• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
After the first semifinal match ended very anticlimactically, the next two contestants found themselves entering the ring much sooner than expected. But their confidence was not wavered, rather, the two rose to the challenge using the determination and superior fighting ability which led them to this point. Both of them ready for the chance to meet Ness in the grand finale, both completely assured in their victories. However, in the end, there can only be one.

Plague Demon: So, a mechanical type Monster... Very well, let's see what makes you tick!
Mecha Sonic: It's no use running!
Rules Stated Here

Characters:Votes:
Plague Demon0
Mecha Sonic0
Inconclusive0

The winner of the match faces Ness in the final match. Good luck!

Last edited:
Right away, Mecha has the advantage, but Plague Boost blasts ought to be of great assistance here. Plague's diseases do actually have feats of softening technology and barriers/force-fields, rendering them weak/useless, as it did so to both Sora's technology and Ako's body itself alongside his Shield Grenades. If Plague can land a point blank attack (with either plague breath, claws, or with plague Boosts blasts), Mecha's metallic exterior would start growing soft, like a rotten fruit, and then Plague could rip him apart pretty easily. He also doesn't resist the radiation emitted from Plague Boosts blasts. Plague also resists the effects of his own blasts and disease attacks.

I was actually in the middle of writing Mecha lore for the tournament, guess I'll finish that later.

Right, so right off the bat sickness and radiation are completely ineffective due to Mecha's inorganic body, vacuuming probably just wouldn't be used since Mecha's pretty big himself, (And if it did happen, a chaos blast there and Plague Demon just dies) Plague Demon's attacks softening an afflicted person's body might work, though reading through one of his last matches it also sounded like it still needed to infect the person to actually do so? Regardless, if it does work, then Mecha would realize pretty quickly and likely avoid close range combat where he'd be more vulnerable, especially since he wouldn't even be able to make contact without being afflicted (Though said weakening can be somewhat countered by chaos emerald amping, in fact, said weakening would actually likely prompt Mecha to use the emeralds sooner than he would have otherwise) in terms of stats, Plague Demon's profile isn't helpful, but according to his last match, he's relative to Knuckles in AP, who's 39 Kilotons, while Mecha Sonic is >28 kilotons, so Plague Demon is likely a bit stronger, meaning material weakening could actually leave Mecha pretty vulnerable. That being said, info analysis means Mecha should be at least aware of the fact that close range combat is a bad idea, and Mecha's got no shortage of ranged options, with his energy blasts outranging even plague boost's farthest reach, teleportation to make sure he stays out of the way of any major hits (What exactly does the "dark aura" do?), flight granting vastly superior mobility, and with the emerald amping greatly increasing his speed (Though he probably wouldn't be full on blitzing due to plague boost increasing Plague Demon's speed as well, he'd still be quite a bit faster) and light speed attack to further increase the gap, a game of keep away would definitely fall in his favor, and Mecha falling back to ranged combat means he'd also be out of range of Plague Demon's slowing aura. Likewise, Plague Demon getting in cqc range isn't an instant death sentence for Mecha, at that range Chaos Blast is liable to do major damage (Plague Demon is only ~1.4x stronger, both are probably being amped at that point, though Mecha's boost sounds more impressive, being able to stomp comparable opponents while plague boost is only described as a "slight boost to all his stats" in his P&A section, so the gap at that point is practically nonexistent, and with chaos blast being able to completely obliterate several clones of Tricky who were comparable to Mecha, it'd probably come very close, if not outright take Plague Demon out if that happens), and while Mecha would be in range of the slowing aura at this point, he'd likely be emerald amped, which would cancel the speed reduction out, so Mecha would be able to reliably get a chaos blast off in that situation. In terms of stamina, while Plague Demon's is effectively limitless, Mecha's feat of genocoding an entire planet means a war of attrition wouldn't turn in PD's favor, even if he could theoretically outlast Mecha, the latter's stamina is vast enough that he'd be able to reliably kill PD before it became an issue.

I was actually in the middle of writing Mecha lore for the tournament, guess I'll finish that later.

