• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragyō Kiryüin vs Dante (Redux)

>She can literallly control hundreds of people in a moment. those fibers move really damn quick

Well thank god speed is equalised so its totally worthless

Dante still lowdiffs. Doesnt need yamato either.

did you not read they are practically invisible?

God you're getting annoying with your Dante wank.

He cant even resist her level of minhax anyway

I'd like to point out that it was never "Unanimously" disagreed that he couldn't bypass her regen within that old thread. Ryu himself even commented on the end claiming he can bypass it.

They were just saying it can bypass it, that's all.

That said, I'm currently in a discussion with Ever about whether he should have Yamato in DMC2.

Clearly missing the point smh. Dante can still bypass levels of regen. Don't know why people keep acting like it's Alucards regen.

No it cant, everyone agrees it cant. You just saying 'lol yeah it can' doesnt make your point right.

Time stop alone wont kill her

LordAizenSama said:
Yes it can
Doesn't matter though

Because Dante timestops and ragyo becomes rektyo.

You...you didnt explain anything. what can he possibly do with time stop if you also agree he doesnt even need Yamato she has a SIGNIFICANT AP AND DURABILITY advantage

she has also has BETTER regen than him that is Im pretty just as fast as his.

Dante's only stuff here that could possibly matter is sealing, spatial manipulation via Yamato, Time manipuation and Time Stop, maybe that minor precog via Alastor, minor transmutation via Gilgamesh, and maybe attack reflection via Royal Guard?

Time Stop isnt forever, it requires energy, DT runes to spend... gameplay mechanics inside, I would say it stops time for a reasonable amount of time but nothing too serious.

Quicksilver is slowing down time to a crawl for from Dante's perspective a few seconds iirc, this shown both in cutscene and gameplay.

and even when Dante HAD Yamato...did he really ever use it often? Did he use it like "Oh jeez this is MY go to weapon!"

The only way Dante can win is if he IMMEDIATELY (to stop Ragyo from mindhaxxing him which he wouldn't likely know about even with that minor precog.) starts off with Time Stop and uses Yamato to seal OR use spatial Manipulation to take down Ragyo ( if it's spatial Manipulation can in fact get past her regen)

Thats ONE/TWO ways with ONE ability....with ONE weapon. of which dante has an ASSLOAD of abilities and weapons.

IMO, even if Dante's resistance is not really good, it should be enough to resist Ragyo's mind hax for a bit, realize that he's in a bad situation and stop the time. And even though it's not guaranteed that Yamato will do jack, I think Transmutation via Gilgamesh should work just fine, I don't know where the "Minor" part came from.

Voting Dante for this and reasons above.

The hell it won't. Ryuko, who has a FAR better feat in resisting mind manipulation had her memories of her ENTIRE LIFE modified to the point she kissed her father's killer and was going about ******** all over verbally towards Senketsu.

and though you may have a point with Gilgamesh, I think Dante's vast arsenal is to his downfall as only a FEW things will do anything of worth here. Meaing its unlikely for him to use said weapons before being mindahxed....plus as I said he aint even going ot get to use Gilgamesh due to being mindhaxed

Yamato wont help much and Jackpot only works against demons

Where is it said jackpot only works on demons not saying you're wrong I just don't remember that being said

i say Dante Gilgamesh would be able to affect ragyo regen and in combination with his time manipulation

Also Dante has fought demons with high mid to low high Regenerationn before and has beaten them so that's nothing new to Dante

The problem here is regardless of whether or not Dante is serious, he would have no idea what Ragyo is capable of and by the time he WOULD it would be too late and he'd already be mindhaxxed. He would have to decide to choose the ONE or TWO options he has out of DOZENS if not HUNDREDS that would get him the win before Ragyo mind manipulated him. BOTH of which require him to instantly start with his time stop.

I don't think we should assume it only works on demons because Dante only fights demons and he has only ever used it twice against mundus and arkham

How good is ragyo'd mindhax

Good enough to make hundreds of people chosen specificaly by Satsuki to resist Life Fibers to be Ragyo's slaves instantly, and enough to warp even Ryuko's mind making entirely new life memories and warping her to the point of kissing Nui Harime her father's murderer and going to verbally assault Senketsu callously who she normally cares for to an extreme amount.

@Sparda That doesnt address the concern of the supposed Jackpot technique potentially not even existing...

WeeklyBattles said:
@Sparda That doesnt address the concern of the supposed Jackpot technique potentially not even existing...
We know he does have sealing he used it in his last fight with mundus and with arkham

And in the sparda devil trigger he would have definitely have sealing as he has all of sparda's powers one of which was sealing

Do you have videos of him doing this? Because from what i read on the DMC wiki it doesnt sound like sealing

https://youtu.be/0jvwzkwmFn0 Go to 19:47 into the video

Berial: "Wrapped in flames, the Demon Berial was born and raised in The Underworld, a land known for its barbarity. As prince to the Demon Emperor, who has been sealed away, Berial faced ruling The Underworld alone."

Sparda 20000000 said:
Okay, a couple things to note:

1. Dante was specifically amped by Trish's power, this isnt something he did on his own. I looked up the Arkham fight and again, he did this with Vergil's help, not on his own.

2. Thats not sealing. In the Arkham fight Vergil even says that their combined power killed Arkham.

And I'll say something here, to everyone who has so far said that DMC2 Dante isn't cocky. Just because DMC2 Dante isn't cocky and takes thing seriously doesn't mean at all he is going to start of with his best stuff right out of the gate.

Sparda 20000000 said:
He would still have sealing in the sparda devil trigger
No lady kills arkham
Sparda doesnt even have sealing on his profile...

Shouldnt that be on her profile if she does...?

Back