• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rakudai multiplier stuff

It doesn't matter that it is the only S Rank ever seen, it just drives home the fact that A isn't infinite - especially when most of these people are close in these statistics but make up for it with other things.

And no, his ability had nothing to do with it. At no point do we see the statistics taking anything into account related to the Blazer's ability. Amane's luck has no relation to his ability.

It's being debated wheatear Kishi is a bad piece of fiction, why Ikki doesn't up and die, and how multipliers don't seem to be rap resented properly.

(This were being argued, not agreed on).

In my opinion, no. I like it and its characters and themes.

Because that would be depressing and awful.

That's fair I myself tend to just kind of tune out multipliers.

I mean, the worst you can say about it is trying too hard to justify powers with skills, and being too trope-y, but neither of those is that bad...

But yeah, back to multipliers.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
It doesn't matter that it is the only S Rank ever seen, it just drives home the fact that A isn't infinite - especially when most of these people are close in these statistics but make up for it with other things.
And no, his ability had nothing to do with it. At no point do we see the statistics taking anything into account related to the Blazer's ability. Amane's luck has no relation to his ability.
Yes but as i said it is practically infinite, practically as in it might as well be with how large it is. Considering fodder and the literal number 1's in the world are all A rank. Kurono and Nene (who btw is a desperado and has capabilities stated to be equal to Superman and Whitebeard) both only have A ranks.

>Close in statistics

>Start of the series Ikki and the top 3 desperados in the world

Yeah i can get behind that. Dude just stop it, are you seriously saying since they both have A rank in physicality. Touka Toudou, the girl who literally couldn't scratch Ouma is actually comparable to all of the following: Ittou Rasetsu Ikki, Dragon Spirit Stella, Excessive Awakening Nene, Exessive Awakening Naseem, Superman, Whitebeard, Tyrant likely even edelweiss. Is that seriously what you're saying?

And "doesn't take into consideration abilities"....lol. You mean like The dude who has A rank defense specifically cus of his ability that even allows him to revive? Abilities do count in stats.

@Agnaa , you can either watch this fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXseJt5swoE

Or

The second strike, and then the third. Here and there on the battlefield, Ikki kept moving like a windstorm between her flashing strokes, completely dodging each attack. His movements were impossible to follow. Forget her sword, even her eyes couldn't keep up with Ikki's speed. Eventually, Stella could no longer catch even a rough visual of his position.

"Kuh, what's with that strength!? How can you move like that all of a sudden!?"

"Because that's my ability. Just like how Stella-san can control flames, I also have an ability as a Blazer."

Ikki's ability was… doubling his physical attributes.

It was called the worst among all the abilities a Blazer could have, because even without the boosting of physical attributes, a Blazer could gain far more force or mobility by applying magic. Indeed, Stella had used such magic during this match, and her attributes had multiplied five or six times, not merely doubled. In other words, Ikki's ability was a downgraded version of what every Blazer could do just by using magic.

One could say that it was very appropriate for an F-Rank.

"That's a lie! Those movements, that's far more than just doubled! And besides, I've never heard of magic power also rising alongside physical strength!"

While swinging her sword of light, Stella made this protest. A release of magic power that could be seen by the naked eye, and then movements that couldn't? Such things weren't caused just by doubling physical attributes. Even if she was only talking about physical power, Ikki's had surely jumped more than ten-fold.

Ikki, still moving around like a windstorm while dodging Stella's sword, gave a small and boastful laugh at what she was pointing out.

"That's true, but I'm not using my ability the normal way. Instead, I'm using it at full power."

"Huh!? There's no way you would improve like this just because of enthusiasm!"

"No… I wasn't talking about enthusiasm, but the literal meaning."

"Eh…?"

"I've been thinking about this for a long time. Let's say you were to sprint a hundred meters after saying that you'll do it at full power. Even if you did as you intended, you'll still have spare energy afterward. I thought that was strange. If you really ran while using all of your strength, shouldn't it be weird to even stay conscious afterwards?"

How could that happen? The answer was because humans are alive, and living creatures instinctively want to preserve their lives, their instincts give top priority to survival. No matter how much a person pledges to use his full strength, his subconscious would never allow it. Even if he expends all energy, some amount would still remain so that his body continues to function. This limitation was hardwired into living biology.

Because of that limitation, humans didn't normally use even half of their stamina, strength, or magic power. It was an absolute rule.

But what if someone could break that absolute rule? What if someone, using willpower alone, could remove the limiter that keeps him from exerting his full strength?

"You… you don't mean―!"

"Yes. My magic power hasn't increased. I'm just tapping into power I couldn't before, after willfully exceeding my limitations."

Ikki lacked talent more than anyone else, and he understood that fact better than anyone else. He couldn't close the gap between himself and a prodigy just by working hard, because prodigies also worked hard, and it was insulting to say that they won only by talent. Insufficient effort could widen the gap, but investing effort couldn't shrink it so easily. A difference in talent was that vital a factor, normally.

If he wanted to close the gap anyway, he couldn't be normal any longer. He had no choice but to become a Shura. Ikki didn't avert his eyes from that truth. Focusing on this realization, he had discovered a way. To surpass talent, he could no longer leave any strength unused.

One minute was enough. It was fine to ignore what happened afterward, but for one minute he'd become strong enough to beat anyone.

That was the answer Ikki Kurogane found, so that his greatest weakness can defeat another's greatest strength. Intentionally using all of his vigor and stamina after breaking through his limits, it was a Noble Art that brought out all of his meager power for little more than one minute and multiplies that power several dozen times.

"Ittou Shura."

Anyway. Conclusions:

• Ikki is FAR weaker than people like Stella, Ouma etc. He won't be able to scale. It's the same as scaling start of series Ikki to Current Edelweiss or Nene's 6-B.
  • The multipliers are portrayed well. Ikki blitzes people all the time after multipliers.

Back