• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(R1-SA-MA) 7-B Inhuman Tournament: Dingodile VS Kadabra

Psychomaster35

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Hub

The experiment starts its first round, as two subjects from Section A are teleported into the containment room arena: Dingodile (Labeled THE CANICROCODYLIDAE, nominated by @Whiteoak019) and Kadabra (Labeled THE PSYCHIC, nominated by @Arceus0x).

Rules stated in the tournament hub.

Who wins?

THE CANICROCODYLIDAE:

THE PSYCHIC: 7 (Psychomaster35, Whiteoak019, Arceus0x, Popted2, Starter Pack, Dinamic8000, DaReaperMan)

INCONCLUSIVE:

Last edited:
Only thing I'm seeing on Kadabra that could be a real issue is Future sight, so toasting that bug-like arse is on the table

Is the LS going to be a problem?
Almost certainly.

Dingodile:
Lifting Strength: Superhuman (Able to lift and throw concrete crates)
Kadabra:
Unknown physically, Class K via telekinesis

Superhuman is at bare minimum, above 227-545.2 kg, but Unknown otherwise, since it's intended as a placeholder value.

Class K BEGINS at 100,000 kg & ends at 1 million kg, meaning at a bare minimum, Kadabra's Telekinesis overpowers Dingodile's physical Lifting Strength by over 183 times.

& many Psychic-type Pokemon moves, including 2 of the most basic, Confusion & Psychic (A weak & a strong telekinetic attack, respectively.), are telekinetic. Heck, Confusion is the first Psychic-type attacking move it learns by level-up. (& both are among Kadabra's level-up moves.)
Only thing I'm seeing on Kadabra that could be a real issue is Future sight, so toasting that bug-like arse is on the table
Well, there is the mind-reading & danger sensing & auto-teleport & illusion stuff that Abra does that Kadabra ostensibly should also be able to do but it's dubious if it's IC since Kadabra doesn't have all the Intelligence feats Alakazam has & Abra does practically all that when sleeping anyway.

More relevant things for Kadabra:
Red
Blue
It emits special alpha waves from its body that induce headaches just by being close by.
CrystalWhen it closes its eyes, twice as many alpha particles come out of the surface of its body.
SapphireKADABRA holds a silver spoon in its hand. The spoon is used to amplify the alpha waves in its brain. Without the spoon, the POKéMON is said to be limited to half the usual amount of its telekinetic powers.
PlatinumIt stares at its silver spoon to focus its mind. It emits more alpha waves while doing so.
SoulSilverIf it uses its abilities, it emits special alpha waves that cause machines to malfunction.
XWhen it uses its psychic power, it emits strong alpha waves that can ruin precision devices.
MoonKadabra’s presence infests televisions and monitors with creepy shadows that bring bad luck.
Ultra MoonIt possesses strong mental capabilities, but its psychic powers are halved when it’s not holding a silver spoon.
Let's Go Pikachu
Let's Go Eevee
Many odd things happen if this Pokémon is close by. For example, it makes clocks run backward.
ShieldThis Pokémon’s telekinesis is immensely powerful. To prepare for evolution, Kadabra stores up psychic energy in the star on its forehead.

Considering the Shield entry, it might lead with telekinesis & toss Dingodile around.

Of course, there's also the question of how Dingodile fights while under a headache. For example, would he get more aggressive/reckless in the interest of wanting the fight over sooner so that he could go home & rest? As opposed to, say, fighting sadistically or such. I don't know his characterization that well.

There's also the question of Dingodile's equipment.

Standard Equipment: A flamethrower that also occasionally shoots water and torpedoes, a vacuum cannon
Would any of these count as "precision devices"? Beyond affecting "machines"/"precision devices", & making creepy shadows appear on screens that are said to induce bad luck ("Bad luck" itself being unclear in consequences.), & making clocks run backwards, it's unclear what Kadabra's presence exactly does to machines, but it does affect them.

& being faced with a headache & your machines not functioning right is not a good position to be in.

Not to mention, said mechanical malfunctions & Kadabra's level of psychic powers seem to be correlated with its level of alpha waves, something which it can increase via staring at its spoon, or just shutting its eyes.

The fact that it has healing on a cellular level (Recover) & a form of Power Nullification (Disable) plus Teleportation (The move Teleport at the least.), Reflect to halve physical damage.... There's the question of if Telekinesis (the move) lets the victim move while being forced to float until the effects of Telekinesis (The move) ends; Dingodile being made to float in place would be problematic for him if he effectively can't aim, approach, nor retreat.

