• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(R1-SC-MA) 7-B Inhuman Tournament: Urushi VS Chief Beisa

Psychomaster35

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Hub

The experiment starts its first round, as two subjects from Section C are teleported into the containment room arena: Urushi (Labeled THE DARK WOLF, nominated by @DontTalkDT) and Chief Beisa (Labeled THE GLADIATOR, nominated by @DaReaperMan).

Rules stated in the tournament hub.

Who wins?

THE DARK WOLF: 7 (DontTalkDT, AnAverageUsername, Popted2, Psychomaster35, Whiteoak019, Kflare63, Noneless21)

THE GLADIATOR:

INCONCLUSIVE:

Last edited:
Good News is, Urushi has no armour. So that armour bypassing does nothing.

Beisa can summon soldiers, but Urushi has his howl that strikes fear into fodder. He also has prey absorption that lets him get stronger from killing them.

Shadow Lurk + Shadow Movement is perfect to circumvent the Danmaku and good regeneration to recover damage.

With all of that, Urushi's magic and fangs should take it over short or long.

Trying to scare the soldiers just ain't gonna work, considering they'd walk into literal certain death willingly without a second thought and Beisa kinda whips them into place, especially seeing as something like Urushi is exactly what Beisa would have experience fighting and as such be able to formulate strategies to take the doggo down

Trying to scare the soldiers just ain't gonna work, considering they'd walk into literal certain death willingly without a second thought and Beisa kinda whips them into place, especially seeing as something like Urushi is exactly what Beisa would have experience fighting and as such be able to formulate strategies to take the doggo down
The fear is induced by a supernatural effect, not social influencing. Their willingness to throw their life away is of no consequence, as this isn't a rational fear or anything like that.

What the strategy is concerned you couldn't be more vague and Urushi is a rather special giant wolf. What strategies does he use? What could he even do that would give him an advantage here?

The fear is induced by a supernatural effect, not social influencing. Their willingness to throw their life away is of no consequence, as this isn't a rational fear or anything like that.

What the strategy is concerned you couldn't be more vague and Urushi is a rather special giant wolf. What strategies does he use? What could he even do that would give him an advantage here?
And again, Beisa would be immediately ordering them into place and position and whipping them out of the supernatural effects, considering he himself would apsolutely just consider fear useless in combat and as such not care if it's driven into him.

Multi-pronged attacks using his minions, engaging in melee as that's where he can easily inflict his status effects and lay the hurt on with things like his Paralysis, and if he gets Urushi into range of a banner he just can't use magic, which Beisa would be actively trying to do the second he realizes Urushi is a magic casting wolf.

And again, Beisa would be immediately ordering them into place and position and whipping them out of the supernatural effects, considering he himself would apsolutely just consider fear useless in combat and as such not care if it's driven into him.
I see no powernull, so how is he whipping away a supernatural effect?

Multi-pronged attacks using his minions, engaging in melee as that's where he can easily inflict his status effects and lay the hurt on with things like his Paralysis, and if he gets Urushi into range of a banner he just can't use magic, which Beisa would be actively trying to do the second he realizes Urushi is a magic casting wolf.
Problem: Urushi shadow dives. A lot. Which isn't magic to boot.

Beisa has no control over Urushi's positioning here and no ability to pin him down. Urushi is essentially an assassin that appears, strikes and disappears. So this strategy is not feasible.

Also, regarding the banners preventing magic casting: By the page that's due to silencing, isn't it? Urushi is a wolf. He can't talk to begin with. He silent casts.

I see no powernull, so how is he whipping away a supernatural effect?

Problem: Urushi shadow dives. A lot. Which isn't magic to boot.

Beisa has no control over Urushi's positioning here and no ability to pin him down. Urushi is essentially an assassin that appears, strikes and disappears. So this strategy is not feasible.

Also, regarding the banners preventing magic casting: By the page that's due to silencing, isn't it? Urushi is a wolf. He can't talk to begin with. He silent casts.
Via said minions being among those apsolutely loyal to people like Beisa, the concept of courage kinda kicks ass, ya know? Also does Urushi even start with this howl?

Tricksters can teleport spam as well and Beisa handles them just fine. Along with 80+ other people at once.

Then he's going to be using a different strategy of area control to make sure he's at least semi-often landing hits on Urushi, and if Urushi decided to try and go for a backstab... well Beisa's danmaku is all around him anyway, so teleporting to his shadow is a bad idea seeing as he's also always on the move.

Silence is a status effect that literally prevents the usage of all magic. it's implied to also just make people be unable to verbally make noise by Oryx but that is quite clearly not how spells are cast in RotMG.

