• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(R1M4) 8-B Shooters Tournament: Quincy VS Dino (Michael Bay’s Transformers)

Psychomaster35

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Hub

Time to continue this tournament off with the match as the Archer Monkey, Quincy (nominated by @JustANormalLemon), fights the Autobot, Dino (nominated by @Shadyboi0)!

Rules stated in the tournament hub.

Who wins?

Quincy: 7 (JustANormalLemon, Popted2, MonkeyOfLife, Noneless21, Adem Warlock69, DemonicDude, Psychomaster35)

Dino: 2 (Soupywolf5, Nierre)

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Quincy first move is rain of arrow that basically makes a danmakue of arrows fall from the sky around the opoenet position, they keep faling for a long time damaging every thing bellow

He will also use his other hability to trow arrows very fast, as he atacks,

He Will also uses multple arrows every atack that explode

And he will bassically destroy the opoents by filling them with arrows...

If Dino has AP advantage It's bad for him sinse quincy does more damage the strongher It's oponent is

Last edited:
As I see this fight, quincy overwhelms Dino With rapid fire arrows and danmaku untill he is unable to move thanks to being exploded all around the ground, his large size is really bad for It and quincy small size would make even harder to hit the monkey

So voting quincy son of quincy

Hmmm...

to be fair, Dino does outrange by a fair bit (Dozens of meters vs several meters; the higher confuses me, since I'm pretty sure Quincy's only attack is his bow? Edit: Nevermind, I was misreading the profile) which given the 20 meter starting distance, should give Dino the initial advantage. I'm not sure about AP, but I think Dino has the advantage? (Downscaling from 8-As with available stat amping vs 77.755 Tons) I don't think he'd just blindly charge into Quincy's range given his skill/experience, and I'd imagine his invisibility/illusions could help him keep his distance and pepper Quincy with attacks until he goes down

Don't get me wrong, Quincy's explosion arrows, danmaku and likely only slightly inferior AP means he could absolutely devestate Dino if he gets in range, but he's so outreached here that I'm more confident in saying that Dino will be able to keep his distance and win from afar

I think I'll vote Dino for now

Last edited:
the higher confuses me, since I'm pretty sure Quincy's only attack is his bow?
The rain of arrows don't have limited range
I'm not sure about AP, but I think Dino has the advantage?
This is acctually bad for Dino sinse It makes quincy atacks have more damage
I'd imagine his invisibility/illusions could help him keep his distance and pepper Quincy with attacks until he goes down
invisibility and illusions?
Quincy echanced senses that let him see camo bloons counter It
Don't get me wrong, Quincy's explosion arrows, danmaku and likely only slightly inferior AP means he could absolutely devestate Dino if he gets in range, but he's so outreached here that I'm more confident in saying that Dino will be able to keep his distance and win from afar
Rain of arrows sstill has a surprising range and quincy could just get closser, after all being smaller makes easyer to dodge, but to give the benefit of doubt to dino, you have a clip of how his projectiles work?

Yeah, especially level 20 quincy that can see camo bloon that's functionally a ghost as it can slip by barrage of bullets safely

Yeah, especially level 20 quincy that can see camo bloon that's functionally a ghost as it can slip by barrage of bullets safely
Camo are acctually more invisibke them ghosts, sinse as said "all monkeys can see ghosts, camo bloons are just more dificult"

Camos bassically have intangibility to pass trough the danmaku of monkey projectiles

Camo are acctually more invisibke them ghosts, sinse as said "all monkeys can see ghosts, camo bloons are just more dificult"

Camos bassically have intangibility to pass trough the danmaku of monkey projectiles
Then basically quincy can definitely see through Dino and immediately use his danmaku ability

Then basically quincy can definitely see through Dino and immediately use his danmaku ability
Yes, bassicaly, the others kinda voted to soon, the Dino poitns bringhed were

"Dino has more range (they start 20 meters away so... Poitless) and Dino has invisibility ilusion(and ignored that quincy can by pass It)"

Yes, bassicaly, the others kinda voted to soon, the Dino poitns bringhed were

"Dino has more range (they start 20 meters away so... Poitless) and Dino has invisibility ilusion(and ignored that quincy can by pass It)"
Dino’s “dozens of meters” range can cover the twenty meter starting distance, Quincy’s “several meters” range can’t. So while Dino can hit Quincy right from the start, Quincy needs to get up close while being peppered by attacks (Attacks with an AP advantage) and since Dino is noted to be a skilled & experienced fighter, he’ll likely keep his distance when he sees that it’s essentially free damage, since Quincy’s arrows can’t reach far enough to counterattack

