• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[R3M3] Knuckles (DEATH BATTLE!) vs Plague Demon

Knuckles is going to have a pretty hard time here. Every time he lands a hit on Plague Demon, he's going to get pretty infected and he has no resistance. Multiple hits will infect him with deadly diseases. Plague Demon also won't just stand back and let himself be harmed with, and each of his attacks further cause infection.

Natural weaponry on Plague Demon makes it tougher. If he lands any attack which opens a wound, knuckles is hit with much faster deadly infections. Plague also stomps in lifting strength, and Plague Boost will be a factor if Knuckles proves troublesome.

Knuckles is kinda screwed. His main method of attack is punching, and that’ll get him infected. Plague’s a natural counter. Maybe he could use his fire/explosion power to nuke Plague away once he realizes direct contact is a no go. He should have far superior combat skill being a good warrior while Plague just knows how to talk a lot. Depending on the AP and skill gap, I can see Knux’s fire manip burning away the virus entirely. I also don’t think Plague can counter Knuckles going underground, unless he somehow makes his virus travel down there quicker than Knuckles digs and catches him off guard. What’s really worrying is Plague Boost and how it gives slight amps to Plague while slowing people in his aura. Still, if it’s just a small downgrade, I can see Knux working around it.

He should have superior combat skill being a good warrior while Plague just knows how to talk a lot.
Plague is also a demon-level monster who battled against Sora, the S Class hero, no small combat feat. He’s plenty capable even without the caveat of his diseases discouraging physical attacks.

Also, his diseases infect the body beyond just sickness, it makes them feel really soft and overall weaker, like how he was able to make Sora’s steel blades pretty much fall apart after they cut him due to the material getting infected and weak. That will not be able to be just burned away.
I also don’t think Plague can counter Knuckles going underground
At this level of ap, I don’t see why he wouldn’t be able to. All plague has to do is smash or stomp the ground and cause a quake that shatters all the ground around them, and then knuckles digging is no more. Or, if plague boost is on, just bomb the area and irradiate everything.

Maybe he could use his fire/explosion power to nuke Plague away once he realizes direct contact is a no go.
An ability like this would trigger plague boost quick.
Still, if it’s just a small downgrade, I can see Knux working around it.
Knuckles doesn’t have resistance to the effect from Plague Boost, so if Plague Demon just bombs the area around him knuckles is gonna get got by radiation (pretty sure you can’t just burn radiation out, not sure how burning would work to get rid of diseases either)

Plague Demon can also use his super powered air vacuum move to hit him with a massive air wave if he needs to (this can also push attacks away). I don’t think he would attempt to eat knuckles due to the explosion powers.

Plague is also a demon-level monster who battled against Sora, the S Class hero, no small combat feat. He’s plenty capable even without the caveat of his diseases discouraging physical attacks.

Also, his diseases infect the body beyond just sickness, it makes them feel really soft and overall weaker, like how he was able to make Sora’s steel blades pretty much fall apart after they cut him due to the material getting infected and weak. That will not be able to be just burned away.

At this level of ap, I don’t see why he wouldn’t be able to. All plague has to do is smash or stomp the ground and cause a quake that shatters all the ground around them, and then knuckles digging is no more. Or, if plague boost is on, just bomb the area and irradiate everything.

An ability like this would trigger plague boost quick.

Knuckles doesn’t have resistance to the effect from Plague Boost, so if Plague Demon just bombs the area around him knuckles is gonna get got by radiation (pretty sure you can’t just burn radiation out, not sure how burning would work to get rid of diseases either)

Plague Demon can also use his super powered air vacuum move to hit him with a massive air wave if he needs to (this can also push attacks away). I don’t think he would attempt to eat knuckles due to the explosion powers.
Plenty capable is good, but I think the feats Knuckles showed off of taking on someone bigger than him and outsmarting it should be enough. Looking at Plague’s intelligence rating, I feel he’s more Above Average than Gifted.

Knuckles can go deeper like in the DB where they went down into the mine system. Breaking the ground isn’t a guaranteed way to catch Knuckles, Donkey Kong did that and Knuckles just dug around it. Knuckles could also try what he did there and sink Plague by making a huge circle.

I was referring to Plague Demon when I said the virus, but heat also kills germs so it should work. Plague Demon has no resistance to heat/fire. Plague Boost is really Plague’s best chance of winning, but Knuckles can make a tactical retreat underground and beat Plague that way by sinking him and maybe dealing quick hits. Unless the radiation immediately disables Knuckles, he should be able to work around it. Even then, he can launch projectiles like he did against DK.

Air is a fine attack, though I’m not sure how effective it would be. I can see Knuckles throwing a rock to which Plague shoots air and Knuckles decimates him with an explosive punch.

Plenty capable is good, but I think the feats Knuckles showed off of taking on someone bigger than him and outsmarting it should be enough. Looking at Plague’s intelligence rating, I feel he’s more Above Average than Gifted.
I mean, he fought well vs someone who has a genius intelligence rating
Knuckles can go deeper like in the DB where they went down into the mine system. Breaking the ground isn’t a guaranteed way to catch Knuckles, Donkey Kong did that and Knuckles just dug around it. Knuckles could also try what he did there and sink Plague by making a huge circle.

Knuckles can make a tactical retreat underground and beat Plague that way by sinking him and maybe dealing quick hits.
Plague Demon can also jump out 🗿why would he just stand there and let knuckles sink him?