Via said minions being among those apsolutely loyal to people like Beisa, the concept of courage kinda kicks ass, ya know? Also does Urushi even start with this howl?
Against a bunch of fodder? Yeah, probably. And courage is nice, but doesn't fundamentally get rid of the status.

Aside from that, as said, Urushi has Prey Absorption. All those fodder will just make Urushi stronger.

Tricksters can teleport spam as well and Beisa handles them just fine. Along with 80+ other people at once.
And how does he do that? Shadow diving is different from teleport, so it's not like the strategy necessarily works. Especially when since Urushi has plenty of other abilities to combine it with and is stealthy af.

Then he's going to be using a different strategy of area control to make sure he's at least semi-often landing hits on Urushi, and if Urushi decided to try and go for a backstab... well Beisa's danmaku is all around him anyway, so teleporting to his shadow is a bad idea seeing as he's also always on the move.
Urushi can see from his shadows, so it's not like he will just jump blindly into Danmaku. He can comfortably wait for an opening to appear and study the patterns in the meantime. If Beisa constantly keeps Danmaku up, Urushi can just wait for him to tire out, as just waiting in the shadow consumes no MP.

Silence is a status effect that literally prevents the usage of all magic. it's implied to also just make people be unable to verbally make noise by Oryx but that is quite clearly not how spells are cast in RotMG.
Are there clearly non-verbal spells which have been shown to be blocked by silence?

Urushi can always just take down the Banners when in doubt. Those things have shadows, after all.

To put one on top: What does Beisa do if poisoned?

Against a bunch of fodder? Yeah, probably. And courage is nice, but doesn't fundamentally get rid of the status.

Aside from that, as said, Urushi has Prey Absorption. All those fodder will just make Urushi stronger.

And how does he do that? Shadow diving is different from teleport, so it's not like the strategy necessarily works. Especially when since Urushi has plenty of other abilities to combine it with and is stealthy af.

Urushi can see from his shadows, so it's not like he will just jump blindly into Danmaku. He can comfortably wait for an opening to appear and study the patterns in the meantime. If Beisa constantly keeps Danmaku up, Urushi can just wait for him to tire out, as just waiting in the shadow consumes no MP.

Are there clearly non-verbal spells which have been shown to be blocked by silence?

Urushi can always just take down the Banners when in doubt. Those things have shadows, after all.

To put one on top: What does Beisa do if poisoned?
I was never saying it'd get rid of the status, only that it'd deal with it.

these "Fodder" Literally scale to the classes who can tank hits from Beisa himself, so they actually just downscale from him so.

Danmaku, minions and his own strategy, he quite literally isn't surprised by the tricker TPing and deals with it accordingly.

Beisa won't purposely tire himself out if Urushi decides to sneak around, in fact he's likely going to just stop attacking and plop a banner down to tank any attack even better than he normally would, seeing as Urushi downscales from damn near 15 Megatons exact while Beisa has a 40+ Character scaling chain from 8.8 Megatons, so uh, yeah, I don't think I'd need to say why Beisa could pretty easily facetank a ton of attacks from Urushi if necessary.

Literally all of them.

Seeing as said banners are non-targetable/intangible to people who can bitch slap ghosts and twisters and such, I don't think Urushi can actually hit them

I was never saying it'd get rid of the status, only that it'd deal with it.
Think they will at minimum still operator sub-par then.

these "Fodder" Literally scale to the classes who can tank hits from Beisa himself, so they actually just downscale from him so.
¯\(ツ)
Lower level is lower level.

Danmaku, minions and his own strategy, he quite literally isn't surprised by the tricker TPing and deals with it accordingly.
Not being surprised by it doesn't negate the advantage at all. What you're saying is essentially that he has no real counter but just defeats those guys using his usual advantages.

Beisa won't purposely tire himself out if Urushi decides to sneak around, in fact he's likely going to just stop attacking and plop a banner down to tank any attack even better than he normally would, seeing as Urushi downscales from damn near 15 Megatons exact while Beisa has a 40+ Character scaling chain from 8.8 Megatons, so uh, yeah, I don't think I'd need to say why Beisa could pretty easily facetank a ton of attacks from Urushi if necessary.
If he stops attacking Urushi can easily pop out then and attack, so his Danmaku defense won't really be effective here.

