• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Oof guess i'll change it tbh I thought Maple stood a chance even though there was nen crush.

Maple is basically completely dead if Kars touches her once because of Pillar Man acid.

What's Maple's opening move?

Poison can most likely be adapted against or just out-regened. Is there a mechanic for the paralysis?

>absorbing a Pillar Man

That's a good way to become chunky salsa because of the acid.

That's not mentioned anywhere on the page and that's not resistance negation, that's just the poison being very strong.

I know Kars adaptation is good but Im not sure if it would adapt to a poison that can bypass layers of resistances and immunity (in verse). The paralysis stops all of your movements, she activates by moving her blade

I mean, she nullifies attacks and absorbs the target. And the absorption doesnt go to her body

Simple resistance layers for poison means nothing without context for what it scales above. Like, without context, I can easily say that Kars is vastly above what her poison can deal with because IRL poisons vary by ludicrous amounts. And define immunity. Like just a skilled named that, which would 100% just be resistance without further context, or being a ghost or smth like that? Also, that's not what I meant. I was asking if the paralysis is stopping your muscles or anything like that, like what it does to paralyze you.

I find it hard to believe that she can absorb something and not have it go into her body. If it goes into her shield or smth like that, that just gets melted as well.

People with [poison resistance (medium)] and [poison resistance (large)] still dies to it. Later in the volumes, the poison becomes capable of bypassing [poison immunity].

>And define immunity

Its basically the highest one can go when it comes to resisting poison. You basically receive no damage from poison attacks

>I was asking if the paralysis is stopping your muscles or anything like that, like what it does to paralyze you.

Yes, it stops all of your muscles

>I find it hard to believe that she can absorb something and not have it go into her body. If it goes into her shield or smth like that, that just gets melted as well.

I mean, what she absorbs gets turned into magic particles/supply and goes to her shield

What does Poison Resistance (Small) give resistance to, or are the layers featless?

Without further context, that would just be another layer over Poison Resistance (Large).

Considering a way less developed Pillar Man, Santana, could function just fine as a nervous system and nothing else, and Kars is incomparably better than any Pillar Man, I'd say that Kars is more or less fine against that.

This is what the eating power seems to be:

• Bizarre Eater (Akujiki): A skill that changes everything that was devoured as power. Can devour humans, monsters, weapons, magic, and can change those to the user's MP, which also increases her defense. When the magic powers overflows, will be stored inside the body as magic crystal. In addition, with eating the magic attack and the direct attack dealt with weapons, it can completely nullify it. It's a passive skill that has limited use of 10 times per day.
It doesn't say that eating an attack will eat the person behind it, just nullify the attack. It's limited use is also a big issue for obvious reasons.

Idk about the standards of stomps in relation to CIS, but Kars is more than capable of winning if he just doesn't let Maple's shield touch him and pokes her face.

Probably not, Kars is cocky but not stupid. He isn't one to blindly go into a fight against an unknown enemy, if he doesn't know what they can do or if there's any risk, he plays it safe and attacks from afar and stealths them after they think they won.

I also want to point out Kars has Hamon, Hamon that's hundreds of times more potent than Hamon that can induce organ failure and a loss of conscious, getting hit by Kars Hamon would likely liquify organs all things considered.

Now couple that with how Kars plays it safe and his ranged attacks, Kars can attack from quite a distance away, given his ultmate status he'd likely just send a animal out to test the waters or few, if they get absorbed, which they likely would, that would tell Kars that he shouldn't do that himself, of course given the limited number of uses and Kars being capable of sending dozens and dozens of anials out at once, Bizarre Eater is literally a non-issue, it becomes useless as quickly as it's used.