Right, so right off the bat sickness and radiation are completely ineffective due to Mecha's inorganic body, vacuuming probably just wouldn't be used since Mecha's pretty big himself, (And if it did happen, a chaos blast there and Plague Demon just dies) Plague Demon's attacks softening an afflicted person's body might work, though reading through one of his last matches it also sounded like it still needed to infect the person to actually do so? Regardless, if it does work, then Mecha would realize pretty quickly and likely avoid close range combat where he'd be more vulnerable, especially since he wouldn't even be able to make contact without being afflicted (Though said weakening can be somewhat countered by chaos emerald amping, in fact, said weakening would actually likely prompt Mecha to use the emeralds sooner than he would have otherwise) in terms of stats, Plague Demon's profile isn't helpful, but according to his last match, he's relative to Knuckles in AP, who's 39 Kilotons, while Mecha Sonic is >28 kilotons, so Plague Demon is likely a bit stronger, meaning material weakening could actually leave Mecha pretty vulnerable. That being said, info analysis means Mecha should be at least aware of the fact that close range combat is a bad idea, and Mecha's got no shortage of ranged options, with his energy blasts outranging even plague boost's farthest reach, teleportation to make sure he stays out of the way of any major hits (What exactly does the "dark aura" do?), flight granting vastly superior mobility, and with the emerald amping greatly increasing his speed (Though he probably wouldn't be full on blitzing due to plague boost increasing Plague Demon's speed as well, he'd still be quite a bit faster) and light speed attack to further increase the gap, a game of keep away would definitely fall in his favor, and Mecha falling back to ranged combat means he'd also be out of range of Plague Demon's slowing aura. Likewise, Plague Demon getting in cqc range isn't an instant death sentence for Mecha, at that range Chaos Blast is liable to do major damage (Plague Demon is only ~1.4x stronger, both are probably being amped at that point, though Mecha's boost sounds more impressive, being able to stomp comparable opponents while plague boost is only described as a "slight boost to all his stats" in his P&A section, so the gap at that point is practically nonexistent, and with chaos blast being able to completely obliterate several clones of Tricky who were comparable to Mecha, it'd probably come very close, if not outright take Plague Demon out if that happens), and while Mecha would be in range of the slowing aura at this point, he'd likely be emerald amped, which would cancel the speed reduction out, so Mecha would be able to reliably get a chaos blast off in that situation. In terms of stamina, while Plague Demon's is effectively limitless, Mecha's feat of genocoding an entire planet means a war of attrition wouldn't turn in PD's favor, even if he could theoretically outlast Mecha, the latter's stamina is vast enough that he'd be able to reliably kill PD before it became an issue.
Plague’s disease is effective against Ako, who should be equally as robotic as mecha is, so I highly doubt he can just resist that since Ako could not, but if he is, imo this is a stomp in Mecha’s favor, I don’t have a clue what Plague demon can do here besides banking on those diseases and plague boost blasts (keep in mind, both are effective vs Ako). If mecha deals with both of those, it’s already over, I don’t feel the need to needlessly draw this one out 🗿 but Plague ought to have at least a shot based on how he is able to tangibly effect cosmic knight. Again, if not, this is just an outright stomp

Plague’s disease is effective against Ako, who should be equally as robotic as mecha is, so I highly doubt he can just resist that since Ako could not, but if he is, imo this is a stomp in Mecha’s favor, I don’t have a clue what Plague demon can do here besides banking on those diseases and plague boost blasts (keep in mind, both are effective vs Ako). If mecha deals with both of those, it’s already over, I don’t feel the need to needlessly draw this one out 🗿 but Plague ought to have at least a shot based on how he is able to tangibly effect cosmic knight. Again, if not, this is just an outright stomp
Reading Ako's profile, he's a cyborg while Mecha Sonic is a full robot, so while the former is at least partially biological, (Though admittedly I'm unsure what biological components he's retained) Mecha lacks any biology altogether, so... probably not.

Reading Ako's profile, he's a cyborg while Mecha Sonic is a full robot, so while the former is at least partially biological, (Though admittedly I'm unsure what biological components he's retained) Mecha lacks any biology altogether, so... probably not.
Ako is 99.99% robotic and is still noticeably affected. Not by the disease, but by that weakness it induces into the metallic body to make it soft, able to be easily ripped apart regardless of durability. He might not get infected, but his body is still gonna get soft anyway, and plague can take advantage of that

Ako is 99.99% robotic and is still noticeably affected. Not by the disease, but by that weakness it induces into the metallic body to make it soft, able to be easily ripped apart regardless of durability. He might not get infected, but his body is still gonna get soft anyway, and plague can take advantage of that
I see.

