• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Either Alex absorbs her via touch or Maple tries to absorb Alex, but ends up absorbing the Blacklight Virus into her body and gets all of her molecules passively infected. That should be the outcome of the match if I read her profiles correctly.

OK, what if he attacks her without touching the shield? Actually, now that I think about it, when ever he dealt with Armored targets he would usually use Hammerfists, which even if not a direct impact, had a shockwave go out that still damaged the target nearby. Would that get him absorbed?

So if he just touches her at all and anywhere, he just gets absorbed?

If he sees the Hammerfist fail (and he avoids getting absorbed) then he might just use the Claws to do a Graveyard Spike to stab her from under her.

Schnee One said:
Beat the shit out of you.

Bluntly
And absorbs via touch, a method that he is willing to perform on even ordinary-looking people from what I can see. His absorption is also not limited to just biological beings, as shown when he's capable absorbing inorganic clothing and electronic devices such as radios, so he should be capable of absorbing inanimate objects as well.

Oblivion Of The Endless said:
Trying to absorb the shield is a bad idea since it would nullify the attempt, and absorb him instead
He doesn't need to absorb her up close. He can use one of his tendrils for try and do so. And from what I can see, Maple's shield has a size limit on its absorption, so any of Mercer's particularly large-sized attacks such as his tendrils and Devastators would be the only ones to be absorbed while he remains intact.

Once he sees his biomass getting absorbed by her shield, he would pretty much be spamming Devastators at her at a distance to try to get around the shield (and one of Mercer's Devastators, the Tendril Barrage Devastator, involves a very large amount of tendrils with decently large size to attack his targets with). Also, Maple's absorption only applies to her shield making contact with her targets, correct?

In Prototype 1, Alex Mercer's starting moves are literally up to the player's choice. We don't know how he fights outside of gameplay, and the only combat cutscenes we've seen of Alex is when he has already defeated his targets and then absorbed them. Unlike Prototype 2 Mercer, Prototype 1 Alex doesn't have any defined method of combat as it's literally up in the air depending on the player's actions. The methods I was talking about Alex taking was via assuming he gets the skill and knowledge/intelligence of hundreds to thousands he has absorbed, along with the fact that Devastators are a canonical form of attacks, and the fact that SBA puts the combatants at a distance of the highest ranged combatant's range unless the range is otherwise too absurd.

So her absorption is limited by contact with her shield, got it. How well does Maple do against sudden attacks that erupts from the ground directly underneath her by the way?

Also, which key of Maple is being used in this thread? I'm not familiar with BOFURI, so I don't know what "before Atrocity" means for her keys.

>"How does Maple do against attacks from underground"

She is...pretty awful, I'll give you that

I should also mention that her starting move is actually AoE poison. Of course, she uses the shield too for close combat

Also, OP should equalize speed. Its a speedblitz for Mercer otherwise

"She is... Pretty awful, I'll give you that".

Well then, that's an advantage for Mercer as making spikes erupt from the ground is one of Mercer's main form of ranged attacks. XD

I mean, I've seen that her poison bypasses resistances to poison in her profile, but I don't see how Mercer's Regenerationn can't deal with that.

Oh, I didn't notice that speed wasn't equalised. I didn't know we had a character even slower than Alex Mercer, a character not well-known for his speed. XD

(Also, which key of Maple are we using?)

Putting all your points into vitality does have your disadvantages too. Normally, people would at least try to equalize your points in a RPG, but Maple is a pussy, so

It depends on how the paralysis works. Does it paralyse there inner biological functions of the targets (such as breathing, their organs, and such)? Or does it only inhibit physical body movement (if it only inhibits body movement, does it completely halt it or does it only cause the target to not be able to walk with their legs)? and how long does it last? And how in-character is it for Maple to use it as a first move or spam? And can it also be used against targets or attacks with large size?

Guess I wont wait for the OP, the

Its pretty in character, she used as first move is some situations, though Hydra (poison stuff) is still most common for her to use first

It only paralyzes your movements, but things like heart and organs keeps working fine. Size limit? Im not sure, she never used on big targets

Nice. XD

So, it doesn't have any usage limit like her absorption (which, if I've read correctly, can only be used 10 times per day)? And how in-character is it for Maple to use it against people who look like ordinary people (or non-monsters in this case), especially as a starting move?

Because if she doesn't play her cards right, even one good nick or scratch from any of Alex's attacks, and she is screwed.

Alright. Well that's going to be hard to know what her paralysis can do against large sized targets or attacks.

Yeah, the paralysis doesnt have a limit. Its pretty in character, as she used against humans quite a lot already, but poison is still the most often thing to start with

Alright. Does the paralysis paralyse your movements by making the victims have difficulty coordinating their movements or stops their movements completely like that Syndrome (The Incredibles character) character's Zero Point Energy?

Back