• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragna vs Nightmare

How powerful is Nightmare's Reality Warping? Due to Ragna's resistance to Soul Manipulation, he'd probably be able to outmatch Nightmare in due time if not for that.

Well if Nightmare BFR's Ragna into Astral Chaos he would have control of the area beyond Algol. Meaning it would likely be around High-End since Soul Edge technically made Astral Chaos. Otherwise he can just change the landscape similarly to Kaguya. Now The Reality Warping comes from Night Terror in which is a transformed state.

Doesn't cutting through dimensions count as Durability Negation? Sorry just thought about that...

There is also petty much this from Ragna: Can prevent his powers from being sealed or interfered with by Phenomena Intervention via the IDEA Engine.

So petty much the reality wrap part is covered if he has the Idea Engine. @Dragon I think so.

I mean can he escape Astral Chaos? Also if cutting through dimensions equal durability negation then Nightmare/Night Terror has that going for him as well. I really don't understand all of Ragna's powers.

These are feats of Soul Edge, i.e who Nightmare is. So basically yes. Soul Edge is Nightmare and Nightmare is Soul Edge. The Nightmare with True Soul Edge is Inferno, a.k.a the Spirit of Soul Edge. So anything someone can do with Soul Edge, so can Nightmare.

Well Ragna is resistant to SM but not immune. I don't know if Nightmare has resitance to Soul Edge. I would assume he does. But since I don't have a concrete answer lets go with how things are as is.

Both Ragna and Nightmare have range. And Nightmare does not get Reality Warping unless he transforms. And even then. If Nighmare is destroyed, Inferno can still come back and mimic Ragna's fighting Style... The question of course is can Ragna escape Astral Chaos or Night Terror, or both combined...

Well Nightmare flat out steals souls casually to live. He can do so with just a wave of energy as shown in the Soulcalibur 5 opening.

@Dragon I recall see Nightmare doing that before in a scene while Ragna mainly do this with physical strikes from his sword and maybe his fist. Not really sure though on the fist part.

In any case it is not really game mechanic (even though it is coming from a fighting video game) as it was shown in the fight cutscenes as well. Azure Grimoire to be precise grant the ability to steal the life force while damaging the soul and then heal the person in question.

So pretty much both have the same soul abilities. It just depends on who can take out the other. Night Terror would have a Flight and Slight Power advantage as well as range. This is a hard one.

Yeah as I not so sure on who I can pick yet as I ain't a expert in both Soulcaliber verse or even Blazblue. If only there is a person that can explain it petty well.

Ragna:

Regenerationn (Mid-Low to Low-Mid), Master Swordsma and Martial Artist, Immense Willpower, Energy Manipulation, Can use Ars Magus to manipulate Seithr, Possesses a minor sixth sense, Barrier Generation, Can utilize Concealment Ars Magus to hide his presence from others, Can manifest parts of the Black Beast's body, Can inflict extremely heavy soul damage and absorb soul energy to restore himself, Resistance to Mind, Soul, Time, and Spatial Manipulation, Can prevent his powers from being sealed or interfered with by Phenomena Interventio via the IDEA Engine | Same as before, plus improved Soul manipulation, likely exists outside of Logic, attacks inflict Seithr Poisoning

Nightmare:

Soul Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Weapon Mastery, Dark Magic, Regenerationn (Low), Immortality (Type 1), Teleportation, Dimensional BFR, Duplication, Possession, Durability Negation ( Can cut through dimensions.)| Energy Projection, Flight, Reality Warping

Verdict:

Ragna is resistance to nightmares soul and mind maniplation, but not BFR, fire maniplation, possession, durabilty negation and reality warping

Ragna's barriers provide no protection due to nightmares durabilty negation

Nightmare has no protection against ragna's soul attacks

Nightmare can fly, ragna can not

ragna has greater regen the nightmare

damn, this is a tough one.......but i'd go with nightmare if you can look at the verdict of my explaination

Starkiller215 said:
@Peter Ahhhhhh you do realize he can fully transform into the Black Beast with Mu-13 I think.
Well of course Nightmare has a transformation as well.

@Dragon The Black Beast tanked almostly everything including nuclear warhead and even against the Six heroes that need powers outside of Logic. The Beast itself is invulnerable to almost everything. It withstood the nuclear attacks of every nation with not even scratches on its own hide. It owes this invincibility to the fact that it exists outside of Logic, and can only be harmed by magic, sorcery, and the various forms of Ars Magus, such as the Nox Nyctores. The Beast can also be harmed by those physically outside of Logic, like Valkenhayn R. Hellsing. Even when the Beast was attacked by the Six Heroes and a multitude of different Ars Magus users, such as Ayame Yayoi, it was still able to stand up to the abuse and proved to be an immensely powerful figure.

Seems kind of NLF'ish seeing as none of that stuff exists in other fictions.

@Dragon While going at it, it might take awhile as I got something to check on. Not to mention there is a Tier 2 in Blazeblue that petty as well.

@Dragon Probably best to explain it later as I will get back to this thread due to the fact this will not be easily to do so, but I think it is rather unrelated to this.

Back