• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rakudai multiplier stuff

Ricsi-viragosi

VS Battles
Retired
Yadda Yadda, original text translates to "ten times" and "a few hundred".

Quoting ShiroyashaGinSan

"a number in Japanese.

Ittou Shura: "By removing the limiter of his body and surpassing his limits, he can increase his strength for ten times worth."

Ittou Rasetsu: "By compressing his strength even more, and making it to just a single second, he can increase his strength for few hundred times.""

While i have no problem with the numbers themselves i have a problem with the source. That is using a website and not the actual raw novel to translate from.

I asked around and that line (the ittou shura one) has 2 specific characters in it. Just the order of those 2 characters (Õìüµò░ which means "about 10 times" while µò░Õìü means "tens of times").

And using a website for something for something like ^^ is not all that good. Im fine with having these as possibilities though. As it seems incredibly close to apply that much trust to a website. Cus the actual rakudai wiki (which is done by the translators) also says "dozens of times".

Yeah thats why lowball, its too vague so either lowball it to the safest or just use the statement like we did for slime

It still doesn't change the fact that "a few" by definition cannot be "1". So the lowball would be 200x here.

In regards to FPE's point, if it's wrong, it'll be a 10x multiplier, if it's as FPE says, then it'll be lowballed a 20x multiplier.

Agree with NeoSuperior. However, I'd also like to point out the standards on Multipliers, which the 100x multiplier still might fail:

For higher multipliers, like times 100 and above, the importance of stronger evidence, such as feats displaying power of a similar magnitude as the value the multiplier points to or the multipliers importance to the plot of the story, and a higher amount of evidence becomes increasingly necessary.

Burden of proof, me thinks. Not sure if it s listed or not, but if it isn't it would need to be presented. If it is then he just didn't read through everything, which is fine.

Because I'm not very familiar with multiplier standards. I don't remember any mention of Ikki performing appropriately high feats with his 100x multiplier, and I'm not sure how much "importance to the plot" is expected for 100x multipliers or if Rakudai meets those standards with the 100x multi.

Hence why I said "might still fail" rather than "does fail".

EDIT: Ricsi's burden of proof thing is also accurate. I didn't see any of that evidence in the OP of the thread that added that multiplier in the first place.

Legit the first time it's used would be proof >.>

His Ittou Shura was not good enough to beat that other person , so he tried sth new (which actually needed to be that much faster/stronger)... So yeah. If you need scanz just watch like the... I think it's the last episode of the anime...or ask Earl

Because I'm not very familiar with multiplier standards.

I'm not sure how much "importance to the plot" is expected for 100x multipliers

I have been in one multiplier discussion in my life, and it was for a 10x multiplier. I have no clue what the requirements for 100x are and am only going off of the Multipliers page.

I mean the "hundredfold" multiplier of Ittou Rassetsu works for like 1 second. In terms of "released energy" it'd actually be below Ittou Shura which works for about 60 seconds.

Wouldn't it be safe to use it considering in terms of energy the feat should be easily within Ikki's grasp?

Yeah, even at absolute baseline taking Ittou Shura as a 10 times boost. Using all of this in 1 second. Would still put Ittou Rasetsu at 600x multiplier. Let alone with the other assumptions like "several tens" which would be Ikki releasing enough energy to put Rasetsu at almost 2k times. It being "many hundred times", is fine as in terms of what logic would dictate it's ridiculously lower.

About the multipliers, they would stand at:

Ittou Shura: "At least 10, likely 48"

Ittou Rasetsu: "At least 300, likely 500"

Is a few 2 or 3?

A few is often three, four, five, or even six, but it is certainly more than two.

And it is also according to dicitionaries. That "few" is synonymous to "several" most of the time.

Likely 48? Several tens is not at all related to 48. It's 50 at best, but like with other verses, we go with lowball, so 20 to 30 at most.

And as I said above, few being more than two is a misconception as far as English goes. Or, more specifically, it isn't most of the time, because few has no set value numerically and language changes a lot from location and time.

But this isn't English, much like several isn't. Get someone willing that can understand the raws, and have them give the most reasonable multiplier according to it, without direct translation, because those just leave the semantics of a language that doesn't even matter.