Poison and the like also ain't much of a issue, why? Because Hamon, ignoring Kars can quite literally eject poison substances out of his body even if they would effect him, Hamon is capable of creating a shielding against liquids and that's how Maple's poison works, it's a liquid. All Kars has to do is use Hamon and any and all liquids just get shielded (Made even worse when you recall Kars' hamon basically gives his ass a SSJ2 aura). I also want to point out he can infuse his animals with Hamon, making them effectively suicide bombers. He can send out dozens and dozens of animals that he can not only control at a distance but transform at a distance to completely different things but not only that, he can infuse them with Hamon, Maple's weakness is being not that agile. I'm going to assume she'd have issue with dozens and dozens of animals all pumped full of Hamon attacking her from all directions. Also he can fly.

Kars would probably lead off with animals or something, get notified of Bizarre Eater, making that no longer a win condition as he'd play it safe till it eventually and quickly runs out. Kars would then likely just continue attacking from afar for a bit with animals, likely puped full of Hamon as that's a common thing Hamon user's do and given he has Hamon now, he'd likely want to make use of it. Couple that with him simply being able to fly so he's always out of range if he needs to and poisons being useless given he can manually eject them and Hamon can be used to protect from liquid substances, which is how maple's poison works. Assuming Kars doesn't decide and be ******* stupid, he has everything available to him that would give him a lowmid effort win and he's inclined to use all of it from how we see him act in the source material.

This is Ultimate Kars, the goddamn CIS meme that's actually true. His overconfidence is basically the only reason he lost despite his bs powers and ludicrous physical advantage.

Also, Hamon is very not in-character. He only used it against Joseph to prove his superiority.

No? The reason he lost is because of a bunch of coincidences and blind luck, Joseph himself even admits that. Kars didn't **** up, he just got unlucky, literally the canon reason. You're confusing being cocky against an opponent you know you can beat with ease as you've researched him, fought him multiple times and know the exact state he is in at the time (And even then Kars still took a few safe bets with Joseph and planned ways to take him out) with being a reckless idiot who blindly charges into a fight with no plan or precaution

Hamon isn't in character? That's honestly completely ludicrous and the fact you're actually suggesting it isn't is astounding. He got it then immediatly proceeded to use it multiple times, the only reason he stopped using it is because the story ended. Yet even in the little bit of time we see him using he it's made quite evident he likes it and how he's a god at the stuff. Unless we're using an Ult Kars that doesn't have Hamon, no, he's using it, and probably lots of it.

Maple's shield has absorption and can absorb enemies attacks or even enemies. But the enemies that she absorbs are usually fodders.

And shield absorption has a 10 times per day limit - like blocking one projectile or even landing with the shield on the floor would count one usage. (For larger game bosses she usually has to go with akujiki biting that takes down body parts bit by bit - in canon she eventually wins by attrition and therefore somehow shoes her limits with shield absorption in comparison with her akujiki biting.)

A BoFuri giant squid game boss with only low-mid regen can regrow tentacles and not get absorbed by Maple (just to be poisoned by Maple's poison spamming). Base Kars has high-mid regen and therefore should have no problem surviving even Maple's shield absorption.

Given Kars can kick the poison out of his body manually or just use Hamon to shield himself from liquids, that seems to be a non-issue.

And if those 10 uses count all those, one feather barrage would render it useless.

>lack of decent mobility is literally her weakness.

Doubt it's better than the world's best birds on crack. Most of her abilities with good range, like the poison, gets shut down by Hamon simply existing. Kars' range can go up to even a few kilometers with a handful of abilities.

The mobility weakness gets circumvented by her Machine God transformation, I should probably have worded that better in the profile

The poison can induce death hax, not sure if that helps tho. She also has paralysis

Still doubt it's remotely comparable to the most agile birds on the planet on steroids. Or dozens of the best birds on the planet pumped full of hamon before they spontaneously grow tentacles to extend their reach.

The poison having anything doesn't matter, Hamon straight up blocks it out entirely as it's a liquid. Paralysis ain't doing anything to someone who can manually control every single cell that makes up their being or to someone who casually rips apart their mucles and skeleton to do wonky poses. Muscle paralysis is a non-issue.

Death hax, assuming Kars even gets infected, is only a 20% chance, that's only a win 20% of the time on the off chances Kars doesn't just go no and coat himself with Hamon.

Back