Btw. you're a little wrong about Urushi downscaling. As the profile says he downscales from Fran. However, Fran scaled to the feat she gets her AP from since... 500 chapters ago or so? At least 400 I think. And Fran & Master develop fast as hell. What I'm trying to say is that Urushi slightly downscales from someone vastly vastly above that feat. So Beisa's scaling chain really doesn't justify him tanking much of anything here.

Literally all of them.
Can they silence Urushi while he is in a shadow then?

Seeing as said banners are non-targetable/intangible to people who can bitch slap ghosts and twisters and such, I don't think Urushi can actually hit them
Are they actually explained to be intangible or is this game mechanics stuff?

You didn't answer how Beisa deals with poison.

Think they will at minimum still operator sub-par then.

¯\(ツ)
Lower level is lower level.

Not being surprised by it doesn't negate the advantage at all. What you're saying is essentially that he has no real counter but just defeats those guys using his usual advantages.

If he stops attacking Urushi can easily pop out then and attack, so his Danmaku defense won't really be effective here.

Btw. you're a little wrong about Urushi downscaling. As the profile says he downscales from Fran. However, Fran scaled to the feat she gets her AP from since... 500 chapters ago or so? At least 400 I think. And Fran & Master develop fast as hell. What I'm trying to say is that Urushi slightly downscales from someone vastly vastly above that feat. So Beisa's scaling chain really doesn't justify him tanking much of anything here.

Can they silence Urushi while he is in a shadow then?

Are they actually explained to be intangible or is this game mechanics stuff?

You didn't answer how Beisa deals with poison.
maybe, maybe not.

Not when we're talking about a 40+ character scaling chain.

Ah yes, "Usual Advantages" Against people who can dodge god better danmaku than his. argument go splat.

Urushi pops out, suddenly gets a few dozen weapons right to the dome and is probably incapacitated right then and there. Beisa doesn't need to look at something to attack it.

Then revise his and Fran's profiles. Cause as it stands Fran is only superior to the feat, not a complete wash over the feat.

Shadow form specifically probably not, I can't recall any enemies in RotMG that are straight shadows. Regardless if Urushi can attack while in this state he should be removed from the tournament for being able to outright just go shadow form and just kill the entire tournament with 0 contest. Just saying

might be game mechanics, but outside of a select few things objects bosses summon in RotMG tend to not be able to be attacked.

depends on the poison, Beisa is only damaged by poison that is "so intensely lethal that it acts instantaneously", I didn't add poison resistance to his file cause he's still damaged by it(Albeit minorly, he's a massive damage sponge)

Not when we're talking about a 40+ character scaling chain.
Vague 40+ character scaling chain vs 500 chapters of isekai growth and an AP advantage to start with. Yeah, don't see the scaling chain edging out on that one without further context.

Ah yes, "Usual Advantages" Against people who can dodge god better danmaku than his. argument go splat.
The whole strategy you could explain was "he uses danmaku and his men". That's literally just him using his techniques at a basic application. The grand strategy here is literally just "Oh, he's teleporting? I will just have myself or my men hit him when he pops up". So yeah, sorry, don't see much of an argument here.

Urushi pops out, suddenly gets a few dozen weapons right to the dome and is probably incapacitated right then and there. Beisa doesn't need to look at something to attack it.
Ah yes, the character with less AP instantly oneshots the character with higher stats and regeneration. In speed equal. Without getting hit in return. When the attack comes from point-blank range.

Then revise his and Fran's profiles. Cause as it stands Fran is only superior to the feat, not a complete wash over the feat.
I am not required to mention every detail of everything on the profile. In fact, doing so is basically impossible. Context beyond profiles is allowed as long as it's not contradicting the profile and doesn't and stats or abilities not mentioned. That's literally one of the big reasons we add vs-threads to profiles. I can hardly be expected to edit the profile every 20 chapters to mention that Fran got a little stronger.

And your 40+ scaling chain is mentioned nowhere either, so I guess I have the AP advantage regardless of how we do this dance.

Shadow form specifically probably not, I can't recall any enemies in RotMG that are straight shadows. Regardless if Urushi can attack while in this state he should be removed from the tournament for being able to outright just go shadow form and just kill the entire tournament with 0 contest. Just saying
He can attack from his shadows. He doesn't often do so in-character. Just like he usually doesn't use intangibility and Mind Lost. This changes if his opponent forces his hand, though. Or, his paw, I guess. If Beisa prevents him from fighting outside the shadows, he will probably clear way with a blast from within them.

might be game mechanics, but outside of a select few things objects bosses summon in RotMG tend to not be able to be attacked.
Yeah... sounds a lot like game mechanics. (Also not mentioned on the profile anyway if we're continuing that game)

depends on the poison, Beisa is only damaged by poison that is "so intensely lethal that it acts instantaneously", I didn't add poison resistance to his file cause he's still damaged by it(Albeit minorly, he's a massive damage sponge)
Urushi poison is of a superior variety so it should work.

