken on an
instinctual level, not a rational one.

[...]

Mikoto was no longer looking at this from a scientific perspective where titles like
Academy City’s #3 or #5 mattered. Could they really fight? Could they resist at all? She
was not even sure of that. The very foundation she had believed in for so long was
crumbling below her.
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 22 Chapter 1 Part 2
Prososal: Coronzon should have: Limited Creation (Can create lower demons and avatars), added to her Powers and Abilities section.
Reasoning: She created an avatar for herself, the Aethyr Avatars(listed on her profile), and the lower demon Qliphah Puzzle 545.
Qliphah Puzzle 545 was an artificial demon created by Lola Stuart (i.e. Coronzon).
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 21 Chapter 2 Part 3
Qliphah Puzzle 545 was
another example. Coronzon had power equal to or greater than Aiwass, so she had
successfully created an autonomous artificial angel based on the Qliphoth.

[...]

It was possible to create beings that thought for themselves.

And for higher beings on the level of Aiwass and Coronzon, it was possible to create things
like the baby Lilith and Qliphah Puzzle 545.

With so many previous examples, there was no reason to not do it again.
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 21 Chapter 2 Part 7
I can create artificial beings like Qliphah Puzzle
545 using nothing more than letters and numbers, so I do not need to mix different bodily
fluids together.”
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 22 Chapter 3 Part 10
Proposal: Coronzon should have Resistance to Madness Manipulation (Types 1, 2, and 3)
Reasoning: Coronzon being a Great Demon should provide her resistance to Types 2 and 3 madness effects from the lower demon she created.
Resistance to Type 1 comes from the Resistance to Biological Manipulation I've mentioned above. Coronzon's true form is also incorporeal as her profile mentions.

Proposal: Coronzon should have Telepathy added to her Powers and Abilities section.

Reasoning: As a Great demon and creator of Qliphah Puzzle 545 who has telepathy, Coronzon also has telepathy as seen when she entered Accelerator's mind.
Accelerator’s mind had a lot of guests today. Yet another voice cut in.

“Damn...you!! What are you doing? That isn’t the Sephiroth or the Qliphoth. If...if you
embed something like this in the world, it will change things even more fundamentally
than Angel Fall!!”

“I don’t know what that means, so I’ll get right to the point. Qliphah Puzzle 545 has told
me most everything. You’re such a pain in the ass because you have a physical body of
flesh and blood. So I’ll shift that aside and cut it away.”

“Are you trying to apply a powerful external pressure to remove my soul from this
temporary body!?”
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 22 Chapter 4 Part 16
Proposal(s): Coronzon should have Lifeforce Destruction added to the Powers and Abilities section. Bestial Roar should also be added to the Additional Attacks/Techniques section.
Reasoning: She can destroy the lifeforce of humans with a roar.
The demon physically roared.

Against a normal person, that might have shaken their body and snuffed out the life force
circulating within like it was a candle’s flame, but unfortunately for Coronzon, Mina
Mathers had none of those gentle and uncertain elements.
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 19 Prologue
Here's how the new attack would look like in the profile:
Bestial Roar: Shakes a person's body which snuffs out their lifeforce circulating within it like a candle's flame.

Proposal: Coronzon should have Enhanced Senses added to her Powers and Abilities section like the lower demon she created, Qliphah Puzzle 545, does.
Reasoning: I'm being lazy on this one since it's such a basic ability. The reasoning should be the same as the one used for Qliphah Puzzle 545 as Coronzon is a Great Demon and her creator.

Proposal: Coronzon should have Extrasensory Perception added to her Powers and Abilities section.
Reasoning: Again, a lower demon has it. Also, there's an explicit feat regarding her status as a "higher being".
Lola spoke deeply while curled up in the fetal position and surrounded by sticky colors.
At the same time, she sensed something with her sensory organs as a higher being. That
Great Demon clenched her teeth and waited for her avatar’s pulse to calm.
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 21 Chapter 3 Part 1
Coronzon being from the Abyss means she can sense the metaphysical realms of the Sephiroth and Qliphoth like Qliphah Puzzle 545 can.

Proposal: Coronzon should have the following added to her Powers and Abilities section: Vibration Manipulation (On top of vibrating her voice, she can transmit messages over large distances by vibrating glass and can likely shatter it as well).
Reasoning: She vibrated glass to speak across large distances and can likely shatter glass as well.
“Kee kee.”

A voice responded.

However, it was not a biological voice. The RV’s windshield vibrated to create the voice
like a speaker.

