• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rakudai multiplier stuff

The pen or the sword said:
That doesn't make this any less stupid to my eyes invisible opponent has a chance to kill enemy and screws around long enough to let other guy win... yay!
That wouldn't have worked.

Ikki learned the ability to restart his heart in order to prevent Akame from killing him

Ikki's "Skill" gave him the win, as Akame could have been bloodlusted and still lose.

Kinda reinforcing my point about him not going for the kill right away being incredibly stupid to me, arrogance and sadism are the crutch of lazy writers that need to place there characters in dire straits only to pull out the win.
Ikki would have ended the fight right away if he weren't nervous. The plot kinda gave ikki CIS so that he wouldn't end the fight right away, his opponent didn't kill him right away but still went for the kill (just not right away). Also i love how this is literally a single fight with a sadistic opponent and "this is a lazy writer" xD.

@Agnaa

He didn't have Ittou Rasetsu against Stella (he learns it later). And Ittou Shura massively blitzes. I even quoted above:

The second strike, and then the third. Here and there on the battlefield, Ikki kept moving like a windstorm between her flashing strokes, completely dodging each attack. His movements were impossible to follow. Forget her sword, even her eyes couldn't keep up with Ikki's speed. Eventually, Stella could no longer catch even a rough visual of his position.

Idk how this is not a massive blitz if she doesn't even have any idea where he is anymore. Oh and btw this is a stella who amped her speed to be far faster than ikki thanks to "6x unconscious amp to her stats".

Against Kuraudo he didn't use ittou shura at all idk where you got that. And against Kuraudo he felt arm pain from blocking, even though he can block Stella's strikes. That's saying quite a freaking bit. And yes he did use the block skill to block Kuraudo's attack otherwise he gets completely bodied in terms of AP.

Sadism is lazy writing I have rarly seen it used outside giving main characters the ability to survive/win against opponenets that have the chance to kill them.

EmperorRorepme said:
Ikki outskilling fate manipulation with footwork
This is why skill seems that unbelievable in rakudai. If we just give the feats it sounds plain stupid. WIth context it becomes normal af.

@Cal

Just body control.

I read that quote and that's why I said it was a massive blitz, but I thought that was the 2x amp.

I got confused, I thought the fight with Ouma was just a continuation of the fight against Kuraudo.

Sadism is lazy writing I have rarly seen it used outside giving main characters the ability to survive/win against opponenets that have the chance to kill them.
Me: If no CIS had been in play ikki would have won instantly

Pen: It's CIS on his opponent that he didn't kill him.

His opponent had CIS literally for as long as Ikki also had plot induced CIS (nervous af). It's not "imma just make him commit CIS so that ikki stands a chance".

Two wrongs don't make a right earl, neither of them should have had cis, I don't care particularlly who dies in this situation but neither of them took it when they had the chance. Bad writing.

Agnaa said:
I read that quote and that's why I said it was a massive blitz, but I thought that was the 2x amp.
I got confused, I thought the fight with Ouma was just a continuation of the fight against Kuraudo.
Nah, maybe it caused confusion but it was

"My ability is 2x amp"

"You're lying that's not 2x"

"It is not because im using all my magic and it's called Ittou Shura"

That's the context. He was just explaining his ability, not using the 2x amp.

It's fine, Ouma gets introduced WAY later on. Kuraudo is like Vol 2, Ouma is volume 5.

Two wrongs don't make a right earl, neither of them should have had cis, I don't care particularlly who dies in this situation but neither of them took it when they had the chance. Bad writing.
"It's stupid for characters to feel nervous in a fight where their literal future is on the line"

Yeah fair enough.

There lives are on the line and they fight all the time....How is this a new experience for either side? Neither should have been nervous, both should have gone for the win when they had the chance and both got screwed by writing.

Just accept that he was nervous, don't use that as a device to complain about writing quality because it derails the conversation.

You must have left that context out, because none of that was implied in this quote (where your quote ended)

Ikki's ability was… doubling his physical attributes.