Not to mention this is not on Beisa's profile either. (such a fun game)

Vague 40+ character scaling chain vs 500 chapters of isekai growth and an AP advantage to start with. Yeah, don't see the scaling chain edging out on that one without further context.

The whole strategy you could explain was "he uses danmaku and his men". That's literally just him using his techniques at a basic application. The grand strategy here is literally just "Oh, he's teleporting? I will just have myself or my men hit him when he pops up". So yeah, sorry, don't see much of an argument here.

Ah yes, the character with less AP instantly oneshots the character with higher stats and regeneration. In speed equal. Without getting hit in return. When the attack comes from point-blank range.

I am not required to mention every detail of everything on the profile. In fact, doing so is basically impossible. Context beyond profiles is allowed as long as it's not contradicting the profile and doesn't and stats or abilities not mentioned. That's literally one of the big reasons we add vs-threads to profiles. I can hardly be expected to edit the profile every 20 chapters to mention that Fran got a little stronger.

And your 40+ scaling chain is mentioned nowhere either, so I guess I have the AP advantage regardless of how we do this dance.

He can attack from his shadows. He doesn't often do so in-character. Just like he usually doesn't use intangibility and Mind Lost. This changes if his opponent forces his hand, though. Or, his paw, I guess. If Beisa prevents him from fighting outside the shadows, he will probably clear way with a blast from within them.

Yeah... sounds a lot like game mechanics. (Also not mentioned on the profile anyway if we're continuing that game)

Urushi poison is of a superior variety so it should work.

Not to mention this is not on Beisa's profile either. (such a fun game)
And pray tell why doens't Fran have said AP growth on her profile? And I can post the scaling chain, I do have it on-hand, I just normally don't feel the need to.

Yes, the thing is, he has to do this in such a way where he can actually, you know, hit opponents who are dodge gods, can teleport(Trickster), can go invisible(Rouge), Can AP/speed amp (Warrior), among other amenities like healing and whatnot. You act like it was 85 normal ass people Beisa fights.

That durability negation ain't for show, "Armor" has a broad spectrum in RotMG, whether it be actual armor, literal permanent defense amplifying potions, stat amps, what have you. And you would imply Beisa isn't a tanky bastard and can't actually take a hit from Urushi without heavy reprications for the ladder. and his regeneration is low, Beisa isn't going to be making scratches.

thing is it's actually minorly mentioned, as Beisa is second to Oryx in scaling. that's what his profile says. while Fran's profile makes no mention of the fact she's gotten stronger since the feat took place, you can at least give the implication she's gotten stronger instead of literally nothing indicating that she has.

Tell me, what do you think people are gonna see when "Attack Potency: Large Town level (Created a deep hole via vaporization), possibly City level (Superior to Goldalfa we could create a Earthquake, with a 10 on the Mercalli scale, albeit possibly just local)" They see that? They're gonna think Fran doesn't really upscale from her High 7-C and only just upscales from her 7-B. While Even Oryx's profile makes it abundantly clear he is WAY stronger than the 7-B calc for RotMG.

I mean how much is that gonna do with several meters of range? Beisa canand will abuse the hell out his, and his minions' range advantage, if he feels a close quarters confrontation can't really be done.

When it comes to games like Realm of the Mad God, "Game Mechanics" becomes more of a moot point the more you look into it. Cause there ain't exactly a ton of lore to go off of.

"Poison Magic: Magic that allows for the creation and manipulation of poison. Aside from lethal effects there are also weak poisons with effects such as loosening ones bowels.
Poison・Arrow: Poison equivalent of fire arrow.
Create・Poison: Creates poison.
Poison Mist: Urushi can release a mist of poison in his surroundings, that subjects anyone breathing it in to intense pain. It is powerful enough to permanently cripple enemies." That doesn't sound like it's gonna really effect Beisa lethally or anything, and like I said, he is damaged by it, which is why I didn't put a resistance on the profile. Unless you want to randomly say someone who was affected by it and took damage from it resisted it.

And pray tell why doens't Fran have said AP growth on her profile? And I can post the scaling chain, I do have it on-hand, I just normally don't feel the need to.
And why doesn't Beisa have the scaling chain? Because I also don't feel the need to mention it. Not to mention that I am preparing for a revision, just that it takes time because it's a mountain of small revisions.