[...]

Coronzon could directly attack Egypt from Britain.

The ley lines were like the planet’s nerves or blood vessels. While they did provide a
pathway to reach here, the current of power covered every part of the planet like a network.

It was not this one pathway that mattered. No matter where the fiber optic cables ran,
people were equally connected to all the data in the world. Unless they were a dealer or
trader making tens of thousands of high-level deals every second, no one would notice
any time loss there. As long as the world was connected, the result was equal for all.

So...

(Is it not just here? Great Demon Coronzon, how many different parts of the planet are
you attacking right now!?)

For one thing, the series of conflicts beginning with the Crowley’s Hazards would have
affected the entire planet given the scope of it all.

But in this case, the nature of the threat was not so clear.

It was of course all over if they stopped moving and the RV was skewered, but...
(If she can remotely cause glass to vibrate, this could be bad. This is a threat to the
experimental equipment meant to create Lilith’s vessel!!)
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 22 Chapter 2 Part 1
Coronzon used the "vibration of her voice to destroy" a deadly curse.
After severing the unneeded hair with a karate chop and using the vibration of her voice
to destroy the deadly curse line built through her hair, “Lola” finally turned to face her
enemy.
It's also listed in her profile:
Curse Manipulation: Lola was able to neutralize a deadly curse from Mina Mathers using only the vibrations of her voice.
Proposal: Coronzon should have Resistance to Extreme Temperatures (Can traverse the vacuum of space and survive the re-entry to Earth)
Reasoning: Self-explanatory; Coronzon can survive in space and the re-entry to Earth.
(I should take a ballistic route instead of normal flight. Heading ‘outside’ and reentering
should be faster.)

That Great Demon did not care about her avatar’s convenience.

With Coronzon filling the avatar, that soft flesh would not burn up in the atmosphere.

A single line of light broke through the giant warehouse’s ceiling as it launched itself
outside the atmosphere.
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 21 Chapter 3 Part 1
Proposal: Coronzon should have Resistance to Radiation Manipulation.
Reasoning: Coronzon can traverse the vacuum of space and is unaffected by the cosmic radiation when ejected with the Windowless Building.
The artificial structure shot beyond the darkness of the night with the long blonde-haired
monster still inside. Airtightness and radiation shielding no longer mattered. There was
still a gaping hole in the wall as it flew straight toward the thick atmosphere. This was
more than a simple banishment.

“There is no way Coronzon will die so easily,” spat out the witch of darkness, knowledge,
and life.
They were outside the atmosphere on a ballistic trajectory at an altitude of 3,500
kilometers.

[...]

Her path clearly changed.

Great Demon Coronzon dropped toward Edinburgh Castle with the force of a meteor.

She fell.

She fell and pierced the surface.

If it did not burn up in the atmosphere, a human-sized mass was more than enough of a
weapon. If it crashed into the ground like that, it could erase something the size of
Edinburgh Castle from the map.

Light and noise exploded out.

The air was compressed into a solid wall that scattered in every direction like a shockwave.
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 21 Epilogue
Additionally, Aleister considered it futile to even attempt using the Big Bang Bomb which afflicts targets with radiation.
From Aleister's profile:
  • Big Bang Bomb: Aleister mimics using a pair of binoculars to look at the enemy, like the military binoculars used to designate attack coordinates via laser or GPS. An aerial support Big Bang Bomb will hit the enemy with the power of a real Big Bang, blowing through the entire universe and contaminating them to the very last cell with radiation.
Proposal: Coronzon should have Self-Sustenance Type 1.

Reasoning: She can survive in space. See above if you want proof.
I'll check some other time whether she qualifies for Self Sustenance Types 2 and 3 like Aiwass and Archangel Gabriel should.

Also let me know if you think Coronzon has Longevity or Type 1 Immortality for never appearing to age.
Age: Unknown (Appears 18, but has lived for much longer)

Don't even get me started on the Ceremony of Mo Athair, god damn.

Edit: Strikethrough as Qliphah established a connection to Coronzon's mind. She should still have telepathy from scaling off Qliphah. Also added hyperlinks to Resistances.

Last edited:
I'm just going to start bumping while adding fewer revisions at a time.

Proposal: Mina Mathers should have the following added to her Powers and Abilities section: Inorganic Physiology (Type 2).

