• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragyō Kiryüin vs Dante (Redux)

@Hst Regardless, Dante needed Trish's power, he didnt do so on his own

where is it mentioned that Dante sealed Mundus?

@Weekly

In Berial's, Mundus' son description it's said that Berial rules alone because his father is sealed away, this is Post DMC1 into DMC4 btw

Also Dante had surpassed his father by DMC1 who was sealing

Code:
-Mundus -The Underworld
Code:
-Temen-Ni-Gru
Code:
-Several of the guardians in the Temen-Ni-Gru
Code:
-The Seven Sins
Code:
-Leviathan
Code:
-His own power into his sword(Sparda)
Code:
-The Hellgate in Fortuna
Code:
And Argosax the chaos
Before the events of several games

Why would it mean that? He's perfectly capable in the mindset he's in
That's like saying why doesn't he seal every single fodder demon he comes across

He is not going in knowing that Ragyo is greatly stronger than him. Why in this context...would he start the fight off against Ragyo sealing her when he has NEVER done that ever for any boss or enemy or even TRIED to afaik?

Because again, why would he need to?

And you make it seem like sealing is the only way he can win

He still has Yamato

Code:
3 ways of time manipulation
Code:
Gilgamesh which can transmute organics into metal
Code:
Lucifer
Code:
Pandora's Omen

Surpassing his father doesn't automatically give him sealing

Its already been agreed that Yamato won't do much here

Why would he start with Time Manipulation, WHY You havent answered that. NO ONE HAS.

Being Serious for a character does not auto quate to "use best thing in arsenal immediately"

Dante HAS to start with Time Manipulation to use anything that could win the fight, otherise he is getting mindhaxed

And we've yet to even fully confirm one way or another if Yamato would even WORK

Aqua....

Are you reading what I'm saying when I mention Chrono Heart? Or are you just going to completely ignore it?

I don't know who wins here, but Chrono Heart kinda does it for him.

yeah..I have..but you seem to just ignore that he needs to HIT HER with it

he's getting minhaxxed in the time it takes for him to go and try to hit her.

Hst master said:
In Berial's, Mundus' son description it's said that Berial rules alone because his father is sealed away, this is Post DMC1 into DMC4 btw
Okay, even so thats not something dante did on his own and thus isnt something that he should be listed as having the power to do by himself

Chrono Heart is a passive ability as soon as he attacks it's activated(Shooting or Up Close)

Also as soon he got Yamato, he started using it immediately to destroy the hellgate and fight the Savior and then decided to send it to Nero to help him save Kyrie in which he switched back to using Rebellion

And calm down Aqua, it's not that serious

@Weekly It's said by Griffon in his final fight with Dante that he matched Sparda's own powers and surpassed them

It's not out the question it includes sealing

EDIT: Slashes only

AquaWaifu said:
yeah..I have..but you seem to just ignore that he needs to HIT HER with it

he's getting minhaxxed in the time it takes for him to go and try to hit her.
Did you forget he has teleportation via Trickster style?

Okay, even so thats not something dante did on his own and thus isnt something that he should be listed as having the power to do by himself

The reason is because like I keep saying, he's weakened as in not at his full strength to seal Mundus

It's implied that if he was at full strength Dante could've sealed Mundus on his own

He has the ability, but wasn't at his full health to use it

Actually going by the gameplay vid Gargoyle posted it does NOT activate via shooting.

He also needs to go Devil Trigger to use it. Which He likely would here but...still.

this still just brings up the point he has so many options and only a few matter in giving him the win here, how likely is it for to start off the fight with them?

Hst master said:
The reason is because like I keep saying, he's weakened as in not at his full strength to seal Mundus
It's implied that if he was at full strength Dante could've sealed Mundus on his own

He has the ability, but wasn't at his full health to use it
If he doesnt show the ability on his own we cant just give it to him based on speculatio

AquaWaifu said:
Actually going by the gameplay vid Gargoyle posted it does NOT activate via shooting.

He also needs to go Devil Trigger to use it. Which He likely would here but...still.

this still just brings up the point he has so many options and only a few matter in giving him the win here, how likely is it for to start off the fight with them?
I just corrected myself on that and also did you ignore Trickster Style's Teleportation?

How so?

Your argument against Chrono Heart is that he needs to strike Ragyo

Trickster Style resolves this by Teleporting instantly to her

You're assuming Dante is going to start a fight with this, that its likely. Out of the probably HUNDREDS of ways he could begin a fight, why would Dante start with this?

AquaWaifu said:
You're assuming Dante is going to start a fight with this, that its likely. Out of the probably HUNDREDS of ways he could begin a fight, why would Dante start with this?
Dante goes with what's best for the situation

This is shown several times

Yamato against the savior

Gilgamesh, Lucifer, and Pandora for each hellgate

Quicksilver to avoid the rubble

Even holding back against Nero because the situation calls for it

That's treating Dante as a sporadic fighter instead of a situational one

None of them had mindhax (and just simply NO mindhax) as potent as Ragyo.

He wont even KNOW whats the best option here.

AquaWaifu said:
None of them had mindhax (and just simply NO mindhax) as potent as Ragyo.

He wont even KNOW whats the best option here.
Again how so? He notices her fibers coming at him at an alarming speed and goes with what's best, i.e. quicksilver or bangle of time

he's not going to notice them, they're practically invisible and thin enough to attach to the brain passing through skin, muscle and bone like nothing. and Dante doesn't have any special senses to see something like them.

He was able to notice Bael(Or Dagon idk the difference) while he was invisible

And that's not invisibility, that's just being ridiculously thin to the naked eye

Back