If he can’t jump, he can use the shockwaves from Plague boost explosions to launch out like a rocket ship

Plus he’s used to fighting in underground/cramped places like the new monster association base, so it’s not like being stuck or sinking down is a back breaker unless he gets really trapped.

Unless the radiation immediately disables Knuckles, he should be able to work around it.
Without a resistance, I assume it’s just as effective against him as it would be against anybody, so the radiation stacked up by mutually explosions is gonna effect knuckles extremely fast, if he also gets infected by Plague Demon after being irradiated it he’ll probably just succumb to that on the spot (no extra willpower to help this), and then he wouldn’t be able to dig or burn and then would just perish

Air is a fine attack, though I’m not sure how effective it would be. I can see Knuckles throwing a rock to which Plague shoots air and Knuckles decimates him with an explosive punch.
He can push away 7-A Sora at least a little bit (even before advancing to next key), shouldn’t have much problem shooting knuckles away like a cannonball, especially with knuckles LS being so low next to his own and Sora’s Class G. The air shot attack would be devastating.

Plague also has regen and the punch would be slowed down by Plague Boost Aura, in addition to the speed amp Plague should be able to just dodge it if that happens

I mean, he fought well vs someone who has a genius intelligence rating

Plague Demon can also jump out 🗿why would he just stand there and let knuckles sink him?

If he can’t jump, he can use the shockwaves from Plague boost explosions to launch out like a rocket ship

Plus he’s used to fighting in underground/cramped places like the new monster association base, so it’s not like being stuck or sinking down is a back breaker unless he gets really trapped.

Without a resistance, I assume it’s just as effective against him as it would be against anybody, so the radiation stacked up by mutually explosions is gonna effect knuckles extremely fast, if he also gets infected by Plague Demon after being irradiated it he’ll probably just succumb to that on the spot (no extra willpower to help this), and then he wouldn’t be able to dig or burn and then would just perish

He can push away 7-A Sora at least a little bit (even before advancing to next key), shouldn’t have much problem shooting knuckles away like a cannonball, especially with knuckles LS being so low next to his own and Sora’s Class G. The air shot attack would be devastating.

Plague also has regen and the punch would be slowed down by Plague Boost Aura, in addition to the speed amp Plague should be able to just dodge it if that happens
IQ and Battle IQ are different

The hole Knuckles made was absolutely huge, at least several meters especially given how small Donkey Kong of all characters looked in comparison. Knuckles only needed 3 seconds to make it. Boosting himself could be an option, granted he can cover that distance and not be yeeted by Knuckles. Not sure what’s underground Green Hill, but it might be water that’d take out Plague when he falls.

Affects of radiation vary greatly from just hair loss and burns to death, so some specification is needed for that to be a sure Plague Demon win con.

Is the air AOE? That could affect its usefulness. Plagues regen says mid-low, low-mid overtime so I’m not sure how helpful it is. Plague’s amp is stated as slightly while the slowing isn’t really specified so I just assume it’s slightly as well. So Knuckles can still a land a hit with added difficulty and planning.

The hole Knuckles made was absolutely huge, at least several meters especially given how small Donkey Kong of all characters looked in comparison. Knuckles only needed 3 seconds to make it. Boosting himself could be an option, granted he can cover that distance and not be yeeted by Knuckles.
I watched the video, it looks to me more like Dk got caught because he was being kinda dumb (mindlessly smashing the ground, plus DK not being the smartes throughout the whole vid). Plague isn't the kind of fighter whose just gonna stand there while knuckles burrows as he likes.

Also, when I'm thinking plague Demon breaks the ground, I mean in one hit 🗿Dk used many hits in the same situation and never broke the ground. Plague Demon would shatter the ground in a large way.
Not sure what’s underground Green Hill, but it might be water that’d take out Plague when he falls.
When did water become a weakness of Plague Demons? It would have to also be a VERY steep drop to kill someone with 7-C durability. Plus water would become instantly infected, and Knuckles would have a bad time getting in with him.
Affects of radiation vary greatly from just hair loss and burns to death, so some specification is needed for that to be a sure Plague Demon win con.
Strong enough to kill a normal human in a decent amount of time. The point is that Plague's blasts will stack the radioactive effects and make them stronger.
Is the air AOE? That could affect its usefulness. Plagues regen says mid-low, low-mid overtime so I’m not sure how helpful it is. Plague’s amp is stated as slightly while the slowing isn’t really specified so I just assume it’s slightly as well. So Knuckles can still a land a hit with added difficulty and planning.
The stat diff is about 25% both ways, so under the effects of the aura, Knuckles is basically moving at half speed compared to Plague, so should be enough to dodge most of the time.

The air attack is like a big wave, but only in the direction he's facing.
Maybe he could use his fire/explosion power to nuke Plague away once he realizes direct contact is a no go.
Also after watching the video, fire and explosion power looks very limited to me, far from anything like a nuke, and he didn't ever use an attack like that to actually harm DK (only using it by the end, and only on the rock wall), so I don't think that would be very prevalent at all. He had ample opportunity to do it, but never did. Why would that change here?

Is there anything Knuckles could do to escape a full nelson kind of move? He'd have no hope of escaping via LS if that happened. Plague could trap him like that and let his disease do all the work from there.

If he couldn’t move his arms then no. Think I’ll vote for Plague Demon. Knuckles was a real dark horse, nearly got two wins against bad matchups.

Is there anything Knuckles could do to escape a full nelson kind of move? He'd have no hope of escaping via LS if that happened. Plague could trap him like that and let his disease do all the work from there.
Plague Demon makes Knuckles catch diseases by the most questionable means possible FRA

Back