• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[R2M4] FC/OC Low 7-B Tournament: Laser Frog vs Abliter

Froggytron

He/Him
Two fighters stand on opposite sides of the open field, one of the FU supervisors, masterminds behind all FU‘s machinery, Laser Frog, and the menacing robot spy from the future generations of One Punch Man trilogy, Abliter.

Rules are stated in the tournament hub, so check those.

Laser Frog (stage 2):
(5.46 Megatons of TNT)

Abliter:
(2.4 Megatons of TNT)

Inconclusive:

Stage2 L.Frog won't underestimate Abliter, and start by creating 3x "clones" by exploiting its regeneration. Then sends 2x of them running (as remote-controlled drones) at Abliter from left and right, equipped with red laser piercing blades at arms ends, while the last clone will stay close as a last resort shield (L.Frog sees the huge Abliter's ranged canon).

A scan of Laser Frogs reveals that he’s on the cusp of Disaster Level Dragon. He knows that he has his work cut out for him if he wants to win.

He will respond to the clones rushing him by filling the battlefield with Obliteration Mines, then jumping backwards into the air to avoid the explosions. He preemptively forms a Pluto Field, anctipciating laser attacks (which his shield would absorb), should the clones and Laser Frog survive his mines. He contemplates summoning Scanner-A, Scanner-C, Scanner-D, and Scanner-E, but doesn’t yet do so.

The main laser Frog sees the placement of the mines, so it will control the 2x clones to jump between them. They won't dodge 100% of mines however, but the Low-mid regen of the clones should keep them running even when mine tores their legs off. They get closer and are blocked by Pluto Field. The clones start dashing their laser blades into the Field, their blades also make things age/corrode, which will speed up the breaking process. Main Laser Frog meanwhile prepares to shoot ranged attacks.

The blades are hardened blood in the form of a blade (at arm end's), which radiates with massive red laser energy (dragon laser blood of L.Frogs holds enormous re-charging energy potential, which keeps flowing into the blades). So it's solid and energy combined, giving aging attribute with direct contact.

With the way those swords work, Abliters shield should continuously absorb the energy out of the swords as they recharge. His shield can’t be overwhelmed unless it’s a single overpowering attack, but a continually recharging source like that is basically just food for him, greatly prolonging the amount of time it would take to break his shield. As they struggle, Abliter can eliminate them with a series of blasts and Pluto Waves, then turn his focus to the main Laser Frog, who is still readying ranged attacks

:000

But, what if it was all a plan, and the clones were giving 'negative energy' into the shield? Red laser is a very versatile type of energy, ranging from explosion energy to stat boosting and later spacetime manipulation (depending on the user's wishes for its usage). Higher red laser blades even take curses with them, setting unstoppable decontruction fire on enemies cut by them. This could then be also possible.

The clones probably get KO'd by the Pluto Waves series, decompiling into another "poison negative energy", which will now go through the Pluto Waves at their caster. Main Laser Frog goes for 'Red laser bursting' move, sending many highly explosive red arrows which navigate at Abliter from all sides and especially his blind spots.

Laser Frog doesn't have a feat on their page or even a + rating so I dunno what's up with rating them at 5.4 Megatons

I can at least point to one of the mainsite calcs for Abliter (Though their page doesn't really explain why they scale to that very well) but Laser Frog's just seems out of nowhere

Their enormous laser-energy potential, it's like an alive regenerating walking nuclear bomb, able to cast powerful spells, making stage 2 in the higher of low 7-B tier.

Froggy Universe (FU), the verse they came from, is 10 years developed mostly in the unit showcase way, describing design/powers (even reasons for various powers), while their lore being just space police, stomping evil criminals and annihilating them. I have almost no story events or enemy characters developed they equally clashed with to feat them exactly (that's another reason to do versus battles for me, to write some of the battles as actual FU lore events).

Their enormous laser-energy potential, it's like an alive regenerating walking nuclear bomb, able to cast powerful spells, making stage 2 in the higher of low 7-B tier.

Froggy Universe (FU), the verse they came from, is 10 years developed mostly in the unit showcase way, describing design/powers (even reasons for various powers), while their lore being just space police, stomping evil criminals and annihilating them. I have almost no story events or enemy characters developed they equally clashed with to feat them exactly (that's another reason to do versus battles for me, to write some of the battles as actual FU lore events).
Speaking of battles I got a new page coming that we can try

I don’t know what negative energy would do to his shield, I just know that he’ll keep absorbing whatever energy is fired at him until he either disables it or it’s overwhelmed. But keep in a mind, a flurry of blasts won’t be enough. It has a to be a single, overpowering move

Negative energy could at least not give him any boosts if he has some smart energy management system. The charged laser bursts fired by main L.Frog just now could do that, they will explode upon contact, dealing a massive momental hit. If one won't do, most of them can merge into 1 great arrow which penetrates the shield, while the rest (1-2 arrows) flies through broken shield at Abliter (even better if from his blindspot).

Nukes are usually 7-C depending on if you're talking about Little boy and fat man or modern day cruise missiles, or just skip to 7-B if you're talking about Ivy Mike, Castle Bravo, or the Tsar Bomba. Nothing really stops at 1 Megaton or 5.4, and that justification isn't on the page (Though admittedly the formatting is also a bit clunky. I'd probably recommend that specific units are picked out at whatever feats they have rather than just "The entirety vary from this tier to this tier" and fastballing whatever isn't on the opposite extremes, you also might want to check out the Standard Format for Civilization profiles)

the word "nuke" was more a representation of a "feeling" from their energy, than defining a specific tier

Should I try specifying an exact feat of this current Laser Frog in the tournament, stage2's biggest feat would be charging and then firing several red laser burst arrow (which vaporizes objects just by flying close), and upon impact, completely vaporizing a giant city with its explosion to its last atoms, while turning more than 2x of the radius around the city into lava (not speaking about the shockwaves demolishing things even farther), effectively turning the whole place into "hell".