Reasoning: Mina's not a human. She's a grimoire, a thought entity, and artificial intelligence which you can read about in her profile. Mina also doesn't have a lifeforce so she can't refine some into magic power.
The being who borrowed the form of the Black Cat Witch gave the answer.
“I am also an original grimoire named the Thoth Tarot. Even if I cannot refine my own
magic power as a living being can, the forbidden writings absorb power from my
surroundings to automatically use magic for self-defense.”
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 18 Chapter 4 Part 7
“...Mina Mathers.”

“Technically, I am no more than a processing device borrowing her form.”

The black cat witch wore mourning clothes, cat ears, and a cat tail.

She was the original grimoire known as the Thoth Tarot and she was a thought entity
accidentally created when a certain magician built his method for measuring destiny into
a digital parallel processing device.
“There, the grimoire titled Secrets of the Black Cat Ritual has been released. ...Mina
Mathers, you may have been bound to a large device, but that just meant you needed a
different symbolic Thoth Tarot to support your existence. If you take that processing
device weighing several dozen tons, rearrange it into a single book, and use that as the
vessel to contain your mind, you are released from your inability to move freely. Just like
transferring the flame to a new candle when the first has nearly burned down.”
Mina Mathers was “something shaped the same as a person”. She was actually a grimoire,
so she was not a human or even a mammal.
Thus, her skeleton, muscles, and various
organs did not need to move in the normal fashion.

And that meant she could entirely ignore the upper limits of the human body which was
bound by calcium and protein.
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 19 Chapter 1 Part 6
Following my previous addition to Coronzon's abilities, Coronzon's Lifeforce Destruction didn't do anything to Mina Mathers since again, she doesn't have a standard life force that can be destroyed or manipulated in the first place.
The demon physically roared.

Against a normal person, that might have shaken their body and snuffed out the life force
circulating within like it was a candle’s flame, but unfortunately for Coronzon, Mina
Mathers had none of those gentle and uncertain elements
This also fulfills the following description of Type 2 Inorganic Physiology:
  • Since these characters usually also don't have something like life force and aren't alive in the usual sense in the first place, they are furthermore unaffected by common forms of Life Manipulation and Death Manipulation.

If that's not accepted for whatever reason, at the very least give her Immunity to Lifeforce Destruction.

Last edited:
Yeah, i agree with 99% of everything you have said.

But i think it would be better to stop adding new revisions, there are too many already.

And one thing i think would be better to do is get all these quotes about Coronzon, Gabriel and etc that talk about higher/transcendent beings and do a thread for them alone, as it seems to be way more consistent than i had thought.

Last edited:
I agree with most things, but disagree with a few as well. (Qliphah madness stuff for example)

But as XDragnoir said, it might be best to split these up into multiple threads by character. If things go well it wouldn't be necessary, but if we get into debates on various stuff it would get pretty chaotic.

(Qliphah madness stuff for example)
Do you mean her range?

Ehhh, i kinda disagree too.

If her range is based on the Beheading Coins then it's not actually country-range, only the results cover the whole country due to everyone inside it being affected. We also don't have a timeframe.

Do you mean her range?

If her range is based on the Beheading Coins then it's not actually country-range, only the results cover the whole country due to everyone inside it being affected. We also don't have a timeframe.
Also think some of the reasoning regarding the resistances to her are kinda speculative IMO. If we split the threads I'm not going into details here, though.

I'm also considering whether Qliphah's dress is more madness or more social influencing, given how Accel used it in the last volume (which I still haven't finished cause I'm busy with ken deshita revisions <.<)

Also think some of the reasoning regarding the resistances to her are kinda speculative IMO. If we split the threads I'm not going into details here, though.
Ehhhh, i didn't see anything that was way too speculative here, at worst i saw things that would be better as "possibles" on the profiles, but everything regarding Qliphah was backed by a consistent logic in all of Churro's posts.

I'm also considering whether Qliphah's dress is more madness or more social influencing, given how Accel used it in the last volume (which I still haven't finished cause I'm busy with ken deshita revisions <.<)
From the statements about the dangerous knowledge in her dress we had before, this is just further proof Accel crossing the abyss made him the kind of being who can look at her without side effects (as that's exactly what he did).

Last edited:
Alright, I'll start splitting these into new threads. I'm going to keep everything surrounding Fiamma and the Kihara's in this thread since that's what it was initially about.
I'm also thinking about keeping Aiwass' Telepathy and Flight in this thread as it shouldn't be that contentious. I'll keep Mina Mathers' on here for the time being.

