• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(R2-SD-MB) 7-B Inhuman Tournament: Ranga VS Strigona

Psychomaster35

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Hub

This last round had been a success. Now, it was time to resurrect the fallen experiments and give them more chances to show their potential.

The experiment starts its second round, as two subjects from Section D are teleported into the containment room arena: Ranga (Labeled THE STAR WOLF, nominated by @Starter_Pack) and Strigona (Labeled THE FAIRY, nominated by @DontTalkDT).

Rules stated in the tournament hub.

Who wins?

THE STAR WOLF: 2 (091Franky, Lynieryz)

THE FAIRY: 4 (DontTalkDT, Epiccheev, Popted2, Expectro2000xxx)

INCONCLUSIVE:

Last edited:
Ranga apparently has resistance to poison, how good it is? no idea. Strigona seems to not really care for baseline poison resistance and was able to easily intoxicate a kilometer sized dragon and many characters with poison resist.

One saving grace here is that while Ranga doesn't seem to have any fire/heat manipulation to break down the poison he seems to specialize in wind and storm manipulation, wich would probably help him blow the poison away.

Oh wait, he also has forcefield creation in post harvest key. Assuming we're using this one then he can protect himself from poison very well. (assuming it`s in character or he'd be enough of a good boi to use it.)

If it's pre harvest Ranga then he can only use Death storm once, and no forcefields and poison resistance, so Strigona can probably do her thing much more easily.

Last edited:
Yes, this is Pre-Harvest Ranga which is the key Starter chose.

Also, Bump

Pre-Harvest? Yeah, Strigona should have easy game then.

One saving grace here is that while Ranga doesn't seem to have any fire/heat manipulation to break down the poison he seems to specialize in wind and storm manipulation, wich would probably help him blow the poison away.
It would be storm vs storm when it comes to blowing things away, though. And if Ranga uses a tornado or something it won't help him much, as then the poison will just fly around in his tornado.

And while that's ongoing he will also need to fight. Strigona can actually fight physically as well, after all.

Also, Bump
I never specified which key.

But when I considered his abilities, I defaulted to Post-Harvest Festival, since there wasn't anything broken for him in that key.

So this assumption is false.

But when I considered his abilities, I defaulted to Post-Harvest Festival, since there wasn't anything broken for him in that key.

My apologies, I just misremembered from checking another thread with Ranga (which used his first key) for his starting moves that I confused it for your suggestion for my actual thread, lol.

Well, in that case what's his force field like? Is it omnidirectional? Does he use it right away in-character? How strong is it?
And how good is the poison resist?

I really don't know enough about tensura to debate. But going off the profile i will say that Ranga appears to have the advantage for now.

I will say that Strigona's poison starts above baseline and quickly grows procedurally stronger during the fight.
So unless Ranga's poison resistance is good he might just lose for the exact same reasons as before.
Her poison also has an acid effect, which Ranga doesn't resist at all.
And if Tensura people don't wanna debate I should advance automatically

Welp, I know a bit about TenSura as I've watched all of the anime and read a bit of the LN.

Mind if I take this for the time being?

Altho I don't remember much from wn but this ranga first move is to create a distance and fly in the sky and use black lightning, he has used this against holy knights from 2km apart. He also has a space-based barrier around him that even him running at the speed of sound won't disturb the air near him.

Altho I don't remember much from wn but this ranga first move is to create a distance and fly in the sky and use black lightning, he has used this against holy knights from 2km apart.
Well, due to the ceiling he can't fly very high and Strigona matches that range. For the lightning she has no better defense than dodging, I suppose.

He also has a space-based barrier around him that even him running at the speed of sound won't disturb the air near him.
How though is the barrier against attacks, though? His profile doesn't mention space manip, so I take it it's not like the barrier just teleports attacks away or something.

Well, due to the ceiling he can't fly very high and Strigona matches that range. For the lightning she has no better defense than dodging, I suppose.
Would she be able to dodge it? Ranga have magic sense that let him know even a little movement even from far away and in this key he can spam them. Also If I'm not wrong in speed equalized the speed is equalized based on lower speed so shouldn't she be unable to dodge as well because lightning is faster than her?
Also, someone had barrier for detection but even with thought acceleration they were unable to dodge his attack but it could be due to sheer speed
How though is the barrier against attacks, though? His profile doesn't mention space manip, so I take it it's not like the barrier just teleports attacks away or something.
It was not explained much aside from what I mentioned but Ig it just blocks things off, Later in this fight, he took various types of attacks magical as well as physical directly but none of them harmed him, it was never stated that he deactivated the barrier or his barrier was destroyed so it most likely blocks them.

Btw ranga still uses the thunderstorm in this key but it is not his first move so even if he uses the tornado he won't be affected by the air filled with poison.

Would she be able to dodge it? Ranga have magic sense that let him know even a little movement even from far away and in this key he can spam them. Also If I'm not wrong in speed equalized the speed is equalized based on lower speed so shouldn't she be unable to dodge as well because lightning is faster than her?
Also, someone had barrier for detection but even with thought acceleration they were unable to dodge his attack but it could be due to sheer speed
Attacks get equalized proportionally in speed equal, meaning the lightning is also slower. That's one of the reasons Strigona would have a chance at dodging. The lightning comes from a distance and isn't much faster than her.

It was not explained much aside from what I mentioned but Ig it just blocks things off, Later in this fight, he took various types of attacks magical as well as physical directly but none of them harmed him, it was never stated that he deactivated the barrier or his barrier was destroyed so it most likely blocks them.

Btw ranga still uses the thunderstorm in this key but it is not his first move so even if he uses the tornado he won't be affected by the air filled with poison.
In that case I would say that Strigona's acid is likely going to melt it and then the poison stuff happens as usual.

I think I'll vote for ranga he can pretty much spam lightning and tornado and with his extrasensory perception and enhances senses he would be able to hit on her.

Btw I forgot to mention that the lightning he used blinded the audience for few moments.

Assuming the shield is made out of energy it likely won't interact chemically with the acid at all.
Eh RPG logic and stuff. Is it even confirmed airtight? Poison could always slip through if not.

And does he use the barrier right away? If not, poison could do damage over time still.

Otherwise Strigona might need to break it in hand to hand combat first, which she can in principle do since she is actually an incredibly skilled fighter.

Btw I forgot to mention that the lightning he used blinded the audience for few moments.
Strigona's primary technique really doesn't need her to aim.

I believe that Strigona could likely destroy the forceshield and I'm not sure if Ranga will use it fast enough before get poisoned, so Strigona FRA.

Back