Yes, the thing is, he has to do this in such a way where he can actually, you know, hit opponents who are dodge gods, can teleport(Trickster), can go invisible(Rouge), Can AP/speed amp (Warrior), among other amenities like healing and whatnot. You act like it was 85 normal ass people Beisa fights.
Which is accomplished by basic Danmaku apparently, since you can't describe what's actually special about his attacks. If you just say his Danmaku can hit these characters its more of a showing of lack of ability from his opponents.

That durability negation ain't for show, "Armor" has a broad spectrum in RotMG, whether it be actual armor, literal permanent defense amplifying potions, stat amps, what have you.
None of which applies to the giant wolf.

And you would imply Beisa isn't a tanky bastard and can't actually take a hit from Urushi without heavy reprications for the ladder.
Urushi takes a hit he heals off. Beisa takes a hit he doesn't heal and is poisoned.

and his regeneration is low, Beisa isn't going to be making scratches.
Slow regeneration covers stuff that naturally heals, which will be usual hits from Beisa. And High-Low over time, means greater injuries at least start to heal a little, which helps.

thing is it's actually minorly mentioned, as Beisa is second to Oryx in scaling. that's what his profile says. while Fran's profile makes no mention of the fact she's gotten stronger since the feat took place, you can at least give the implication she's gotten stronger instead of literally nothing indicating that she has.
Oryx doesn't have the scaling chain mentioned either. As said, no matter how we play this game, Urushi has the advantage.

Tell me, what do you think people are gonna see when "Attack Potency: Large Town level (Created a deep hole via vaporization), possibly City level (Superior to Goldalfa we could create a Earthquake, with a 10 on the Mercalli scale, albeit possibly just local)" They see that? They're gonna think Fran doesn't really upscale from her High 7-C and only just upscales from her 7-B. While Even Oryx's profile makes it abundantly clear he is WAY stronger than the 7-B calc for RotMG.
Doesn't make it clear he's as much stronger than you claim and it's not like I suggest Fran might have a different AP tier. So yeah, stop getting on my nerves with technicalities just cause you don't win the AP upscaling.

I mean how much is that gonna do with several meters of range? Beisa canand will abuse the hell out his, and his minions' range advantage, if he feels a close quarters confrontation can't really be done.
Shadow diving allows Urushi to clear any distance he needs. They can't prevent him from getting close through the shadows.

When it comes to games like Realm of the Mad God, "Game Mechanics" becomes more of a moot point the more you look into it. Cause there ain't exactly a ton of lore to go off of.
We don't lessen our standards just because a medium fails to provide clear feats.

"Poison Magic: Magic that allows for the creation and manipulation of poison. Aside from lethal effects there are also weak poisons with effects such as loosening ones bowels.
Poison・Arrow: Poison equivalent of fire arrow.
Create・Poison: Creates poison.
Poison Mist: Urushi can release a mist of poison in his surroundings, that subjects anyone breathing it in to intense pain. It is powerful enough to permanently cripple enemies." That doesn't sound like it's gonna really effect Beisa lethally or anything, and like I said, he is damaged by it, which is why I didn't put a resistance on the profile. Unless you want to randomly say someone who was affected by it and took damage from it resisted it.
Well, it seems like you are saying Beisa somehow doesn't just get decimated from the poison. If you have a special ability to be less effected by poison, that would be poison resistance.

And what do you mean doesn't effect lethaly it literally says "Aside from lethal effects there are alsp..." i.e. lethal effects and other stuff happens.

And why doesn't Beisa have the scaling chain? Because I also don't feel the need to mention it. Not to mention that I am preparing for a revision, just that it takes time because it's a mountain of small revisions.

Which is accomplished by basic Danmaku apparently, since you can't describe what's actually special about his attacks. If you just say his Danmaku can hit these characters its more of a showing of lack of ability from his opponents.

None of which applies to the giant wolf.

Urushi takes a hit he heals off. Beisa takes a hit he doesn't heal and is poisoned.

Slow regeneration covers stuff that naturally heals, which will be usual hits from Beisa. And High-Low over time, means greater injuries at least start to heal a little, which helps.

Oryx doesn't have the scaling chain mentioned either. As said, no matter how we play this game, Urushi has the advantage.

Doesn't make it clear he's as much stronger than you claim and it's not like I suggest Fran might have a different AP tier. So yeah, stop getting on my nerves with technicalities just cause you don't win the AP upscaling.

Shadow diving allows Urushi to clear any distance he needs. They can't prevent him from getting close through the shadows.

