• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragyō Kiryüin vs Mega Houndoom

Given Ragyo's superior maneuverabiltiy and speed, plus hax more made for ignoring durability (I.E mind control and empathic manipulation), she has an edge, plus she is greatly more intelligent. On the other hand, Houndoom seems "stronger"? With more blunt attacks that could do a number on her, but she also has Regenerationn... So I'd say Ragyo wins this.

Oh, yeah. There's a reason speed isn't equalized. Houndoom and other final form Pokémon are being upgraded to Mach ~5300.

Also mind control won't work. Dark types no-sell mind abilities within reason.

All the other advantages are still there, so 1 for Ragyō

Hmm, not to sure on that, Dusknoir was considered to be insanely strong and he's the one who performed the feat.

I'd be fine with scaling it to plenty of trained mons though but not wild ones, of course this is a Mega so it should scale but I wouldbt scale it to all final forms.

That was for Legendaries I believe. Well there was a thread for it. Shouldn't be hard to find.

Just for reference.

7C Ryuko performed the casual Mach 4500 feat,

Ryuko gets casually speed Blitzed by Nui Harime

Ryuko then goes to 7A and runs circeles around Nui

Ryuko and her equal Satsuki struggle to keep up with an absurdly casual base Ragyo who is basically blocking both of their blows Whis style with her eyes closed.

Due to the lack of regen killing attacks, resistance to mind Manipulation, and Ragyo's incredible skill as a combatent, Ragyo wins

Like I said above, Houndoom (and dark types in general) resists mind manipulation, but all of your other reasonings are still intact (though burning someone to cinders bypasses that regen). So vote counted. 2 for the mom.

Ragyo is still FAR superior as a fighter, she won't let that happen.

Also memory manipulation can bypass that as she's canonically done that to Ryuko who resists it

Someone has to kill Ragyo....Not in a stompish fashion either....A bad mother such as her doesn't deserve wins.

Really? I think she's cool, her design is cool, she's an absolute badass, and her voice is cool

Gargoyle One said:
Really? I think she's cool, her design is cool, she's an absolute badass, and her voice is cool
Sorry, I despise her for what she did honestly. But that also means she did her job well and was a good villain.

I recall, when she took over the students, wasn't it because their clothes were laced with life fibers and she essentially activated them and then they took over the host's brain's?

At least I vaguely recall that, I haven't watched it since it aired so I could be wrong.

If not than oh well.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
I recall, when she took over the students, wasn't it because their clothes were laced with life fibers and she essentially activated them and then they took over the host's brain's?
At least I vaguely recall that, I haven't watched it since it aired so I could be wrong.

If not than oh well.
No, she literally produced the strands to perform mind stitching from her fingertips

Weekly is correct. She doesn't need her targets to have life fibers in their clothing. Also, why is "being a dark type" justification for not being controlled by having someone physically alter your brain? That's a little different to a confusion type move or something.

Kinda why I think it should be biological manipulation or possession rather than mind manipulation. Because mind manipulation isn't exactly literal. It's more consciousness manipulation.

For the record, psychic types (not named Mewtwo) and even some ghost types do have actual feats of mind manipulation rather than things like TK or TP or something. Like Alakazam, Hypno, Malamar, Gothitelle...

See that's something that's been bothering, someone with soul manip or mind manip resists being uneffected by it in vs matches, there's variations of the hax, because one can resist one type of it doesn't mean they resist all forms of it.

Back