Excluding the Egg Moves (Probably less likely IC, & all of its attacking Egg Moves are physical anyway, & none of which are Psychic-type, so I doubt Kadabra would favor them.), its offensive options are:

Psybeam: A "peculiar", often multicoloured ray that may induce the Confusion status in the victim.
Psycho Cut: Launches blades formed of psychic power at the foe. Technically a Physical attack under Pokemon's move classification system, but it is Psychic-type. Has a high Critical Hit rate.
& Night Shade:
Night Shade: Kadabra projects a mirage of itself that attacks the opponent, dealing a fixed amount of damage depending on how powerful Kadabra is.

Other than that, it's only other attacking moves are Confusion (the move) & Psychic (the move), both of which are telekinetic, & which probably don't need it to aim. Luckily for Dingodile, they probably won't instacrush since they're usually used for throwing foes, maybe squashing & stretching? Memory ain't clear on their depictions.

Still, Kadabra's versatility, ways to hinder Dingodile, & its ease of stat amping does not make this a favorable matchup for Dingodile, IMHO.

Hopefully this helps!

Last edited:
I'll make it short and snappy.
Dingodile has no calc so afterer diggin I'll assume it's baseline. If that is so it gets obliterated by Kadabra's 45+ megatons and crushed by it's class K. Kadabra passivey makes his head hurt and can powernull and confuse his opponent.

Overall: idk how reaperman thought that dingodile would win, Kadabra minces Dingodile like he's a kilogram of fresh meat

Overall: idk how reaperman thought that dingodile would win, Kadabra minces Dingodile like he's a kilogram of fresh meat
I think they did mean Kadabra would win, it’s just that it was probably worded poorly.

Anyways, I also agree with Kadabra taking this more times than not.

I think they did mean Kadabra would win, it’s just that it was probably worded poorly.

Anyways, I also agree with Kadabra taking this more times than not.
More like 100% of the times. We're talking teleportation and crushing psychic waves all at 45 megatons

I mean, his words were:
I don't think Dingodile has a "bug-like arse", even relative to Kadabra, & Dingodile is the only participant in this matchup to prominently use a heat-related weapon. (Excluding the Egg Move Fire Punch. Surprisingly, the Abra line has seemingly never learned Psywave except through TM.)

So it seems like he was advocating for Dingodile.

But yes, I also agree Kadabra seems more likely to win.
Although, I feel like there'd be need for evidence to show Kadabra would use telekinesis for crushing to death, rather than tossing about or slamming Dingodile into walls, since, IIRC, moving the foe about violently is what the telekinetic attacks are often depicted as being used for.

Incidentally, aren't heat-related stuff supposed to have their own durability system?

I'll bring some scans later. Basically the manga has people using Confusion to crush people
What of the anime? I don't remember it that well, but IIRC, it's equally valid as the manga, & has a lot of examples itself. Plus, this is to establish Kadabra's in-character behaviour/strategy.

Still, I guess part of my concerns will be to be considered when the scans are posted.

What of the anime? I don't remember it that well, but IIRC, it's equally valid as the manga, & has a lot of examples itself. Plus, this is to establish Kadabra's in-character behaviour/strategy.

Still, I guess part of my concerns will be to be considered when the scans are posted.
Well in anime the attack Confusion is... Inconsistent with the actual description of it and such unlike the manga version. Anime is basically grab and throw while manga is actual psychic damage to the brain and crushing as well as visible psychic energy surrounding the opponent and such.

Well in anime the attack Confusion is... Inconsistent with the actual description of it and such unlike the manga version. Anime is basically grab and throw while manga is actual psychic damage to the brain and crushing as well as visible psychic energy surrounding the opponent and such.
Is grabbing & throwing not a telekinetic attack?

Keep in mind, Confusion is not a Mind Manipulation attack beyond that it can inflict the Confusion status. Its official description calls it a "weak telekinetic attack".

The description is "The foe is hit by a weak telekinetic force. It may also leave the foe confused."
the opponent is hit, not thrown around into a wall, so the anime is definitely irrelevant here. On the other hand, if you hit someone downwards with a wave of psychic energy it will pin them down.

Here's the scan of confusion being used as a way to pin down an opponent, though this version is a bit low quality

003.jpg

Waitaminute....
Regeneration (Mid. Can recover from being flattened)

Would Telekinesis crush kill Dingodile? I really should've looked at his profile better. Sorry.

And Kadabra can definitely knock em out.

Also I'm pretty sure there was a revision that nerfed everyone who had mid regen due to being crushed flat ingame and gave them elasticity and toon force instead

Back