We don't lessen our standards just because a medium fails to provide clear feats.

Well, it seems like you are saying Beisa somehow doesn't just get decimated from the poison. If you have a special ability to be less effected by poison, that would be poison resistance.

And what do you mean doesn't effect lethaly it literally says "Aside from lethal effects there are alsp..." i.e. lethal effects and other stuff happens.
Because it's a scaling chain that'd take up needless room in the AP section of the profile, so implying it is best(which is what I did for Beisa, seeing as both Oryx and Beisa have the implication of a ridiculous upscale), and that's what I want with both Urushi and Fran, at least SOME implication they've gotten stronger since the feats happened, that they upscale as much as they do.

These are 85 opponents who can dodge literal walls of danmaku through sheer dodging capability alone. Hitting them at all is a feat.

He has durability, it's durability negation, if you want it removed, make a CRT, may as well cover the two classes with profiles to since they're a pain in my ass.

With sharp weapons I don't think so, it'd be on you to prove Urushi can get around the piercing damage of a blade being yeeted his way by an opponent who, at minimum, isn't far behind him. And Beisa doesn't need to heal, taking an assault from 85 characters who aren't exactly far behind him is going to be handling Urushi's offense because he is a stonewall.

See above, especially seeing as he's actually got the implication he's WAY above the feat.

Or, maybe, don't make confusing profiles. I've lost my care for this match in exchange for the care for better profiles on this site, how many other profiles that you've made don't make it clear of how much the upscale is, or, in the case of Fran's High 7-C, 0 implied upscale at all. But it's good there's a revision coming so I won't talk about it further.

Actually they can, use the lights in the area and don't make a shadow several meters away from the edge. Beisa is smart enough to figure this out. Because it's basic positioning.

And when all we have to go off of for combat is "game mechanics" said argument becomes worse, and worse, and worse the more you actually think about it.

Like what other stuff? It's clear you have no issue making the Notable Attacks and Techniques section of a profile feel like a complete and utter wall of text with no rhyme or reason so why make an exception here?

Because it's a scaling chain that'd take up needless room in the AP section of the profile, so implying it is best(which is what I did for Beisa, seeing as both Oryx and Beisa have the implication of a ridiculous upscale), and that's what I want with both Urushi and Fran, at least SOME implication they've gotten stronger since the feats happened, that they upscale as much as they do.
Well, and I want an actual indication of scaling chain instead of just vague higher, the 'poison resistance' you bring up, the intangible banners, the great strategies... yet I don't get any of that either. So either we can both stop to revise the profiles (yours needs it more since it literally doesn't mention abilities you bring up) or we can just accept the fact that extra-evidence gets presented in vs-threads. Your choice.

He has durability, it's durability negation, if you want it removed, make a CRT, may as well cover the two classes with profiles to since they're a pain in my ass.
No the profile specifies it's armor negation. You are arguing against the profile at this point. If you want it to negate durability besides armor you really will need a CRT, since that explicitly goes against the explanation of the profile.

Heck, you yourself explained the scope as: "That durability negation ain't for show, "Armor" has a broad spectrum in RotMG, whether it be actual armor, literal permanent defense amplifying potions, stat amps, what have you." Pretty dishonest of you to backpaddle on that just because it doesn't work out here.

But sure, let's cut this short. If you really think it should negate durability beyond armor I will make a CRT to add a clarifier to your profile regarding that.

These are 85 opponents who can dodge literal walls of danmaku through sheer dodging capability alone. Hitting them at all is a feat.
A feat of danmaku not of having any strategy actually relevant to this fight, as Urushi can dodged Danmaku via shadow diving, regardless of how nice the patterns are.

With sharp weapons I don't think so, it'd be on you to prove Urushi can get around the piercing damage of a blade being yeeted his way by an opponent who, at minimum, isn't far behind him. And Beisa doesn't need to heal, taking an assault from 85 characters who aren't exactly far behind him is going to be handling Urushi's offense because he is a stonewall.
You don't have the feats to claim Beisa gets no relevant damage from Urushi.

And Urushi has fought plenty of opponents with sharp weapons. Another wolf with sharp claws for instance. In the first place, are you pretending sharp objects ignore durability now and just oneshot a superior opponent? Nah. Especially not with the way durability work in Ken Deshita with RPG stats and stuff.

Actually they can, use the lights in the area and don't make a shadow several meters away from the edge. Beisa is smart enough to figure this out. Because it's basic positioning.
Actually, they can't, because there are shadows below their feet. And Urushi could take out the room's lights... maybe. Depending how the room's lights are positioned.