In that case, Mecha could learn about that trait either through his info analysis, or through observing how his own weapons are affected, i.e. seeing through his scanner that his bullets lose structural integrity on contact, which would make it pretty clear that touching this guy is a bad idea, even if he couldn't figure that out from a scan of PD alone.

I see.

In that case, Mecha could learn about that trait either through his info analysis, or through observing how his own weapons are affected, i.e. seeing through his scanner that his bullets lose structural integrity on contact, which would make it pretty clear that touching this guy is a bad idea, even if he couldn't figure that out from a scan of PD alone.
What are Mecha’s methods of countering constant Plague Boost blasts? Since he won’t be approaching him up close, Plague can take advantage of the fact that all plague boost attacks cost zero stamina and just spam it everywhere, each blast explosion also infecting all the land with radiation. He could also potentially make a small field of disease breath around himself for in case mecha does decide to approach

(I forgot to say it earlier, but Plague’s aura basically will slow his opponent down by a bit, alongside Plague boosts speed increase, it’s normally a good advantage, Mecha seems to disregard this though)

Also, what would happen if Plague also decided to use his ability to talk an opponent into giving into their insecurities?

pretty sure mecha wouldn't listen cause he rapped against an blue rapper
I mean, he’s able to learn of these insecurities basically just by seeing a person act, since he was able to fairly easily and quickly tap into Sora’s insecurity which she hadn’t really shared with anyone at that point, so I’m sure he can find SOMETHING to talk about

I mean, he’s able to learn of these insecurities basically just by seeing a person act, since he was able to fairly easily and quickly tap into Sora’s insecurity which she hadn’t really shared with anyone at that point, so I’m sure he can find SOMETHING to talk about
I mean yeah I guess
he can't tap into mine cause I have none

What are Mecha’s methods of countering constant Plague Boost blasts? Since he won’t be approaching him up close, Plague can take advantage of the fact that all plague boost attacks cost zero stamina and just spam it everywhere, each blast explosion also infecting all the land with radiation. He could also potentially make a small field of disease breath around himself for in case mecha does decide to approach

(I forgot to say it earlier, but Plague’s aura basically will slow his opponent down by a bit, alongside Plague boosts speed increase, it’s normally a good advantage, Mecha seems to disregard this though)

Also, what would happen if Plague also decided to use his ability to talk an opponent into giving into their insecurities?
Plague blasts can't actually reach Mecha if he decides to play long range, both with Mecha being able to fly high above the battlefield and being able to fire attacks from well out of range. Radiation will be ineffective (And Mecha wouldn't even need to go in the infected areas anyway, they're nowhere close to actually hitting him) and the field of disease would only be useful if Mecha does come in close range, which he'd likely only do if PD is down to finish him off

I acknowledged the slow down already, not only would Mecha be able to just avoid the aura completely, but the emerald's speed amping can negate it

While Mecha is one to engage in pre-fight banter with his opponents (See like, all of his fights ever) he doesn't really have any insecurities for PD to take advantage of other than like the classic "I'm stronger and better than you LOL" (Also PD would need to be shouting at Mecha from a few kilometers away, so Mecha probably wouldn't even hear him in the first place over all the explosions and energy blasts being thrown around)

Plague blasts can't actually reach Mecha if he decides to play long range, both with Mecha being able to fly high above the battlefield and being able to fire attacks from well out of range. Radiation will be ineffective (And Mecha wouldn't even need to go in the infected areas anyway, they're nowhere close to actually hitting him) and the field of disease would only be useful if Mecha does come in close range, which he'd likely only do if PD is down to finish him off

I acknowledged the slow down already, not only would Mecha be able to just avoid the aura completely, but the emerald's speed amping can negate it