Quincy dealing more damage to stronger targets is nice, but his danmaku and explosive shots meant he would already be dealing massive damage up close. Key words: “up close,” it’s dozens of meters vs several meters (Quincy’s profile lists his range as higher with rain/storm of arrows, but looking at the attack in-game and taking into account that the monkes are kind of small, it’s not breaching several meters) and that’s a pretty big distance to have to close while you’re under constant attack

I’ll admit I forgot Quincy got camo detection, but that’s only for invisibility, nothing about seeing camo blooms would let Quincy see through illusions

Dino’s “dozens of meters” range can cover the twenty meter starting distance, Quincy’s “several meters” range can’t. So while Dino can hit Quincy right from the start, Quincy needs to get up close while being peppered by attacks (Attacks with an AP advantage) and since Dino is noted to be a skilled & experienced fighter, he’ll likely keep his distance when he sees that it’s essentially free damage, since Quincy’s arrows can’t reach far enough to counterattack

Quincy dealing more damage to stronger targets is nice, but his danmaku and explosive shots meant he would already be dealing massive damage up close. Key words: “up close,” it’s dozens of meters vs several meters (Quincy’s profile lists his range as higher with rain/storm of arrows, but looking at the attack in-game and taking into account that the monkes are kind of small, it’s not breaching several meters)

I’ll admit I forgot Quincy got camo detection, but that’s only for invisibility, nothing about seeing camo blooms would let Quincy see through illusions
Tbh, quincy's danmaku can be invoked without range issue iirc, but i guess quincy could get trouble with illusions

20 Meters are several meters, even if you say not, his rain of arrows has full map range, so at least this atack should reach, not to mention this would be quincy first move
Quincy dealing more damage to stronger targets is nice, but his danmaku and explosive shots meant he would already be dealing massive damage up close. Key words: “up close,” it’s dozens of meters vs several meters (Quincy’s profile lists his range as higher with rain/storm of arrows, but looking at the attack in-game and taking into account that the monkes are kind of small, it’s not breaching several meters)
It is more range them the likes of Druid monkey and tack shooter, so It's acctually a lot considering they have possible killometers to planetary in reach(even trough is a possibility is generaly accept one in the BTD debate), being also the same range as sniper monkeys and more It should cover the 20 meters gape, I will probable do a CRT about some scalings in BTD that aren't about AP, principaly about range
anther thing that would help Is his arrows "bouncing" propriets, that in out of game mechanics could make him able to extended their distance by leting the arrows bounce into the obstacles of the arena, but may be a strech
I could try to give a counter metody, but before that, how does his ilusions work?

And if you want to talk about skill, not only quincy is a hero that trained the crossbow monkeys he also can become one of his ancestors that is implied to "be From wilder distant days, when all hunters were strong and the pack yet stronge" what might give him some decaes of skill, trough It can be debated

20 Meters are several meters, even if you say not, his rain of arrows has full map range, so at least this atack should reach, not to mention this would be quincy first move

It is more range them the likes of Druid monkey and tack shooter, so It's acctually a lot considering they have possible killometers to planetary in reach(even trough is a possibility is generaly accept one in the BTD debate), being also the same range as sniper monkeys and more It should cover the 20 meters gape, I will probable do a CRT about some scalings in BTD that aren't about AP, principaly about range
anther thing that would help Is his arrows "bouncing" propriets, that in out of game mechanics could make him able to extended their distance by leting the arrows bounce into the obstacles of the arena, but may be a strech

I could try to give a counter metody, but before that, how does his ilusions work?
20 meters is well past the reach of several meters (With our system several meters is at most 10 meters) given how the monkeys are noted to be small the size of a map probably wouldn't be far enough to confidently say that rain of arrows could reach (Also Quincy opening with RoA would just incentivize Dino to keep his distance even more seeing as getting close would mean getting obliterated by several dozen arrows)

Quincy doesn't have any reason to scale to those range high-ends, and it's not on his profile

Does the battlefield have a lot of objects that the arrows can bounce off of? (Psycho said the bracket fights took place in the Fortnite map, but that map is kind of ****-off huge and has a bunch of different areas with varying amounts of bouncy-offy objects)

I'm not too familiar with how his abilities work (Thank the profile for not describing it at all) but a quick google search says that his illusions can allow him to appear to be in different places or even multiple places at once (Though I think from the description it only works on other robots? Regardless it isn't really the main argument for Dino and was more of a little bonus)