And when all we have to go off of for combat is "game mechanics" said argument becomes worse, and worse, and worse the more you actually think about it.
Not really. I do many profiles for books which notoriously lack in speed feats because it's often not clear whether that lightning was aim-dodged or anything. Doesn't mean I get to assume they move at comparable speeds to the lightning because the medium otherwise makes it hard for me. I just have to live with the fact that the medium limits my ability to acquire feats and write the profiles with what I have.

Same goes for you. You don't get lesser standards of evidence, just because your verse doesn't give you a lot.

Like what other stuff?
The poison can be lethal, cause paralysis or cause diarrhea. The lethal version is the relevant here, I would say.

Last edited:
Well, and I want an actual indication of scaling chain instead of just vague higher, the 'poison resistance' you bring up, the intangible banners, the great strategies... yet I don't get any of that either. So either we can both stop to revise the profiles (yours needs it more since it literally doesn't mention abilities you bring up) or we can just accept the fact that extra-evidence gets presented in vs-threads. Your choice.

No the profile specifies it's armor negation. You are arguing against the profile at this point. If you want it to negate durability besides armor you really will need a CRT, since that explicitly goes against the explanation of the profile.

Heck, you yourself explained the scope as: "That durability negation ain't for show, "Armor" has a broad spectrum in RotMG, whether it be actual armor, literal permanent defense amplifying potions, stat amps, what have you." Pretty dishonest of you to backpaddle on that just because it doesn't work out here.

A feat of danmaku not of having any strategy actually relevant to this fight, as Urushi can dodged Danmaku via shadow diving, regardless of how nice the patterns are.

You don't have the feats to claim Beisa gets no relevant damage from Urushi.

And Urushi has fought plenty of opponents with sharp weapons. Another wolf with sharp claws for instance. In the first place, are you pretending sharp objects ignore durability now and just oneshot a superior opponent? Nah. Especially not with the way durability work in Ken Deshita with RPG stats and stuff.

Actually, they can't, because there are shadows below their feet. And Urushi could take out the room's lights... maybe. Depending how the room's lights are positioned.

Not really. I do many profiles for books which notoriously lack in speed feats because it's often not clear whether that lightning was aim-dodged or anything. Doesn't mean I get to assume they move at comparable speeds for the lightning because the medium otherwise makes it hard for me. I just have to live with the fact that the medium limits my ability to acquire feats and write the profiles with what I have.

Same goes for you. You don't get lesser standards of evidence, just because your verse doesn't give you a lot.

The poison can be lethal, cause paralysis or cause diarrhea. The lethal version is the relevant here, I would say.
There is implication, in case you didn't notice the "in scaling" part, which does actually imply a scaling chain. Why should the banners have their own personal properties on the profile, again? My issue was never with outside stuff being brought in, my issue was solely in the fact its not even REMOTELY implied Fran has any kind of upscaling from High 7-C, and only simple upscaling from 7-B on her profile, there isn't a single implication she's stronger than strong compared to her stats when the feats took place. And about the CRT, I've given up on making RotMG CRTs becuase nobody ever actually visits them with any comment, unless you wanna be the first, I'm not making it. Me wanting my profiles and verse to at least be decent ends when it becomes wasted and unappreciated effort.

Yes, it's broad, now here's the thing, have you ever considered said "defense" actually being durability in RotMG? Hell, if you want more proof of armor piercing=dura neg why not look at the Ghost Ship's lightning? The shit pierces armor and leaves anyone who had the bright idea to face-tank it half-dead, even the 7-Bs among the classes have to avoid that. And everyone, from the 9-A level 1 newbie who somehow got into Oryx's Sanctuary and not died to the 7-B badass whos cleared the place and all of it's wings multiple times gets hit the same hefty amount by these attacks REGARDLESS of defense.

There comes a time when actually HITTING someone becomes a skill feat DT, this is one of those times. And if he's shadow diving that's giving Beisa and his forces time to rest.

I never said he wouldn't get relevant damage in, I said it'd be handled.

And has any of these attacks actually hit him? Cause piercing damage works more and more the thinner the edge and the faster its going. Beisa is yeeting at least sharpened and highly battle-ready weapons around at Supersonic speeds due to speed equal, piercing damage can heavily damage those stronger than the one using it, like cats being able to harm 10-B or 10-A humans.

By standing under a light the area of a shadow would be reduced, but yeah, this point does Hinge upon how the lights are.