What I gathered that deserve their own threads are: Accelerator/Aiwass Resistances concerning their transcendence and additions for Coronzon.
Which do I put Qliphah in? Does it deserve its own thread or do you want to discuss it here?
I agree with most things, but disagree with a few as well. (Qliphah madness stuff for example)
That's fine; in regards to Accelerator I'm mostly concerned with making his profile consistent with itself. For example Accelerator has immunities listed in his techniques but not his P&A. So either remove his Immunities or add them to the P&A.
Do you mean her range?

I "disagreed" with myself as well, hence my statement saying that I expect it requires different wording, since I don't know the method for which she can drive entire countries to madness, only that she can. I only brought it up to get some input.

Last edited:
From the statements about the dangerous knowledge in her dress we had before, this is just further proof Accel crossing the bypass made him the kind of being who can look at her without side effects (as that's exactly what he did).
Hmmm... what actually was stated regarding her dress again? She had statements regarding dangerous knowledge, but I can't find the critical quotes regarding the specifics of her dress right now.

Hmmm... what actually was stated regarding her dress again? She had statements regarding dangerous knowledge, but I can't find the critical quotes regarding the specifics of her dress right now.
This:

“Wicked”, “pervert”, “ghoul” – the dancing text was driven directly into people’s minds instead of via their vision and it was all irresponsibly criticizing a certain human. Of course, she had not just so happened to pick up these malicious articles which had grown yellow or brown like autumn leaves.

And this:

The essence of this demon with rainbow hair was dangerous knowledge. Peering into it without the proper preparation would confuse the human mind and send you down the path to ruin.

“Hee hee, hee.”

The silver girl could not even blink. She could not correct her leaning body and clear drool dripped from the corner of her mouth.

And while she stood there, motionless, the barefoot demon walked toward her in such an obvious way it almost felt unrealistic. The English newspapers forming her slit-covered shoulderless dress produced an unpleasant sound. Would she shatter the silver girl’s mind, or would she use her other pawns to skewer the silver girl’s motionless body over and over? She was a symbol of lies

Iirc dangerous knowledge is also how the knowledge inside grimoires is called, so you can add any quote about grimoires to this

So like, i think it's really clear the text in her dress is akin to the text in grimoires and is the source of her dangerous knowledge, not sure why you're treating them as two different things.

I'm just going to start off by asking a question that gauges how people believe the scaling goes. Do you think that Platinum wings Accelerator is stronger than nerfed Magic Gods(excluding Nephthys phase manipulation)? You don't have to provide reasons if you don't want to since that's not the topic of discussion.
I was hoping someone else had them since I was mostly going off what the profile says. I'll list quotes as to what could give Qliphah her Types 2 and 3 Madness Manipulation.

(Anything that is bolded appears like that in the text. The only modifications I make are underlines and bracketed ellipses.)
She was likely a symbol.

A symbol of hopeless war. A symbol of formless disinformation that inspired unnecessary
grief.

This demon was the very atmosphere that drove people mad.

That demon’s mere presence destroyed order.

The newspaper articles writhed as they covered her feminine curves.

“Wicked”, “pervert”, “ghoul”—the dancing text was driven directly into people’s minds
instead of via their vision and it was all irresponsibly criticizing a certain human. Of
course, she had not just so happened to pick up these malicious articles which had grown
yellow or brown like autumn leaves. The battle had already begun.

Aleister Crowley had taken the form of a lovely girl.

So she was not foolish enough to judge someone by their outward appearance.

“Ee hee hee. Hee hee hee hee hee hee hee.”

“Honestly.”

With a light sound, a new figure landed on the apartment roof.

Another demon had arrived.

The person standing atop a rectangular chimney was Accelerator.

“...Are we really doing this again? Is this the same as with that A. O. Francisca kid?”

“Higher lifeforms like Coronzon and Aiwass are not that common. For one thing, there
are no truly pure elements in the surface of the Four Worlds. Accelerator, you bear the
name of a particle accelerator, but not even your power can fully separate them.”

“...”

“That is no more than an artificial demon with a much simpler structure. It just needed
to control someone. It is essentially more of a tool than a lifeform.”

[...]

Materialism, anxiety, greed, lust, ugliness, cruelty, viciousness, rejection, foolishness, and
godlessness.

Those were the things seen behind the toxic words of the newspapers’ sensationalist
articles.

[...]

Of course, that magician would not let something like this break her concentration.

The silver girl gave a flowing lecture to this newcomer.