And if you want to talk about skill, not only quincy is a hero that trained the crossbow monkeys he also can become one of his ancestors that is implied to "be From wilder distant days, when all hunters were strong and the pack yet stronge" what might give him some decaes of skill, trough It can be debated
I'm not really trying to compare their skill directly, I'm more saying that Dino's skilled enough not to get in range of an enemy he outranges when he sees that getting in their range will get him destroyed (If he leads with RoA)

I'd argue that shouldn't really count since it doesn't really imply a large amount of experience (Also it's just a costume, I don't think we can just assume it turns him into a completely different monkey based on that quote alone)

I'd argue that shouldn't really count since it doesn't really imply a large amount of experience (Also it's just a costume, I don't think we can just assume it turns him into a completely different monkey based on that quote alone)
Well, all skins are considered cannon even if don't really makes much sense
I'm not too familiar with how his abilities work (Thank the profile for not describing it at all) but a quick google search says that his illusions can allow him to appear to be in different places or even multiple places at once (Though I think from the description it only works on other robots? Regardless it isn't really the main argument for Dino and was more of a little bonus)
Guess It's fair I think, atrough I could say his arrows probable would just bounce to the real one after phasing trough the ilusion and hitting the ground (sinse they kinda aim on tjeir own... It's kinda strange but maybe quincy is just really good with his arrows), and if just works on robots... Quincy would have problens if he for some reason go to cyber quincy
Does the battlefield have a lot of objects that the arrows can bounce off of? (Psycho said the bracket fights took place in the Fortnite map, but that map is kind of ****-off huge and has a bunch of different areas with varying amounts of bouncy-offy objects)
Yes, It has, sinse large rocks, trees and more are all around the fortinite map for players to break them and uses the resourses
Quincy doesn't have any reason to scale to those range high-ends, and it's not on his profile
Well, we can see their range and quincy has a much bigger range them It with his rain of arrows, but Fair, ignore this point them
Also Quincy opening with RoA would just incentivize Dino to keep his distance even more seeing as getting close would mean getting obliterated by several dozen arrows
If he knows he can't reach he wouldn't use It, so It balance things out

About the bouncing, his profile say that he acctually uses the popping of ballons to make the arrows bounce... Well, this is really contradictory considering he has dificult hitting fast bloons but ok... Hum... Them he probable can do the same with rocks and other things sinse I at least imagine would be easyer to do such a thing them from the popping of a bloon that is being exploded by the arrow It self

Well, all skins are considered cannon even if don't really makes much sense

Guess It's fair I think, atrough I could say his arrows probable would just bounce to the real one after phasing trough the ilusion and hitting the ground (sinse they kinda aim on tjeir own... It's kinda strange but maybe quincy is just really good with his arrows), and if just works on robots... Quincy would have problens if he for some reason go to cyber quincy

Yes, It has, sinse large rocks, trees and more are all around the fortinite map for players to break them and uses the resourses

Well, we can see their range and quincy has a much bigger range them It with his rain of arrows, but Fair, ignore this point them

If he knows he can't reach he wouldn't use It, so It balance things out

About the bouncing, his profile say that he acctually uses the popping of ballons to make the arrows bounce... Well, this is really contradictory considering he has dificult hitting fast bloons but ok... Hum... Them he probable can do the same with rocks and other things sinse I at least imagine would be easyer to do such a thing them from the popping of a bloon that is being exploded by the arrow It self
I mean would quincy will shoot rocks to het the bouncing effects?

Then i guess quincy would be smart enough to use his environmental advantage to use his ricochet arrow to surprise attack dino

so quincy for sure gets outranged here, out off the btd verse it is definitely an odd choice to put a hero like quincy in a ranged tournament. But anyway, quincy can consistently shoot arrows outside his range, the ingame range really just represents what he can accurately shoot at as if he can accurately shoot things inside the range lul. He can technically ricochet accurately out of his typical range, but that's out of character unless there's another opponent in range and he wants to hit them both at once. However, RoA can still hit dino without question and also everything in the surrounding area. As for his main attack, while he is out of range, quincy's other ability does give him a temporary big speed amp. It is unclear how this affects his movement speed because of game mechanics but I would assume it's not insignificant since it's a x4 amp to at least attack speed

Last edited:
Think i'm going with Quincy FRA

Tho could change depending on how smart/skilled Dino is

Back