• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Randall Flagg vs lolmidgodly (soon to be lolhighgodlybasedonahigh1c)

SBA says strongest versions used

Randall at his full potency would have Black Thirteen.

Good game.

No like seriously

Didn't King say the Black Thirteen had to be specified because it's broken as shit?

"While the character has been seen regularly using Maerlyn's Grapefruit and Black Thirteen throughout numerous appearances, the crystals do not actually belong to him, and he is seen traveling without them in his possession just as often as not. On top of this, both orbs are shown to be sentient, and have a tendency to act on their own whenever they are given the opportunity. As such, they are considered a form of outside help, and must be specified by the OP for them to be used in VS threads."

Yeah, no. Black Thirteen doesn't happen unless the OP specifies that Flagg is allowed to completely murderfuck his opponent into the ground have it in his possession during the fight.

It's not even the fact that it's one of the strongest weapons we've got on the wiki at this point. It's the fact that he's seen without it far more times than not, and the fact that its sentience makes it "outside help" of the highest order.

I mean...

I don't see resistance to telepathy, mindhax or transmutation on Frost's page. Mid-Godly only takes you so far when the guy you're fighting can read your mind, then mentally control all your moves, telepathically possess you, psychically force you into a dream-state, turn you into a pig, send you visions that run you mad, dominate your mind with nothing but a smile...

I could see Jack turning this inconclusive if Hama is the absolute first thing he uses. But other than that, Flagg shouldn't have much of a problem incapping here.

Yeah I don't think Jack is the type of demon to Hama spam. So I'll just go with Randall for now until someone can clarify if Jack spams Hama in character.

It is probably yet to be added on Jack's profile, but i recall some statements implying that some fodder Demons resist the Hymn of Angels, which can completely subdue Humans and deprive them of any thought that isn't related to mindlessly praying God. Sure, the hymn negated their very existence, but it was implied that it's mind-controlling properties didn't affect them at first until the output of the song was raised

How powerful is the hymn as far as its mindhax goes?

Also, do you happen to have the statements on-hand? Not saying I don't believe you or anything, but I know squat about SMT, so I'm curious.

Weak Demons surely can't endure the full extent of the Hymn, which can completely brainwash the entire population of earth and purge their minds of any and all thoughts that are not related to mindlessly praising God

They do resist it's lower stages / output though, which does the same thing, just on a smaller scale (Go to 6:05 of the video if this doesn't work)

Anywho...

Jack might be able to resist Flagg's mind control (I don't know how many people make up that crew, so I'm not sure how to compare it to Flagg mindhaxing an entire bar or telepathically commanding hundreds of animals), but even then, the hymn doesn't seem like a directly telepathic ability, which it would kind of need to be in order for his resistance to stop Flagg from reading his thoughts as well. It also doesn't protect Jack from transmutation, which Flagg is likely to use in-character. (Aside from mindhax, he's actually used that more times than anything else he's got)

How likely is Jack to use Hama right away?

Eh, not very likely. Since Jack mostly boils down to Ice Attacks in most fights he has in-game, so... Yeah

Hmm, if he can mindhax hundreds of animals, then i think he can do the same to Jack, who also has no defense against Transmutation in his physical form as far as i know

Voting on Flagg due to that

Back