“That is the inverted tree that stands in the opposite position of the tree of life protected
by the angels. If the just have gone through the appropriate training, it can assist them in
acquiring the dangerous knowledge found in that hidden world, but if you view it with
insufficient resolve, you will be bewildered by a fog of confusion, find something other
than the truth, and come to believe that a perverted underground ceremony is the one
and only way to acquire knowledge, or some such nonsense.”
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 20 Chapter 3 Part 5
On the roof of an old apartment, a translucent demon floated like a jellyfish with a dress
made of discolored English newspapers, silver duct tape wrapped tightly around her
alluring chest and hips, and long, rainbow-shining hair spread out like an umbrella.

She was the atmosphere of hopeless war that drove people mad.

Were the fools entirely under her control?

With a series of dull sounds, Knight Leader and the other fully-equipped knights jumped
up to roofs of equal height. In fact, Aleister Crowley could not even ignore Kanzaki Kaori
who lay collapsed at her feet. She could fall back under the demon’s control at any time.

“Nee hee.”

Qliphah Puzzle 545.

She was such a blasphemously evil girl that she actually looked like a stereotype.

A wicked smile spread across the demon’s face as Beheading Coins—which were actually
just shiny beer bottle caps—fell around her soft-looking bare feet.

“Nee hee hee, ee hee hee hee hee hee, hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee
hee hee hee hee.”

But her true essence was not one of common combat strength.

This created demon could control people with wicked temptation.

So how could Aleister be certain she would not target Aleister herself with that?

[...]

Evasion and defense were both impossible.

The essence of this demon with rainbow hair was dangerous knowledge. Peering into it
without the proper preparation would confuse the human mind and send you down the
path to ruin.

“Hee hee, hee.”

The silver girl could not even blink. She could not correct her leaning body and clear drool
dripped from the corner of her mouth.

And while she stood there, motionless, the barefoot demon walked toward her in such an
obvious way it almost felt unrealistic. The English newspapers forming her slit-covered
shoulderless dress produced an unpleasant sound. Would she shatter the silver girl’s
mind, or would she use her other pawns to skewer the silver girl’s motionless body over
and over? She was a symbol of lies. She was more beautiful than anyone yet she wore a
collection of trash. She tilted her head as she slowly approached and chose the silver girl’s
fate.
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 20 Chapter 3 Part 8
“Don’t pop up like this when I haven’t called for you. I don’t want them seeing you.”

“Oh, dear. Well, I’m glad you do know I’m your trump card.”

Qliphah Puzzle 545 flipped vertically in complete violation of gravity and her taped-
together newspaper dress trailed after her like a crescent moon.

She floated upside down.

Was this pose also meant to extract something from Accelerator’s heart?

“I did as you said, but can you really call that a success?” she asked.

“We survived, didn’t we?”

“Still, though.”

She was originally meant to bring about the madness of war.

She was the very atmosphere that drove people crazy.

So Accelerator’s command to Qliphah Puzzle 545 had been a very simple one.

“Y’know, while I do like the idea of encouraging the enemy to attack because you don’t
want to deal with a brutal surprise attack at their full power, no normal person would be
able to give that command. Nee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee☆”

Doing that was theoretically possible if you had the power to amplify hostile urges in
anyone participating in the battle.

No matter how powerful the enemy was.

From the moment their group had joined the battle, they could not escape Qliphah Puzzle
545’s power. In fact, the stronger they were and the closer they were to the center of the
fighting, the greater their desire to spread death would be. It was the same as the pressure
at the earth’s core creating such incredible heat. Unless they could choose to stop fighting
despite knowing how powerful they were, like Orsola Aquinas had done with Isis-Demeter,
they could never shake free of the negative passion.
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 21 Chapter 1 Part 12
Here's the text Accelerator saw when reading the newspapers on her dress. (Likely Social Influencing)
She was a demon artificially created by Lola (i.e. Coronzon).

Accelerator had taken her in when she was near death after defeat at Aleister Crowley’s
hands and she was currently secretly working with the #1.

Qliphah Puzzle 545 wore a “poverty dress” made from faded English newspapers
decorated with duct tape and thick pins. Countless English words danced across their
surface and lined up to create shocking articles.

The fear of Academy City’s human experiments. Should clone tech be internationally
banned? The #1. Manufacturing people from human cells. Ignoring their human rights.
The possibility of a new threat. Using them as a new commodity for safe and cheap labor.

“Now, now. What do you need with a demon like me?”

“First, why even bother with that meaningless performance?”

[...]

The text covering those crinkling newspapers was likely completely different from what
Aleister Crowley had seen. It might change depending on who was looking at it.