While Mecha is one to engage in pre-fight banter with his opponents (See like, all of his fights ever) he doesn't really have any insecurities for PD to take advantage of other than like the classic "I'm stronger and better than you LOL" (Also PD would need to be shouting at Mecha from a few kilometers away, so Mecha probably wouldn't even hear him in the first place over all the explosions and energy blasts being thrown around)
Based on all this, not sure if plague demon has any wincons 🗿 everything he has looks to be easily countered unless mecha goes stupid mode and does hand-to-hand where plague could make his body soft, but that looks to be a 0% chance. If anybody has reasons why this isnt actually a stomp after all, I’d love to hear it 😶‍🌫️

In the meantime, Mecha FRA

Based on all this, not sure if plague demon has any wincons 🗿 everything he has looks to be easily countered unless mecha goes stupid mode and does hand-to-hand where plague could make his body soft, but that looks to be a 0% chance. If anybody has reasons why this isnt actually a stomp after all, I’d love to hear it 😶‍🌫️

In the meantime, Mecha FRA
Plague has Wincons so it's fair
Mecha wears an mask and keeps 6 ft away from pd fra

He can always tap into mechas insecurities via the good ol' "I'm better lol" if mecha decides to not use beams and boom booms or if mecha decides to melee pd
I guess, but he already pointed out that Mecha's insecurities aren't really significant enough for what Plague would want to use them for, plus his info analysis basically guaranteeing that he wouldn't play into anything that gives Plague the ability to win, so really i don't see a wincon for PD here. Obviously it doesn't change that Mecha advances fair and square, just not sure if it's worthy to be added to profiles since stomps aren't able to be added + I'm 95% sure this is a stomp match

Also, I almost completely forgot, but the obligatory Mecha song to go along with this (His opponent's name in this song is "cancer lord" so I felt it was pretty fitting)

I guess, but he already pointed out that Mecha's insecurities aren't really significant enough for what Plague would want to use them for, plus his info analysis basically guaranteeing that he wouldn't play into anything that gives Plague the ability to win, so really i don't see a wincon for PD here. Obviously it doesn't change that Mecha advances fair and square, just not sure if it's worthy to be added to profiles since stomps aren't able to be added + I'm 95% sure this is a stomp match
I also am of the belief Frogman would have stomped this match too, and mecha beat him, so yeah

At the very least because funny:

Mecha Sonic blasting his way through 90% of the bracket, taking out the favored to win and lore important character while barely being involved in the lore himself:

After the first semifinal match ended very anticlimactically, the next two contestants found themselves entering the ring much sooner than expected. But their confidence was not wavered, rather, the two rose to the challenge using the determination and superior fighting ability which led them to this point. Both of them ready for the chance to meet Ness in the grand finale, both completely assured in their victories. However, in the end, there can only be one.
The plague demon clearly was asleep when Mecha vs s1 Frogman took place
Pretty sure something like he isn't big enough for Chaos Emeralds could mentally deplete him
Technically Frogman also didn't possess much in the end, both have good ways to prolong the fight, yet Frogman's component failure method turned barely doing anything just like Demon's slowing effect and Frogman had the heat win coin, from which Mecha could teleport before he melted, just like Mecha can just physically avoid Plague Demon.

If this manages to turn into a stomp, Im deleting Frogman's loss due to the similarities 🗿

Technically Frogman also didn't possess much in the end, both have good ways to prolong the fight, yet Frogman's component failure method turned barely doing anything just like Demon's slowing effect and Frogman had the heat win coin, from which Mecha could teleport before he melted, just like Mecha can just physically avoid Plague Demon.

If this manages to turn into a stomp, Im deleting Frogman's loss due to the similarities 🗿
Well, it's also kind of different because in this match Plague doesn't even have a hope of landing a single attack, whereas Frogman actually can and has a bunch of ways to defend vs Mecha, and Mecha being saved by his stamina and speed amp, whereas he doesn't need either to beat Plague Demon, all he needs to of is fly out of range and snipe him easily💀 Unlike Plague, Frogman can fight back, but even with how lopsided this is Plague could win if Mecha was stupid, so not sure if it's actually a 100% stomp here, it's just a really low-diff win for mecha. There's four votes so I'll prolly add matches now/soonish

Plague Demon also doesn't lose stamina, he could win by avoiding longer than it takes to massacre the whole planet's population. Just as Frogman could win by stockpiling charged shots, while the 100% fair speed for a 7-C makes it realistically close to impossible. But I still understand you.

Back