And yet you still have SOMETHING to go off of, you have a feat, Realm of the Mad God doesn't explain why these spefic parts of Beisa's Arsenal can't be attacked at all, it'd be on you to find any sort of lore dictating why that is, and I've gone over it all, from the item descriptions to the boss text to what have you. There's nothing.

Paralysis, that's all you need to say, that's the shit that needs to be said, what can the poison DO?

Regardless do what you want, I am supremely tired of debating in bibles and my tolerance for it for like the entire week is spent.

There is implication, in case you didn't notice the "in scaling" part, which does actually imply a scaling chain.
Not actually mentioning a scaling chain, though.

Why should the banners have their own personal properties on the profile, again?
Because they are part of his abilities, which need their nature specified.

My issue was never with outside stuff being brought in, my issue was solely in the fact its not even REMOTELY implied Fran has any kind of upscaling from High 7-C, and only simple upscaling from 7-B on her profile, there isn't a single implication she's stronger than strong compared to her stats when the feats took place.
If your problem isn't with me bringing in the outside explanation of her upscaling, then you should have no problem with it getting used. Your outside explanations are not indicated on the profile either, after all.

And if you have no problem with it getting used, why the hell are you complaining in a vs-thread about it?

And about the CRT, I've given up on making RotMG CRTs becuase nobody ever actually visits them with any comment, unless you wanna be the first, I'm not making it. Me wanting my profiles and verse to at least be decent ends when it becomes wasted and unappreciated effort.
Just gotta keep them easy to overview and stuff. Or at least that's my experience. Given my position, I guess I probably have a bias in that regard, though. If you wanna make the CRT instead of me, go ahead. If it's just about the armour stuff I will be glad to evaluate it, but you better bring good evidence. You know how much I love mechanisms.

Yes, it's broad, now here's the thing, have you ever considered said "defense" actually being durability in RotMG? Hell, if you want more proof of armor piercing=dura neg why not look at the Ghost Ship's lightning? The shit pierces armor and leaves anyone who had the bright idea to face-tank it half-dead, even the 7-Bs among the classes have to avoid that. And everyone, from the 9-A level 1 newbie who somehow got into Oryx's Sanctuary and not died to the 7-B badass whos cleared the place and all of it's wings multiple times gets hit the same hefty amount by these attacks REGARDLESS of defense.
So... it has 7-B attacks? Or is it that the characters are just not very durable without buffs/armor? As said, the profile says armour piercing. If it doesn't mean armour piercing maybe you should not have specified armour piercing when writing the profile.

There comes a time when actually HITTING someone becomes a skill feat DT, this is one of those times. And if he's shadow diving that's giving Beisa and his forces time to rest.
Skill that he can't really apply in this scenario, since Urushi doesn't dodge in the usual way.

And sure, he can rest. So can Urushi. The difference is that Urushi has regeneration. So he actually gets something out of resting.

I never said he wouldn't get relevant damage in, I said it'd be handled.
What should "be handeled" even mean? He has no means to recover from damage and if Urushi inflicts poison it only gets worse. What does he handle here?

And has any of these attacks actually hit him? Cause piercing damage works more and more the thinner the edge and the faster its going. Beisa is yeeting at least sharpened and highly battle-ready weapons around at Supersonic speeds due to speed equal, piercing damage can heavily damage those stronger than the one using it, like cats being able to harm 10-B or 10-A humans.
Yes, they have hit him. Heck he even lost an eye during battle once and continued going. And I don't know why you make a big deal out of piercing damage, since Urushi's attacks do that too.

Btw. thick fur is typically not easy to pierce through~

By standing under a light the area of a shadow would be reduced, but yeah, this point does Hinge upon how the lights are.
Reduced, but never fully erased.

And yet you still have SOMETHING to go off of, you have a feat, Realm of the Mad God doesn't explain why these spefic parts of Beisa's Arsenal can't be attacked at all, it'd be on you to find any sort of lore dictating why that is, and I've gone over it all, from the item descriptions to the boss text to what have you. There's nothing.
I mean, that something is about as solid evidence of intangibility as being unable to kill a shopkeeper in a game is evidence for the shopkeeper to have higher durability that the protagonists AP.

Paralysis, that's all you need to say, that's the shit that needs to be said, what can the poison DO?
Kill you. Don't know what part of lethal poison is the problem here.

Still think Urushi simply jumps into the next shadow, by that circumvents the Danmaku/soldiers, jumps out of Beisa's shadow, hits with poison fang and from there the poison wins the game.

And there’s grace.

With that, all QR1 matches are completed, and we will shortly begin QR2. Also, yes these matches will be added later.

Back