Materialism, anxiety, greed, lust, ugliness, cruelty, viciousness, rejection, foolishness, and
godlessness.

It was all a metaphor for the Qliphoth that pointed to all this world’s vices.

Accelerator could only quietly click his tongue.

[...]

And that symbol of dangerous knowledge spoke.
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 21 Chapter 1 Part 5
Also, I found what gives Accelerator(in his profile) his immunity to Nephthys's Empathic Manipulation from her tears. It's also evident from the fact that Nephthys has to target and boost Qliphah's power to affect Accelerator rather than just manipulating his emotions directly with her tears. It's very odd for him to resist Nephthys' hax but not Qliphah's however. Is Nephthys also only Socially Influencing?
“Your tears cause psychological change. It’s the same as a stage play, really. You let other
people see you crying in order to shake their emotions and inspire them to cry as well.
That’s the identity of your boost that sends people out of control. Now that I understand
it, it’s just pathetic. A sick kid is separated from his puppy during a war and the puppy
desperately runs back to his master only to arrive too late and find the kid’s dead. Sure,
some morons might cry, but so what? Tears are worthless trash when they’re a calculated
ploy to get what you want. Your tears are like asking someone what they had for dinner
three days go. Who remembers that shit!?”
Accelerator is stated to not be able to do anything about Qliphah's power when it's boosted by Nephthys and sent out of control, prior to Clonoth Tree.
Tears of joy, tears of rage, tears of sorrow, and tears of mirth.

And in this case...

“Tears of transmission? It lets her boost whatever magic she targets?”

It was Qliphah Puzzle 545 who felt a tremor down her spine since she was familiar with
magic.

Her marine tail twisted in displeasure.

“It’s similar to Annie Horniman’s magic, but Nephthys is alone here. What good is
boosting magic?”

“Oh, it’s good for something. I have a target right here after all.”

Nephthys giggled.

She opened her tear-damp eyes and her gaze pierced the target to be boosted.

“Target: Qliphah Puzzle 545 – Boost.’”

“What!?”

By the time the demon voiced her surprise, it was too late and the situation was
explosively changing. Qliphah Puzzle 545 freely controlled the madness of war and its
effects were powerful enough to envelop the entire magic kingdom of Great Britain. But
now that was amplified. No, it was sent wildly out of control by an external source
Nephthys was indeed a Magic God. A boost from her was more than just a slight push in
the right direction.
When a hero or warrior was supported by their god, it was not
uncommon for their immense success to be paid for with a short life.
And their early death
would come in a decidedly unhappy form, such as death in battle or execution.

Nephthys was using that as an attack.

All to mess with Accelerator who was closest to that artificial demon.

“Oh, no! Run away, master!!”

Again, it was too late.

The outcome could not be overturned.

“Gh...”

Did a spiraling red mass trail after him because he had coughed up some blood?

“Bfh!?”

The #1’s reflection and vector control were useless against Qliphah Puzzle 545’s power.
He was like a tank or warship caught in the detonation of a shell contained inside itself.
And the more powerful he was, the harder it hit him. All of the power Accelerator held
was unleashed on his own body and he entered a tailspin as he fell from the train.

“Hm, so is that all he can do?”
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 22 Chapter 2 Part 8
Note: Source text above indicates that Nephthys's Boost might be doing more than just amplifying Qliphah's power.

However, Qliphah no longer has to fear whether her power boosted by Nephthys will harm Accelerator when connected to the Clonoth Tree and is confident they can defeat whatever Nephthys throws at them.
“Magic God, you still cling to the surface!! So don’t think you stand a chance against my
master who has crossed the Abyss!!!!!”

[...]

Once Academy City’s #1 monster got up, the translucent demon wrapped her arms around
his neck.

She would not run away any more.

She was no longer afraid.

She now understood what her contractual master had said. Don’t cry. Don’t be afraid. Yes,
she could really and truly rely on him, so she did not even need to fear the possibility of
her actions harming him!!

“You don’t understand magic and you don’t know the rules, so that Magic God could mock
you and act all omniscient and omnipotent, but that ends now.”

In order to truly give him her power and to fight while harming each other, Qliphah Puzzle
545 glared directly at Magic God Nephthys.

“I will provide you with what you need to know by installing the knowledge of the entire
tree of seventy-eight cards. It doesn’t matter if you are aware of it or not, master. Just
control the vectors however feels right to you. All of ‘us’ will make sure it all works out!!”

[...]

The silver-haired, brown-skinned god gave a short response.

