• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Raiden has superior AP (with heaviest weapons) and superior speed, but his lower durability and comparatively weak striking strength means that he'll really need to use his weapons to beat Genji, and even then, it'll need to be explosives, since Genji can deflect bullets.

So, I'm a bit on the fence, maybe 6/10 to Genji if he gets close, since Raiden won't be able to use explosives against an enemy who's right next to him.

Lawd Obito said:
Raiden has superior AP (with heaviest weapons) and superior speed, but his lower durability and comparatively weak striking strength means that he'll really need to use his weapons to beat Genji, and even then, it'll need to be explosives, since Genji can deflect bullets.

So, I'm a bit on the fence, maybe 6/10 to Genji if he gets close, since Raiden won't be able to use explosives against an enemy who's right next to him.
Genji can actually deflect explosives if they're fired directly at him, like Pharah's rockets and Junkrat's mines. Can't deflect splash damage, though.

What are Raiden's "heaviest weapons"? If they are projectile based Genji can turn them around. If they are and speed is equalized I am curious as to how Raiden could put Genji down. I am relatively unfamiliar with MGS2 Raiden, so I would appreciate any gap fill-ins.

Hmm, while Raiden likely has an edge in experience, I'll probably have to give it to Genji for being able to deflect at long range, and for being able to quickly execute Raiden at close range through the usage of his dash and Dragonblade.

Giving it to Genji

Mainly cause of his reflect and Genji's ult could probs one shot if he gets a good shot tbh.

Lot's take note that Raiden IS capable of deflecting bullets with his HF blade in MGS2 and fought on equal ground with Solidus. Not only, but Raiden has had far more training and feats (Remember when he fought three Metal Gear Ray's with a Stinger?)

Genji doesnt have any bulllets.

And we dont know about them both experience wise, but Genji goes back since he was little.

Genji doesn't use guns, but he does use projectiles that are capable of being deflected.

If I recall correctly, Raiden started out as a child soldier.

Back