It was called the worst among all the abilities a Blazer could have, because even without the boosting of physical attributes, a Blazer could gain far more force or mobility by applying magic. Indeed, Stella had used such magic during this match, and her attributes had multiplied five or six times, not merely doubled. In other words, Ikki's ability was a downgraded versio of what every Blazer could do just by using magic.
This was seemingly said by the narrator rather than Stella herself, giving more credence to it.

Schnee One said:
<Amane
<Fights all the time

Scuse me?
Ok so knowing amane this is the funniest thing i've read here.

Just for clarification. Amane won an entire tournament and got up to the semifinals of the 2nd tournament without fighting a single fight.

Agnaa said:
You must have left that context out, because none of that was implied in this quote (where your quote ended)

This was seemingly said by the narrator rather than Stella herself, giving more credence to it. </div

Yeah his ability as in his noble art. Not what he had used. My bad for leaving that part out but anyway if you want the proof for that you gotta wait till tomorrow. Am on my phone

I'm not trying to say that Ittou is only doubling, but that in that quote he only doubled yet that was enough to speedblitz.

Just remember that that's my point if you want to post a quote to correct it.

I know. Im just saying he used ittou shura not doubling physical power. But as I said can't post rn. Will have to wait for tomorrow. Or you can check out rakudai volume 1, chapter 1. Or just watch the anime fight ikki vs stella.

Physical ability is A Rank, Magical Control E Rank. Offensive and Defensive Power, Luck and Magic Quantity are all dead F.

This is all before he goes Desperado, though. But still.

I am well aware I can read

The whole "Ikki is physically far weaker then the other characters in the series" Isn't true, he should scale around or above their level.

I thought the rationale behing that was that his magical ability is a paltry imitation of what everyone else in the series can do and way weaker.

But I doubt a 6 times boost, give or take, would make him far weaker.

Not all others xD. Just most of them.

He's obviously stronger than shizuku in arm strength or Alice or amane or Sara. But when it comes to the people that matter like stella, ouma, kuraudo etc he gets bodied to hell and back.

I mean. Ikki had to use skill to fight against renga or wherever his name was. And he was stomped by ouma without even trying. While stella stomped ouma easily in ds. Yet they all have a rank stuff.

Almost every good cqc fighter is a rank.

Stella didn't stomp Ouma in her base form, where the stats are actually counted, she would have even lost if not for her going into her Dragon Spirit. Which as far as I know, it's stats aren't counted

A rank encompasses Base Stella, Ouma, and to some extent Ikki. As he can block and deflect Stella's attacks

I did say in ds. And they do count in the stats. Stats don't change.

Ikki's head would've literally vanished just from stella's shockwaves. Also can block stella but literally can't scratch ouma. He uses skill for everything, not AP.

They most certainly do not count in the stats, unless A rank encompasses an absolutely massive difference in strength.

Ouma isn't the best example, he doesn't block a strike through raw durability, he blocks it through his High Pressure Wind Armor, which Stella couldn't scratch either

AP has to encompass even the smallest bit as to not break his arms by blocking

That's what I'm saying. Ikki is a rank for being fit. While stella is a rank for causing earthquakes. Both are a, not the same though.

While stella's ds completely manhandled him along with his wind armor. Which is not as high as his normal dura.

His arms would break. But blocking skill. He just reflects it, projects it to the ground or lets the energy flow behind him. It's funny you mention this when they explicitly say without such skill he would have broken his bones.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
If Stella is causing Earthquakes through her raw physical power, why wouldn't they be the same thing though? It's just basic physical ability.
Im just saying either those aren't all that correct/retconned. And a rank is HUGE. Like God tiers are a rank. And begging of series ikki is a rank. A rank seems to just be for all intents and purposes be infinite

Considering Amane has S rank in luck, that's evidently not the case. The only explanation is that they are relatively close enough but the magic boosting that everyone can do but Ikki is way worse than everyone else at it unless he uses Ittou Shura/Rasetsu is what makes the difference.

That's the only s rank ever seen. And his ability is to literally manipulate probability. So his luck is s because it's literally more than pure luck.

But considering as i said. Both nene who can destroy a country and start of series ikki have the same rank in offense should give you way more than enough proof for why rank a is just huge. I didn't mean actually infinite btw i mean practically infinite as i doubt we'll see anyone who actually gets to s rank offense or physically

Back