“Oh, dear.”

She wiped the drops from her eyes with her chocolate-colored thumb, but that probably
did not mean much.

It no longer mattered whether or not the sprinklers were running.

She could not get between those two on a more fundamental level. There was no longer
an opening for her fake tears there.

“This might be bad.”

“I don’t give a shit about fake tears used as a weapon.”

Accelerator spoke quietly while unsteadily approaching.

That monster was trying to grasp at certain victory while being injured by enemy and ally
alike.

The battle on that train flashed through the back of his mind.

He remembered that girl who had carried no responsibility at all yet had still cried because
she thought it was her fault.

“I don’t need any calculations or math here.”

Academy City’s #1 spat out the blood in his mouth and silently clenched his fist.

That purified white monster had ascended to the point that he could say these words.

“Real tears carry even more weight than blood. So you’re gonna have to do a hell of a lot
of crying to make up for what you did, you piece of shit.”
So I believe he does have resistance to Qliphah, but I don't know how we'd fit it in the current keys since it would only apply in Post-Qliphah and requires the knowledge brought from Clonoth Tree/WilloftheMisakaNetwork but doesn't require platinum wings. It might not be so difficult if I knew what time frame exactly is "Post-Qliphah" and if Qliphah/Accelerator still retains knowledge of the Abyss even w/o help from the Will. Maybe it fits in the Base key since his manipulation of the unusual magical vectors is in there.

If Qliphah can permanently sense the Clonoth Tree(like she can sense the Sephiroth and Qliphoth), then that's another reason the resistance could apply to Accel's Post-Qliphah Base key.
Great Demon Coronzon was a demon of the Sephiroth rather than the Qliphoth.

She hid in the territory known as the Abyss where the hidden Sephirah named Da’at was
also found. From there, she managed who ascended and descended the tree. She was the
manager whose role was to prevent foolish humans from reaching the tree’s knowledge
too easily. In the modern age, fortunetelling had been standardized so anyone could do it
as long as they had the cards. But not everyone would succeed. Why was that? Because
someone lurked within to obstruct their path in the form of desire and fear.

So.

If Qliphah Puzzle 545 had that functionality as well...

“We’re counting on you, Demon-chan /return. ...It looks like Misaka can never escape
being the accuser /return. She can get in his way by reminding him of his crimes and
causing him to stray from his current path /backspace, but that’s all /return. You’re
probably the only one who can support him in a different direction
without having him
focus on crime and punishment /return.”

A quiet murmur could be heard in that place.

“I am a demon without a place in any of the ten spheres.”

Qliphah Puzzle 545 could clearly sense it now.

In her own way, she could sense the invisible field of power and the linked data entity that
covered the world.

“Thus, I can become the manager seated in the unmarked eleventh sphere!! My name is
Qliphah Puzzle 545, my number is the true eleven, and its meaning is ‘the stepping stone
of wickedness that supports good deeds’! The path of seventy-eight cards is found here. I
provide power to my contractual master, the transcendent lifeform who controls the
entirety of the still nameless third three. I offer the path of survival to that being! I offer
him the wisdom found beyond the Abyss!!!!!”
Oh I never checked Accel's technique section so I didn't realize that it states the Clonoth carries Anti-Magic Properties. Why is Magic Negation or something similar not in his plat wings P&A?
  • Clonoth: The previously unamed Tree which Accelerator rewrote and implanted into the Phase. So far he has demonstrated that once a connection is established to this tree through Qliphah (likely instantaneous) it increases his calculation powers and upgrades his reflection capabilities. Giving him now the ability to manipulate unknown energy in the form of invisible vortex-like spears to null Magic and an upgraded field that carries Anti-Magic properties.
Somehow I missed this reply and read it last. I'm still only at NT22R, but based off the quotes I found, some of Qliphah's(and even Coronzon's) effects like the newspapers are indeed more like Social Influencing like you said which would explain why no one including Aleister experienced great madness effects when reading them. In the first quote I provided in this comment, Aleister gave an explanation and talked to Accelerator like normal after reading the text on the newspapers (p.132). 20 pages later in the novel however, Aleister was affected by Qliphah's actual madness manipulation when she looked at her, which are the latter quotes XDragnoir provided (p.151).

Regardless, she still has types 2 and 3 madness manipulation since it seems to me that if Accelerator isn't immune to Qliphah, then she can selectively designate who she wants to afflict madness with when they look at her (i.e Aleister). You can think of it like an On/Off toggle switch. I found that Accelerator might not be resisting those effects(prior to Clonoth Tree) since he's not being targeted, except for the Social Influencing from her dress.
This created demon could control people with wicked temptation.

