• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I would vote Maple. If he damages her she can just pull out Counter and throw all that damage right back at him. She can also use her poison or wait for Kirito to land a hit on her shield and use Akujiki to eat him. Also, don't forget, every time Kirito hits her, Gokuaku Hido passively increases her defense so it might get to a point where he can't even damage her at all. I don't know that's my two cents in this.

Is Kirito able to speed amp still? Also does he have reality warping in this key?

Also I doubt Kirito is going to straight up aim for her shield. Seems like he would have to be hit with character pis to do that.

He seems to have natural faster reaction though and more experience. Through all his gaiming he should be accustomed to shield wielders and their basic skill set to know not to go ham on their one special equipment

Plus add the fact his reality warping adds better odds to his chamce of winning, don't think instant death would go off either way

If the dragon shoots the posion at him he can negate it with spell blast before it can spread. Combined with his prediction, enchanced senses, and basic probability manipulation he could tell its not just some magic shot he should block or evade.

His prediction is analytical only, so it doesnt let him know if the poison is strong or not. His probability manip is limited and doesnt guarantee a win

Plus, Maple can summons demons which slows kirito's stats or she can just turn into Machine God and danmaku him from range and flight

While it doesn't make him win a battle it stills pits odds in his favor, lowering chamce based effects for her. Also her poison only bypasses large resistance. It specifically states it doesn't bypass negation which Kirito has. Danmaku also isn't going to be too much a problem with his prediction and experience with bullets and magic attacks and his speed amp isn't going to let her just fly away easily.

He is not dodging unless he can deal with literally hundreds of lasers per second with AoE of hundreds of meters

If he tries to intercept that, Maple would just turn into a sheep whool, which protects her as an omnidirectional shield, and from that, she transforms and flies away

That's first assuming he would let her fly away. He not only has prediction to help dodge, but sword skills to refract away as shown above.

Kirito can create shields mentally with Incarnation. He can block and get through to her. He actually outranges her with blue rose sword release and spatial manipulation so he can hit her just as easily from a distance.

Sarvaughan said:
Voting Kirito for better stats starting off with, range, poison negation, defense against danmaku, and experience
Kirigaya Kazuto makes the Kaede Hondo on the inside squeal "what TF do I do" in panic FRA

Kirito does have experience with poison attacks and stun attacks, knowing how dangerous any poison can be, gamer knowledge. Kirito has fought people with over hundreds of years of experience and can predict from even the most simple of actions, like stance, eye, or pretty much anything else.

Not only does he have skill going for him, but the reality warping/incarnation as well as negation of poision.

At this range kirito would have no issue spamming sacred arts, arrows and etc. As well as shields, blinding, healing, etc.

And his trump card the perfect weapon control arts which he can use at least two times before having to stop. Kirito mainly plays defensive since any hit could get him killed, and not knowing someone, especially a shield user would make him cautious. For example he could use «Spinning Shield» to block some attacks.

Though i really do love maple and kirito a lot, it's hard to say.

Kirito: 3 (HyperNepsy, Jasonsith, Sarvaughan)

Maple: 3 (Oblivion of the Endless, The Pen or the Sword, CrimsonPyre)

Inconc: 0

Actually... How is Kirito not 8-A in durability with like... his attack? (Large building physically, multi city block with his attacks?) Can he not block attacks with his 8-A attack instead?

Speed unrestricting works not since by then Kirito blitzes. Hard.

Kirito could get one shoted but he could use his perfect weapon control to counter/block but only two times. And Kirito with spinning shield was able to block an enhance armament and was able to take a hit from Alice's perfect weapon control, and Eugeo's, and Fanatio's.... Which were all 8-A attacks...

His durability should even be comparable to Eugeo who took a 8-A attack from the time sword. But uh....I'm not so sure. But for things I'm sure on he can counter with his own 8-A attack

I am asking one SAO expert to tackle on this yellow elephant. May be subject to a "minor" revision that may save or lock this thread.

We shall wait.

I have to go with Maple here. The most likely outcome of the fight would be for Maple to open up with Hydra and Kirito to try to go in and fight her at close range because that is usually the smart thing to do as a swordsman vs a shield user. He would have no reason to suspect a shield user that's blocking of anything dangerous.

His most likely plan would be to overwhelm her with his skill, as most shield users are weak up close once they are opened up. We saw, at least in the anime, Payne had the advantage as a swordsman against Maple up close when she didn't have any Devours at her disposal. It would normally be a good strategy, and it would be the plan if you don't know about that move.

Also, with only 8-C durability against someone who can spam 8-A moves when in Machine God form, he wouldn't survive long if he stayed at range and gave her the time to transform.

Quinella would be a better match here, since she has 8-A or higher barriers.

Ionliosite said:
Why do people keep voting on a match that was already deemed a stomp? Geez, I don't get this people.
It's cuz I was too lazy to read through everything so I assumed it was not a stomp.

So counter reset.

Now we have a girl that absorbs by touch versus a lady that controls by touch. This looks interesting.

Back