Oh i was talking 48 because of the actual translation saying that. Though we could get it down to 36, idm.

Actually merriam webster itself says that "few is similar to several" and points it out as it is usually 3 or more.

And again you say "it may not be this" just as an assumption, but there is nothing to say it is incorrect. The validity of it is not certain, but we can't assume it's incorrect just cus why not.

But "At least 10, likely 30" seems fine. No big deal.

I'd personally say

Shura: At least 10, possibly/likely (far) higher

Rasetsu: At least 200, possibly/likely (far) higher

Simply because we don't know what it exactly is, writing sth like "likely 30" seems weird

I mean that's taking the ones from the website to heart, but ok. It should still be 300, though. Might as well stay true to the description.

Did you miss where I said that those descriptions are based on a translation?

Few, several and some are the same word in Italian (or can be, at least), but itv doesn't say anything about number beyond "two or more".

I would say that Japanese isn't exactly made with a word that means "few" the same way it is in English. Find someone that can read it, and ask them what would be the lowest number it could mean, and use that.

Though just to explain what i was trying to say:

>Offical Translation = More than 2

>Shiroyasha's translation = More than 2

>Us: 2 seems fine.

Seems a bit silly was my point.

That's what is called a language barrier. And no, there are plenty places that say few is two or more. It isn't set, and there are claims for both, but overall it's what happens when you try and take something subjective (because the meaning of words is subjective and varies from place to place).

Again, if the Japanese means "more than two", sure.

Isn't he the one who gave us those translations of it being ten(s) instead of dozens though?

Also yeah. What Agnaa was saying about high multipliers needing backup is right, and Ikki isn't the only one that gets away with it.

Yes we need him to see what "few" can mean in context (in japanese).

Indeed, but it is fine in this case cus as i said. Ikki uses the same power he does in 60 seconds, but in 1 second instead. From energy he'd actually get far higher, so since the statement gives less, it's fine. It's not like we're going just off of statements. The actual mechanics do work as evidence. Does the 200'000x really have no other evidence there though?

A little reminder what Shiro said, by the way.

"Just saying but the word "several dozen" and I mean "few twelves" in the 48x multiplier is unlikely because language speaking, the Japanese word that conveys that words are highly rare or even straight up impossible. To get several dozen, the original text needs to say "ikutsuka no juunibai" which sounds so ******* stupid I can't even laugh at that.

Suujuu sounds more reasonable translation for dozens which means "several tens" and much more plausible ways of saying a multiplier than that abomination of a word. FYI, the words are basically phrase equivalent of naming a guy "James Grossweiner"."

Not that important but thought I might mention it just in case.

As for the Ikki case, at least 100, likely 200 or 300 is really the only compromise I can find unless there's precedent in the novel for the boost being any higher than this.

I already explained that this is actually super lowballed because the energy released is massively lower compared to Ittou Shura, due to the duration.

So 10x and 200x with a note possibly/likely higher sounds like the correct course to me. A few at minimum is two thus as we have nothing putting it higher beyond trying to apply logic to physical boost seems incorrect.

I'm not gonna rely on multiplicatively using amount of energy divided by time. It "makes sense" but is backed by nothing. Such an explosive difference would also need to be sufficiently backed by what happens in the novel.

The at least would be at the highest lowball 200. Cus there may be a problem with higher than 200 but there can't be a mistake like singular to plural.

100 is not possible

I don't mean that it should be stretched based on the energy factor, I am just saying that the 200x cannot be considered an "absurd amount" considering the energy released, i.e. I was refuting that little "need solid evidence for having any 100x or more multipliers to begin with" aspect. A straightforward statement and a massive energy leakage should imo be enough to satisfy that.

The only way Rasetsu would be legitimate is if he one-shot everyone and anyone with it. If they survive then they should be doing it to him when he's not in it, whether it's base or Shura.

The real cal howard said:
The only way Rasetsu would be legitimate is if he one-shot everyone and anyone with it. If they survive then they should be doing it to him when he's not in it, whether it's base or Shura.
Funny cus that's literally what happens. Idk if you know yet, but Ikki's current tier is wrong. He scales MASSIVELY below people like stella.

Back