• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragyō Kiryüin vs Dante (Redux)

Theres a bunch of reasons most of which have been argued against.

Either specifiy or your vote is invalid.

@Glass A LOT of the reasoning above has been debunked, hell even Sparda who was arguing for Dante changed his vote to Ragyo

I reread the whole thread and I don't see a good reason to vote for Dante, unless you think "timestop yamato jackpot seal lowdiff" is a good reason...

I'm actually thinking now the whole "Jackpot" is a sealing tecnique to be kinda...dumb and not right at all?

Literally on the DMC wiki itself just describes it as a phrase Dante uses before he finishes off the final bosses in 1, 3 and 4...just another reason 2 sucks ass.

Its seems to literally just be a catchphrase....wtf guys? This isn't sealing at all.

Im sorry but what IDIOT interpreted that as SEALING?!

Exactly what i said, its not some sealing technique, and even if it WAS sealing its not something Dante can do on his own, the two examples used both had outside help

AquaWaifu said:
I'm actually thinking now the whole "Jackpot" is a sealing tecnique to be kinda...dumb and not right at all?

Literally on the DMC wiki itself just describes it as a phrase Dante uses before he finishes off the final bosses in 1, 3 and 4...just another reason 2 sucks ass.

Its seems to literally just be a catchphrase....wtf guys? This isn't sealing at all.

Im sorry but what IDIOT interpreted that as SEALING?!
Berial: "Wrapped in flames, the Demon Berial was born and raised in The Underworld, a land known for its barbarity. As prince to the Demon Emperor, who has been sealed away, Berial faced ruling The Underworld alone." It's been confirmed it was sealing that Dante used

How many votes is it now

literally none of that even implies anything about Dante.

al that says is that the Demon Emperor who Berial is the prince of, was sealed away.

Sparda 20000000 said:
the demon emperor they are talking about is mundus after the events in the first game

Still Dante didnt use any particular technique to seal him he just basically beat Mundus up and sent him back the Underworld.

Actually no, it specifically says Berial ruled the underworld alone meaning Mundus was genuinely sealed by Dante

And I always assumed Jackpot was a nickname for the sealing technique he and Sparda used(especially since Sparda is usually sealing most of the antagonists away in the 1st place some way or another)

No It was speicifically caused by Trish giving Dante her power.

Nothing at all to imply Dante could've done it on his own.

AquaWaifu said:
No It was speicifically caused by Trish giving Dante her power.

Nothing at all to imply Dante could've done it on his own.
Again wrong

Dante was weakened from the second time he went to save Trish and was injured, coupled with the fact he just finished the battle with Mundus

Therefir said:
More like 0-5, and Dante doesn't start with seal.
This is DMC2 Dante, so he's less likely to take any chances and still has his chrono heart, bangle of time, and quicksilver style

Quicksilver style he used as soon as he acquired it to show off

Berial: "Wrapped in flames, the Demon Berial was born and raised in The Underworld, a land known for its barbarity. As prince to the Demon Emperor, who has been sealed away, Berial faced ruling The Underworld alone." It's been confirmed it was sealing that Dante used

How many votes is it now

Again it's confirmed that Berial was ruling the underworld by himself due to Mundus being sealed away

Yeah...sealed away IN the underworld....not by Dante. in fact every other time "Jackpot!" is said/used it doesn't seal. which is DMC3 and the anime...neither of which involve ANY sealing.

a one time vague ability that isnt even explicit that it WAS sealing against Mungus...he basically shot Mugnus back through the portal to the Underworld.

You're purposefully ignoring Berial's Bio

Berial's description specifically reveals that Mundus had been sealed away by Dante, and left Berial ruling the underworld alone i.e. Mundus isn't in the underworld because he's sealed

And let me remind you that DMC1 > DMC4

Sparda is dead

Vergil is dead

Who else has sealed Mundus but Dante?

And again the sealing technique has no real name, Jackpot is just a nickname like Boohan or Juubito

Chrono Heart activates passively every time he hits an enemy.

He also used it the first time he got it.

well no shit it was new. It'd be kinda ******** if he got a new weaponequipment and didnt bother to try it out.

AquaWaifu said:
its still something he never really EVER seems to use.
Cuz he doesn't HAVE to why would he have to seal away every demon he fights? Mundus was so powerful that he was forced to do so

Again, even IF we consider I sealing, its not something something he can do on his own. He needed help from Trish in one instance and vergil in the other.

I just want to say right now that while I do like Dante more, I'm pretty damn happy with Ragyo finally getting a win, she's been stuck with that loss to Gil for ages.

WeeklyBattles said:
Again, even IF we consider I sealing, its not something something he can do on his own. He needed help from Trish in one instance and vergil in the other.
It's not that he couldn't do it on his own, it's that he was too weakened from saving Trish and fighting Mundus

AquaWaifu said:
Then that means he isnt going to start with it
Why would it mean that? He's perfectly capable in the mindset he's in

That's like saying why doesn't he seal every single fodder demon he comes across

Hst master said:
It's not that he couldn't do it on his own, it's that he was too weakened from saving Trish and fighting Mundus
He needed Vergils help against Arkham. What im saying is dante has nonfeats whatsoever of using sealing on his own if at all

Hst master said:
AquaWaifu said:
Then that means he isnt going to start with it
Why would it mean that? He's perfectly capable in the mindset he's in
That's like saying why doesn't he seal every single fodder demon he comes across

He is not going in knowing that Ragyo is greatly stronger than him. Why in this context...would he start the fight off against Ragyo sealing her when he has NEVER done that ever for any boss or enemy or even TRIED to afaik?

He sealed Mundus but not Arkham, they straight up killed him

Mundus is continuously mentioned as not being in the Underworld due to being sealed

And to boot it was part of Mundus' plan to weaken Dante so that he couldn't seal him away in which he ussd Trish as bait otherwise Dante wouldn't have been much of a threat to him since he could've always come back

Back