The biggest cities as Moscow would have lots of buildings remaining on their edges, so higher Low 7-B seems to fit. Although a high-end Phase2 Laser Frog could vaporize even Moscow, this is more of a lower Phase2 Laser Frog in this tournament (their AP grows each day as they gain "EXP", at some AP points gaining further ability keys, called "Phases" generally. They do not grow as Pokemons, which just straight jump in a tier by evolving).

+ Thanks for the Civilization format page, I was planning to do a Civilization page centralised on FU's tanks and other war machine technology.

Blowing up Moscow, especially to the point of turning stuff to lava and vaporizing buildings, is actually more in the 6-C range just because of how huge it is from what I remember (and also vaporization/melting being really high energy on a massive scale like this)

Either way I would save correcting it for after the tournament, for now they're Low 7-B because they're Low 7-B and I just mainly wanted to say that they shouldn't be assumed at 5.4 megatons without a proper calculation to back that up

Regardless, with that cleared up Abliter is still going to have trouble getting past Mid regeneration, since that's the kind of thing you need to just outright rip apart your opponent to get through, and the guy's dealing with 3 of them off the bat

Either way I would save correcting it for after the tournament, for now they're Low 7-B because they're Low 7-B and I just mainly wanted to say that they shouldn't be assumed at 5.4 megatons without a proper calculation to back that up
I will try backing up some feats before the next tournaments then, Im still figuring out how vsbattle works properly

The clones have worse regen, Low-Mid+ to be exact, so many Pluto Waves killed the 2. L.Frog still has one for backup and 1 left to create.
If one won't do, most of them can merge into 1 great arrow which penetrates the shield, while the rest (1-2 arrows) flies through broken shield at Abliter (even better if from his blindspot).
To speed up this fight, L.Frog uses its telekinesis right away after red bursting, making giant rocks tear up from the ground and fly at Abliter (from all battlefield area), until Abliter makes some big move.

The clones have worse regen, Low-Mid+ to be exact, so many Pluto Waves killed the 2. L.Frog still has one for backup and 1 left to create.
Ah, I see

Yeah that'd make it easier since he'd only need to smash in their heads, but the primary body is still going to be a problem

Abliter can grab the speed advantage with skate mode and match up to the projectiles that the frog throws out by just running back and deploying mines to negate the hits, so I might be leaning towards him slowly carving open an edge and just firing a pluto megalaser to ruin their center body mass and blow past Regen?

That seems like a good plan for Abliter. L.Frog would fire several more homing bursts before losing too much energy from having to regenerate over and over from the megalaser, and then resorts to its ultimate attack (can use it once per several hours), 'Blood Vortex'. Its vertical enormous instant tornado, almost impossible to dodge or predict, dragging levitating Abliter in, hurting and massively debuffing him in several ways.

Vortex will be mainly focused on debuffing his speed, so the accumulated Burst strikes flying at him will catch and hit him all at once, likely to his back. Some of them can, once more, merge into a more powerful single burst, able to demolish his Pluto forcefield. I see this as a possible wincoin.

Its vertical enormous instant tornado, almost impossible to dodge or predict, dragging levitating Abliter in, hurting and massively debuffing him in several ways.
The page itself doesn't really mention anything about it being "instant", and it coming from their hand it would provide something Abliter has a solid chance of aimdodging even if it was meant to be that fast (And considering it's a tornado made of blood specifically, if it's thrown out at the wrong time a field of obliteration mines could probably just cancel it out)

I think I'll solidly vote in favor of Abliter here, the mines alone really give a huge advantage just by virtue of the fact they can be thrown out in flight to negate their projectile attacks, and the pluto megalaser gives him a solid way to immediately do enough damage to blow past regen in the right circumstances.

I won't block the grace, Abliter still has 4x scanners to possibly help negate the bursts (which can send mines too), the forcefields seems to be trouble to get through even with time manip red lasers + Abliter's Sound Manipulation could be useful at confusing L.Frog plans for worse decisions (although Mind Manipulation resistance could help greatly)

But cant L.Frog play it at incon by developing Enhanced Senses or Precognition organs, to see beam attacks in the near future and dodge them in time? The 2 clones could help counter the blasts too with their pierces (or tank sound waves to get confused instead), and spamming 'evade jump' could also be very effective to not get hit often. Not to mention creating portals as a shield, and sending 'Megalaser' blasts through them back at Abliter from various directions (which he probably converts back at energy with Pluto Fields).

Incons are problematic in tournaments, Abliter should advance into the next round regardless because these are just defense tactics for L.Frog not to get killed.

Yeah that's the main thing, we can't really incon when we need a winner

I will say that Laser Frog playing it safe just means that Abliter has more room to breathe and can save the megalaser for a really critical moment to avoid just blasting himself in the face, but I do see that they both have ways to get around the opponent's best move at least

Last edited:
Yeah that's the main thing, we can't really incon when we need a winner

I will say that Laser Frog playing it safe just means that Abliter has more room to breathe and can save the megalaser for a really critical moment to avoid just blasting himself in the face, but I do see that they both have ways to get around the opponent's best move at least
Yeah, it can hardly be a one-sided loss for Laser Frog. Abliter gets into the semi-finals thanks to "going better" in the fight, yet it would be unfair to declare clear victory on their profiles, incon would be more realistic there. But wonder if its possible to do it like this.

Back