So how could Aleister be certain she would not target Aleister herself with that?
“Come to think of it, with the board chairman stuff and everything, you seem awfully
knowledgeable about the science side. How much do you know about Aleister?”

“Only what data was given to me to define my enemy. I, Qliphah Puzzle 545, was set to
autonomously activate as a Crowley killer if Lola Coronzon was no longer in control of the
world. Simply put, killing Crowley is the entire reason I exist.”
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 21 Chapter 1 Part 5

I changed my mind a lot while writing this out, so apologies if some stuff is out of order, disorganized, or even contradictory.
This topic is complicated to say the least and proved to need its own thread which I'll create.

Last edited:

Ignore this comment, I will likely delete it later.​

I'm just saving these somewhat related revisions for future CRT threads. This comment was originally part of the above comment, but I decided to split it into two different posts in a vain attempt to preserve clarity.

Qliphah should be resistant to her own mind, madness, and, empathic manipulation for obvious reasons and also because she can peer into the inverse Qliphoth that contains dangerous knowledge and is an anthropomorphized version of the Tree of Qliphoth herself.
This was a tree anthropomorphized by human knowledge. She was a partial demon
created exclusively as a possession specialist. Her structure was similar yet different to
the humans who corresponded to the tree of life. She was a thought being who was the
inverse of Mina Mathers, the embodiment of the Thoth Tarot.
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 20 Chapter 3 Part 5
Aleister is the one who resisted Qliphah's effects from the quotes provided above, so he/she should have resistance to Types 2 and 3 Madness Manipulation due to their in-depth knowledge of the Sephiroth(which Accelerator also later acquires).
However.

Far too suddenly, Aleister’s right hand grabbed the demon’s neck.

This was not just a reflexive action.

The silver girl’s eyes were staring straight at the hole in the forehead of the demon who
dangled from her hand.

The demon was not controlling her.

The impossible situation confused the artificial demon
, she kicked her translucent legs
enough for the thumbtacks to pop off and her dress to tear apart, but Aleister did not bat
an eye.

“The evil tree will trip up any amateurs who attempt to use it. At the very least, you should
not reach for it before learning the fundamentals of the tree of life. As a surprise attack
against those who never intended to view it, the sight alone can provide a powerful shock.

Just like a flasher in a trench coat on the streets at night.”

The harshness mixed into the speech may have just been Crowley’s Crowleyness.

“But if you have sufficient training and experience, the evil tree can assist you in acquiring
dangerous knowledge. And all that really means is to learn the standard Sephiroth before
peering into the inverse Qliphoth
.”

“Hee.”

“I am the human who understands all of modern Western magic. Did you really think a
mere inverse interpretation would cause me to err and destroy myself?”
Shouldn't Aleister have resistance to madness manipulation anyways from writing the Book of the Law dictated from Aiwass as well as the grimoires, Moonchild and Liber 777? Shouldn't Aiwass have Resistance to Madness Manipulation from being the source knowledge of the Book of the Law? What about Mina Mathers from being a Grimoire herself? Samuel Mathers translated multiple grimoires as well...
So what kind of person was Samuel Liddell MacGregor Mathers really?

Looking back in history would show an impressive list of accomplishments. The greatest
of those were helping to found the world’s greatest cabal and translating original
grimoires such as The Kabbalah Unveiled, The Book of the Sacred Magic of Abramelin
the Mage, and The Greater Key of Solomon. The originals were not just incomprehensible
but also shattered the reader’s soul with their toxic knowledge
, so he converted them into
a simpler form that anyone could read. That was the trigger which led to a Kabbalah-
centric magical culture spreading across all of Europe. Even the grimoire library of Index

Librorum Prohibitorum rated his writings at the same level as The Golden Bough or the
Book of the Law.

However.

It was less well known that Mathers translated more than just important grimoires.
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 21 Between the Lines 1

Shouldn't Aleister have resistance to madness manipulation anyways from writing the Book of the Law dictated from Aiwass as well as the grimoires, Moonchild and Liber 777? Shouldn't Aiwass have Resistance to Madness Manipulation from being the source knowledge of the Book of the Law? What about Mina Mathers from being a Grimoire herself? Samuel Mathers translated multiple grimoires as well...
We tried to add resistances based on grimoires 1 or 2 times before, but it was never accepted...

Back