• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Random Death Note Revisions

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Light Yagami

• Why is he 10-A? Look at the scene, he only caught L offguard and only then was able to hit him, L was godstomping him otherwise. Should be downgraded to 10-B, we wouldn't scale them like that anyhow in AP
  • Surprisingly, he has Social Influencing
  • Light doesn't necessarily have to have a Death Note, he has pages hidden in his watch for quick killing, they should be mentioned AND the abilities in general be listed on his profile
  • Light should get access to Psychometry too, it's OOC, but he can still get it nonetheless, thus it should be mentioned.
  • He has Limited Non-Physical Interaction for seeing the Shinigami, and has minor Preparation too, such as his mechanism for protecting the Death Note, and the finale
L

• His profile name should be changed to L. Lawliet
  • His weakness is lowkey bullshit, it is a throwaway joke anyhow and I doubt L was that serious
  • Looking at his 10-A feat, he has minor Acrobatics for pulling off dem kicks
Misa Amane

Light is considered a very physically fit person, he's a star athlete in his class in addition to being the top student. So 10-A is reasonable. And he's hand to hand combat on par with L, who is "Much stronger than he looks".

The rest seems reasonable however.

He isn't scaleable to L IMO, he never gets valid hits onto the guy that L doesn't just shrug off

I agree with DDM, Light being 10-A isn't unreasonable.

>Limited Non-Physical Interaction for seeing the Shinigami

Have they actually interacted with Shinigami though? I remember that one guy on the bus when he saw Ryuk his bullets went through him even though he could see him. I think Limited Enhanced Senses or Extrasensory Perception would be better.

>Looking at his 10-A feat, he has minor Acrobatics for pulling off dem kicks

He already has this covered by the capoeira thing on his profile, so it's pretty redundant. I don't think it's necessary.

Everything else is good though.

Seeing characters like them is a form of NPI too, Light and co. don't suddenly have highly enhanced senses or are detecting Ryuk through other means, they can just see them, we use similiar concepts for other characters like this too.

Also surprisingly I didn't know what Capoeira was and I doubt others did, so I don't find it redundant to list it regardless

Zark2099 said:
He isn't scaleable to L IMO, he never gets valid hits onto the guy that L doesn't just shrug off
Light is 100% 10-A for being very athletic and matching L in a tennis match as well.

Psychometry is more a supernatural power where one just uses there hands or a medium like that. Light just had very high detective reasoning.

L's profile name shouldn't be changed since he's most notably known as just L, besides spoilers.

I think we need more actual acrobatics before giving someone acrobatics.

I agree with the rest though.

Oh yeah, the Tennis match was another feat they have. And both Light and L are considered physically comparible to various police officers who should be above average humans normally.

@Nico

Like, by Psychometry I mean the Shinigami Eyes which he has access to at any time

L alone doesn't exactly help giving results on searches, and adding a Lawliet doesn't exactly make him unrecognizable. Also spoilers for who? Light? His name alone isn't of spoiler relevance for us.

Zark2099 said:
Seeing characters like them is a form of NPI too, Light and co. don't suddenly have highly enhanced senses or are detecting Ryuk through other means, they can just see them, we use similiar concepts for other characters like this too.

Also surprisingly I didn't know what Capoeira was and I doubt others did, so I don't find it redundant to list it regardless
That's just bad wording on th NPI it assumes that just because you can interact with them you can see them. I'll make a CRT later for rewording it.

I mean, I still think it's redundant and unnecessary.

Anyways, running down the list.

10-A Light is fine.

Social Influencing is a yes for Light. Manipulating FBI agents and members of the Kira Task Force speak for themselves.

Preperation, Psychometry, and the other means of using the Death Notes powers all speak for themselves.

For Non-Physical Interaction, I distinctly remember Rem grabbing Misa at one point after giving her a scrap of the Death Note. Light should scale via being a Death Note user. Although, this is coming from an anime watcher and not a Manga reader, plus Rem initiated the contact, so take it with a due grain of salt.

On that note, should Death Note users get Self Memory Manipulation? They lose their memories if they give up ownership of their Death Note and Light uses this to his advantage for an entire arc. It might be worth noting as a weaknesd at least.

L Lawliet should get his profile renamed, it's not that major of a spoiler and it's a well known anime from 2007. I doubt anyone would give us much flack for it, it's not like it's a Rey Palpatine esque twist or anything.

Acrobatics should be mentioned for charity's sake.

Neutral on the weakness thing. L has a real deadpan sense of humor, but we're still talking about the guy who sits like a gremlin and constantly stuffs his face with candy. I can see it going either way on how serious that comment was meant to be, so I'm happy to go with whatever the majority decides on thst front.

Only a year old. I've seen people brush of worse necros, especially sense nothing has changed to render the conversation irrelevant.

Non-physical interaction shouldn’t be a thing for either of them. Rem allows the physical interaction, there is no implication that Death Note users can physically touch them.

The fact that they can seem Shinigami however is simply enhanced senses.

Psychometry and such for Light should only be put under a “possibly” because he access to shinigami eyes but never used them.

Aren't the Shinigami Eyes covered under Power Bestowal from the Shinigami? Light does not have the power yet, and the means through which he can get it are external, kinda.

Light never had Shinigami eyes, but the Shinigami are able to grant them, so Shinigami should have it. It was people like Misa who had Shinigami eyes. And yeah, no human and not even other Shinigami can physically harm other Shinigami. So not sure about Non-physical interaction outright, but I might see some limited levels of it.

Wright's conclusions are probably fine to apply.

Back